Craig Thomson to FBK Kaunas

Tauras

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Comedian

Nice change, usually the dross comes the other way.

The beast will be back playing for Hearts one day IMO.

Blah.

Slevinkelevra

have a look at the team section...they have a guy called kylie minogue playin for them hahaha....on second look its cos i had the translator on...still amused me tho

Auld Reekin'

Not surprised in the least about this: for better or for worse, something of this sort was always on the cards after the evasive and equivocal response from the Hearts' board over this whole situation.

(Memo to CT: lots of great looking women for you across there, just try and limit yourself to those over 16... <_<)

Harry Palmer

GTF Romanov's a ######.

Mr Romanov was at the game today.... :)

You could have told him what you thought in person.

Ford Prentice

Well done Vlad. Would have been easy just to cut the kid loose. This way he gets a chance to grow up and sort himself out - hope he takes the chance given and does just that.

Pathetic. Horrific decision and reflects incredibly badly on our club and the management making these decisions.

Pathetic. Horrific decision and reflects incredibly badly on our club and the management making these decisions.

why does it reflect badly on HMFC? Thanks

Mr Romanov was at the game today.... :)

You could have told him what you thought in person.

We know now why he was in Edinburgh. All about the ?? and no morals. Stinking.

3fingersreid

why does it reflect badly on HMFC? Thanks

because he is still officially a Hearts player but one out on loan :verymad:

I think VR should have beheaded Thomson in the centre circle at half time.

There can be only one

Aye, heard about the Kaunas thing last week but didn't want to be the one to send JKB into a shitstorm! Wrong decision imo but I think VR is trying to work out a way to make money from him - simple as that. A good year at Kaunas, does he become sellable?? Would it be to somewhere he'd go? I don't think we'll see him play for Hearts again.

FWIW, probably a great result for CT. He has a chance to save his career. Mind you, he's been on paid suspension, so I guess the last few weeks have been all cocktails and jaccuzis anyway!

Romanov > Jezza

:smuggy:

Lapdog for Vlad all you want, couldn't give a shit.

Diadora Van Basten

It will be interesting to see how a Scottish player gets on abroad without his significant other dragging them back because she misses her mother

marshallschunkychicken

To be honest, it looks like running down the final year of his contract, without having to pay him off. If he'd been sacked, he could have taken the club to court after he'd initially been backed.

.....I think VR is trying to work out a way to make money from him - simple as that. A good year at Kaunas, does he become sellable?

As he only has a year left on his contract, this cannot be to make money.

Doctor FinnBarr

Well done Vlad. Would have been easy just to cut the kid loose. This way he gets a chance to grow up and sort himself out - hope he takes the chance given and does just that.

Grow up? FFS, its the MJ of the footballing world we're talking about here (apart from the fact that MJ liked wee boys and CT likes wee girls).

:angry:

To be honest, it looks like running down the final year of his contract, without having to pay him off. If he'd been sacked, he could have taken the club to court after he'd initially been backed.

Thats all and well if he hadn't had 2 years left on his deal.

Footballfirst

Google translation:

For the first time in Lithuania will play a ScotThis week the players before the end of the registration window, "Kaunas" has been registered and a legionnaire.Our team has added the right stores and defender positions can emulate Craig Thomson (Craig Thompson).The new "Kaunas" Junior will be the first soccer player from Scotland, rungtyniausian?iu Lithuania.Edinburgh Hearts (Scotland) football club owned by "Kaunas" to represent the end of the season.Mr Thomson will wear number 46-th marked in yellow-green "Kaunas" t-shirt.A new member of our club was the last soccer player, complementing team this season. Without it, this week to "Kaunas" returned Nursultan Maciulis midfielder and goalkeeper D?iugas Bartkus, and last week our team has added Evaldas Razula striker, midfielder and goalkeeper David Kapusta Modestas Stonys.

Sydney from Sydney

GTF Romanov's a ######.

Sooner the better mate. Hard hats on though, this mob will slaughter those not in love with the Vladman. The club is bigger than this ****.

