Posters on here...

scott_jambo

scott_jambo

Some dickish comments about JJ and not accepting that Vlad has handled this whole situation badly.

Using this 1 in 14 stat to defend the whole situation - these results were last year when Kevin Kyle was out injured. This season, JJ had brought in Sutton to cover for Kyle's absence so there was no way we were going to continue that form - he deserved a chance to at least rectify the bad run of form.

All the preparation this season is now out the window, while I can see the argument for JJ leaving, the amount of turncoats on here who were sooking JJ's erse and now sticking the knife in is ridiculous.

Get some perspective - You may not agree with the hysteria against Vlad from certain fans, but trying to counter that with ripping into JJ when you were saying contrary a week ago is pathetic.

Tommy Wiseau

Don't get folk tearing into JJ one bit. The guy is a Hearts legend and I don't really buy into the whole 1 win in 14 chat either - we had already sealed third by the with no chance of catching Rangers or Celtic, no surprise that the team dropped its level.

Shite patter to slate JJ now. <_<

I wouldn`t have thought a week ago that jj was going to go that`s for sure.

I was also convinced that jj was the best manager hearts could possibly get. I`m not so sure that is the case now.

I think everyone agrees the timing of all this is totally appalling.

Dr. Bapswent

Some dickish comments about JJ and not accepting that Vlad has handled this whole situation badly. IMO

Using this 1 in 14 stat to defend the whole situation - these results were last year when Kevin Kyle was out injured. This season, JJ had brought in Sutton to cover for Kyle's absence so there was no way we were going to continue that form - he deserved a chance to at least rectify the bad run of form. IMO

All the preparation this season is now out the window, while I can see the argument for JJ leaving, the amount of turncoats on here who were sooking JJ's erse and now sticking the knife in is ridiculous. IMO

Get some perspective - You may not agree with the hysteria against Vlad from certain fans, but trying to counter that with ripping into JJ when you were saying contrary a week ago is pathetic. IMO

has there been a lot of 'ripping into JJ'?

i haven't seen all that much to be honest. most folk have been fairly moderate and seem to accept the decision, rather than overtly delighted about it.

scott_jambo

Quite clear it's my opinion, that's why it has my username and avatar beside the post, Dr. :)

Oh yeah, and your a ******* welt.

Dr. Bapswent

i haven't seen all that much to be honest. most folk have been fairly moderate and seem to accept the decision, rather than overtly delighted about it.

88892-thumbs_up.jpg

Some dickish comments about JJ and not accepting that Vlad has handled this whole situation badly.

Using this 1 in 14 stat to defend the whole situation - these results were last year when Kevin Kyle was out injured. This season, JJ had brought in Sutton to cover for Kyle's absence so there was no way we were going to continue that form - he deserved a chance to at least rectify the bad run of form.

All the preparation this season is now out the window, while I can see the argument for JJ leaving, the amount of turncoats on here who were sooking JJ's erse and now sticking the knife in is ridiculous.

Get some perspective - You may not agree with the hysteria against Vlad from certain fans, but trying to counter that with ripping into JJ when you were saying contrary a week ago is pathetic.

I certainly wasn't calling for JJ's head but was the above not part of one of the valid criticsms of him, that he was very one dimensional in terms of his tactics and that without Kyle we seemed to be without a Plan B?

Obviously losing Kyle was a big blow but once we knew he was going to be out for a long time we should have been adapting our tactics to suit the players that were available to us.

scott_jambo

Not the vibe I am getting - quite a few people here are gloating to others that are upset at how the situation was handled.

The Comedian

Good post.

I don't remember any JJ out threads running upto this. All of a sudden it's a brilliant idea, well done Vlad JJ was pish anyway etc.

northfieldhearts

Why not uses the 1 in 14 stats? From being over 20 points clear to relying on Rangers getting a result against Utd - do you think thats acceptable? And yes Kyle was injured - but most managers have a plan B - JJ had none.

