How you getting to london

mattyw_1874

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
North Berwick Jambo

Seat on the bus booked, cheers bro! :thumbsup:

Mega bus booked 16 quid! leaves 5am Thursday back Edinburgh 8am Friday....here's to a messy day in London!

Jambof3tornado

Flights for me and son courtesy of babertonjambo,using up his airmiles for us worthy charity cases! 3 of us in a family room at waterloo travel lodge!

Ah cannae ******* wait and don't care what the score is!

?40 a seat? what the hell are you driving? a hummer?

you clearly have not been for petrol recently. my car (saab) costs ?97 to fill in diesel and does about 450 miles until empty. you do the maths. also take into account the wear and tear on the guys car i think ?40 is a steal

Well it looks like i'll be running a 17 seat minibus at ?60 per head. leave wed night back home friday morning. loads of banter on the way! :woot:

dalkeithjambo

Think i may take motor as well, could be seats available.

This depends on ticket situation for white hart lane.

If I can get a shift swapped I'll be flying down on the Thursday morning and back up on Friday afternoon.

Well it looks like i'll be running a 17 seat minibus at ?60 per head. leave wed night back home friday morning. loads of banter on the way! :woot:

How early friday morning....?

Think i may take motor as well, could be seats available.

This depends on ticket situation for white hart lane.

I reccomend you drive throughout the night on the return journey to drop me in glasgow at 5AM. :-)

dalkeithjambo

I reccomend you drive throughout the night on the return journey to drop me in glasgow at 5AM. :-)

Haha, as soon as i find out if i have enough loyalty points and can get ticket i will let you know.

Haha, as soon as i find out if i have enough loyalty points and can get ticket i will let you know.

Ok man, Ive got 77, No idea if that will be enough, but by car is the only way im going to make the game and get back in time for my bus at 7am in glasgow to liverpool for the festival "creamfields"!

Dean Winchester

Ok man, Ive got 77, No idea if that will be enough, but by car is the only way im going to make the game and get back in time for my bus at 7am in glasgow to liverpool for the festival "creamfields"!

Wait... So you want to go all the way to London... then drive all the way back up to Glasgow... To go all the way back down to Liverpool? :lol:

Wait... So you want to go all the way to London... then drive all the way back up to Glasgow... To go all the way back down to Liverpool? :lol:

Ive paid ?56 for a bus already haha from glasgow to liverpool. If i sold it, it would scupper me getting home after the festival. :-/

dalkeithjambo

I may have enough? 139 points.

Scott_HMFC1874

Bus and hotel booked. Ticket or no ticket (one of those west coast part timers) i'll be in London!!

:yas:

Ricknauskis

Why did you not do superbreaks hotel and rail combined? Any train going out on the Wednesday and any train coming back on the Friday plus hotel was ?118 all in :thumbsup:

Cheers for the tip mate, just booked for 5 people on superbreaks for 2 nights including rail travel staying at Holiday Inn Kingscross inc breakfast for ? 755.00 ( ?151.00 each )

Well chuffed :woot:

Nucky Thompson

Cheers for the tip mate, just booked for 5 people on superbreaks for 2 nights including rail travel staying at Holiday Inn Kingscross inc breakfast for ? 755.00 ( ?151.00 each )

Well chuffed :woot:

Good mate :thumbsup: I was thinking about paying a wee bit more for a better hotel but we're next to a tube station so it's handy enough. Can't complain at ?118

Just booked 2 BA flights for me and the boy leaving Edinburgh on Thu am and returning from Gatwick on Fri night.

All through Airmiles at 750 miles each.

Bargain!

Me too, I new those airmiles would come in handy one day. :thumbsup:

Dagger Is Back

Me too, I new those airmiles would come in handy one day. :thumbsup:

Aye good old Tescos I say! Might well have taken an age but who cares now. Just need the match tickets now.

portobellojambo1

Thanks.

Anyone have any idea of how many tickets we'll get for the game?

I believe the allocation we get is 2,900, and these will be sold strictly based on Loyalty points accumulated, because demand is going to outstrip the number of tickets available it would appear (hopefully those that have booked everything have made sure they have enough loyalty points, mine appears to be about 190, but I still think HMFC have got about 25 to add to that, for ST this year, Rangers game etc).

davemclaren

I believe the allocation we get is 2,900, and these will be sold strictly based on Loyalty points accumulated, because demand is going to outstrip the number of tickets available it would appear (hopefully those that have booked everything have made sure they have enough loyalty points, mine appears to be about 190, but I still think HMFC have got about 25 to add to that, for ST this year, Rangers game etc).

