Naive and Blindly Loyal

Shifty Shifterson

Shifty Shifterson

Never thought I would actually post much on this site if anything at all, however the naivety and blind loyalty displayed by some who have commented on the events of the past day is quite incredible.

Even after all that has happened since the current owner took over at Tynecastle, and there has been much that has been so incredibly damaging and held the club back from realising the very real potential that existed when Romanov took over, it is quite amazing to see at first hand how deluded some continue to be. There are some who are clearly badge wearing and fully paid up members of the Romanov party and swallow every line put out by the current board. It is true that we are all entitled to our own opinion, that is what makes us different after all. Without going over the ins and outs of Romanovs ownership of the club as I'm sure they will have been debated many times over, there can be no doubt that the club has not made the progression it could have nor met the expectations many had when he bought the club and the main reason for this is the man himself.

The club missed a real opportunity to genuinely challenge Rangers and Celtic over the long term from the moment Burley, Anderton et al were removed and that very early promise, real potential and impetus was lost and will not be there again under Romanov. The old line about winning the Scottish Cup that year actually makes more comment on what could have been rather than it being some source of justification for the questionable business practices and values the club seems to operate under. For me, the club will never achieve more than this under Romanov and I sure he is well aware of this. The idea that was being put forward by many yesterday that the latest changes were ambitious and will move Hearts foward in some way and that it is still Romanonvs intention to be credible challengers season in season out is just naive in the extreme.

How far has the club progressed since Romanov took over despite the vast amount of money the club appears to have spent during that time? Not all that far it could be argued if at all and some still believe he is the messiah? What's'changed since Romanov moved into Tynecastle? Not much it could be argued again. The club still has a significant level of debt despite some major income generated by transfer fees received over the last 2/3 years, is still playing in the same stadium and facing the very real prospect of having to move away from its home, has achieved no more than say the previous board in terms of success on the park, and no I'm not a Robinson/Deans man, and has little chance of changing the duopoly that is Scottish football.

If any manager Romanov employed performed like he has, they wouldn't last a week. And no I'm not a Hibs fan, nutter, arse etc as you seem to be if not following the party line. There are also some out there who should have a word with themselves the way they quickly rounded on Jeffries just to support Romanov yesterday. As the title says, if you believe that stats like 1 in 14 wins, and the amount of times this was trotted out yesterday was quite remarkable, was the only reason Jeffries was sacked then that's intended for you. At least Jeffries had the decency and dignity to refuse the "directors" offer and see it for what is was.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you are defending Jefferies then fair play, but please get his name right. You got it wrong every time and it does not help your argument.

Dr. Bapswent

I for one am glad you have chosen to use the Verdana font, otherwise I wouldn't have taken that post seriously.

Chad Sexington

Must have taken you ages to type that.

I got bored after one paragraph and stopped reading.

Sorry. :(

Sorry for not reading your OP (actually I'm not) but you're sub-heading describes most of our support.

The fact is apart from the purple patch the football we had played has been mind numbingly predictable and boring.

Trying to play C Elliot as a target man... :rofl:

I thought that would have opened some people eyes, but it didn't. :blink:

kingantti1874

Look, we all know Romanov can be a knob but the facts ate simple - for all the bullshit in the press we have performed above average in comparison to out history for the duration o his tenure, we have owned hibs over that period... For all his faults we have certainly not moved backwards over that period - yes 05-06 was a missed opportunity, an opportunity we'd never have had if it wasn't for Romanov - I'm thankful that I got to watch such a fantastic side even if it was all too short... Most people know Romanov have his faults - but the deluded ones are those who can't see the big picture - the good things which have happened over the past 6 years and believe all the negative bullshit fed to them via the redtops...

NewYorkJambo

Shifty - agree entirely with your post.

And the seven responses immediately after it sum up everything that is wrong with Kickback. Too many kids who post sarcastic comments or call you names as they aren't capable of backing up their view with reasoned, well thought out points.

There seems to be two sets of opinions on this issue.

