Atmosphere Tonight

Italian Lambretta

Gregory House M.D.

The songs were:

Your city's on fire! Why dont you go home?

Here cause your homeless, you're only here cause your homeless!

Gareth Bale's got a ******* monkeys heed.

You only sing when your lootin.

Shall we sing a song for you?

We're gonna score six in London.

Small team from team from London.

What a shite away support.

And the usual songbook.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fozzyonthefence

what aye ok then you had a more balanced view of the atmosphere than people actually at the game :rolleyes:

Like most sports, you actually see much more on TV than you see at the game, different angles, action replays, etc - all things that you often miss from the stands.

Regarding the atmosphere I was meaning you can hear all parts of the ground on TV, not trying to say the atmosphere is better, - if you are in section G, for example, you just tend to hear the folk round about you in Section G.

Gregory House M.D.

Tynecastle is pish for atmosphere.Can't remember the last time it was decent.

Maybe the 3-2 derby in 2006? Struggling here.Sounded decent for about 2 mins after the game started tonight.

Pish.

Like most sports, you actually see much more on TV than you see at the game, different angles, action replays, etc - all things that you often miss from the stands.

Regarding the atmosphere I was meaning you can hear all parts of the ground on TV, not trying to say the atmosphere is better, - if you are in section G, for example, you just tend to hear the folk round about you in Section G.

Pish

Fozzyonthefence

Pish

Well thought out reply. Can't think of a counter argument so just resort to abuse.

Thought that the atmosphere tonight was great- especially the 2nd half.

If only Section F, row 27, seats 4-9, had the decency to put their brains back in their head it would have been a lot better atmosphere!

Houston, we have utter feckwits in our support! Tossers!

Gregory House M.D.

Glad you agree

Pish.

(I'm going to reply with pish replies if you keep posting pish)

Pish.

Gregory House M.D.

Well thought out reply. Can't think of a counter argument so just resort to abuse.

You weren't at the game, there for your opinion on Atmosphere is completely invalidated.

Shortened... Pish.

Pish.

(I'm going to reply with pish replies if you keep posting pish)

Pish.

How can you say anybody on here posts pish :rofl:

Gregory House M.D.

:sob:

I was sat right in the heavens in the gorgie road stand sadly but sometimes we were really quiet but that was just at low points in the game, but to be fair we did create a good atmosphere at some parts in the game and at kick off but to anyone that says the players were s*** then they need a reality check because tottenham are just a class apart from us

ok well i have almost lost my voice after tonights game and i was sat in section b row 4 of the wheatfield stand.

Fozzyonthefence

Cherrio then

:thumbsup:

Aw, shame - that you off to bed? I was enjoying your intellectual posts so much.

Aw, shame - that you off to bed? I was enjoying your intellectual posts so much.

Eh ?

If you were that bothered you would have been there tonight.

You were not so whatever you say is irrelevent

comprende.

Nelly Terraces

You didn't go to the game tonight as your Mum wouldn't let you.

That's what I heard.

Fozzyonthefence

Eh ?

If you were that bothered you would have been there tonight.

You were not so whatever you say is irrelevent

comprende.

That's what I thought - no idea why you said "cherrio" earlier - that's why I assumed you were leaving.

I've got better things to spend my money on these days but didn't realise non attending fans weren't allowed on JKB anymore or had to seek permission to post from the uber fans. You don't have to go to a match to have an opinion - try removing your head from your self righteous arse.

An 'atmosphere' specifically relates to the Influence or aesthetic effect of an environment. If you watched it on telly all you could determine was the 'sound' of the environment which was predominantly determined by the positioning and settings of the microphones.

It was a good atmosphere tonight, regardless of the result/performance.

That's what I thought - no idea why you said "cherrio" earlier - that's why I assumed you were leaving.

I've got better things to spend my money on these days but didn't realise non attending fans weren't allowed on JKB anymore or had to seek permission to post from the uber fans. You don't have to go to a match to have an opinion - try removing your head from your self righteous arse.

Did it really take you 20 mins to google comprende

:)

MonkeyHeidHater

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14568630.stm

Best atmosphere since Zagreb IMO.

100% agree - singing almost the entire game even after Spurs goals. Anyone saying the atmos was bad is either deluded, a hobo or simpy hasn't been to a game in years.

I got a text from a part-time old jambo during the game "shocking" - was it really???? Spurs are a class act compared to the level we play at now - fact.

sorry to burst your bubble boys but gettin outsung by 1400 yids is embarrasing and i have to question what you think makes

an atmosphere ?? if its not too painful watch and listen re run of game . our great backing is one of lifes "great lies"

900 if lucky mate .hearts fans turned up the volume before the game. short lived with quick goals. but done club pwoud throughout will rock it up in london to pi ss ed to talk. will talk with you more if you make killie on sunday. best wishes me

Harry Redknapp from their website:

"I expected a really tough game here. We've seen them play and what an atmosphere. I mean, you heard the crowd before the game, they are fantastic supporters, they are amazing, they kept with their team all through the game, they were great. To win as we did in the end was fantastic."

