How you getting to london

mattyw_1874

I seriously doubt this will come down to season tickets.

More likely it'll be loyalty points.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Arthur Morgan

I want to go and was willing to go but the person I was supposed to be going with doesn't fancy the 9 hour journey on the mega bus FFS! :seething:

I have a lot of loyalty points too :(

This.

What time of bus are you guys getting? We're on the overnight one on Wednesday, then back at 3 on Friday.

Hotel booked for ?25 a pop :thumbsup:

On the early one on Wednesday, 0535 I think, so that we can catch a bit of the atmosphere on Wednesday night. Back home on the 0900 on Saturday morning.

Gonna make a wee holiday of it!

Dagger Is Back

Im taking my nephew......He hasnt a season ticket this season. Feel like being sick. Wish I had a dog to kick..

Aww shit.I'mtaking my 12YO son and he has a ST but we don't have many loyalty points as we don't go away. Here's hoping we get a big allocation!

I want to go and was willing to go but the person I was supposed to be going with doesn't fancy the 9 hour journey on the mega bus FFS! :seething:

Tell him/her to GTFO and get yourself booked up.

This'll be my first Euro trip where I'm not going alone! Did Bordeaux, Feyenoord, Basel and Zagreb by myself, but there's hundreds of other Hearts fans there so you're not alone really!

Aww shit.I'mtaking my 12YO son and he has a ST but we don't have many loyalty points as we don't go away. Here's hoping we get a big allocation!

Spurs fans on that forum reckon it'll be around 5,000ish.

yvonnejambo

Still go plenty others on their own (me too this time but will meet folks down there i know hopefully!) and it aint bad

Flying to City on thursday morning. Don't know where I'm staying or when I'm coming home but will sort that next week.

Flying to City on thursday morning. Don't know where I'm staying or when I'm coming home but will sort that next week.

Travelodge Liverpool St got a few rooms at 78 notes.

south morocco

not a bad price ,are you stayin there?

Dagger Is Back

Spurs fans on that forum reckon it'll be around 5,000ish.

Cheers mate. Think I'd feel a lot more relaxed if that was confirmed. I'm not going to tell the wee fella about any of this until those tickets have been confirmed.

Game only for me.

05.30 train to London,

Work,

Game,

Sleeper at midnight, and back at Edinburgh office on Friday.

Knowing my luck, i'll miss out on another massive Hearts celebration! :thumbsup:

Pete Seeger

Just booked up on the train. 8:30 out of waverly arrives at roughly 12:30. Then back on the Friday at 2:00. 114 pound for the train. No idea about accommodation.

We are on the 10:30 train on Wednesday from Edinburgh down there. Staying at a Travelodge at Kings Cross.

Proper excited. thumbsup.gif

We are on the 10:30 train on Wednesday from Edinburgh down there. Staying at a Travelodge at Kings Cross.

Proper excited. thumbsup.gif

That Travelodge should be jumping with Jambos.

We're on the 07.30 from Waverley arriving 11.55 Kings Cross. Staying in the European Hotel (I figured it was on omen) on Argyle Square (wee Scottish link being another omen!?). Nothing special but clean, decent reviews, full brekkie included and 2 mins from station and 5 from the Vic underground. Back 26th at 18.30 arriving in Waverley at 23.00 ?354 for 5 of us all in. Happy with that :-)

If I don't get a ticket then I don't get a ticket. We're all ST holders and all have decent loyalty points. Best case we're there and it's happy days. Worse case we're watching it in some pub and have had a nice wee jolly to London Town.

That Travelodge should be jumping with Jambos.

So I see, Sked dude. Cannot wait. These next few weeks are gonna drag like hell.

Cheers Macca. Prob going to 'work' from my company's London office on Friday so will prob book into the one at Covent Garden.

Train: Bath Spa to Paddington. Then tube to St Pancreas change for tube to 7 sisters and I'm there :thumbsup:

Unless any Jambos going from Bristol/Wiltshire who could pick me up I can get to Temple Meads to meet or Chippenham train station - of course I will chip in for petrol ;)

Pm me if possible

Arthur Morgan

Tell him/her to GTFO and get yourself booked up.

This'll be my first Euro trip where I'm not going alone! Did Bordeaux, Feyenoord, Basel and Zagreb by myself, but there's hundreds of other Hearts fans there so you're not alone really!

Still go plenty others on their own (me too this time but will meet folks down there i know hopefully!) and it aint bad

It's all good now :thumbsup:

We reached a compromise to go on the train instead, albeit for a dearer price

Train from Waverley to Kings Cross, booked in for two nights at Royal Scot just round the corner at ?38 a night.

Can't wait.