Kickback = near unanimous support of Romanov

Real world = I haven't spoken to a single fan who supports Romanov

Stupid Sexy Flanders

If any other other club in the world had replaced their manager after a run of results like ours, no-one would've batted an eyelid. But because it's Hearts, and because it's Vlad, everyone seems desperate for there to be some sinister, scandalous, hidden reason.

It's extremely tedious.

Never thought I would actually post much on this site if anything at all, however the naivety and blind loyalty displayed by some who have commented on the events of the past day is quite incredible.

Even after all that has happened since the current owner took over at Tynecastle, and there has been much that has been so incredibly damaging and held the club back from realising the very real potential that existed when Romanov took over, it is quite amazing to see at first hand how deluded some continue to be. There are some who are clearly badge wearing and fully paid up members of the Romanov party and swallow every line put out by the current board. It is true that we are all entitled to our own opinion, that is what makes us different after all. Without going over the ins and outs of Romanovs ownership of the club as I'm sure they will have been debated many times over, there can be no doubt that the club has not made the progression it could have nor met the expectations many had when he bought the club and the main reason for this is the man himself.

The club missed a real opportunity to genuinely challenge Rangers and Celtic over the long term from the moment Burley, Anderton et al were removed and that very early promise, real potential and impetus was lost and will not be there again under Romanov. The old line about winning the Scottish Cup that year actually makes more comment on what could have been rather than it being some source of justification for the questionable business practices and values the club seems to operate under. For me, the club will never achieve more than this under Romanov and I sure he is well aware of this. The idea that was being put forward by many yesterday that the latest changes were ambitious and will move Hearts foward in some way and that it is still Romanonvs intention to be credible challengers season in season out is just naive in the extreme.

How far has the club progressed since Romanov took over despite the vast amount of money the club appears to have spent during that time? Not all that far it could be argued if at all and some still believe he is the messiah? What's'changed since Romanov moved into Tynecastle? Not much it could be argued again. The club still has a significant level of debt despite some major income generated by transfer fees received over the last 2/3 years, is still playing in the same stadium and facing the very real prospect of having to move away from its home, has achieved no more than say the previous board in terms of success on the park, and no I'm not a Robinson/Deans man, and has little chance of changing the duopoly that is Scottish football.

If any manager Romanov employed performed like he has, they wouldn't last a week. And no I'm not a Hibs fan, nutter, arse etc as you seem to be if not following the party line. There are also some out there who should have a word with themselves the way they quickly rounded on Jeffries just to support Romanov yesterday. As the title says, if you believe that stats like 1 in 14 wins, and the amount of times this was trotted out yesterday was quite remarkable, was the only reason Jeffries was sacked then that's intended for you. At least Jeffries had the decency and dignity to refuse the "directors" offer and see it for what is was.

You'll get pelters on here for only posting once, but I agree with you 100%. I don't think this Forum at all typical of the general view of Hearts fans, althugh I couldn't prove that.

I am nearer 60 than 50, and most of my contemporaries - the guys who attended regularly through the really bad times- were already totally disillusioned with Romanov . Some like me will keep going to Tynie, but scores that I know of don't any more.

Don't really know what your point is.

We all know the stuff about what could have been in 05/06. It's been done to death on here.

I don't come across many posters on here who 'toe the party line' at all. Most have a mixture of fairly well balanced opinions about VR & the different decisions he has made.

For me, it's easy; we have an owner who is funding the club. I don't feel stuck with him. Some aspects of having a foreign owner are fine for me. Through it all, the truth remains - we don't have Edinburgh people with millions of pounds banging on the door to buy out VR at the moment. But one thing is sure. When we do, I'll still support the club loyally under the new management.

Like a marriage, you have to stick things out through the good times and the bad times.

Hearts is my colours. Nothing/nobody will ever change that.

If any other other club in the world had replaced their manager after a run of results like ours, no-one would've batted an eyelid. But because it's Hearts, and because it's Vlad, everyone seems desperate for there to be some sinister, scandalous, hidden reason.

It's extremely tedious.

