Webster

wardie

I really would hate to say i told you so but...

...never mind

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fort Vallance

I'm not so sure it's even just game time. He even managed to pick up a "bug" and joined the training camp a day or so later than the others.

It's been well documented here (4 pages so far !)how a significant number of supporters feel about his record. But if I was part of the management team Id be more worried about the dressing room and his team mates. Even at amateur level I wouldn't have wanted to share a dressing room with someone I couldn't trust to put at least the same effort in as I was.

I'm not so sure it's even just game time. He even managed to pick up a "bug" and joined the training camp a day or so later than the others.

It's been well documented here (4 pages so far !)how a significant number of supporters feel about his record. But if I was part of the management team Id be more worried about the dressing room and his team mates. Even at amateur level I wouldn't have wanted to share a dressing room with someone I couldn't trust to put at least the same effort in as I was.

doesn't seem like the kind of person who has friends tbh

He has had serious injuries that have required surgery.

This is irrelevant. He is obviously a malingerer.

[sarcasm may have been used in this post. Or maybe not. You decide.]

OK, we get it. You don't like him, but this is getting a little bit silly.

This is irrelevant. He is obviously a malingerer.

[sarcasm may have been used in this post. Or maybe not. You decide.]

malingerer is a quality word. i`m going to use it A LOT.

OK, we get it. You don't like him, but this is getting a little bit silly.

im just saying he seems the type who looks down on people thats all

Fort Vallance

I'm on nodding terms with a couple of his old school mates who he still keeps in touch with, so I'm sure he picks and chooses his mates as most people do. And you don't actually have to like someone to have a bit of respect for them.

But if I was playing alongside somebody that couldn't be ar$ed and my mortgage depended on the whole team pulling their weight I would be mightily pi$$ed off if one of them wasn't trying a leg. Especially if I was one of the younger guys who hadn't banked as much as he has over the years and was earning a fraction of his weekly !

im just saying he seems the type who looks down on people thats all

OK we get it! He's quite tall

Robbo-Jambo

Webster and Touill not even travelling to Hungary. <_< It surely is a priority to get another experienced centre back in for this season.

Webster and Touill not even travelling to Hungary. <_< It surely is a priority to get another experienced centre back in for this season.

Sorry to bump this tired thread, but I have something to add to it which I think is relevant.

Mehdi Taouil pulled his groin on Saturday and will be out for three weeks. His groin strain is worse than Webster's. Mehdi played on on Saturday because he "didn't want to let anyone down." You could argue its a buit fool-hearty as he could let others down by playing less than 100% and he may have prolonged the recovery, but I'd rather have the type who battles through for us.

Webster has pulled out of 1 preseason game, one league game and numerous training sessions and we're only one game into the season. He has a slight tweak in his groin.

Which one is the twinkle-toed French North African sand-dancer and which is the 6ft1 Scottish centre half?

i dont really think that nationality and height are very important when it comes to someone being injured/committed.

i dont really think that nationality and height are very important when it comes to someone being injured/committed.

Nor do I really, but how often are stereotypes drawn?

Even on Saturday's game there were some saying in threads after that Mehdi wasn't committed enough in the tackle. Obua gets it too. Fact is, they've both proven (Obua playing injured last season) that they have more heart for the fight than The Coward.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Sorry to bump this tired thread, but I have something to add to it which I think is relevant.

Mehdi Taouil pulled his groin on Saturday and will be out for three weeks. His groin strain is worse than Webster's. Mehdi played on on Saturday because he "didn't want to let anyone down." You could argue its a buit fool-hearty as he could let others down by playing less than 100% and he may have prolonged the recovery, but I'd rather have the type who battles through for us.

Webster has pulled out of 1 preseason game, one league game and numerous training sessions and we're only one game into the season. He has a slight tweak in his groin.

Which one is the twinkle-toed French North African sand-dancer and which is the 6ft1 Scottish centre half?

All that tells me is that Webster is smarter than Taouil.

Charlie-Brown

Yes smart enough to hardly ever play football for 4+ seasons and still get paid handsomely for it.

Being serious Andy? A footballer should only be thinking of the game they're in. Winning that game is the most important thing in the world. If you don't have that attitude, you're close to useless. You think big KK would come off with a twinge?

Think what you want, but I know who I want fighting for us.

Webster is either a con-man, a fairy or his head's screwed. Whichever it is, he's of little use.

I would love it if he played 90 mins of every game for the rest of the season as he's a top player, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Yes smart enough to hardly ever play football for 4+ seasons and still get paid handsomely for it.

Some players are injury prone. Just a fact of life. Hargreaves, Ledley King, Andy Driver ...

Where is Kickbacks golden boy, Skacel? If it was Webster folk would be claiming he's deliberately not playing incase he doesn't get a deal and gets injured during a game.

rossthejambo

Some players are injury prone. Just a fact of life. Hargreaves, Ledley King, Andy Driver ...