WayneMarooney

Vlad's totally old school USSR, is he not. This is classic 1960's Kremlin-type stuff. Communist Party member strays from the straight and narrow by involving himself in nefarious activities with young girls, and rather than being expelled from the fold altogether, the Party elects to send the miscreant to darkest Siberia considering him to be more use still making money for it in some capacity (deep-mine iron ore excavation for 18 hours a day in just your pants/playing at right back for Kaunas/both possibly...) than to cast him out altogether.

Clearly they have the internetskas in Lithuania, so it's a matter of time before the Kaunas Ultras (could they be anything like Atomic Strike???) get wind of why CT's there and send out the lynch mob, if they haven't organised themselves already.

The laddie deserves a 2nd chance in life and his career, rather than being thrown on the social and footballing scrapheap at 20 for a silly mistake. I for one hope he goes there, grows up, and goes on to have a decent future.

Fozzyonthefence

How will he do that - do you think he will all of a sudden stop being attracted to 12 year old girls? Not Hearts or Romanov's problem.

The problem arises in what will happen in November when his loan spell ends and he comes back!

grumpyjambo

I believe that he should have been sacked but in the circumstances it is a decent compromise.

Doctor FinnBarr

The laddie deserves a 2nd chance in life and his career, rather than being thrown on the social and footballing scrapheap at 20 for a silly mistake. I for one hope he goes there, grows up, and goes on to have a decent future.

So, wanting to shag a 12yo is a silly mistake? Hope you don't have a daughter matey!

:down:

The Comedian

The problem arises in what will happen in November when his loan spell ends and he comes back!

He'll come back to play for Hearts and the right-on brigade will be delighted.

Did he want to shag a 12yr old? How do you know this? Don't answer, we've covered this ground thousands of times. You can believe what the Sun and Sunday Mail told you, and I will trust our courts and judicial system.

Appalling from Hearts.

The lad should have had his contract terminated and should have left the club completely as the announcement stated.

A disgrace.

Appalling from Hearts.

The lad should have had his contract terminated and should have left the club completely as the announcement stated.

A disgrace.

The announcement stated that he'd be leaving the club, he has now left the club. After the club failed to sack him initially, they would have a hard time legally doing so a few weeks down the line.

I honestly don't get why folk get so wound up by this.

Drylaw Hearts

Appalling from Hearts.

A disgrace.

Yep.

He's no longer at Heart of Midlothian FC.

Fine by me.

He's still contracted to the club and we're still paying his wages.

Hearts/VR have handled this whole episode very very badly.

Harry Palmer

But he's no longer at the club.

Yep.

Agreed, but I still don't get the level of seethe.

Regular John

If he's really as immature as some folk on here have suggested I doubt he'll even manage until November.

What's he going to do in his spare time in a foreign country all alone other than hit the internet.

Drylaw Hearts

But he's no longer at the club.

But he's still a Hearts player.

Agreed, but I still don't get the level of seethe.

It's quite clear.....people don't want a convicted sex-offender employed by the club.

Simple really.

He's no longer at Heart of Midlothian FC.

Fine by me.

The announcement stated that he'd be leaving the club, he has now left the club. After the club failed to sack him initially, they would have a hard time legally doing so a few weeks down the line.

I honestly don't get why folk get so wound up by this.

The statement was...

Craig Thomson will leave Heart of Midlothian Football Club imminently.

The club has considered all implications surrounding the issue and has decided to find a solution for the player to leave the club over the forthcoming days.

Please don't hit me with the "well, he has left" chat because that sort of argument could be applied to him leaving the club for the day, not to return until Monday. "..to leave the club.." was our statement, going on loan to Kaunas means that at some point he will have to come back. Craig Thomson has not left Hearts, he is a Hearts player but on loan at Kaunas, just as Ridgers, Ogleby & Park are Hearts players on loan at East Fife. What should have been a straightforward decision from the club has been bungled at each and every stage.

Archived