Exactly.

quincy adams wagstaff

vlad wants what we want,success.he's put his dosh into the club and if he has to get rid of a few managers to get success so be it,i will shed no tears,ther is not a manager working in the spl today who wouldent leave their present club if a better offer came along,so lets forget all this sympathy for past managers,its the club thats the important thing.

Pete Seeger

I made it as far as the third line before debating with myself whether to set the noose up.

Look, we all know Romanov can be a knob but the facts ate simple - for all the bullshit in the press we have performed above average in comparison to out history for the duration o his tenure, we have owned hibs over that period... For all his faults we have certainly not moved backwards over that period - yes 05-06 was a missed opportunity, an opportunity we'd never have had if it wasn't for Romanov - I'm thankful that I got to watch such a fantastic side even if it was all too short... Most people know Romanov have his faults - but the deluded ones are those who can't see the big picture - the good things which have happened over the past 6 years and believe all the negative bullshit fed to them via the redtops...

Top post. The bit in bold especially. It's the majority of FB Hearts fans that don't see it this way. Coincidence? I think not.

If you are defending Jefferies then fair play, but please get his name right. You got it wrong every time and it does not help your argument.

He's right though,we are no further forward in footballing terms than when he arrived,our debt is bigger,we still have the same stadium that has not been developed in a way that our last incunbent did,he has done more damage to our reputation as a decent football club than all the rest put together,all in all apart from spelling Jim Jefferies wrong he's not far from the truth,but alas I doubt very much if some of you want the truth.

NewYorkJambo

You'll get pelters on here for only posting once, but I agree with you 100%. I don't think this Forum at all typical of the general view of Hearts fans, althugh I couldn't prove that.

I am nearer 60 than 50, and most of my contemporaries - the guys who attended regularly through the really bad times- were already totally disillusioned with Romanov . Some like me will keep going to Tynie, but scores that I know of don't any more.

Agree. I've spoken to six or seven friends and their fathers ranging from 28-60 years old and they are all very disillusioned and considering not renewing season tickets etc. They will, of course, be labelled as not real fans etc but at what stage do you just have to say that the way the club conducts itself is an embarassment?

Pete Seeger

Agree. I've spoken to six or seven friends and their fathers ranging from 28-60 years old and they are all very disillusioned and considering not renewing season tickets etc. They will, of course, be labelled as not real fans etc but at what stage do you just have to say that the way the club conducts itself is an embarassment?

I've heard the same garbage for the past 6 years. Our crowds are still pretty good.

Gigolo-Aunt

Have been in conference with several Hearts fans myself since the news broke yesterday. Not one of them is disillusioned. The most negative a comment was "the timing is poor". A couple are actually happy that it's happened.

Swings and roundabouts.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Can you tell me what's embarassing about replacing a manager after a prolonged run of poor results/performances, and what makes our situation different from the dozens of other clubs who'll do the same this season?

It's extremely tedious.

Blimey, what a terrible run it is you're referring to... a run of results comprising a draw at away at Ibrox, a draw away in Europe and a defeat at home DU?

Don't tell me people on here actually think the previous management team getting the boot is anything to do with results. Oh dear.

Chad Sexington

I've heard the same garbage for the past 6 years. Our crowds are still pretty good.

Yup.

If all these thousands of Vald GTF!!1! stay-aways were really staying away we would be playing to crowds of about 1500 every week.

Strangely enough, we're not. :smuggy:

Boab Mugabe

Posters raging over the lack of rage.

Didn't you get your fill of summer seethe over the Craig Thomson thing?

It's extremely tedious.

You forgot to add "and because the manager is a Hearts legend".

Maybe, just maybe, JJ had reached his shelf life. But still, the timing could have been handled better.

NewYorkJambo

That's the problem - so have I. It's hard to give up on something that is a big part of your life. But people are and will.

For the amount of money Vlad has spent, and the levels the debt have increased to we have achieved NOTHING that merits increasing the debt that much. A Scottish Cup win against Gretna and a failed Champions League qualifying campaign? Is that worth increasing the debt from about 24 million to the high 30's?