Dr. Bapswent

Not the vibe I am getting - quite a few people here are gloating to others that are upset at how the situation was handled.

And those people are the typical one-up twats that pervade a place like KB.

Their opinion is deliberately controversial - only a few people with such extreme views believe what they say 100%.

By this definition they discount themselves from being worthwhile reading in the first place.

Filter them out and look beyond them - and you'll see a more genuine opinion that is more moderate and balanced.

Jam Tarts 1874

Really? Based on what?

scott_jambo

I certainly wasn't calling for JJ's head but was the above not part of one of the valid criticsms of him, that he was very one dimensional in terms of his tactics and that without Kyle we seemed to be without a Plan B?

Obviously losing Kyle was a big blow but once we knew he was going to be out for a long time we should have been adapting our tactics to suit the players that were available to us.

Agreed, and if he was sacked solely for that then I would be able to accept the decision easier.

It is clear that the tension caused by the Kello/Zaliukas/CT situations has contributed to this decision by Romanov.

mahgrassyshoes

My only critisism of JJ was his failure to get a decent midfielder in. I think his other signings were cracking, with the exception of Taouil... the jury is stillout for me (but if he's good I'll admit i was wrong). The decision/inability to get in the playmaking midfielder was our big downfall against Dundee. They got the goal and Houston told them to shut up shop they won't break us down. We started punting everything to Sutton, he's not KK and wasn't going to compete with Kenneth.

It was a shitty way for it to end, but that's football. If PS comes in and knows of the midfield player we need he will be a massive success with us. JJ's knowledge is predominantly the SPL and getting that player was going to be very difficult for him. Maybe PS has a better European network or even knows someone available in Portugal.

It's all if and buts at the moment and we won't truely know if this was the right decision for 2-3 months.

Good post.

I don't remember any JJ out threads running upto this. All of a sudden it's a brilliant idea, well done Vlad JJ was pish anyway etc.

Yes, those posts are embarassing, but no more so than the raging "Get Vlad oot" posts. The truth, as always, lies somewhere in between.

Personally have been worried about JJ's abilities for some time and plenty people have queried his lack of tactical variety/plan B etc even dating back to previous chairman at Killie. Timing is surely always an issue in terms of how much of a season you give someone to turn things around. Poor 2nd half of 2010/11 surely cannot all be attributed to Kyle and there has been a lack of progress from younger players plus the pre season was dire. Time will provide the answer although it would have been easier for a new manager to take over in pre season or at Xmas if the season was already a goner and it was a salvage job. The pressure on the new manager will be pretty great. Never dull being a Jambo!!

Don't get folk tearing into JJ one bit. The guy is a Hearts legend and I don't really buy into the whole 1 win in 14 chat either - we had already sealed third by the with no chance of catching Rangers or Celtic, no surprise that the team dropped its level.

Sadly we are left with few options, we have a meglomaniac in control of our club and I am sure that a few people are worried about it's future and it's very existence. So to defend the club they take the positive stance during a negative situation. Very few people will be happy that JJ is gone, but most realise that its the club they support not an individual who has been a big part of it over the years.

And there will be those who are happy that we have Sergio as the new Manager, but just wish that we didnt need one if the first place. Actually I think that sums it up for me. I wont ever put the boot into JJ, he is a gentleman and a Jambo like the rest of us. I wish him all the very best, and as it is now in our interests, I wish all the very best to Paulo Sergio too.

vintage1874

Well said :thumbsup:

Some want it both ways though. One minute they are crying out for results(which is the main thing to be honest) and the next they are moaning about how we are playing even if we win.

But if we are to give JJ and the team a wee bit slack from last seasons dozen closing games(which we still only lost 4 in iirc?) we should have emptied Motherwell before throwing it away and we had Hibs in our pockets before Zal decided to have a brainstorm..

I know its about the scoreline at 90 minutes but im coming from the angle of performance. We had played particularly well in those two games until we decided to press self destruct.....

