David Templeton

jamborich

Only player who got at them last night. Plays like that in the SPL and he'll rip many teams apart. But knock yourself out with the over the top negativity.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gregory House M.D.

I honestly despise you.

When I wrote that comment, it was all for an internet persona's acceptance. You cut me deep man, real deep. :sob:

HamishMcGonagall

I think your confusing height with build.

Messi, although small in height, is strong and has a decent build to him.

Temps needs to get bigger and stronger. He looks a skinny wee boy compared to Messi.

messi10.jpg

Definately. Don't know how to get the pictures onto my post so will just have to post a link http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=lionel+messi+muscle&um=1&hl=en&sa=N&biw=1280&bih=685&tbm=isch&tbnid=XInSvbC1S9N0UM:&imgrefurl=http://yellowinda.tumblr.com/&docid=ZkJNsunem4tYpM&w=500&h=303&ei=pg9OTqPOL5SK4gS_qbzEBw&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=464&vpy=279&dur=3537&hovh=175&hovw=289&tx=134&ty=148&page=2&tbnh=162&tbnw=207&start=28&ndsp=17&ved=1t:429,r:13,s:28

Big lesson for Templeton last night.

He did very well to initially get past the defenders ... numerous times ... and in the SPL he would have been away in the clear.

But the pace and power of the Spurs defenders meant that they had recovered before he was away and were able to jockey him off the ball. I thought that he was one of the players to have a go at Spurs but he has to develop more of a passing game and hopefully last night will help.

all good points. Having people worth passing to would be a start. Templeton has the ability to go far, but he needs to improve on numerous parts of his game to progress.

love the guy to bits, but after watching spurs even he must realise he will never make the top grade.

Pains me to say it but he just doesn't have the physique to compete.............Black, Driver,Hamill Grainger your at your level .. enjoy

It's not just about physique it is how you go about challenges, I watched Defoe muscle Zaliukas off the ball with ease and look at the difference in size between those two!!

We never won a 50/50 challenge all night and it is not about size but technique and upper body strength not to mention balance.

Jam Tarts 1874

Spurs knew that he was our only goal threat. There were 2 or 3 Spurs players on him instantly anytime he was in possession. Difficult night for the lad, but ultimately he is one of the few ways we will create any chances in SPL games.

mahgrassyshoes

It's not just about physique it is how you go about challenges, I watched Defoe muscle Zaliukas off the ball with ease and look at the difference in size between those two!!

We never won a 50/50 challenge all night and it is not about size but technique and upper body strength not to mention balance.

That bit in bold for me. add to the Defoe Zal thing there was a cracking ball from grainger in the first half that got over Dawson and Gomes and I thought Sutton would have piled through Assou-Ekotto (sp?) but he never got near it. The player have to learn how to use their bodies better. They were streets ahead of us in terms of ability, physicality and mentality. A player like temps will have learned a lot from last night. In honesty, the whole team should have learned several lessons.

Spot on mate.

The whole, "but messi is wee", thing is a myth.

tumblr_lq3yhp9L7m1qdxgrdo1_500.jpg

Small height, yes, but strong and certainly no wee boy temps build about him.

Here is a an idea - play Driver on the left wing and Templeton on the right and allow them to go on the outside to the byeline and put crosses in.

Just an idea like.

That bit in bold for me. add to the Defoe Zal thing there was a cracking ball from grainger in the first half that got over Dawson and Gomes and I thought Sutton would have piled through Assou-Ekotto (sp?) but he never got near it. The player have to learn how to use their bodies better. They were streets ahead of us in terms of ability, physicality and mentality. A player like temps will have learned a lot from last night. In honesty, the whole team should have learned several lessons.

I'm not so sure he is capable of learning anymore than he has already. Last night proved to me that he is an average SPL player who would never make it in the EPL and possibly the Championship.

At best he may do ok in League 1.

People keep talking about him as if he is 18/19 but he is 23 now and although players are never too old to learn I have my doubts about Templeton.

Here is a an idea - play Driver on the left wing and Templeton on the right and allow them to go on the outside to the byeline and put crsses in.

Just an idea like.

I agree we need to hit the byeline more. One of the main reasons for this is if playing 4-5-1 it allows support from midfield to arrive in the box.

Bit harsh on Templeton. Thought, like everyone else he had a poor first half but started the 2nd well. He needs to improve on releasing at the right time but, that will come. I would say Driver was the only positive for me. Much improved on Paks game and looks to be coming on to his game. Just in time for Hibs :thumbsup:

Here is a an idea - play Driver on the left wing and Templeton on the right and allow them to go on the outside to the byeline and put crosses in.

