Atmosphere Tonight

Italian Lambretta

right sorry to go off topic, but i cant seem to make a topic for some reason, ( maybe someone cud help me out ) still only new to the forum, but my first opportunity to get to tynecastle this season is october for killie game, and just booked my tickets section e in wheatfield stand..... never sat over there, only ever been in gorgie family stand a few times, there nothing to block the view or anything is there :unsure:

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fozzyonthefence

Comments from TV fans dont count

Hearts support was amazin even at 3-0 down

Well done - give yourself a pat on the back. Atmosphere was still pretty ordinary though, although there was a brief upturn in vocal support early in the 2nd half - our only good spell in the game.

Sorry, if I'm not allowed an opinion - I'll check with the uber fans first next time.

Fozzyonthefence

[mod edit] were you even at the game ffs we sang all game the tottenham fans done nothing and judging the atmosphere on the tele is stupid half the mics arent even turned on half the time ask anybody that was at the game

How would they know what mics are turned on?

Glamorgan Jambo

It was fantastic to hear some cracking renditions of the old classics - with my personal favourite being by the light of the silvery moon... and I'm fairly sure I also heard the Drew Busby song. Well done to the fans....

As an armchair fan though I have to agree that we heard a fair bit from the 'blue army'. I wonder if Thelleck fans are busy e-mailing UEFA in protest at the Tottenham version of the billy boys being heard on a few occasions...

Texts from a couple of English mates when we were 0-5 down.

'Your fans are awesome'

and

'just to let you know Hearts are now my favourite Scottish team.'

Small consolotian I suppose.

The Hearts Fans were in good voice tonight, The Spurs fans were poor, they came north for the game, they didnae get a lot o tickets so you have to think that that was there loyal so very poor showing for me.

Richard Luffnan

The atmosphere was brilliant tonight. :thumbsup:

Those saying it was shite are talking out of their arse.

being a fifer your used to being easily pleased .

I was in the Roseburn stand tonight, quite close to the Spurs fans but, considering the way we played I thought the support was fantastic. Yeah, a few left early and there was a bit of a lull in the first half but, 2nd half in particular I thought they did us proud. Certainly more than the team did.

Never going in that stand again. Last time I was there we got beat 6 - 2 off Partick Thistle :verymad:

Jeremy beagle

Proud Jambo sat in the Spurs end tonight with a good friend. We were dire the minute the 2nd goal went in. Spurs fans were laughing at us through most of it....

I was in the Roseburn stand tonight, quite close to the Spurs fans but, considering the way we played I thought the support was fantastic. Yeah, a few left early and there was a bit of a lull in the first half but, 2nd half in particular I thought they did us proud. Certainly more than the team did.

Never going in that stand again. Last time I was there we got beat 6 - 2 off Partick Thistle :verymad:

So it was you ya feckin Jonah!

:P:lol:

As a toon fan, I know when a game is a good atmosphere and when it's shite, and when it's shite I'll say it's shite. When SJP is rocking I've not been anywhere that matches it and I've been to OF games and what not, generally though Tynecastle is the best atmosphere in the SPL, that's what I find.

Tonight I watched it on telly the Hearts fans were very good. I badword hate Tottenham, their fans are shite, but all you could hear for long parts of the first half was them with their **** "Oh when the Spurs gowww marchin in" and "we are Tottnum from the lyyyyne", to say they were utterly shit is just a lie, you heard them more than Hearts on telly and that's honestly. Watch it again if you don't believe me. We'd have had a riot if we were 0-5 down to the ***** but to be fair we normally beat them think they've won here twice in 30 year, so your fans did well to keep going

Richard Luffnan

You said you were away to your bed? Still here though :blink:

im not right in the head but im not as not right as others .

As a toon fan, I know when a game is a good atmosphere and when it's shite, and when it's shite I'll say it's shite. When SJP is rocking I've not been anywhere that matches it and I've been to OF games and what not, generally though Tynecastle is the best atmosphere in the SPL, that's what I find.