When Romanov eventually gets bored and leaves, pinning the blame on "the mafia" we are going bust and there will be nobody with the money to save us

He's right though,we are no further forward in footballing terms than when he arrived,our debt is bigger,we still have the same stadium that has not been developed in a way that our last incunbent did,he has done more damage to our reputation as a decent football club than all the rest put together,all in all apart from spelling Jim Jefferies wrong he's not far from the truth,but alas I doubt very much if some of you want the truth.

If we are no further forward despite the bigger budget then perhaps he is right.

With regards to the stadium the previous incbwnt done wry little. One stand was built. The other, plans were in place previously and the only one completed from start to finish was partially financed by fans.

I am not saying the decision to sack JJ was correct, but had it been anyone else, I doubt he would have posted as I think he is the naive and blindly loyal one, just to a different person.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Blimey, what a terrible run it is you're referring to... a run of results comprising a draw at away at Ibrox, a draw away in Europe and a defeat at home DU?

The run of results that's seen us win one game in the last 14.

NewYorkJambo

Can you tell me what's embarassing about replacing a manager after a prolonged run of poor results/performances, and what makes our situation different from the dozens of other clubs who'll do the same this season?

Clearly I was talking about the way the club has conducted itself in general since Vlad has taken over. But you knew that, you just chose to ignore it.

Maybe it's just me though (awaits sarcastic response) who thinks Rix, Malofeev, Korobochka, Pyjama man, anti media and "mafia" rants, the dross we sign from Lithuania, picking the team, increasing the debt, sacking George Burley ETC ETC ETC is embarassing.

to the OP and every other similar OP who starts a thread in the same genre (canny believe there's folk who still back madfud - ostriches, wake up and smell the coffee, naive, not real fans, blah blah blah...)...

the simple message is that there are some people who always feel the need to fly off the handle in reaction to something happening that they didn't want to happen, or don't fully agree with... and there are others who are quite content to calmly examine the causes and effects and keep an open mind as to why these things go on.

it must be a terribly debilitating thing to be so devoid of reasoning skills and the power of understanding that you become so utterly intolerant of other peoples' loyalty to the romanov. there are people on here who are wholeheartedly against his decision to dispense with jim jefferies, but they have the abilities to argue their case in a grown up manner with people of a completely diametric viewpoint. a certain amount of derision is always in evidence as well but that is solely directed at posters who insist on posting the archetypal brand of hysterical nonsense that always follows an unpopular decision.

if you're looking for a media outlet which is largely comprised of aimless diatribes against romanov then i suggest you stick to the hearts facebook roast-a-thon.

Genghis Khan

The OP would have you believe that the prolonged run of of poor results / performances (the infamous 1 win in 14) is nothing more than Vlad's propaganda machine! I assume the OP has not been watching HMFC recently.

The run of results that's seen us win one game in the last 14.

Oh right, you're talking about that run from last season... and yet VR never sacked JJ/BB last season, he waited until this season after 2 great results and 1 bad one, one the eve of a European game to sack him.

If it was to do with results then why didn't he sack him during the close season?

If we are no further forward despite the bigger budget then perhaps he is right.

With regards to the stadium the previous incbwnt done wry little. One stand was built. The other, plans were in place previously and the only one completed from start to finish was partially financed by fans.

I am not saying the decision to sack JJ was correct, but had it been anyone else, I doubt he would have posted as I think he is the naive and blindly loyal one, just to a different person.

Are we any further forward in footballing terms over the past 6 seasons,yes or no?

Has our stadium improve drastically in the past 6 seasons,yes or no?

Has our debt decreased in the past 6 seasons,yes or no?

Are we a far better appreciated club now than we were 6 season back,yes or no?

Has vlad brought any shame to Hearts in the last 6 season,yes or no?

Stupid Sexy Flanders

All of the things you mention (apart from the mafia rant) happened at least 4 years ago. Maybe time to accept things have changed and the club seems to be being run in a much more conventional manner these days?

Clearly I was talking about the way the club has conducted itself in general since Vlad has taken over. But you knew that, you just chose to ignore it.