Just an idea like.

Agreed. We must be the only team that play two wingers but don't put any crosses into the box.

Bit harsh on Templeton. Thought, like everyone else he had a poor first half but started the 2nd well. He needs to improve on releasing at the right time but, that will come. I would say Driver was the only positive for me. Much improved on Paks game and looks to be coming on to his game. Just in time for Hibs :thumbsup:

He needs to play the simple ball until he gets back to his best instead of all the fancy stuff that hardly ever comes off. He rarely chooses the right option and gives the ball away far too much.

Spot on mate.

The whole, "but messi is wee", thing is a myth.

tumblr_lq3yhp9L7m1qdxgrdo1_500.jpg

Small height, yes, but strong and certainly no wee boy temps build about him.

Yep.

Defoe and Lennon were built like tanks too.

Temps strength will hold him back majorly, as will his rotten play TBF.

rossthejambo

He did very well to initially get past the defenders ... numerous times ... and in the SPL he would have been away in the clear.

But the pace and power of the Spurs defenders meant that they had recovered before he was away and were able to jockey him off the ball. I thought that he was one of the players to have a go at Spurs but he has to develop more of a passing game and hopefully last night will help.

I'd agree with this. The pant wetting stuff by some on here is cringeworthy tbh.

I think what would help him is players to pass it to at times though, he gets into positions and then has no-one available. He needs to work on his final ball a bit as well but it'll come eventually.

Think people need to realise that last night was not a night to be judging players/managers performances on, the gulf in class between the SPL and the top 6 of the EPL is massive.

He needs to play the simple ball until he gets back to his best instead of all the fancy stuff that hardly ever comes off. He rarely chooses the right option and gives the ball away far too much.

That is my biggest criticism of Temps.

I expect a winger to do one of the following:

- Run his man down the line and get a cross in/corner.

- If he has the defence on the run, cut inside and play in a team-mate or shoot - whatever option is better.

- Pass the ball back to a team-mate if crowded out.

Temps is a bit predictable at present and its the inability to hold onto possession that is killing us - even in the SPL. Defenders are reading him too easily and win the ball almost every time and set up a counter-attack.

I thought that the unfit Driver looked far more comfortable than Temps at the level we were playing at last night. I think its perhaps time to give Temps a rest and get his confidence back, and give Driver/Novi a game instead.

That is my biggest criticism of Temps.

I expect a winger to do one of the following:

- Run his man down the line and get a cross in/corner.

- If he has the defence on the run, cut inside and play in a team-mate or shoot - whatever option is better.

- Pass the ball back to a team-mate if crowded out.

Temps is a bit predictable at present and its the inability to hold onto possession that is killing us - even in the SPL. Defenders are reading him too easily and win the ball almost every time and set up a counter-attack.

I thought that the unfit Driver looked far more comfortable than Temps at the level we were playing at last night. I think its perhaps time to give Temps a rest and get his confidence back, and give Driver/Novi a game instead.

Agree, Driver is the much better of the two and I think PS is doing the right thing by taking him off after about 60 minutes which will get his fitness back gradually with less risk of another injury.

We could do with a fully fir Driver again.

Sorry Coco but you must have been watching a different player to me, I don't think he went past a man once (with the ball that is) and if he did then he gave it away cheaply.

Thought Driver was our best player tonight, was the only one who tried to get forward, took men on and also didn't give the ball away too cheaply.

Have to agree, Driver seemed to be the only guy up for it and didnt give up easy. I also thought Black played okay aswell. The only two I can rate tbh.

Have to agree, Driver seemed to be the only guy up for it and didnt give up easy. I also thought Black played okay aswell. The only two I can rate tbh.

I thought Black did quite well, he certainly tried hard but I just wish he would stop these silly little kicks he has at players and the running fueds.

I'm sure he would be a better player for it if he did.

Driver had a bad game. Temps looked for more likely to cause some danger and nearly did. You have no clue what you're talking about.

One of the few who seemed to make some time for himself despite being put under pressure very quickly by good Spurs defenders, kept possession much more than Temps last night, I was surprised when he got hooked but his face was looking about the same coloura s his top. Worked hard with and without the ball.

as an aside, Driver took a lot of stick on here for bulking up his upper body when he was out injured. Maybe time for a few of his team mates to do the same.

