Webster

wardie

Surely this isn't a start of things to come, I know he had a groin strain coming into game but 8 minutes????? should have started on bench rather than take the gamble, it's like Darren Anderton at Spurs :rolleyes:

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surely this isn't a start of things to come, I know he had a groin strain coming into game but 8 minutes????? should have started on bench rather than take the gamble, it's like Darren Anderton at Spurs :rolleyes:

Anything wrong with Webster is in his head. He's a bottler. Maybe he felt a twinge. There were probably 10 players out there today who felt similar. He apparently does the same in training most days.

Great player ability wise, but simply can't be trusted. I think stern words are needed more than physio.

We're lucky Eggy is a good CH.

Peter Houston was saying on the radio that Webster is the type that if he has a slight niggle then he won't play or train. Also Billy Dodds had said that he chose when he wanted to train when he was on loan at United. Maybe we're pushing him too hard the poor wee soul.

stirlingshirejambo

Just listened to good interview from Peter Houston.

Said that Webster will only play if HE feels 100%. If he feels a niggle he will come off, doen't take art in any high tempo training but when he does play he's outstanding.

Interesting to hear from a manager what a number of us suspected, great talent, little heart

I think i'd be right in saying he never had this problem 1st time round at Hearts. He's never been the same since he left on Webster Ruling..... :rolleyes:

Why look for negatives on a good day?

It's not a negative, its just living in hope that Webster gets better and stays fit

It's not a negative, its just living in hope that Webster gets better and stays fit

Not directed at you specifically. Your sub-header seems a little pessimistic though...

Tbh i thought jonsson did well at centre back once he went off. Wonder how long webster will be out for though.. <_<

Stupid Sexy Flanders

If it was up to me I'd be trying to swap Webster for Kenneth, Broadfoot or virtually any centre half in the world. Complete waste of time, money and a shirt.

Well done to those who played today, great performance from every single one of them, apart from the ###### who let us down yet again.

Harry Palmer

Anything wrong with Webster is in his head. He's a bottler. Maybe he felt a twinge. There were probably 10 players out there today who felt similar. He apparently does the same in training most days.

Great player ability wise, but simply can't be trusted. I think stern words are needed more than physio.

Spot on.

I'm sure I saw Mr Jonsson pass to a team mate as well. Can anyone confirm another myth was destroyed?

If it was up to me I'd be trying to swap Webster for Kenneth, Broadfoot or virtually any centre half in the world. Complete waste of time, money and a shirt.

Well done to those who played today, great performance from every single one of them, apart from the ###### who let us down yet again.

Is this a joke? Broadfoot at centre half? ok he played there today but only coz Weir was suspended, he's a better right back than CH. I'd rather have a half crippled Webster tha him. :blink:

It was interesting to hear Peter Houston on the radio afterwards re Webster.

He stated he was the type of player that would not play or train if he felt the slightest niggle -- he admitted there were times he simply avoided him training with the players in practice matches and brought him into things on the Friday for team shaping sessions -- he spent a lot of the time in gymn and on the cycling machines.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Is this a joke? Broadfoot at centre half? ok he played there today but only coz Weir was suspended, he's a better right back than CH. I'd rather have a half crippled Webster tha him. :blink:

I used him as an example to show how much I just want rid of Webster.

Webster is our best defender by a mile, remember how good he was at Dundee Utd that season on loan? Webster's problem to me looks like he's scared of being out injured long term and is too busy worrying about little niggles than concentrating and giving 100%

When he's on form he's one of the best in Scotland but that's not goin to help Hearts if he has a confidence issue, think it's time to get him psychologically sorted out before he becomes yet another drain on resources, he needs to man-up.

Good player, weak-willed.

Harry Palmer

Webster is our best defender by a mile, remember how good he was at Dundee Utd that season on loan? Webster's problem to me looks like he's scared of being out injured long term and is too busy worrying about little niggles than concentrating and giving 100%

When he's on form he's one of the best in Scotland but that's not goin to help Hearts if he has a confidence issue, think it's time to get him psychologically sorted out before he becomes yet another drain on resources, he needs to man-up.

Good player, weak-willed.

:rofl:

He is not our best defender.

He's a dick and should be punted.

Francis Albert

It was interesting to hear Peter Houston on the radio afterwards re Webster.

He stated he was the type of player that would not play or train if he felt the slightest niggle -- he admitted there were times he simply avoided him training with the players in practice matches and brought him into things on the Friday for team shaping sessions -- he spent a lot of the time in gymn and on the cycling machines.

Makes him a bit of a liability IMO.

don`t let his injury problems get in the way webby is a great defender but has to sort his head out surounding any knocks he may get. If JJ can`t sort it out we need to get cover for him. A new centre half is a must for us the season. I hope JJ is given money to bring one in. this could hamper a decent season for us

Makes him a bit of a liability IMO.

Players are all different -- some thrive on hard work, some don't -- as long as they maintain a level of fitness, then more or less how it is obtained is immaterial.