Tonight I watched it on telly the Hearts fans were very good. I badword hate Tottenham, their fans are shite, but all you could hear for long parts of the first half was them with their **** "Oh when the Spurs gowww marchin in" and "we are Tottnum from the lyyyyne", to say they were utterly shit is just a lie, you heard them more than Hearts on telly and that's honestly. Watch it again if you don't believe me. We'd have had a riot if we were 0-5 down to the ***** but to be fair we normally beat them think they've won here twice in 30 year, so your fans did well to keep going

If that true then there must have been mics switched off and on as i was close to spurs fans and hardly heard a peep.

i was at the game and i honestly dont know how the tottenham fans could be heard on the tele i didnt hear them even sing we sang all game. there must have been a mic put next to them

Anatoly_Korobochka

Get the maroon tinted spectacle/hearing aids of lads.

Getting outsung by 1400 yids was pathetic. Most Hearts fans can get to **** as far as I'm concerned, leaving when it went 3-0 ****sake get a grip.

Well done - give yourself a pat on the back. Atmosphere was still pretty ordinary though, although there was a brief upturn in vocal support early in the 2nd half - our only good spell in the game.

Sorry, if I'm not allowed an opinion - I'll check with the uber fans first next time.

You are right you are not afforded an opinion you were not there

Uberfan

Harry Redknapp said it all really. Makes me very proud to be a Jambo...

"You heard the crowd before the game. They are fantastic supporters here - amazing! They were with their team all through the game they were great. They deserve success here [Tynecastle] it's an unbelievable support"

He meant it too - brings a tear to my eye hearing the hearts song at 5-0 down, even if it was 6am in Oz.

Hats off!

Correct. Atmosphere sounded great at the beginning then it was shit after they scored and for large parts all you could hear was the Spurs fans.

Agree it wasn't till your dominance at the beginning of the 2nd half that the Hearts fans started singing again. Second half was much better from Hearts fans, first half after the first two minutes was poor.

Get the maroon tinted spectacle/hearing aids of lads.

Getting outsung by 1400 yids was pathetic. Most Hearts fans can get to **** as far as I'm concerned, leaving when it went 3-0 ****sake get a grip.

Another ITV4 Loyalist....

It was good until the first goal and the majority started supporting Spurs.

Tynecastle is intimidating? :rofl:

Do me a ******* favour. Bale won't have played at a more welcoming ground in his puff.

Part time fan post IMO

John Robertson's testimonial was a proper atmosphere. I wouldn't put Tottenham in the top 10 or 15 supports in England vocally, so it's like Dunfermline coming down here.

Harry Redknapp said it all really. Makes me very proud to be a Jambo...

"You heard the crowd before the game. They are fantastic supporters here - amazing! They were with their team all through the game they were great. They deserve success here [Tynecastle] it's an unbelievable support"

He meant it too - brings a tear to my eye hearing the hearts song at 5-0 down, even if it was 6am in Oz.

Hats off!

Harry has always been a Jambo

Good to hear

:thumbsup:

John Robertson's testimonial was a proper atmosphere. I wouldn't put Tottenham in the top 10 or 15 supports in England vocally, so it's like Dunfermline coming down here.

More like Inverness

Fozzyonthefence

You are right you are not afforded an opinion you were not there

Uberfan

Probably got a better view and more balanced sense of the atmosphere on TV than you did. Added to that saved myself over ?50 including beers, so feeling vindicated and richer tonight. And very glad I'm not going to WHL.

i was at the game and i honestly dont know how the tottenham fans could be heard on the tele i didnt hear them even sing we sang all game. there must have been a mic put next to them

Must have, they did sing but you really couldn't hear them and even then it was very little, poor away support.

NextGenerationJambo

How can anyone gauge atmosphere from the tele??

Atmosphere had to be experienced! Yes it has been poor recently but tonight it was fantastic, regardless of what folk think they heard on the tele!

And we most definitely out sung spurs!

