As if to prove a point

John Findlay

John Findlay

Another thread I started called cheats do prosper. I stated that the Scottish(Glasgow) media are a disgrace.

Worse than the Sun's back page today is I believe the Daily Record's.

Banner headline. REF FROM HELL. Article about Baskovas(forgive my spelling) being the referee for Rangers Uefa Cup game against Sporting Lisbon tomorrow night. Article crucifies guy. The thing is it has only taken two years for an article of this sort. No article at the time of our away game against AEK and there would have been no article if he had not been giving a game against one of the gruesome twosome.

I believe the guy is a terrible referee but here is the crux. HE HASNT OFFICIATED THE RANGERS GAME YET. Lets see if he is going to get the Daily Record treatment Friday and Saturday. Somehow I have a feeling he wont.

John

John Findlay
Why are there never any Record articles on our "Refs from Hell" in the SPL?

Very good question.

Though hell may freeze over first.

John

Because they work for the 'Record?' :rolleyes:

Another thread I started called cheats do prosper. I stated that the Scottish(Glasgow) media are a disgrace.

Worse than the Sun's back page today is I believe the Daily Record's.

Banner headline. REF FROM HELL. Article about Baskovas(forgive my spelling) being the referee for Rangers Uefa Cup game against Sporting Lisbon tomorrow night. Article crucifies guy. The thing is it has only taken two years for an article of this sort. No article at the time of our away game against AEK and there would have been no article if he had not been giving a game against one of the gruesome twosome.

I believe the guy is a terrible referee but here is the crux. HE HASNT OFFICIATED THE RANGERS GAME YET. Lets see if he is going to get the Daily Record treatment Friday and Saturday. Somehow I have a feeling he wont.

John

Totally agree - the Record is the worst of them all - total rag - however is the words of Kegeen I would love it if the ref had a shocking game and gave sporting everything - could not think of a better way of them to lose - its things in todays papers that make you hate the OF even more by the second even though i didnt think that i could.

portobellojambo1
]Maybe he's just a[/b] homer [/b']and will delight the Record.

Having witnessed his performance first hand in Athens I can assure you we would have been better off with the cartoon character of the same name.

:rolleyes:

Slagging off the occasional foreign ref is how the SFA and their media buddies give out the perception that our refs are actually good.

MacDonald Jardine
Slagging off the occasional foreign ref is how the SFA and their media buddies give out the perception that our refs are actually good.

Yes but I don't remember one paper supporting Hearts when they complained about the ref after the Athens game.

Seymour M Hersh
Yes but I don't remember one paper supporting Hearts when they complained about the ref after the Athens game.

No papers but I do remember Nevin being totally disgusted with the ref on the night on TV.

No papers but I do remember Nevin being totally disgusted with the ref on the night on TV.

"Been got at and paid off" was the quote's from Nevin and even Dougie Donnelly agreed.

doctor jambo

Rangers have benefitted from really poor refereeing for years

FOr them to moan about poor officials is just a fekkin joke

I would rather the SPL had foreign incompetent referees than local biased ones

alwaysthereinspirit

Guid honest Scottish laddies.

Pheeeeew - at least 2 years later we're getting some sort of admission that we WERE cheated that night in Athens.

I've spent the last 2 years thinking it was some kinda paranoia. I can sleep easy now.

It's funny how they're willing to accept that foreign refs are incompetent, but our own officials are "honest", "do a good job" and "make honest mistakes"...hmm.

Makween

Tynecastle Valhalla

I have never been more annoyed (other than the big greek mutant winning a penalty at tynie through andy davis) than when the tv footage showed an Athens player also wearing jewellery and not being penalised like JB.

We were well and truly shafted.

I reckon one of the reasons the media only write articles regarding the old firm is because their supporters comprise the majority of their customers. Whilst this is narrowminded to say the least, it is a viscious circle in that a lot of people believe what is written in the papers and we hardly get any coverage - most of it for the wrong reasons.

Archived