Craig Thomson to FBK Kaunas

Tauras

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The statement was...

Craig Thomson will leave Heart of Midlothian Football Club imminently.

The club has considered all implications surrounding the issue and has decided to find a solution for the player to leave the club over the forthcoming days.

Please don't hit me with the "well, he has left" chat because that sort of argument could be applied to him leaving the club for the day, not to return until Monday. "..to leave the club.." was our statement, going on loan to Kaunas means that at some point he will have to come back. Craig Thomson has not left Hearts, he is a Hearts player but on loan at Kaunas, just as Ridgers, Ogleby & Park are Hearts players on loan at East Fife. What should have been a straightforward decision from the club has been bungled at each and every stage.

BH you seem like a good guy and are a good contributor to this forum. But if you are getting seriously wound up by this then you need to look at your priorities in life. Thomson has been transferred to another country thousands of miles away, given the club legally put themselves in a position where they couldn't sack him, what more do you want?

Geoff Kilpatrick

I thought this was the plan when the announcement was that he would leave??

I'm not bothered by it.

It will be interesting to see how a Scottish player gets on abroad without his significant other dragging them back because she misses her mother

He'll be Ok as long as he's be able to keep in touch with his family/friends etc. online.

jamboinglasgow

This announcement has goes in the meh section for me. Dont really care, he is no longer playing for Hearts.

Creepy Lurker

BH you seem like a good guy and are a good contributor to this forum. But if you are getting seriously wound up by this then you need to look at your priorities in life. Thomson has been transferred to another country thousands of miles away, given the club legally put themselves in a position where they couldn't sack him, what more do you want?

If the club did legally put themselves in such a position (and I believe that you may be right) then that's something worth being angry about in itself, but I think that the real worry here is the suspicion that many (myself included) feel that this is a poorly hidden attempt at keeping Thomson on with the intention of bringing him back as a Hearts player when this has all blown over.

Time will tell.

This announcement has goes in the meh section for me. Dont really care, he is no longer playing for Hearts.

What happens when his loan runs out and he becomes a Hearts player again ?

This decision is a fecking disgrace.

It depends what you mean by "seriously wound up". I am not shaking with rage, nor am I going to protest, nor am I going to move to a town in Surrey beginning with G. However, much like everything Hearts orientated, I have an opinion and my opinion on this situation is that Hearts have handled this appallingly from day one. They have continually failed to do the right thing and as we sit here, they still haven't done the right thing.

He had to go, full stop. All this faffing about is merely hoping it will blow over and he can play for Hearts again. Something that I would get quite upset about and don't know how I'd react.

Do Ogleby, Ridgers, Park, Balatoni, R.McGowan no longer play for Hearts either?

jamboinglasgow

Do Ogleby, Ridgers, Park, Balatoni, R.McGowan no longer play for Hearts either?

I take it you meant D.McGowan and R.McGowan, but Craig will never play for Hearts again, some of the ones you listed will. That is my view and no one is going to change it.

Well done Vlad. Would have been easy just to cut the kid loose. This way he gets a chance to grow up and sort himself out - hope he takes the chance given and does just that.

Grow up!!! You havin a laugh. i seriously hope so.......and it's not funny.

Geoff Kilpatrick

It's on the record that he'll never play for HMFC again.

If that looks like happening then I'll seethe.

If the club did legally put themselves in such a position (and I believe that you may be right) then that's something worth being angry about in itself, but I think that the real worry here is the suspicion that many (myself included) feel that this is a poorly hidden attempt at keeping Thomson on with the intention of bringing him back as a Hearts player when this has all blown over.

Time will tell.

This will not blow over. Don't think the Goodwillie thing will either as someone somewhere thinks he's guilty judging by the papers this morning. Craig Thomson pled guilty. End of...Sackable offence. No going back.

Drylaw Hearts

When his loan finishes in November he'll have no option but to return to Hearts.

When his loan finishes in November he'll have no option but to return to Hearts.

And then he'll (officially) become a Hearts player again even though he's still a Hearts player now.

Not fecking good enough.

Creepy Lurker

This will not blow over. Don't think the Goodwillie thing will either as someone somewhere thinks he's guilty judging by the papers this morning. Craig Thomson pled guilty. End of...Sackable offence. No going back.

I wasn't saying that I think that it'll blow over; I don't think either that it will or that it should.

I'm not convinced that Romanov feels the same way, though.

JamboAberdeen

It seems Vlad might give him another chance at Hearts, either later this season when his loan period ends or next season.

While being found guilty means Hearts could have terminated his contract without much trouble, I believe he deserves second chance, as everyone makes mistake especially at younger age.

But not sure if sponsors and fans will be happy about, as already seen on this board.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Alternatively, Vlad sells him to a Russian team, he makes his profit and Thomson gets a chance to resurrect his career.

hartyfaeclery

why does it reflect badly on HMFC? Thanks

because the owner of HMFC thinks its ok to employ sex offenders

Doctor FinnBarr

It seems Vlad might give him another chance at Hearts, either later this season when his loan period ends or next season.

While being found guilty means Hearts could have terminated his contract without much trouble, I believe he deserves second chance, as everyone makes mistake especially at younger age.

But not sure if sponsors and fans will be happy about, as already seen on this board.

No shit Sherlock!

:ninja:

because the owner of HMFC thinks its ok to employ sex offenders

this is new information to you?

arsenal-graham-rix-7-soccer-88-daily-mirror-1988-football-collectable-sticker-49729-p.jpg

Personally, i dont care anymore.

Drylaw Hearts

Alternatively, Vlad sells him to a Russian team, he makes his profit and Thomson gets a chance to resurrect his career.

I'll crack the jokes Geoff.