It was a poor ending to the season if we look at what went before but maybe the players did sub consciously switch off? All gone now but its a poor show to keep bringing up the last 14 games thing.....It proves that people only remember what you do wrong.

Jambof3tornado

Its all about personal opinions,and due to being personal they vary from person to person. Just because I can follow why Vlad would want to replace JJ and I am not slashing my wrists over it doesnt mean I want to give Vlad a BJ.

Some posters on here will always be total bellends,regardless of what is going on at the club.

The ripping is all going Vlad's way as far as I can see. There has been some examination of JJ's recent record which is justified. I think he should have been given more time, but most managers, anywhere, would be aware that they could lose their job given a run like ours.

Yup.

A whole season without Driver and Wallace, half the season without Kyle. Maybe our best three players? Suso missed loads too.

On top of this, not allowed Zal for a good few games at the start of the season and all the Kello stuff at the end.

Then this preseason marred by the club's terrible handling of the CT affair.

But 1 win in 14, JJ GTF.

This time last week, we were all delighted with how JJ set out the team and attacked at Ibrox. It would appear Hearts fans have very short memories.

Remember the nick the squad was in when JJ arrived? Look at it now.

It was always my opinion that JJ probably wasn't the guy to take the club to levels it has never reached. He was the very guy to get us in to a position to do that though. He needed three seasons left to do his job without interference. He'd get the budget down and he'd get us 3rd each season, leaving the next guy a bit of a blank canvas to push us on. JJ wasn't allowed to do this and that's the crying shame.

The VR years are littered with new fans who have delusions of grandure above what our club has historically achieved and delusional types who basically think football is one helluva lot simpler than it is.

Hey-ho, ho-hum and ah well.

Vlad-Stupid

Cant say I've seen much (if any) ripping of JJ tbh. The fact stands that JJ is not immune to being sacked for poor performances no matter how much we all love him. He nearly blew third place and our cup form is very poor. If it was anyone other than JJ nobody would be giving much of a **** imo

The Comedian

The 1 in 14 chat is a red herring at this point. His run is only 2 games worse now and one a good draw. If that is unacceptable now then it was pre season surely. There was no spouting from anyone for his sacking.

I'd imagine if another man had got rid of JJ there would be alot less bullshit on this forum.

Some want it both ways though. One minute they are crying out for results(which is the main thing to be honest) and the next they are moaning about how we are playing even if we win.

But if we are to give JJ and the team a wee bit slack from last seasons dozen closing games(which we still only lost 4 in iirc?) we should have emptied Motherwell before throwing it away and we had Hibs in our pockets before Zal decided to have a brainstorm..

I know its about the scoreline at 90 minutes but im coming from the angle of performance. We had played particularly well in those two games until we decided to press self destruct.....

It was a poor ending to the season if we look at what went before but maybe the players did sub consciously switch off? All gone now but its a poor show to keep bringing up the last 14 games thing.....It proves that people only remember what you do wrong.

Agree entirely with this.Well said,mate.

I'm afraid Vlad's tenure has told us something;that no matter how the team are doing(Burley!?),if he feels he has to make a decision ,he will,regardless of what people think.

The 1 in 14 is something i've only heard on here,TBH.Obvoiusly,if Vlad was worried about recent form then it comes into context but with that crazy cryptic thing earlier in the season i'm not sure who he was blaming!:(

Gigolo-Aunt

One could ask the question on why we went in to last season with no back up to Kyle, If he was so vital to the way the team played.

TBH, I think this has been on the cards for a while. Its been more than pointed out on here that If JJ had no or little Hearts connections previously, many a fan would have been calling for his head. I'm not 100% sure where I stand on this tbh, I do think though that looking back, there is a possibility that the team was punching above its weight with the form we showed in that long unbeaten run. Was going to start a thread on the following but decided not to, but IF JJ was still in charge and we never went through on Thursdsay, coupled with a defeat at Motherwell, the small party on Kickback questioning JJ and his tactics/subs etc would have had many a more poster turning up at their door with a bottle of wine.