Gregory House M.D.

Harry Redknapp from their website:

"I expected a really tough game here. We've seen them play and what an atmosphere. I mean, you heard the crowd before the game, they are fantastic supporters, they are amazing, they kept with their team all through the game, they were great. To win as we did in the end was fantastic."

But... but... but... A few armchair fans said the atmosphere was shite!? MAD 'ARRY OOT :sob:

ToadKiller Dog

The atmosphere was excellent from start to finish, the problem for us being is that great atmospheres often inspire great players .

oh ah grantona

I thought atmosphere could have been a lot lot lot lot better to many non singers I was in ashamed because we could have created a more intimidating atmosphere but well done to g and n and even school end the rest as a majority hang ur heads

The atmosphere tonight was one of the few positives to come out of the evening.

Absolutely electric and despite the result, many many tingly spine moments - I cherish those moments when the old girl is bouncing like that.

Texts from a couple of English mates when we were 0-5 down.

'Your fans are awesome'

and

'just to let you know Hearts are now my favourite Scottish team.'

Small consolotian I suppose.

What a lot of old shite!

Sydney from Sydney

I was in the old stand and the atmosphere was great. No one turned against the team even after the fifth goal. What more could be expected. ? Can't understand anyone having a go at the fans tonight. First half display was one of the worst I've seen from forty odd years following Hearts. Spurs were first class. With the players we've got we should have been playing hoof ball, no doubt about it. The score is "very" embarrassing.

Gregory House M.D.

What a lot of old shite!

5 years, 1st post? Enjoy your stay, you'll not last much longer.

The People's Chimp

Just want to say that the atmosphere tonight was fantastic till the end. Section G where brilliant and the rest of the crowd followed suit.

We where pupmed by a world class team but Tynecastle is the undisputed champ when it comes to European night.

So well done everyone. :thumbsup:

The atmosphere was good for the first 4 minutes and about 2 minutes after the start of the second half.

Gregory House M.D.

The atmosphere was good for the first 4 minutes and about 2 minutes after the start of the second half.

'Arry says your talking shite. :arry:

Tokyo Drifter

Thought the Spurs fans did their bit. But for a supposed sell-out how come the attendance was 16200?

heartsfc_fan

Thought the Spurs fans did their bit. But for a supposed sell-out how come the attendance was 16200?

They weren't selling off the season ticket seats in the lower main stand. 5 spare seats next to me. Also the media took lots of seats in the last few rows of N2.

Spurs end had a few empty seats, but I agree, effectively there was 1000 empty seats last night? Really?

Anyway, regarding the atmoshpere, I'll say it again. If anyone doesn't think that was decent, they're mad :blink:

Atmosphere was class, Section G and surrounding areas take a bow if you helped add to the singing.

The songs/banter/chant was terrific and to be 5 nil down and we were singing like we were on course to win a cup. Proud to be a Jambo.

If anyone thinks the atmosphere was crap I assume you will be the same fan that either sits at home with a cup of tea or go to the games and sit silent, dont join in any singing and then moan when there is no atmosphere, the atmosphere can only be poor because of fans like you.

Now I cant wait for london, for the atmosphere and singing from the gorgie faithful will be top notch. For any of the part-timers that go once and then moan well I guess we will see you at hampden

I am confused as I seem to have been at a different game last night.

Amazing atmosphere?

It was very good for 10 minutes, the 5 mins before the game and the 5 mins before Spurs scored but after that it was not in any way shape or form 'an amazing atmosphere'.

I feel sorry for the folks who have clearly started following the club very recently.

The changing face of the Hearts support eh.

The People's Chimp

Quote from Andy Driver:

"You look forward to the game for so long and to let the goal in so early killed the atmosphere and it was a struggle from there.

http://tinyurl.com/4y9euhz

P.S. FAO Happy Graham Weir, apologies I don't have an Andy Driver smiley for you.

the atmosphere was brilliant people who say otherwise werent at the game or most of them werent or are you going to tell us that most of our supporters and tottenham supporters and harry redknapp are lying

you can hear more when you are there

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvw7Nd0Cpp8

From YouTube, video of just before KO.

shitlaugh.gif

I think people are right, that the 5 minutes before and after kick off was just pure electric, yes it get not get like that for the rest of the game but was still very good. They only thing that tops that recently was the 1-0 against hibs and rangers, and even that was late on when we got the goal. Last night it was non-stop for long periods! Not as good as zagerb but maybe that has to do with the score line.

Archived