Perhaps we need to take a few lessons on how to keep him fit then we will benefit -- when playing and fit he is amongst the best centre backs in the SPL.

Francis Albert

Players are all different -- some thrive on hard work, some don't -- as long as they maintain a level of fitness, then more or less how it is obtained is immaterial.

Perhaps we need to take a few lessons on how to keep him fit then we will benefit -- when playing and fit he is amongst the best centre backs in the SPL.

Few players go for very long without feeling a niggle or twinge of pain. If Webster is going to retire hurt every time he does, then that makes him a bit of a liability IMO.

So who is then? Zaliukas? Never feel confident when he's near the ball. Bouzid's away, Darren Barr? This is why we need to look for another experienced centre-half.

Obviously his player-of-the-year award only two seasons ago at Utd went by you coupled with his regular decent form when he was here the 1st time around. Not interested in his spat with Vlad a few years ago but he does need to get a grip of himself if he wants to get back to where he should be.

I was told this when he played for Rangers by an Ibrox ST holder. He described it as the golf equivalent of the Yips.

All I will say is that if he only plays when it suits him, it is an utter waste of a jersey. Today JJ was restricted in his tactical approach in that we only has 2 subs left with 8 mins gone. In his defence it may be that he was not fully fit and JJ took a chance and lost.

One way or another we're not doing our chances any good.

Harry Palmer

So who is then? Zaliukas? Never feel confident when he's near the ball. Bouzid's away, Darren Barr? This is why we need to look for another experienced centre-half.

Obviously his player-of-the-year award only two seasons ago at Utd went by you coupled with his regular decent form when he was here the 1st time around. Not interested in his spat with Vlad a few years ago but he does need to get a grip of himself if he wants to get back to where he should be.

Captain Zaliukas is there when called upon. No6 is not. Both are average defenders imo. And I can disregard his form for Dungdee Utd as it's irrelevant.

I'm sure the Scotland manager was impressed at how well our defence played after the Gutless wonder went off.

Webster is by far and away our best defender.

But he is a shitebag :down:

Probably just about sums it up.

I'm not sure if he's no right in the heid or if he's just a bell-end. Either way, it ain't good and needs sorted.

Thing is, what if he is injured this time? Wolf wolf wolf!

Harry Palmer

Webster is by far and away our best defender.

No he's not.

Robbo-Jambo

We need to sign another centre back . JJ obviously thought so when he went after plug. :yucky: So with Webster looking vulnerable it leaves only Zal as a natural centre back so the need for more cover in that area is even more pressing. <_<

ToadKiller Dog

When Zal is on top form and concentrating he is up there with the best. So far with Webster we have not seen that, yes he was great at united that was a while ago now and he had the best midfield outside the uglies at the time in front of him.

Awful post.

I glad it's JJ running things at Hearts and not a muppet like you.

Awful post.

If every hearts player had websters attitude it is my opinion we would be discussing a very different result today.

From his history with hearts and what Houston has said about him I too consider him to be a dick.

Good player though.

Only a Game

Worrying comments from Peter Houston and if true then we need to sign another centre back, even if Webster was actually injured today. If he's this fragile and this precious, then he's not for us.

Ok i have the answer pay as you play if you dont play no money simple as.

Good idea but as he already has a contract and doesn't seem to fancy playing too often I don't think he'll go for it.

Harry Palmer

Awful post.

Jolly Good.

davemclaren

Worrying comments from Peter Houston and if true then we need to sign another centre back, even if Webster was actually injured today. If he's this fragile and this precious, then he's not for us.

Not that worrying given that Houston would have loved to have signed him for Utd.

Mr Webster will play more game than andy driver this season.

sshht you're boring

Webster is weak of mind and heart,Davie Weir has said all his problems are in his head.Launch the fud,even when he is fit he strolls about like a prize ******.

Captain Zaliukas is there when called upon. No6 is not. Both are average defenders imo. And I can disregard his form for Dungdee Utd as it's irrelevant.

I'm sure the Scotland manager was impressed at how well our defence played after the Gutless wonder went off.

Zaliukas has cost us more goals than any other defender before.

Webster's player-of-the-year 2009 award when he controlled their defence that season is irrelevant? A-hem!! ok!!

Doesn't matter if Levein was impressed or not,that's more irrelevant. McGowan=Australian, Mrowiec=Polish, Jonsson=Icelandic and Kello=Slovakian. He might've been impressed with Grainger, i'll give ye that.

Robbo-Jambo

Webster's player-of-the-year 2009 award when he controlled their defence that season is irrelevant? A-hem!! ok!!

Doesn't matter if Levein was impressed or not, McGowan=Australian, Mrowiec=Polish, Jonsson=Icelandic and Kello=Slovakian. He might've been impressed with Grainger, i'll give ye that.

Graingers English :P

Doesn't matter if Levein was impressed or not,that's more irrelevant. McGowan=Australian, Mrowiec=Polish, Jonsson=Icelandic and Kello=Slovakian. He might've been impressed with Grainger, i'll give ye that.

Danny Grainger=English

Edit: Beaten to it by Robbo-jambo

Archived