I wish JJ all the best, but I do think that results have given Mr Romanov bullets he has been waiting to use since the tail end of last season.

Genuinely excited about Mr Sergio. Time will tell though if its meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

Buffalo Bill

It is clear that the tension caused by the Kello/Zaliukas/CT situations has contributed to this decision by Romanov.

I agree with this. I feel the Thomson thing was crucial. How can one player cause so much damage?

Personally, I felt JJ would've turned us around and the '1 win on 14' would've been history in a few weeks. Yes, it was a poor run of form, and yes, Dundee Utd would've over-taken us last season had the games not run out for them.

However, as bad a run as it was, I would've liked to have seen JJ been given time to ease his new players into the new season and hit the ground running. Had our bad results continued into September, then there would've been no argument from me.

I'm sad to see JJ/BB go.

My only critisism of JJ was his failure to get a decent midfielder in. I think his other signings were cracking, with the exception of Taouil... the jury is stillout for me (but if he's good I'll admit i was wrong). The decision/inability to get in the playmaking midfielder was our big downfall against Dundee. They got the goal and Houston told them to shut up shop they won't break us down. We started punting everything to Sutton, he's not KK and wasn't going to compete with Kenneth.

It was a shitty way for it to end, but that's football. If PS comes in and knows of the midfield player we need he will be a massive success with us. JJ's knowledge is predominantly the SPL and getting that player was going to be very difficult for him. Maybe PS has a better European network or even knows someone available in Portugal.

It's all if and buts at the moment and we won't truely know if this was the right decision for 2-3 months.

I think VR backed JJ pretty well in bringing players in but for some reason he had problems in getting a midfielder in. Last summer he asked for a midfielder and when the Bryson thing wasn't happening, he was sent a trialist, who was a winger(!), who wasn;t good enough and also got injured. VR signed him on a 2 year contract anyway and he hasn't been back at the club since his trial.

I think having got his four signings a similar thing was expected this season. There were midfielders on the list of players JJ gave VR this summer (Gomis being top, but his agent was asking way over the odds and he got a better deal than we'd have given him so fair enough). He did get the 4 players we signed though. After that initial signing spree I think it was made reasonably clear that if you want another player, he'll be VR's choice.

It seems that if JJ doesn't get his 1st choice, he isn't allowed a 2nd choice.

I'm not necessarily saying any of the above is terrible, I'm just saying that the politics of getting what you want from VR are tricky and for some reason, like strikers with Csaba (who handled the situation terribly!), he didn't seem willing to sign us a midfielder.

51 Shirts -Moments in Time

I still think that JJ has upset Vlad due to his questioning of the CT/Kello and Zal situations. IMO the moment that our owners judgement is questioned, wheels are set in motion for the obstacle to be removed. In this case JJ.

If you take the job like JJ did, I think you know waht you are getting into, but perhaps at the back of your mind you hope you can be the one that bucks the trend! IMO that will never be the case.

I still think that JJ has upset Vlad due to his questioning of the CT/Kello and Vlad situations. IMO the moment that our owners judgement is questioned, wheels are set in motion for the obstacle to be removed. In this case JJ.

If you take the job like JJ did, I think you know waht you are getting into, but perhaps at the back of your mind you hope you can be the one that bucks the trend! IMO that will never be the case.

About sums it up mate! I think JJ was playing the game very well with VR up until the Kello thing when I think the wheels came off a bit.

There ye go. VR's a megalomaniac, nothing we didn't know I guess!

I've just taken exception, as Scott has in opening this thread with the numerous posters discrediting JJ and BB

mahgrassyshoes

I think VR backed JJ pretty well in bringing players in but for some reason he had problems in getting a midfielder in. Last summer he asked for a midfielder and when the Bryson thing wasn't happening, he was sent a trialist, who was a winger(!), who wasn;t good enough and also got injured. VR signed him on a 2 year contract anyway and he hasn't been back at the club since his trial.