Thanks.

hartyfaeclery

this is new information to you?

arsenal-graham-rix-7-soccer-88-daily-mirror-1988-football-collectable-sticker-49729-p.jpg

Personally, i dont care anymore.

unfortunatly its not new information,it does reflect bad on hearts and you,because you should care

Easily summer up.

Farcical, yet unsurprising.

Which is sad really.

Ray Winstone

Out of sight out of mind. I may care if he comes back to Tynie

This.

It is entirely possible that the club don't want to shell out a lump sum to pay off his contract so would rather just pay him monthly and ship him off there until his contract ends.

Total farce. All these guys on the forum who arent bothered by it ask yourselve this. What if he played for Hibs what would be your reaction then???

Returned my season ticket when they refused to sack him and will not return till he is completely away from the club. No ties, no connections totally free from the club.

Went home and away so a wee bit gutted but im taking my moral stance.

Ray Winstone

Total farce. All these guys on the forum who arent bothered by it ask yourselve this. What if he played for Hibs what would be your reaction then???

Returned my season ticket when they refused to sack him and will not return till he is completely away from the club. No ties, no connections totally free from the club.

:sob:

I'm sure the club will fight on without your support.

Ray Winstone

Im sure they will but I will not give my money to a club who support sex offenders.

So what is the difference between having to pay up his contract in a lump sum and possibly effecting our already small budget for new players, signing on fees etc or sending him out the country while his contract runs down?

So what is the difference between having to pay up his contract in a lump sum and possibly effecting our already small budget for new players, signing on fees etc or sending him out the country while his contract runs down?

Thats the same but he should have been sacked. Your not telling me the club can not sack him.

david mcgee

Wonderful morale stance, but if you took the same stance on every paedo and nut job in this totally corrupt imperfect World we live in you would probably never buy a paper, eat out, have a bank account, vote, trust the police...................................................................................

Wonderful morale stance, but if you took the same stance on every paedo and nut job in this totally corrupt imperfect World we live in you would probably never buy a paper, eat out, have a bank account, vote, trust the police...................................................................................

Yes but if a company find out 1 of there employees breaks the law and especially is a sex offender im sure they would sack them. Ask yourselve this what would you have done if i was your 12 year old daughter?? Would you still give money to the club???

Ray Winstone

Thats the same but he should have been sacked. Your not telling me the club can not sack him.

That's pretty much what I am telling you.

I refuse to believe they cant sack him. He was convicted of a sex offence while in employment there for it must constitute gross misconduct??

Ps You still never answered my question

Geoff Kilpatrick

After that initial statement, they probably blew the opportunity of sacking him. He would have had grounds for constructive dismissal had he subsequently been sacked.

unfortunatly its not new information,it does reflect bad on hearts and you,because you should care

it doesn't reflect on me at all actually, thanks. I assume none of the clothes you wear are made by companies that use sweatshops. or eat nestle sweets. or have any involvement with companies who employ any of the thousands of people on the sex offenders register because, of course, that would make you and everyone else in your position a feeble minded, myopic self righteous hypocrite.

in short please don't tell me how I ought to feel, until you can justify your own emotions - or atleast form a coherent sentence.

tartofmidlothian

Dear Banderson and whoever's reading from the Daily Record.

Please can you fix it for Tuaras' name to appear at the top of the article you're writing just now?

Cheers.

david mcgee

Yes but if a company find out 1 of there employees breaks the law and especially is a sex offender im sure they would sack them. Ask yourselve this what would you have done if i was your 12 year old daughter?? Would you still give money to the club???

In the crazy society we now live in, it would not surprise me if the sex offender could sue the employer for unfair dismissal.

I think he should be sacked, all i am saying is the older i get the more i realise how corrupt societies, governments, politicians and law enforcement agencies are.

I would not let this incident put you of supporting your club.

It is unsavory and been badly handled but merely reflects todays society.

I'm glad he doesn't play for hearts anymore but he is still employed and paid within the pyramid of pish so not good enough IMO.

In the crazy society we now live in, it would not surprise me if the sex offender could sue the employer for unfair dismissal.

I think he should be sacked, all i am saying is the older i get the more i realise how corrupt societies, governments, politicians and law enforcement agencies are.

I would not let this incident put you of supporting your club.

It is unsavory and been badly handled but merely reflects todays society.

I still want Hearts to win every game. I will miss going to the games especially fester road. I would love to see Medhi play for the JT's as I really like him. But I will not give my cash to my club who support a sex offender.

I'm glad he doesn't play for hearts anymore but he is still employed and paid within the pyramid of pish so not good enough IMO.

Are Kaunus an amatuer team now???

He Who Cannot Be Named

Oh FFS here we go again.

This is the one topic that really separates the roasters from the rest of us.

CT wont ever play for Hearts again, I don't see how anyone can actually think that considering the level of seethe it would obviously generate.

Contrary to popular belief CT is NOT a paedophile and I wish the kid good luck in getting his career back on track.

Vlad-Stupid

Yeah, i'd be more bothered if he played for Hibs than Hearts :rolleyes:

I still want Hearts to win every game. I will miss going to the games especially fester road. I would love to see Medhi play for the JT's as I really like him. But I will not give my cash to my club who support a sex offender.

Fair do's- each to their own, real shame and all that- see ya.

Nothing will stop me watching my team especially some little no-mark forced to play in other countries now B)

Vlad-Stupid

I've said it on previous threads, anyone who wants to hit hearts in the pocket is a dick.

I've said it on previous threads, anyone who wants to hit hearts in the pocket is a dick.

Oh hardman alert.

So what if it had been your daughter, would you still say the same??

Oh hardman alert.

So what if it had been your daughter, would you still say the same??

Was it your daughter?

If not STFU please, no one wants to hear your garbage.

Archived