To those leaving at half time...

Big Team

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your right mike many will but as time has shown when it comes down to it with Hearts its the same faces who are there over and over again

What else is better than watching your team play a EPL league side in the Europa League?

And wtf better is there to do on a Thursday night?

:blink:

Erm, watching my team win a match? My team weren't playing against Spurs tonight, they were just on the same pitch as them.

I went to the pub and had a pint. Went home some time between the 4th and 5th goals. It was definitely better than staying at the match. Hope this clairifies matters.

Say What Again

I left BEFORE half time.

I will continue to attend, and leave, whenever the **** I want.

Thanks for the thread though.

Boy leaving behind me - who I didn't know - claimed it's the earlieast he's left in his 35 years of being a ST holder. I agree with the OP, lets get these ***** (and me) out.

Sometimes I genuinley think these posters would be happier watching 3rd division football with 200 select hardcore.

At least the real fans would be there. :rolleyes:

Erm, watching my team win a match? My team weren't playing against Spurs tonight, they were just on the same pitch as them.

I went to the pub and had a pint. Went home some time between the 4th and 5th goals. It was definitely better than staying at the match. Hope this clairifies matters.

You didn't stay at the game so your right to decide what was better is void.

Hope that clarifies matters for you.

Its boggling that "fans" will leave one of the biggest games in our clubs recent history, early on, to have a pint. :down:

Why not stay and support and your club?

Can you not handle that fact we were outclassed?

I left BEFORE half time.

I will continue to attend, and leave, whenever the **** I want.

Thanks for the thread though.

Boy leaving behind me - who I didn't know - claimed it's the earlieast he's left in his 35 years of being a ST holder. I agree with the OP, lets get these ***** (and me) out.

Sometimes I genuinley think these posters would be happier watching 3rd division football with 200 select hardcore.

At least the real fans would be there. :rolleyes:

Why bother even going?

You could have gave your ticket to a true supporter? :oohmatron:

You didn't stay at the game so your right to decide what was better is void.

Hope that clarifies matters for you.

Its boggling that "fans" will leave one of the biggest games in our clubs recent history, early on, to have a pint. :down:

Why not stay and support and your club?

Can you not handle that fact we were outclassed?

I can handle it yeah. Can you not handle that I chose to leave after paying my own money to get in?

As I've already said in this thread or another, I wasn't there to see Spurs play, and they were the only team playing. If I want to go and watch an English Premier League side then I'll go to an English Premier League match.

Get over the fact that not all fans want to stay to the end regardless of the way the game is going. I've stayed to the end of enough shocking games over the years, tonight I chose to leave early and I stand by that decision. Apart from the first 5 minutes of the 2nd half we done nothing. I'll sleep well tonight despite missing that action.

I can handle it yeah. Can you not handle that I chose to leave after paying my own money to get in?

As I've already said in this thread or another, I wasn't there to see Spurs play, and they were the only team playing. If I want to go and watch an English Premier League side then I'll go to an English Premier League match.

Get over the fact that not all fans want to stay to the end regardless of the way the game is going. I've stayed to the end of enough shocking games over the years, tonight I chose to leave early and I stand by that decision. Apart from the first 5 minutes of the 2nd half we done nothing. I'll sleep well tonight despite missing that action.

Thanks for clearing that up, I though you used someone else's money to get in.

:cornette:

Gods a Jambo

I think the term outclassed is perhaps evident because our defence and midfield were simply incompetent.

Our defence is woeful. It used to be we could have a backs-to-the-wall performance and get through games against better teams. We just don't have the leadership at the back that we used to have with the likes of Pressley/Webster, Levein, Dave MacPherson, etc. A strong captain like Pressley would organise our midfield to protect the defence - it just isn't happening with Zaliukas, who was awful. Andy Webster is nowhere near the player he was before he left.

The signs were there in our last few games that we were badly unprepared for todays game.

This.

Thanks for clearing that up, I though you used someone else's money to get in.

:cornette:

Well, I work for a bank, so kind of.

Say What Again

Why bother even going?

You could have gave your ticket to a true supporter? :oohmatron:

Valid point.

If I'd have given it to an uber-fan, we'd have won 17-2.

I apologise for putting my money into Hearts today, when someone else could have done it better.

Next time I'll run it by you first. :pray:

Valid point.

I apologise for putting my money into Hearts today, when someone else could have done it better.

Thats not entirely necessary, just give it to someone who cares a bit please.

winston churchill

We played a bit better second half as it happens.

You mean.

The game was a dead rubber at 0-2 and they took the foot off the gas.

I bolted for the tynie arms before we took centre when the second went in.