I think having got his four signings a similar thing was expected this season. There were midfielders on the list of players JJ gave VR this summer (Gomis being top, but his agent was asking way over the odds and he got a better deal than we'd have given him so fair enough). He did get the 4 players we signed though. After that initial signing spree I think it was made reasonably clear that if you want another player, he'll be VR's choice.

It seems that if JJ doesn't get his 1st choice, he isn't allowed a 2nd choice.

I'm not necessarily saying any of the above is terrible, I'm just saying that the politics of getting what you want from VR are tricky and for some reason, like strikers with Csaba (who handled the situation terribly!), he didn't seem willing to sign us a midfielder.

Yeah, what I was trying to say, and didn't really do a great job of, was that JJ's knowledge is of SPL. There aren't many players good at the role we're looking for in Scotland; and the ones that are will be expecting big bucks (see Gomis and Buaben). It's obviously not really JJ's fault, he's worked and lived here all his days (bar a few years), but hopefully mr Sergio has an idea of someone in his homeland who wouldn't have been on JJ's radar.

I'm not sure I'd go along with it would have been Vlad's choice. Once the list was expired, where do you turn? The club is already all quantity and little quality in centre mid. Black is capable of playing passes and dictating games, but he only does it for 20-30 minutes, he never seems to do it consistently. Davie O has gone in there and done well at keeping possesion and making simple passes, but he hasn't really played a defence splitting pass, but he's not the longterm solution. Ironically the only person that did make a defence splitting pass on Saturday was the much maligned "bombscare", Zal.

One could ask the question on why we went in to last season with no back up to Kyle, If he was so vital to the way the team played.

TBH, I think this has been on the cards for a while. Its been more than pointed out on here that If JJ had no or little Hearts connections previously, many a fan would have been calling for his head. I'm not 100% sure where I stand on this tbh, I do think though that looking back, there is a possibility that the team was punching above its weight with the form we showed in that long unbeaten run. Was going to start a thread on the following but decided not to, but IF JJ was still in charge and we never went through on Thursdsay, coupled with a defeat at Motherwell, the small party on Kickback questioning JJ and his tactics/subs etc would have had many a more poster turning up at their door with a bottle of wine.

I wish JJ all the best, but I do think that results have given Mr Romanov bullets he has been waiting to use since the tail end of last season.

Genuinely excited about Mr Sergio. Time will tell though if its meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

He brought in Kyle and Elliott. There was no way in gods green earth VR was signing JJ another forward.

Even in Jan, VR would only send him Razulis, who isn't good enough for junior and who arrived 6 weeks away from fitness anyway.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

The 1 in 14 thing is not "chat". It's a fact. Nobody was up in arms about it on Saturday night but AFTER the sacking people begin to reflect on the reasons for it. That run of form at least makes it a decision we've seen in football hundreds of times. To say that analysing like this is "ripping into JJ" or "pathetic" is not true and unfair to the posters who are debating sensibly.

Gigolo-Aunt

He brought in Kyle and Elliott. There was no way in gods green earth VR was signing JJ another forward.

Even in Jan, VR would only send him Razulis, who isn't good enough for junior and who arrived 6 weeks away from fitness anyway.

So JJ was allowed to bring in two strikers - Seems fair enough to me.

Do you think we should have had a plan B?

:D

jambo-rocker

I don't know what to feel other than depressed by it all. Words fail me, they really do. The amount of people that seem to looking for opinions be it at work, home or general just annoys me. The points have already been stated, I don't see why they need to be continuiously repeated.

