How you getting to london

mattyw_1874

williamgerrard

Right cheap way to get to london book up on megabus from glasgow due to edinburgh been fully booked thurs 25 aug dep 04.15 glasglow arr 14.00 london victoria ?8 Return journey thurs 25 aug depart 23.45 london victoria - glasgow arr fri 07.30 ?15 and ifyou dont wanna hang about in glasgow tolong on the way down book the last citylink bus from edinburgh to glasgow 23.59 arrive in glasgow 01.20

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ribery's Face

easy jet wednesday night flight into gatwick 30.99 not sure if any seats left on it though.

None left. Booking train and hotel tomorrow, ?118 for return and 2 nights! good enough for me, although i am about 20miles from the ground but hey !

stirlingshirejambo

Sure man, I'll let you know as soon as we do.

I still carry the scars of the Real Maroon transit van trip to Peterborough. Bogs are an absolute must.

If you are coming back straight after the game and have any seats spare I would be interested if you have any spare.Would like 4 or 5 if it's a big bus!!!!! and you need help filling it

scottish_chicP

I believe I'm going on a coach. Nay, a 'bus of desire' apparently... :biggrin:

I can't lie, the idea of spending that many hours on a bus freaks me out a little bit but I'm assured the entertainment value will more than compensate for the comfort levels lost by not travelling by train or plane.

Either way, I'm stupidly excited. I'm actually having to remind myself to talk about something/anything else every once in a while so as not to completely bore my non-Jambo mates. Thing is, I can't really think of anything else to talk about....help....

Aaw me too redm the thought of being on a bus for that long is rather scary but I imagine we will all be buzzing for the game and the banter will make it worth it :)

Hearty Harry

Managed to get 1st class train both ways for nowt! 6.55am train on Thursday morning from waverley then staying at travelodge on kings cross road

Grand total of ?75 for the 3 of us! RESULT!!

Maroon & White

Train doon on the morning of the game and then train back the following day..

Can't blinking wait!

Ribery's Face

Managed to get 1st class train both ways for nowt! 6.55am train on Thursday morning from waverley then staying at travelodge on kings cross road

how'd u gt it fr nout? u work there? i intreged :ninja: :ninja:

Maroon & White

Hertz hire car ?88 for 3 days.

Hertz car for Hertz fans. :whistling:

Is it Maroon though..? :whistling:

7.00 AM flight from Glasgow to Luton on Thursday morning,back Friday 14.55...?111

Staying in 4* hotel in Bloomsbury Central London ?55

Is it Maroon though..? :whistling:

If they give me a green one, I'll be asking for a change. I'd rather drive the car from Dumb & Dumber.

7am from Glasgow to Luton, return Friday 21.40pm, Easyjet ?98.00

Staying in Royal Scot Kings Cross ?76.00 for 2 of us

I was in Holiday Inn express London City, seemed a bit far after all the trouble just me and my nephew so Changed to Royal Scot Kings cross..

Edinburgh - Gatwick 7.25 Thursday Morning.

Gatwick - Edinburgh 7.35 Friday Morning..

davemclaren

The fact that ther still seem to be cheapish flights suggests to me there aren't as many going as people suspect. :whistling:

None left. Booking train and hotel tomorrow, ?118 for return and 2 nights! good enough for me, although i am about 20miles from the ground but hey !

theres still some of those easy jet flights left mate. 9.15 edinburgh to gatwick 30.99.

Dean Winchester

The fact that ther still seem to be cheapish flights suggests to me there aren't as many going as people suspect. :whistling:

Good.

Hopefully I can get a ticket then :lol:

Going down wednesday afternoon to standstead and back on 4:50pm on friday, 2 nights in the royal scots travel lodge

I was down in london today for work and went through tottenham hale.... looks like its got a lively nightlife :whistling:

Hearty Harry

how'd u gt it fr nout? u work there? i intreged :ninja: :ninja:

Brother in laws mate works there so going to game when on holiday and he also gets 2 comps :-)

One of my mates works with East Coast and he has done the same, free 1st class travel :verymad: but good on him, can't go now having to sell my batch of return tickets, hopefully someone will snap them up.

Glasgow Hearts Proposed Arrangements:

Bus will leave at midnight and arrive in London for breakfast time. Supporters will then have a full day in London to see the sights /get drunk before the game.

Bus will leave after the game and stop for a pint before returning to Scotland overnight.

The total cost is a very reasonable ?60 per head (concession fare for Under 16s), although there might be a rebate of ?10 if we attract sufficient numbers.

Please contact Ian Russell ASAP if you wish to reserve one of the remaining seats. tel 07754 754250

10:20 Edinburgh to Heathrow on Thursday morning.

Coming back, 06:45 Heathrow to Edinburgh on Friday morning.

Staying at the Heathrow Holiday Inn which is right next to the Airport :)

?140 a head for flights and hotel. Now just relying on getting a ticket for the game!

10:20 Edinburgh to Heathrow on Thursday morning.

Coming back, 06:45 Heathrow to Edinburgh on Friday morning.

Staying at the Heathrow Holiday Inn which is right next to the Airport :)

?140 a head for flights and hotel. Now just relying on getting a ticket for the game!

By the time you get back from the game there's not alot of point in sleeping before you have to get up again no?

By the time you get back from the game there's not alot of point in sleeping before you have to get up again no?

Probably not but a few hours is better than nout!

Plus it was cheaper to do it this way than fly home on Friday night, and we didn't want to fly to Gatwick as it is quite far South of the M25.

6.55 train from Waverley on the Thursday morning and the sleeper train back up at 11.35 after the game. Off the train at the back of 9 to stumble into work. That should be fun.

chester copperpot

Just booked the Megabus from the weej. Anyone on either of these legs of my journey, as travelling down myself.

Outbound - Wednesday 2300 - 0715 London Victoria Coach Station.

Return - Friday 1700 - 0225 Glasgow Buchanan Street.

10:31 from East Midlands Parkway into St Pancreas for 12:10. Beer football beer. 23:35 back to the east mids for 01:30

Trains ?25 return. Good option for anyone if flights to London are thin on the ground. East mids parkway is only a couple of miles from east mids airport. A few quid in a taxi me thinks.

Archived