Valid point.

Lets get real. Van Der Vaart is worth more than our entire team. What did you expect. Walk out on Hearts after 30 mins. See you later. Hope the traffic wasn't too bad on the way home.

Just dont ever call your self a Hearts SUPPORTER ever again. If you do I suggest you buy a dictionary.

Thunderstruck

I could care less about those that left early. I was, however, proud to be part of a fantastic home support where the large majority stayed to the end to noisily support their team. If any Hearts supporter didn't want to be part of that, it was their loss.

Poor result, great night. That is what football is about.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Lets get real. Van Der Vaart is worth more than our entire team. What did you expect. Walk out on Hearts after 30 mins. See you later. Hope the traffic wasn't too bad on the way home.

Just dont ever call your self a Hearts SUPPORTER ever again. If you do I suggest you buy a dictionary.

We are worth more than ?8m.

:verysmug:

Just.

We are worth more than ?8m.

:verysmug:

Just.

Its more than out annual turn over for a start.

Plus his market value is way more. Every football fan worldwide knows that he was a bargain at that price.

Say What Again

Thanks for that.

Mods, any chance of a set of real fan guidelines I can stick to?

Lets get real. Van Der Vaart is worth more than our entire team.

Yep. Perfectly clear on that.

What did you expect.

To lose

Walk out on Hearts after 30 mins.

Yes

Hope the traffic wasn't too bad on the way home.

Wasn't bad actually. You'd think there was a game on.

Thanks.

This is why I strongly suggest the 'Sticky' of acceptable fan behaviour.

I apoligise to you and the other uber fans. Clearly if I'd stayed and SUPPORTED they team, we they would have won.

:blahblah:

gorgie rd eh11

If you bought a ticket then you're entitled to leave at whatever time you want. I stayed till the fifth but good HMFC fans i sit with left earlier.

EVERYBODY IS WELCOME BACK. :)

Say What Again

If you bought a ticket then you're entitled to leave at whatever time you want. I stayed till the fifth but good HMFC fans i sit with left earlier.

EVERYBODY IS WELCOME BACK. :)

Burn the witch!

internetlynchmob.jpg

Its the people who didn't leave early i feel sorry for. Them and the sky+ brigade applauding the opposition as we were getting pumped. well done morons.

Thanks.

This is why I strongly suggest the 'Sticky' of acceptable fan behaviour.

I apoligise to you and the other uber fans. Clearly if I'd stayed and SUPPORTED they team, we they would have won.

:blahblah:

All i can do is shake my head.

We wonder whats wrong with our game.

That teams better than my team **** that im off. Its that very attitude that has SPL teams getting 6k a week and the old firm gettin 50k plus.

I support Hearts its not a badge of honour. Its never something that makes me feel better than anybody. Its a choice i make every week and its a choice i shall stick by.

Say What Again
Its a choice i make every week

A choice?

Like me leaving today at 0-3?

My money was spent, my programme (x2) was bought, my pie was eaten, the game was over, I left.

You stayed, good on you.

A choice?

Like me leaving today at 0-3?

My money was spent, my programme (x2) was bought, my pie was eaten, the game was over, I left.

You stayed, good on you.

Im not arguing with you. I just cant understand why. No part of my mind even suggested leaving tonight. If it was the Old Firm and we played that way yes but jesus it was spurs (all be it our tactical set up was farcical at best)

Tommy Wiseau

I just don't get spending 30 sheets on a match, then leaving after 12 or 28 minutes. Your money and all that, but not my bag. Surely you must have known when you shelled out for it that there was a good chance of us getting the full 8" bone dry off them? :blink:

You mean.

The game was a dead rubber at 0-2 and they took the foot off the gas.

I bolted for the tynie arms before we took centre when the second went in.

Dont blame you to be honest.

I stayed till the end but admit I was teetering at 1/2 time. I was worried that Spurs might settle for 3-0, and since we were about as threatening as a gnat on an Elephants back that did not bode well for a 2nd half of thrilling action !

Thankfully Spurs continued to play some nice stuff and pressed for more goals.

Say What Again

Im not arguing with you. I just cant understand why. No part of my mind even suggested leaving tonight. If it was the Old Firm and we played that way yes but jesus it was spurs (all be it our tactical set up was farcical at best)

Fair point matty, and I apologise for being snippy in the last few posts.

I just couldn't sit and watch us being torn apart. After 15 mins it looked like it could have been 10 (though I'd have scoffed at the suggestion of the eventual 5)

I just don't get spending 30 sheets on a match, then leaving after 12 or 28 minutes. Your money and all that, but not my bag. Surely you must have known when you shelled out for it that there was a good chance of us getting the full 8" bone dry off them? :blink:

Of course. Doesn't mean you have to be happy to bend over and take it.