One of the few who seemed to make some time for himself despite being put under pressure very quickly by good Spurs defenders, kept possession much more than Temps last night, I was surprised when he got hooked but his face was looking about the same coloura s his top. Worked hard with and without the ball.

He was the only Hearts player who was beating men in that first half, but had to do things all himself due to the other players hiding.

I'd agree with this. The pant wetting stuff by some on here is cringeworthy tbh.

I think what would help him is players to pass it to at times though, he gets into positions and then has no-one available. He needs to work on his final ball a bit as well but it'll come eventually.

Think people need to realise that last night was not a night to be judging players/managers performances on, the gulf in class between the SPL and the top 6 of the EPL is massive.

Templeton has been poor in the SPL for months now so I will judge him on that. Rarely beats his man, never gets his head up to pass and play breaks down most of the time he gets the ball. I accept that he has moments of brilliance like his goal at easter road and that night against celtic but that's not enough.

winston churchill

He was very poor last night. But,

Apart from a half dozen games against pub players just before xmas last season.He has been utter mince.

I'll say it again.

Playing for the hearts is as far as he will go in the game.

Temps is worth ?5 million :lol:

Apart from a half dozen games against pub players just before xmas last season.He has been utter mince.

I'll say it again.

Playing for the hearts is as far as he will go in the game.

Temps is worth ?5 million :lol:

Rupees

Templeton was embarassing TBH. We rant and rave about a great winger. All I seen tonight was a pathetic, diving, moaning bitch. He's wore my patience thin and now i'm just sick of the sight of him to be horribly frank.

In a universe of shite posts this one stands out like a ******* black hole. Absolute and utter shite.

I agree with John re this post.

Excellent post. Hopefully he learns from it.

I honestly despise you.

:yas:

Gregory House M.D.

I agree with John re this post.

Excellent post. Hopefully he learns from it.

:yas:

Your just as stupid then... How can something stand out like a Blackhole? :facepalm::vrface:

aren't you thinking about the wonderful cross from the left that stevenson put in and sutton seemed to just watch it rather than throw himself at it to try and make contact as IMO any decent contact and gomes was beaten

Your just as stupid then... How can something stand out like a Blackhole? :facepalm::vrface:

if you saw one , you'd know.

Temps pump your bird or soemthing???

Temps? Good player who had a go last night. Maybe his bad habits still appeared now and again but he kept going and was unlucky in the 2nd half not to get a shot away after a fine run...(good tackle from defender mind)

Will he play at a higher level? Not sure, maybe but he`s important to Hearts as there`s not many of his type around in our game.

Leave of the lad , he is just starting out and he as well as the rest of the players will have learned from the first half alone more than they have ever learned in the game up untill tonight .

Players take time to develop , learn and mature , just ask Charlie Adam

Anyway i thought Temps had a great run in the second half , he just needs to mature , work hard and gain confidence

Templeton; 22

Bale: 22

He had a go, but was up against a player who was bigger, stronger, faster and generally a cut above what temps normally plays against. No shame in it, but definitely a reality check for some on here.

By good you mean having defenders beaten then turning back to take them on again, falling about at the slightest touch, leaving Grainger with no outball, being continually out of position, moaning at team-mates after his shite passes, his shite "outside of the foot" control that never worked once, running into trouble and just giving up when he's lost the ball?

He needs to wake up.

This :thumbsup:

One trick pony who was found out months ago. He will have the odd good game and score the odd cracker but Hearts will be the biggest club he plays for.

Driver on the other hand, when fully and if he remains fit, will go on to much bigger things.

who's idea was it to compare temps and messi?? :lol:

The imp insinuated they both had a similar build.

Which was put right.

Nobody is actually comparing them talent wise. :lol:

Gregory House M.D.

Easily.

So, my post stands out like something that's invisible to the naked eye?

So, my post stands out like something that's invisible to the naked eye?

Holy ****. your post was a pile of shit. How does that one work for you.

Gregory House M.D.

Holy ****. your post was a pile of shit. How does that one work for you.

Better. :thumbsup:

You-cant-handle-the-truth.jpg

robborobborobborobertson

Behave

Templeton's game would benefit greatly from regularly playing at a better level

Gregory House M.D.

ATM, He's pish at this level.

If he can't hack it at this level, he won't make it at a better league.

Seymour M Hersh

Sensible post Coco. Clearly Temps has shagged (un)happy graham weir's bird and he's bitter. Another talentless keyboard hardman.

Archived