Where is Kickbacks golden boy, Skacel? If it was Webster folk would be claiming he's deliberately not playing incase he doesn't get a deal and gets injured during a game.

Not going to lie, what you've just said about Skacel has crossed my mind many times over the past few weeks.

Being serious Andy? A footballer should only be thinking of the game they're in. Winning that game is the most important thing in the world. If you don't have that attitude, you're close to useless. You think big KK would come off with a twinge?

Think what you want, but I know who I want fighting for us.

Webster is either a con-man, a fairy or his head's screwed. Whichever it is, he's of little use.

I would love it if he played 90 mins of every game for the rest of the season as he's a top player, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Does the fact he started the game despite being injured count for nowt? You'd get loads of players not going anywhere near the pitch with any sign of an injury. If he'd played on and damaged it further and been ruled out for 3 weeks he'd get slaughtered anyway so he cannae win.

Huge, huge difference with everyone you've mentioned. They have injuries. Believe me - Webster is done. It's his head not his body which is a much more serious issue to resolve.

Ledley King can't physically train and play so he does one - he plays (when he can!). Webster continually walks off the training ground (and games) and the physio can't find much wrong with him. Nothing more than the aches and pains most professionals feel. He isn't willing to push himself and that's part and parcel of being a pro footballer I'm afraid.

Drylaw Hearts

Not going to lie, what you've just said about Skacel has crossed my mind many times over the past few weeks.

I don't think there is any doubt this is why Rudolf isn't playing in any games.

Huge, huge difference with everyone you've mentioned. They have injuries. Believe me - Webster is done. It's his head not his body which is a much more serious issue to resolve.

Ledley King can't physically train and play so he does one - he plays (when he can!). Webster continually walks off the training ground (and games) and the physio can't find much wrong with him. Nothing more than the aches and pains most professionals feel. He isn't willing to push himself and that's part and parcel of being a pro footballer I'm afraid.

No offence Ian but you only choose to be 'in the know' when it suits your argument.

If you know what is going on in Websters mind and body I assume you know if Skacel will be signing?

rossthejambo

As I suspected then, the "injury" he has is a convenient excuse.

You're probably right but what's he meant to do? Play on, get injured and potentially lose out on a deal with us or another club if deemed surplus to requirements? Until his contract situation is resolved Skacel playing wouldn't benefit either party.

You're probably right but what's he meant to do? Play on, get injured and potentially lose out on a deal with us or another club if deemed surplus to requirements? Until his contract situation is resolved Skacel playing wouldn't benefit either party.

How's it any different from Webster?

Rudi is being paid handsomely as well is he not? At least Webster makes the effort to get on the pitch.

No offence Ian but you only choose to be 'in the know' when it suits your argument.

If you know what is going on in Websters mind and body I assume you know if Skacel will be signing?

Why would I be any other time? I can only know what I know and people can only choose to accept it or not.

Not sure about Rudi - not sure anyone other than VR and Rudi know and maybe not even them! I've posted on the various Rudi threads what I know about it and that's that we have the option but Rudi asked for more money. What I know is more likely to be training ground than boardroom!

Not that I'm ITK. I do like KFC. And once shot JFK. I frown on the KKK.

jefferies didn't mention injury when he talked about skacel at the airport. only the contract situ. <_<

"not available" for that reason i believe was what he was saying. :down:

How's it any different from Webster?

Rudi is being paid handsomely as well is he not? At least Webster makes the effort to get on the pitch.

Because Rudi is only under contract til the 31st. Plus I'm not anti-Webster so you're barking up he wrong tree. Bottom line is Rudi's injury is also convenient for JJ who doesn't want to play him until the contract situation is sorted.

Why would I be any other time? I can only know what I know and people can only choose to accept it or not.

Not sure about Rudi - not sure anyone other than VR and Rudi know and maybe not even them! I've posted on the various Rudi threads what I know about it and that's that we have the option but Rudi asked for more money. What I know is more likely to be training ground than boardroom!

Not that I'm ITK. I do like KFC. And once shot JFK. I frown on the KKK.

'Trust me, I know' just seems like a bit of a cop out to me. I've never met you in my life so you could be talking complete pish.

I'll take it at face value though, I assume the folk that told you are also the same people that thought it was a good idea to play Driver at the end of last season despite him being injured?

Maybe these people are wrong about Webster as well.

rossthejambo

Because Rudi is only under contract til the 31st. Plus I'm not anti-Webster so you're barking up he wrong tree. Bottom line is Rudi's injury is also convenient for JJ who doesn't want to play him until the contract situation is sorted.

As much as I'm sure JJ would rather play people who are committed to the club, Rudi has previous for not giving 100% when he's on his way out so I'm happy taking his side on this rather than Rudi.

As much as I'm sure JJ would rather play people who are committed to the club, Rudi has previous for not giving 100% when he's on his way out so I'm happy taking his side on this rather than Rudi.

I'm not taking anyone's side, all I'm saying is it's convenient for both parties. And if there's any doubt with Rudi's commitment I'd be happy to leave him out.