People go on about Jeffries run of games. Now let's get a few things clear, we drew 5 consecutive games in a row, we did not lose a lot of games and some cases we battled back to win the game. Rangers and celtic at the end of the season were always going to be defeats, neither could afford to drop points at that stage. With Dundee United we already had 3rd sealed, so there's no point using a meaningless game as a point. Jeffries could only work with the squad he had, we didn't and arguably still don't have quality enough centre midfielders to merit playing 4 in midfield. S Elliot was not a lone striker, but then we had nobody else to play there. He made his signings, got them in early, and even then I wasn't expecting us to hit the ground running, we expected some change from the last season as he managed to get all the players(expect a quality centre-mid) in and there wouldn't be as much as excuse for the reasons just mentioned.

Nobody complained about his tactics in the first two games of this season, fair enough we probably could have won both, but again the team still needing time to settle the squad, and through that reason alone, I think the two results were excellent. Yes, he showed naivity in the dundee united match, one game! One ******* game and all of a sudden now he is naive. Hearts fans never made noises of this before, some fans will say they did now, so well done hindsighters on that front. It was a lesson learned, and I'm sure he wouldn't have been as daft next time around, **** me at least give the man a chance to atone for his mistakes! But once again, timing, terrific, hey why not before the europa league game? (Slow sarcastic applause)

On the new Paulo, even if he did manage sporting for me he's still unknown quality, and he'll need someone in the backroom that knows the scottish game. Hearts fans dropping their pants and furiously massage their groins over 'anothir vlad mastirstroke' need to get a ******* grip and stop acting like the ******* sheep they're turning into, because they're acting too thick to notice their sore arses for all their tiresome optimism that continues to be put in Romanov, when they're playing the role of a lamb meat shield to the man.

For what it's worth, I do think Vlad wants the best for hearts, but he's like a spoilt child who stomps his feet if it doesn't go his way, greeting at the SFA with passive aggressive digs 'cos it's no fair!' and going through managers like toys. As long as he is here, it will continue to be this way. I'll still be at games when I can, I'm not petty enough to make this 'I'm nevir cumin back, OUTRAGE!' stand, but my god the thought has crossed my mind on occasion...

Aye, probably. Calum Elliot was injured for most of last season after starting it very well too remember.

Again, easy to forget just how bereft of strikers we were and to go from Nade to Kyle and Elliott was a big step. Signing three in one summer was massively unlikely. Should have signed one in January but were sent Razulis instead.

It has been resolved now with Sutton but it appears to have been too late.

As I've said on various threads, JJ's departure doesn't have much to do with football.

I was surprised at a couple of things.

The timing of the sacking.

The way i felt at Jim leaving.I honestly was not bothered at the announcement,found Sunday one game too many of us having no idea or tactical knowledge to break down a team.

I will always like Jim and like to thank him for all his efforts but sadly this outcome in my opinion was the correct decision made,just like the last time Jim left us.Part of me though wished he took the director of football position though.

Lastly it seems to me that Romanov at least had a plan in place this time and i'm quite excited by this one but as GA posted time will tell.

51 Shirts -Moments in Time

About sums it up mate! I think JJ was playing the game very well with VR up until the Kello thing when I think the wheels came off a bit.

There ye go. VR's a megalomaniac, nothing we didn't know I guess!

I've just taken exception, as Scott has in opening this thread with the numerous posters discrediting JJ and BB

Yep, any manager coming in will have to play the same mind games, which must be as stressful as trying to win week in and week out. But as I say they are well aware of who they are jumping into bed with when they sign on the dotted line!

Tommy Wiseau

The 1 in 14 thing is not "chat". It's a fact. Nobody was up in arms about it on Saturday night but AFTER the sacking people begin to reflect on the reasons for it. That run of form at least makes it a decision we've seen in football hundreds of times. To say that analysing like this is "ripping into JJ" or "pathetic" is not true and unfair to the posters who are debating sensibly.

