Posters on here...

scott_jambo

It's a high risk / high reward business in which results matter above all else.

I don't read much joy at the departure of JJ and there is a deal of sorrow that he has departed albeit tinged with a realisation that things weren't working the way it was hoped.

I am sad to see JJ go - he was a player when I started going to games and he did bring us our first cup in a generation - but football is all about winning and it is recent results that matter, not what happened 13 years ago. No doubt some will argue that flair is important to which I would reply that Edinburgh already has a flair team where winning is a secondary consideration.

I wish JJ all the very best for the future and wish our latest acquisition good luck in getting us back into the winning ways.

Well I guess it must depend on which results we are looking at then as from where I see it we got 3rd place last year, an organized squad who for the first time in years at least looked vaguely interested in playing some football and who appeared to know what they were doing most of the time. I'd say JJ pretty much delivered us the end results we wanted at the start of the last season.

I agree nobody is ripping into JJ but the trotting out of the 1 game in 14 is pathetic, there were reasons for the poor results and we all know it. Injuries, being hampered in not being allowed to play Zal & Kello, the bottom line was that we were effective enough before to make us so far ahead that when these issues arose we still got third despite it.

Also the strength with which posters state "It was the correct decision" as though it was a fact. If I state "It was the wrong decision" does that make it a fact too? - well considering Vlads poor track record of managerial appointments, JJ aside, we'll see if we still think so this time next year.

Mad Dog Frazer

Some dickish comments about JJ and not accepting that Vlad has handled this whole situation badly.

Using this 1 in 14 stat to defend the whole situation - these results were last year when Kevin Kyle was out injured. This season, JJ had brought in Sutton to cover for Kyle's absence so there was no way we were going to continue that form - he deserved a chance to at least rectify the bad run of form.

All the preparation this season is now out the window, while I can see the argument for JJ leaving, the amount of turncoats on here who were sooking JJ's erse and now sticking the knife in is ridiculous.

Get some perspective - You may not agree with the hysteria against Vlad from certain fans, but trying to counter that with ripping into JJ when you were saying contrary a week ago is pathetic.

this place is full of them declaring to have the best interests of the club at heart but by being wuiet or sucking up this mans reerend their participating in the eventual downfall of this wonderfull club. because i tell you what this man is capable of ANYTHING.

eventually it will be too late to do anything about him and those who remain to back this clown will just be as repsonsible for our clubs demise as the man himself

Vlad-Stupid

this place is full of them declaring to have the best interests of the club at heart but by being wuiet or sucking up this mans reerend their participating in the eventual downfall of this wonderfull club. because i tell you what this man is capable of ANYTHING.

eventually it will be too late to do anything about him and those who remain to back this clown will just be as repsonsible for our clubs demise as the man himself

:greatpost:

Not the vibe I am getting - quite a few people here are gloating to others that are upset at how the situation was handled.

Yep.

That's exactly what happens after every single thing that goes wrong.

Played down to a ridiculous extent and folk slagged off for actually questioning things.

It's pathetic.

Mad Dog Frazer

Yep.

Played down to a ridiculous extent and folk slagged off for actually questioning things.

It's pathetic.

:thumbsup:

Wow that makes me feel really bad. Think I will hand back our season tickets and stop a >100 year support of the club. Personally I back the Hearts and accept Vlad for the meantime. Less time for the daft spectacle of Deans and Robinson overtly avoiding even a nod to each other while walking along deliberately 10 yards apart before the game on Sunday. As daft as all the name calling between Hearts fans on this site!

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Yep.

It's pathetic.

Disagree.

This decision is not one that can be lumped in with all of Vlad's other craziness. On the surface it's a football decision that happens all the time.

Creepy Lurker

Two good results since the start of the season followed by a narrow loss against a decent team that we always struggle against isn't really sackable form. If last season's form was, then he should've been dismissed last season.

The lengths to which some posters on here will go to pretend that everything's hunky dory at our club really are remarkable.

Disagree.