The Comedian

Does the fact he started the game despite being injured count for nowt? You'd get loads of players not going anywhere near the pitch with any sign of an injury. If he'd played on and damaged it further and been ruled out for 3 weeks he'd get slaughtered anyway so he cannae win.

Playing on with injuries is what we should be all about. Nothing screams commitment more than putting yourself out for months at a time.

This is the best way to prove to hysterical people on kickback you aren't finished.

:vrface:

Charlie-Brown

Webster is available for at best half the time we're playing since he returned and he's been increasingly unavailable last season and this season - given his last 5 years our ability to rely on him has to be questionable. I suspect he will continue to miss competitive game time quite frequently and we will be forced to rely on others covering for him.

'Trust me, I know' just seems like a bit of a cop out to me. I've never met you in my life so you could be talking complete pish.

I'll take it at face value though, I assume the folk that told you are also the same people that thought it was a good idea to play Driver at the end of last season despite him being injured?

Maybe these people are wrong about Webster as well.

Trust me, I know was bad patter more than anything - for which I apologise, doesn't sound good on second glance. SHould have said something more along the lines of "I'd put the hoose on it". Call it a typo.

But as for who, yeh. And then, maybe Walter Smith and Ally McCoist are wrong about him too. Maybe Levein and Houston are too. He has a reputation for a reason.

Playing on with injuries is what we should be all about. Nothing screams commitment more than putting yourself out for months at a time.

This is the best way to prove to hysterical people on kickback you aren't finished.

It's not about playing with injuries and it's not about hysteria. It's about standing up when the chips are down. I don't believe Webster will.

This is nothing to do with Judas type stuff for me. I think he's a top player and we'd be a better team with him than without. All I'm saying is he copped out on Saturday. He's done it before. He'll do it again, of that I'm sure.

You think big KK would come off with a twinge?

The same KK who hasnt played since january?

I would be happy if we signed another centre half and dumped this **** ASAP, unfortunatley he has a 3 year contract (I think) so we'll have this freakin waster poncing around Riccarton for a while yet, to injured or sore to actually play a bit. We may get 30 or 40 minutes out of it for a game against St Midden or Dunfermline but when the going gets tough againts the Jedwards or the Tramps this **** will be missing...Cert!! :verymad:

I still feel sick when I see this Judas Hun **** in a Hearts strip! dry.gif

The same KK who hasnt played since january?

Knew someone would say that. He has a serious injury. As far as possible, he'll play through the wee knocks and strains that come with the comeback.

Therein lies the difference.

I would be happy if we signed another centre half and dumped this **** ASAP, unfortunatley he has a 3 year contract (I think) so we'll have this freakin waster poncing around Riccarton for a while yet, to injured or sore to actually play a bit. We may get 30 or 40 minutes out of it for a game against St Midden or Dunfermline but when the going gets tough againts the Jedwards or the Tramps this **** will be missing...Cert!! :verymad:

the Jedwards

:facepalm: :facepalm:

Charlie-Brown

Kevin Kyle didn't want to have an operation as he wanted to get back playing by any other means possible and having the op was his least preferred option although it eventually proved necessary.

Knew someone would say that. He has a serious injury. As far as possible, he'll play through the wee knocks and strains that come with the comeback.

Therein lies the difference.

Wee knocks and strains become s_r__s _nj_r__s when played through instead of being rested for a short time.

Wanna buy a vowel?

Wee knocks and strains become s_r__s _nj_r__s when played through instead of being rested for a short time.

Wanna buy a vowel?

Na. Yer fine.

Wanna buy some knowledge? I've none to spare, but you should shop around.

A physio wouldn't send someone onto the training ground or into games as often as Andy Webster if there were serious issues. And this is the 3rd club in 4 years whose physio can find little wrong with him.

Demonstrably so.

touch?

Better go, just opened steaming kettle and wonder if it might lead to amputation.

Clerry Jambo

Some having a pop at Skacel, dearie me.

Rudi wont wear a Hearts jersey until he signs a contract, plus if you believe our manager, he commented many times last season that Rudi was playing with an injury from week to week

Petdantic Note:

Actually height is a factor in injuries like groin strains. It's all to do with increased leverage

Petdantic Note:

Actually height is a factor in injuries like groin strains. It's all to do with increased leverage

Pedantic Note - There's only one T in pedantic.

Pedantic Post Script - I said the factors weren't 'very important' as opposed to 'not a factor'.

Now where's that smug smiley....

Im pretty sure Webster toughed it out against the tramps at Easter road when Zal got sent off.

At the end of the day, whether his injuries are real or psychosomatic, I don't see the point playing handsome money to someone who'll miss more games than he'll play.

Webster will be on good money, of that I have no doubt.

So I'd say the money would be better use paying the wages of another centre half who will play more games than he'll miss. This has nothing to do with the way he mercilessly shafted our club the first time, I just don't see why we should be paying through the nose for someone who'll just form an assprint on the treatment table.

Archived