I don't think Scott is talking about people debating sensibly, Eldar, and when I say "1 in 14 chat" I'm not claiming it's a myth. I am saying I don't buy it as the reason JJ is gone - I also think that there are legitimate reasons for our loss of form at the end of last season, namely the fact we had wrapped up third so early but two defeats in Glasgow ended our chances of doing any better than that. Add in long term injuries to some of our best players, the Kello and Zaliukas situations and having Skacel playing through an injury for the last few months and I'm not particularly concerned by it on a footballing level.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

I don't think Scott is talking about people debating sensibly, Eldar, and when I say "1 in 14 chat" I'm not claiming it's a myth. I am saying I don't buy it as the reason JJ is gone - I also think that there are legitimate reasons for our loss of form at the end of last season, namely the fact we had wrapped up third so early but two defeats in Glasgow ended our chances of doing any better than that. Add in long term injuries to some of our best players, the Kello and Zaliukas situations and having Skacel playing through an injury for the last few months and I'm not particularly concerned by it on a footballing level.

Fair enough.

Romanov has made some howlers in that past, howlers that thick ex-pros and agenda-driven journalists can't see past when trying to analyse this decision. But this just isn't one of those howlers. JJ is a proper Hearts legend and he always will be but that doesn't entitle him to immunity from serious criticism and it certainly doesn't mean he should outlive his usefulness. John Robertson was also a Hearts legend, an argument could be made he is our greatest ever player, but when it was time to go, it was time to go. He couldn't do the job the way he used to. And it's hardly "being dickish" to suggest JJ was maybe heading the same way. The tactics and team selections, basically the whole time outside that glorious two-month run, were pretty honking sometimes - and even that run was prompted by a guy he didn't sign! Would JJ have even lasted this long of he wasn't gifted Skacel? His preference of Stevenson up front when guys like Robinson were hardly given a chance was crazy to some folk.

Also, having got so close to the OF in Jan, to seemingly just cave and show them the pathetic, meek fawning that almost every Scottish pro gives them by allowing ourselves to be dominated at Ibrox and Parkhead like we were in 0-1 and 0-4 games was tough for some fans to take. Not saying we should be winning the league but Csaba (who I think was pretty useless btw - not suggesting he was better) would never have gone and put up that 0-4 game in those circumstances. Hopefully Paulo Sergio doesn't either. There's no need, as Alex Smith says, to "respect" the OF so much that you should just let them beat you so they can get on with winning things.

Thunderstruck

It's a high risk / high reward business in which results matter above all else.

I don't read much joy at the departure of JJ and there is a deal of sorrow that he has departed albeit tinged with a realisation that things weren't working the way it was hoped.

I am sad to see JJ go - he was a player when I started going to games and he did bring us our first cup in a generation - but football is all about winning and it is recent results that matter, not what happened 13 years ago. No doubt some will argue that flair is important to which I would reply that Edinburgh already has a flair team where winning is a secondary consideration.

I wish JJ all the very best for the future and wish our latest acquisition good luck in getting us back into the winning ways.

bajthejambo

I was surprised at a couple of things.

The timing of the sacking.

The way i felt at Jim leaving.I honestly was not bothered at the announcement,found Sunday one game too many of us having no idea or tactical knowledge to break down a team.

I will always like Jim and like to thank him for all his efforts but sadly this outcome in my opinion was the correct decision made,just like the last time Jim left us.Part of me though wished he took the director of football position though.

Lastly it seems to me that Romanov at least had a plan in place this time and i'm quite excited by this one but as GA posted time will tell.

I couldn't agree more.

Tommy Wiseau

Fair enough.

Romanov has made some howlers in that past, howlers that thick ex-pros and agenda-driven journalists can't see past when trying to analyse this decision. But this just isn't one of those howlers. JJ is a proper Hearts legend and he always will be but that doesn't entitle him to immunity from serious criticism and it certainly doesn't mean he should outlive his usefulness. John Robertson was also a Hearts legend, an argument could be made he is our greatest ever player, but when it was time to go, it was time to go. He couldn't do the job the way he used to. And it's hardly "being dickish" to suggest JJ was maybe heading the same way. The tactics and team selections, basically the whole time outside that glorious two-month run, were pretty honking sometimes - and even that run was prompted by a guy he didn't sign! Would JJ have even lasted this long of he wasn't gifted Skacel? His preference of Stevenson up front when guys like Robinson were hardly given a chance was crazy to some folk.