This decision is not one that can be lumped in with all of Vlad's other craziness. On the surface it's a football decision that happens all the time.

This decision has come on the back of a good draw at Ibrox and a good draw away in Europe.

This decision was made before we lost to Dundee Utd.

If it was purely down to football then this decision would have been made last season as there has been nothing football wise to concern us this season when the decision was made.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

This decision has come on the back of a good draw at Ibrox and a good draw away in Europe.

This decision was made before we lost to Dundee Utd.

If it was purely down to football then this decision would have been made last season as there has been nothing football wise to concern us this season when the decision was made.

Playing devil's advocate a bit but there was a time, not that long ago, when we didn't just shrug our shoulders and accept a defeat at Tynie to a depleted Dundee Utd team, bleating about how we played well and deserved more. I can't ever remember Alex McDonald talking like that. There's a lot about Romanov I don't get, I still maintain he's done more harm than good at Hearts (and the full extent of our financial mess won't become clear until he's gone, although that's a debate for another day) but I back him 100% in this belief that it's pathetic how everybody involved in Scottish football outside the OF just accepts being pish and that everybody will beat everybody else and there's no point trying to do anything about it.

Playing devil's advocate a bit but there was a time, not that long ago, when we didn't just shrug our shoulders and accept a defeat at Tynie to a depleted Dundee Utd team, bleating about how we played well and deserved more. I can't ever remember Alex McDonald talking like that. There's a lot about Romanov I don't get, I still maintain he's done more harm than good at Hearts (and the full extent of our financial mess won't become clear until he's gone, although that's a debate for another day) but I back him 100% in this belief that it's pathetic how everybody involved in Scottish football outside the OF just accepts being pish and that everybody will beat everybody else and there's no point trying to do anything about it.

But what I'm saying is that Jefferies wasn't sacked for the defeat to Dundee United.

How could he have been and a replacement brought in so quickly if it wasn't pre-meditated.

Personally, I'm not JJ's biggest fan as a manager, but I think he was the best we could get for the situation we were in.

It looks to me that it's not football reasons why he's been removed, that's what gets my goat.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

But what I'm saying is that Jefferies wasn't sacked for the defeat to Dundee United.

How could he have been and a replacement brought in so quickly if it wasn't pre-meditated.

Personally, I'm not JJ's biggest fan as a manager, but I think he was the best we could get for the situation we were in.

It looks to me that it's not football reasons why he's been removed, that's what gets my goat.

That's fair, although Jefferies himself is being pretty gracious about it.

Who thinks everything is hunkydory?? Maybe Sunday was the last straw being beaten at home by a rival for third place who had lost all/most of their decent players? Previous managers have gone with one bad result tipping things? Anyway a lot of the facts expressed here are reflective of people's feeling towards Vlad and the only one who knows the whole truth is Vlad and hopefully he has been honest with JJ.......although probably only to the extent he feels he needs to!

The only fact we know is that we have a new manager and we need to support him and the team do we not?

Aye, probably. Calum Elliot was injured for most of last season after starting it very well too remember.

Again, easy to forget just how bereft of strikers we were and to go from Nade to Kyle and Elliott was a big step. Signing three in one summer was massively unlikely. Should have signed one in January but were sent Razulis instead.

It has been resolved now with Sutton but it appears to have been too late.

As I've said on various threads, JJ's departure doesn't have much to do with football.

Well...it's over.

I certainly wasn't calling for JJ's head but was the above not part of one of the valid criticsms of him, that he was very one dimensional in terms of his tactics and that without Kyle we seemed to be without a Plan B?

Obviously losing Kyle was a big blow but once we knew he was going to be out for a long time we should have been adapting our tactics to suit the players that were available to us.

Agree totally :thumbsup:

Pete Seeger

I've not seen anyone ripping into JJ? For what it's worth, I'm not bothered he's away as the footballs been terrible this year but I certainly wasn't desperate to see the back of him. The guy's a legend at the club and that won't change. BB can GTF though :thumbsup:

Archived