I doubt spurs will sell out their end so I can't see tickets being a problem.

portobellojambo1

I doubt spurs will sell out their end so I can't see tickets being a problem.

No idea how many ST holders they have dave, but from having a look at one of their forums this game appears to be included in their ST package, which might encourage them to turn out.

Also the 2,900 is the number they allocate for EPL matches, don't know if they have to give visiting clubs a higher allocation for cup ties, of any sort.

davemclaren

No idea how many ST holders they have dave, but from having a look at one of their forums this game appears to be included in their ST package, which might encourage them to turn out.

Also the 2,900 is the number they allocate for EPL matches, don't know if they have to give visiting clubs a higher allocation for cup ties, of any sort.

No idea either tbh. Surprised it's on their season ticket.

portobellojambo1

No idea either tbh. Surprised it's on their season ticket.

Did we not used to get cup ties on our ST's as well, I'm talking about a few years back now mind you. I'm reasonably sure there was a time when you bought your ST and that got you into Tynecastle for everything near enough, league games, cup ties and reserve fixtures if you wanted to go along.

davemclaren

Did we not used to get cup ties on our ST's as well, I'm talking about a few years back now mind you. I'm reasonably sure there was a time when you bought your ST and that got you into Tynecastle for everything near enough, league games, cup ties and reserve fixtures if you wanted to go along.

Not for about 10 years or so.

portobellojambo1

Not for about 10 years or so.

Well, I did say it was a while back :teehee:

cumbernauldjambo83

Hey folks, new to the board!

I can't start a thread of course, so just to see if any fellow Weegie jambos are heading down to the big smoke, please PM me, or if anyone has info of the West of Scotland Supporters bus??

Cheers guys!

just booked up for 2 nights thurs - sat through superbreak.com. edin to kings cross on train leavin early thurs morning . gets you in kings cross at lunchtime. plus 2 nights in travel lodge in covent garden.

based on 2 sharing, its 230 quid all in. train back on sat morning. i thought this was dirt cheap, so thought i'd let you all know.

site is called superbreak.com ..

3 of us booked up, 1730 train on Wednesday 2 nights in the kings cross travel lodge and train back up

Friday for ?140 each, cant wait.

:yas: :yas:

Both flights into/from Gatwick mate. Similar time leaving Edinburgh though.

Im on the same flights as you then.. :thumbsup:

Feck I never thought of that.. All booked as well...

Dagger Is Back

Feck I never thought of that.. All booked as well...

Likewise gulp!

Just thought it would be ST's as a ballot first for some daft reason. Oh well just have to wait and see what happens. Might end up on a day trip to London and sitting in some boozer.

If you're needing a drinking buddy... :rolleyes:

I'm going down on the train on Thurs lunchtime so pray there's no delays and speak to me if you see me - i'm on my tod!!

Meeting people down there though.

JamboRossi79

Flying down Thursday morning to Gatwick then back on Saturday night, hoping to catch the Chelsea game on Sat if possible.thumbsup.gif

Got a call from Tammy Cook to say they have dropped cost to ?112 as they have taken a group booking and need to fill there rooms.

Megabus.

Hopefully there'll be loads of supporters buses making their way down the road as well.

Just booked the Megabus for five of us at ?16 each! That's return, not each way, can't believe the cheapness!

(Takes ten hours right enough but I can live with that.)

This.

What time of bus are you guys getting? We're on the overnight one on Wednesday, then back at 3 on Friday.

Hotel booked for ?25 a pop :thumbsup:

0630 EDI to Stansted Thur.Sleazy Jet ...Fri 1200 ish back. ?89 rtn. Just away to book digs down Liverpool St....C,mon Hearts!!!!

Likewise gulp!

Just thought it would be ST's as a ballot first for some daft reason. Oh well just have to wait and see what happens. Might end up on a day trip to London and sitting in some boozer.

If you're needing a drinking buddy... :rolleyes:

Im taking my nephew......He hasnt a season ticket this season. Feel like being sick. Wish I had a dog to kick..

Archived