Tommy Wiseau

Fair point matty, and I apologise for being snippy in the last few posts.

I just couldn't sit and watch us being torn apart. After 15 mins it looked like it could have been 10 (though I'd have scoffed at the suggestion of the eventual 5)

Of course. Doesn't mean you have to be happy to bend over and take it.

Does bending over and taking it = staying in the stadium though? It's not for me. Like I say though, your money and I'm not telling you what you should or shouldn't do - just not for me to take a walk after less than half an hour of any game, least of all one I'd been looking forward to for so long.

Say What Again
least of all one I'd been looking forward to for so long.

Arguably that's what did it.

Anticipation, excitement, walking past umpteen boozers to find one that didn't have it's door closed, getting in and waiting 5 deep at the bar to get a double round, taking the pints outside to soak up the buzz - the definite buzz, into the ground and sensing the atmosphere build.

This could be ******* magic.

C'mon Hearts. Keep it tight and keep the crowd going.

Bang.

Bang.

Bang.

:(

Others obviously take it better than me. The tie's over, the wind is well and truly oot the sails, be as well leaving and getting back to the other end of town (for me) to sink a few.

I don't see what me staying for 90 would have achieved - bar missing another 2 opposition goals (which I saw in the pub). Certainly not to merit the old faithfull 'You're not welcome back'. :facepalm:

I arrived just when they opened the gates and stayed half an hour after the game so that makes me THE biggest fan here.

I have to say when the second goal went in i did have a slight inkling towards going but i stayed and suffered. I don't get this whole Spurs love-in.... they are a mid to top half Premiership team and no more. Sure, they have some good players and the pace of them was an education to say the least but they're not Barcelona or Man Utd. They probably looked like world beaters because of the disgraceful fitness levels of our team, they were run ragged! But this..."it was Spurs" nonsense, christ, gie's a break!

On a positive note, maybe now Vlad has to realise that big and i mean big money has to be spent on the team, if not he should do his utmost to GTF outa there.

I didn't applaud any of their subs/goals or anything about their players, they are/were the opposition and while i can watch them and admire their pace/skill etc they were not wearing a Hearts top, therefore they don't get my applause, their fans must've thought we were some sort of nutters and lets be honest here... had we beaten them tonight do you think they would've applauded our players and goals etc? Absolutely not!

I have to say when the second goal went in i did have a slight inkling towards going but i stayed and suffered. I don't get this whole Spurs love-in.... they are a mid to top half Premiership team and no more. Sure, they have some good players and the pace of them was an education to say the least but they're not Barcelona or Man Utd. They probably looked like world beaters because of the disgraceful fitness levels of our team, they were run ragged! But this..."it was Spurs" nonsense, christ, gie's a break!

On a positive note, maybe now Vlad has to realise that big and i mean big money has to be spent on the team, if not he should do his utmost to GTF outa there.

I didn't applaud any of their subs/goals or anything about their players, they are/were the opposition and while i can watch them and admire their pace/skill etc they were not wearing a Hearts top, therefore they don't get my applause, their fans must've thought we were some sort of nutters and lets be honest here... had we beaten them tonight do you think they would've applauded our players and goals etc? Absolutely not!

It wasn't intended to make spurs this colossal entity. They are a much bigger and better team than anything in the SPL. Are they Barca or United no. But they are light years ahead of the SPL.

For the record they got 0 support or backing from me either. I got behind my team.

It wasn't intended to make spurs this colossal entity. They are a much bigger and better team than anything in the SPL. Are they Barca or United no. But they are light years ahead of the SPL.

For the record they got 0 support or backing from me either. I got behind my team.

Wasn't a specific dig at you mattyw_1874, more a general observation of what's been posted on kick-back since this draw was made. Been tearing my hair out with all the "exitement" of playing fekin Spurs. When i heard who we'd been drawn with my heart sank. Not because we were drawn with Spurs as such, more that i was desperate to hopefully go on a run in Europe for the first time in years. Spurs in the group stages.... aye, bring it on. We'd already have qualified so the Spurs result wouldn't matter a jot and the money would've been coming in, you could lose this one and try to pick up points elsewhere, a qualifier and you're on a hiding to nothing. The point is... we're out, all that hard work qualifying last season has once again meant very little so pardon me anyone for not being in the least bit excited about playing them, never was.