I believe I'm going on a coach. Nay, a 'bus of desire' apparently... :biggrin:

I can't lie, the idea of spending that many hours on a bus freaks me out a little bit but I'm assured the entertainment value will more than compensate for the comfort levels lost by not travelling by train or plane.

Either way, I'm stupidly excited. I'm actually having to remind myself to talk about something/anything else every once in a while so as not to completely bore my non-Jambo mates. Thing is, I can't really think of anything else to talk about....help....

Megabus down on match day Megabus back up couple of hours after the game! Hope the bus in rammed with Hearts fans and a few songs on the go!

Ribery's Face

cycling.....thats what you call a cheap and healthy option lol im setting off next tuesday.

not actually. only joking

Ribery's Face

Train from Waverley to Kings Cross, booked in for two nights at Royal Scot just round the corner at ?38 a night.

Can't wait.

how much all in for just yourself?

south morocco

8 30 waverley- kings x 12 55 then l'pool st travelodge for one night followed by kings x 1400 ed waverley 1822 friday evening marvellous stuff

Megabus down on match day Megabus back up couple of hours after the game! Hope the bus in rammed with Hearts fans and a few songs on the go!

That's the same as me and one other mate !

gerryjambo41

Hey folks, new to the board!

I can't start a thread of course, so just to see if any fellow Weegie jambos are heading down to the big smoke, please PM me, or if anyone has info of the West of Scotland Supporters bus??

Cheers guys!

Possible Glasgow Hearts bus going down , should know more after tomorrow's game

Continental to Heathrow...but holding off pulling the trigger as I'm a bit concerned about actually getting a match ticket.

Flying down wednesday night, staying in the travel lodge

gives us all day thrusday to get bevvied, staying in the travel lodge again

all day friday to do our own thing and get the 11pm bus back to edinburgh

flying down and 2 full days in london only 120 quid!

Ribery's Face

Flying down wednesday night, staying in the travel lodge

gives us all day thrusday to get bevvied, staying in the travel lodge again

all day friday to do our own thing and get the 11pm bus back to edinburgh

flying down and 2 full days in london only 120 quid!

Who did you book the flight and hotel with mate?

chester copperpot

Hoping to confirm a bus provider soon....

Let me know of any seats if spare mate?

Covering a few bases at the moment.

Morgaro Gomis

Train down at 7am thursday morning, then sleeping in a travel lodge, not sure which. Well that's what my dad is doing.. I've not managed to get time off work since I work in a pub and the fringe is on - means "no holidays in August" bah.

EDIT: Not managed to get time off work, yet. Is what I mean to say!

:sweat::sweat::sweat: my work has denied my annual leave request cant go to Tynecastle or WHL (I could chance it but knowing my luck the away tie will go into extra time and I will be stranded in London) My work is 'orrible.

I tried bribery and didn't work so I blackmailed them and was threatened with disciplinary action :sweat:

4_1_111.gif

I'm assuming (and fervently hoping) 'pleasantly fragrant and uberhygienic toilet facilities' is right up there at the top of your coach selection criteria....? :)

Sure man, I'll let you know as soon as we do.

I still carry the scars of the Real Maroon transit van trip to Peterborough. Bogs are an absolute must.

Oh no. You misunderstand. I won't be using them, I just want to ensure that whatever bog is there is reasonably clean and non-smelly. Nothing ruins a journey like a stinky loo.

Shall bring Magic Trees and dettol just in case. thumbsup.gif

Ribery's Face

Could you also let me know of there are 2 spaces, also where does the bus leave from?

Flying down on thursday early morning to Heathrow and return late friday nigth from gatwick to Edinburgh. Staying the night at Royal Scots Travel lodge and including heathrow and gatwick express it came in at ?137 per person.

Now just to get a ticket for the game but we should be fine as over 100 loyalty points each.

Ribery's Face

Flying down on thursday early morning to Heathrow and return late friday nigth from gatwick to Edinburgh. Staying the night at Royal Scots Travel lodge and including heathrow and gatwick express it came in at ?137 per person.

Now just to get a ticket for the game but we should be fine as over 100 loyalty points each.

who did you book with?

williamgerrard

23.50 a return from glasgow. By megabus bus leaves glasgow at 04.15 thurs am and arrives in london at 2pm and bus leaves london at 11.45pm and arrives bk in glasgow at 07.30 fri there's plenty of tickets if intrested check megabus .com

who did you book with?

Flights with British Airways and used some club card points and hotel booked direct with the Travelodge

Flights with British Airways and used some club card points and hotel booked direct with the Travelodge

Surprised at that because before I learned my fate it looked as if all travelodges and premier inns were booked up. Well done and enjoy the game :thumbsup:

Who did you book the flight and hotel with mate?

easy jet wednesday night flight into gatwick 30.99 not sure if any seats left on it though.

Archived