Maybe it's just me though (awaits sarcastic response) who thinks Rix, Malofeev, Korobochka, Pyjama man, anti media and "mafia" rants, the dross we sign from Lithuania, picking the team, increasing the debt, sacking George Burley ETC ETC ETC is embarassing.

Pete Seeger

That's the problem - so have I. It's hard to give up on something that is a big part of your life. But people are and will.

For the amount of money Vlad has spent, and the levels the debt have increased to we have achieved NOTHING that merits increasing the debt that much. A Scottish Cup win against Gretna and a failed Champions League qualifying campaign? Is that worth increasing the debt from about 24 million to the high 30's?

When Romanov eventually gets bored and leaves, pinning the blame on "the mafia" we are going bust and there will be nobody with the money to save us

People will always come and go throughout their lives regarding season tickets. Sometimes they need an excuse to make them feel better and pretending it's a matter of principal makes them feel a bit better about giving up their tickets. Thankfully, it appears that as one goes out the door another comes in :thumbsup:

Regarding the debt, I'm not sure how you not renewing your tickets going to help us :huh:

jambopompey

would you not think that VR just maybe wants a better return on the amount he has invested, yes there is a long list of things he has got massively wrong as well as getting some things right (sometimes later than expected).

The funny thing is we all debate our views on here without having the full or even close to full facts from all sides

it must be a terribly debilitating thing to be so devoid of reasoning skills...

Is this the bit where someone gets to stick a really witty and clever smilie into the thread instead of actually answering a post?

:cornette:

Chad Sexington

FFS!

Do you write for the Daily Record? :lol:

You should have an avatar of a Hearts Badge ripped in two with "Tynecastle in Turmoil" above it.

:cornette:

Oh right, you're talking about that run from last season... and yet VR never sacked JJ/BB last season, he waited until this season after 2 great results and 1 bad one, one the eve of a European game to sack him.

If it was to do with results then why didn't he sack him during the close season?

Sorry but your wrong prisoner he was removing him on the back of two away draws,the DUFC game is irrelevant as vlad had already made his mind up before sunday.

It was a surprise but it wasn't a surprise.

It came out of the blue, there wasn't any real displeasure from fans at games really about the current run we are on, I actually believe that is down to WHO the manager was rather than the job he was doing.

When you look at it from the board's point of view, they are wanting results, the results were not good enough for a team wanting to challenge for a league title and cups. I wouldn't be surprised if we had the worst form in Scotland over the past 15 game

I personally wouldn't have sacked Jefferies when Romanov did. It was very sudden and we had started the season reasonably well. I'm not pleased with the timing of the decision but it is one that may turn out to be better for the long run, we'll just need to wait and see.

I will definitely be supporting the new manager, I hope we improve our results and we get more verysmug moments this season.

would you not think that VR just maybe wants a better return on the amount he has invested...

How much has he invested?

How much has he actually invested without the club carrying the debt?

do you believe JJ is lying when he said "I also appreciate the offer to develop in a new role at Hearts however it has perhaps come too soon and it might be something that I would consider at a later date".

Agree 100% with Shifty's post.

The club will go nowhere under Romanov, how long will the new guy last? Have you checked his CV, he's only got the job because Romanov knows him and no doubt will tow the party line. J.J.was at least someone the club and it's supporters could identify with.

Trouble is we are stuck with Romanov and he is stuck with us, there appears no way out.

If only someone else hadn't won my ?161,000,000 on the euro lottery the other week!

Stupid Sexy Flanders

I think everyone's agreed the timing is a bit odd? Is that enough to prove to you that there's some sinister, underhand reason is it? Really?

Oh, and two "great" results? Behave. "Good" results, yes.

NewYorkJambo

Regarding the debt, I'm not sure how you not renewing your tickets going to help us :huh:

I don't have a season ticket to renew. Living 3500 miles away it's a bit tough to get back for the games!

If that makes me less of a fan, despite the fact I had a season ticket for ten years, then so be it.

But if I did still have one, yes, I'd seriously consider giving it up. Giving Vlad my money hardly expresses my discontent does it?

Archived