Wasn't a specific dig at you mattyw_1874, more a general observation of what's been posted on kick-back since this draw was made. Been tearing my hair out with all the "exitement" of playing fekin Spurs. When i heard who we'd been drawn with my heart sank. Not because we were drawn with Spurs as such, more that i was desperate to hopefully go on a run in Europe for the first time in years. Spurs in the group stages.... aye, bring it on. We'd already have qualified so the Spurs result wouldn't matter a jot and the money would've been coming in, you could lose this one and try to pick up points elsewhere, a qualifier and you're on a hiding to nothing. The point is... we're out, all that hard work qualifying last season has once again meant very little so pardon me anyone for not being in the least bit excited about playing them, never was.

Tbh. Going down that route it all spills down to the SFA. Gretna, Ross County and Queen of the south have all represented Scotland in the Europa league since 2006. We wonder why our co-efficient is terrible.

Take into that a couple of embarrassments from the Old Firm. Hibs in Europe (lol) and Dundee United against that Polish mob.

As a nation our clubs under achieve in Europe and it cost us big time tonight. (Every team we had the chance of getting in this round would have beat us)

Leave when you want...hey it's upto each individual....but leave off the abuse.... 1 of my company was the 1st to get up after the 2nd goal and got heckled... they were going to the loo....I personally have only left a game early once (at east end park.... wiining but was freezing)...

Main thing I saw was a big, impressive team (albeit a non-impressive keeper).... would love to see th Old Firm try to compete week in with.

As I was walking down the steps at half-time a couple of guys shouted abuse at me, I said I was going for a pie at which one of them replied

"Well take yer feckin pie wi ye!"

:huh:

brellier-for-france

I abused the so called Hearts fans that were leaving down the stairs from the Wheatfield stand at half time, no shame in admitting that.

Not welcome as far as I'm concerned, we don't need fans like that, there were plenty other Hearts fans dying for a ticket tonight.

What we do need though is more 'Hearts Fans' that applaud opposition players. The guy was disgusted by the performance and wanted to leave early, i don't blame him.

Gregory House M.D.

Section G booed them out. We're ?ber-fans though :verysmug:

southside1874

Some folk should stop being sooooo in love with themselves and think everyone else should be just like them. Some folk lead rather busy lives and if they want to leave a game at half time or at anytime then that is up to them. Everyone goes to a game to take from it different things. We are not all the same, it is not a prison sentence when you go in at the start of the game. There is no thread moaning about people staying to the end when the team are playing rubbish.

Its just an observation but I think its very bigotted to think everyone should do and act as I do. So if folk want to leave whenever they want then that is entirely up to them. I don't agree with fans heckling our own players but they folk pay their monies and have their own reasons for doing it.

I was pretty shocked to see folk leaving after the third goal but then that is up to them :unsure:

Gregory House M.D.

Some folk should stop being sooooo in love with themselves and think everyone else should be just like them. Some folk lead rather busy lives and if they want to leave a game at half time or at anytime then that is up to them. Everyone goes to a game to take from it different things. We are not all the same, it is not a prison sentence when you go in at the start of the game. There is no thread moaning about people staying to the end when the team are playing rubbish.

Its just an observation but I think its very bigotted to think everyone should do and act as I do. So if folk want to leave whenever they want then that is entirely up to them. I don't agree with fans heckling our own players but they folk pay their monies and have their own reasons for doing it.

I was pretty shocked to see folk leaving after the third goal but then that is up to them :unsure:

Bollocks, had Hearts scored, the "rather busy lives" would have suddenly became less busy. No excuses, they're utter welts.

somakeanoise

I don't understand you're not true fan if you left early. If i didn't give a **** i would have stayed. Game was over in 12 minutes. I felt sorry for our players who worked their socks off but simply couldn't get near far better players and it hurt to watch. If i didn't care i could have stayed and marveled and would have had spurs been playing anyone other than hearts. Not saying i was right but i certainly don't feel inferior to anyone who stayed until the final whistle.

southside1874

Bollocks, had Hearts scored, the "rather busy lives" would have suddenly became less busy. No excuses, they're utter welts.

Thats my point mate. If someone decides that they would rather be doing something else than watching their team get a going over then that is up to them. I don't expect you to have an open mind so I'm not really sure why I'm bothering replying.:thumbsup:

I left 15 minutes before the end because I needed to be somewhere else.........

Guildford_Jambo

this

The Treasurer

I've not read through this whole thread (I stopped as soon as I saw GJ slavering his usual pish)

However think about this point

A lot of those that left early were ST holders many of whom go to away games as well.

A lot of those that stayed to the bitter end haven't been to a Hearts game in years and won't be seen again until we get to a cup final or have another big euro night.

Which ones do you think the club would rather have ?

Archived