Also, having got so close to the OF in Jan, to seemingly just cave and show them the pathetic, meek fawning that almost every Scottish pro gives them by allowing ourselves to be dominated at Ibrox and Parkhead like we were in 0-1 and 0-4 games was tough for some fans to take. Not saying we should be winning the league but Csaba (who I think was pretty useless btw - not suggesting he was better) would never have gone and put up that 0-4 game in those circumstances. Hopefully Paulo Sergio doesn't either. There's no need, as Alex Smith says, to "respect" the OF so much that you should just let them beat you so they can get on with winning things.

I accept that, and in fairness I am ridiculously biased when it comes to Jefferies - won't hear a bad word about him. :lol: In the cold light of day the results weren't good enough and the run was continuing into this season, but I think after the squad he'd built, the turnaround from the slaver and the fact that he brought a feel good factor back to the club last season, he deserved a lot more time to put it right. The timing and the fact Mr Sergio was hired the same afternoon JJ left is what makes me think that this hasn't really been down to results in the main.

Just like I cannae be arsed with folk going down the "this is disgusting, VR must go" road, I don't think the people who have gone so far the other way and ripped into JJ are doing anyone any favours either.

hearts_crazy

Actually there isn't a lot of ripping into JJ going on. There is however a lot of hysterical 'JJ was done up like a kipper' bollocks going on. If we had lost on Thursday (I know we still may do just that, but talking hypothetically here) the same folk greeting about Vlad sacking JJ would be calling for his head on a silver platter, bugger me sideways if it ain't so.

The decision to get rid was, unfortunately correct IMO. ANd may as well get it sorted out now and give the new Manager a month to get a couple of new faces in (hopefully). I do think we will HAVE to get past Paksi before that will happen though.

Too many people have very short memories IMO, we were awful to watch before JJ came in, he turned it around very quick and we were actually getting close to the OF. Losing key players, and there back-ups in the terms of Elliot getting injury as well has not help, but overall the football was good. These people who are demand results are the most important thing, then surly finishing 3rd and in europe was the end result that we were aiming for!

Lets be honest, the sacking has nothing to do with results but with something else, JJ did a great shop in keeping things behind close doors.

Certain posters looking like proper class A dickheads with chat of dinosaur tactics Etc

BTW have look at the rangers thread slagging JJ off for the team he started and formation, then we go out and destroy them in the first half. The boy knew how to win games in the SPL, surly thats the main job!

hearts_crazy

Too many people have very short memories IMO, we were awful to watch before JJ came in, he turned it around very quick and we were actually getting close to the OF. Losing key players, and there back-ups in the terms of Elliot getting injury as well has not help, but overall the football was good. These people who are demand results are the most important thing, then surly finishing 3rd and in europe was the end result that we were aiming for!

Lets be honest, the sacking has nothing to do with results but with something else, JJ did a great shop in keeping things behind close doors.

Certain posters looking like proper class A dickheads with chat of dinosaur tactics Etc

BTW have look at the rangers thread slagging JJ off for the team he started and formation, then we go out and destroy them in the first half. The boy knew how to win games in the SPL, surly thats the main job!

Putting this in the past tense is correct anyway, he has failed to win in the SPL since March. Do you think that's acceptable for a team that purports to be the third best in the league, because I don't. I know there were circumstances beyond his control that contributed to that, the main one being that Kevin Kyle injury, but FFS surely to **** we can come up with SOME SORT of plan to make up for losing him. As I say I liked JJ, but let's get real here, it wasn't working out.

Regardless of Vlad's reasoning, the fact still remains that it was the correct decision, and one that any other owner would have made, probably long before now.

Archived