Probably got a better view and more balanced sense of the atmosphere on TV than you did. Added to that saved myself over ?50 including beers, so feeling vindicated and richer tonight. And very glad I'm not going to WHL.

what aye ok then you had a more balanced view of the atmosphere than people actually at the game :rolleyes:

You had a better view :) :) :)

And a better sense of the atmosphere :) :) :)

Aye right lol

.Go to WHL ????? :) :) :) You never even went to TYNIE

:)

Uberfan

Baird, King and Michael

Thought the Hearts fans were fantastic tonight.

Was in Section G which did its best to try and lift the team throughout the 90 mins. Enjoyed most of the banter and there were some funny spontaneous songs as well.

However, there are some real Neanderthals in that section, especially down the front.

Some real nasty racism, anti-Semitism and Islamaphobia from a group of predominantly young guys.

The majority of our support were superb though. If only we could get rid of some of the ***holes.

Oh Edinbra, is wonderful,

Oh Edinbra is wonderful,

Apart frae Hibs, trams and racists,

Oh Edinbra is wonderful!

Gregory House M.D.

get that appointment booked for your hearing . you need it

Weren't at the game so don't comment.

Section G, as per the norm were outstanding. Heard Spurs once.

The fact the cameras were situated in front of the Gorgie and in front of the Spurs fans, it's hardly surprising Spurs were heard more.

To say they outsung us is a lie.

Anatoly_Korobochka

Was piss poor, was in the roseburn so I could gauge both sections. Dire from both tbh, ours were too quite. Spurs were tedious, repetitive and boring as **** but at least made some noise. Pre match atmosphere was tits but during the 90, flat as a pancake.

The Lane will be better next week though :thumbsup:

Was piss poor, was in the roseburn so I could gauge both sections. Dire from both tbh, ours were too quite. Spurs were tedious, repetitive and boring as **** but at least made some noise. Pre match atmosphere was tits but during the 90, flat as a pancake.

Eh ??

watched the game on the Tellybox, at some point there was definately a song to the tune of 'that' famine song. However, the lyrics sounded like "The riots are over, why don't you go home". Genuinely didn't know whether to laugh or cringe. Although certainly one of the most creative lyrics (assuming i heard it right) from Tynecastle in recent years :mellow:

Jambothroughandthrough

HARRY REDKNAPP: "You heard the crowd before the game, there are fantastic supporters here. They were amazing. They kept with their team all through the game and they deserve success here."

:thumbsup:

Gregory House M.D.

Aye ok.

Not attending your teams glamour tie against Berwick next week then?

The reception for Dave Mackay was disappointing TBF. Everything else was top notch.

The lyrics to that tune were...

Why dont you go home? Why dont you go hoooome? Your city's on fire! Why don't you go home?

Tynecastle is pish for atmosphere.Can't remember the last time it was decent.

Maybe the 3-2 derby in 2006? Struggling here.Sounded decent for about 2 mins after the game started tonight.

Erm... you gotta be kiddin :wacko:

Anatoly_Korobochka

Aye ok.

Not attending your teams glamour tie against Berwick next week then?

The reception for Dave Mackay was disappointing TBF. Everything else was top notch.

The lyrics to that tune were...

Why dont you go home? Why dont you go hoooome? Your city's on fire! Why don't you go home?

I'm not a Hibs fan pal. Very common reaction on this board that if someone doesn't agree with what another poster is saying, they get called out as a hibs fan. Grow up :down:

Anatoly_Korobochka

Erm... you gotta be kiddin :wacko:

WHL will be a lot better. Its the hardcore that are going down who will sing the full ninety no matter what happens. And nobody will leave after 30 minutes. I can almost guarantee that.

Tynecastle is pish for atmosphere.Can't remember the last time it was decent.

Maybe the 3-2 derby in 2006? Struggling here.Sounded decent for about 2 mins after the game started tonight.

If you were there it would have seemed different

:verymad: :verymad:

watched the game on the Tellybox, at some point there was definately a song to the tune of 'that' famine song. However, the lyrics sounded like "The riots are over, why don't you go home". Genuinely didn't know whether to laugh or cringe. Although certainly one of the most creative lyrics (assuming i heard it right) from Tynecastle in recent years :mellow:

" your only here cause your homeless "

:)

Archived