Rangers v Heart of Midlothian FC (Merged Threads)

Praha06

Good news for Hearts as Kyle Laffterty looks set to miss first 4 weeks of season as a result of surgery. Personally Im pleased as that guy seems to enjoy scoring against us!

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good news for Hearts as Kyle Laffterty looks set to miss first 4 weeks of season as a result of surgery. Personally Im pleased as that guy seems to enjoy scoring against us!

I thinking the same but they have other good players like Ortiz Naismith Papac and most of all Jelavic we will get a pumping but im going

rossthejambo

I thinking the same but they have other good players like Ortiz Naismith Papac and most of all Jelavic we will get a pumping but im going

Poor attitude, they're there for the taking what with Super Ally being their manager. I don't see why we can't beat them.

Will we sell out our allocation?

Hearts at Ibrox sell out no mate there will be about 50-70 i will be there though

Poor attitude, they're there for the taking what with Super Ally being their manager. I don't see why we can't beat them.

Yeah i have my thoughts about it but tbh our record at Ibrox is no good at all and theyll be thinking were for the taking

No Weir and McThug too. Who plays with Bougherra? Sutton is key imo.

Sutton will be massive for us i think he holds it up well aswell , temps will have to up his game from Sunday

I'll be watching this one up in a boozer in Kyle of Lochalsh with GCJambo and a few other folk. Interesting to see how many Huns are up that way.

Will we sell out our allocation?

was up at the TO today and we have sold out 2 of the 3 sections we are given so should hopefully take a decent support through.

Hearts at Ibrox sell out no mate there will be about 50-70 i will be there though

It would give the players a huge lift if they walked out and saw the away end full but too many fans want to watch the game in pubs etc.

I just cannot see us getting anything against them at Ibrox.Shocking record there and see no reason why it should change on Saturday.Hope Hearts prove me wrong though.

I'll be watching this one up in a boozer in Kyle of Lochalsh with GCJambo and a few other folk. Interesting to see how many Huns are up that way.

Just back from a weeks stay in Glenelg, an amazing part of the world.... Didn't see any old firm knuckle draggers.. :thumbsup:

I'm sure you'll get some slithering out from under their rocks...

Best time to get Rangers at Ibrox is first game of the season. I'm going and I'm very hopeful we will get something from the game.

Best time to get Rangers at Ibrox is first game of the season. I'm going and I'm very hopeful we will get something from the game.

We now share he same thoughts

Just back from a weeks stay in Glenelg, an amazing part of the world.... Didn't see any old firm knuckle draggers.. :thumbsup:

I'm sure you'll get some slithering out from under their rocks...

We're on our annual trip to Inverinate on the banks of Loch Duich, so it will be bus into town, few pints and then bus back out (fingers crossed anyway). I'm sure there will be a few of the unwashed scurry out their caves for the match.

chuckberryno1

Not only our record, but our pefomances in Glasgow have been extremly poor over the last few years, I think we didnt even manage a shot on target in the 0-2 defeat last year, coming after the 0-4 at Parkhead.

We do seem to have a mental block, as lesser teams in the SPL can even manage to put up a fight.

This is the best time to get Rangers, however I cannot see anything other than a 2/3- 0 Rangers, with us having been in thier half twice and managed 1 shot and 2 corners in the whole match.

I hope I am wrong, and Hearts go with a positive attitude and a spring in thier step, but we do seem to go to castle greyskull already beat.

I.m gonna put a bet on 3-1 Hearts now.

I think we will draw. We will score early doors they will score late. 1 each.

Snake Plissken

I was going to suggest a cheeky wee bet on Jamie Hamill scoring as he's done so on day one for the last three seasons when I remembered that he's suspended.

We're pish in Glasgow, I'll take a 0-0 right now.

I may well wager on 2-1 Hearts but I cant see us score any more than that and we will struggle to keep them out for the whole match. If we are going to win then it will be 2-1.

If we get a penalty :lol: then you can bank on Jamie Hamill taking it if on the pitch.

Jamie can be spot on for Hearts

Edit: Except he is suspended. :facepalm:

linkin- hearts

TBH the major part of the rangers team will be the one we've faced for the past 3 seasons, surely JJ will have worked out what's needed to beat them by now, hopeful anyway :whistling:

chuckberryno1

Maybe someone could check this, I think we have beaten Rangers twice in 7 years.

If true whats that all about?

SanliHearts

Must say i'm really optimistic about this one. First game of season and first competitive game for Sally, I think we'll win.

:verysmug:

JJ should do what he done against them in January 5 man defence of Mroweic Webster Wallace Grainger McGowan

Think i`ll just wait and see what we come up with. We know Rangers will be up for it at home, unfurling the flag etc... and one thing that is often missed by some of our own fans and is a backhanded complement , the Old Firm raise their game against us imo. And we struggle to handle that sometimes.

That`s the test for us. If there are any weaknesses in Rangers , we must spot them early and go for it. They are going to come out the traps and try and put a show on for their fans to help them forget a poor pre season so far.

If Templeton is fit i`d like to see him being fed alot to go at Whittaker whom he skinned rotten the last time we played there, albeit for the first half hour before our collapse. Spot where we can get at them and be brave.

Two of the best OF performances were against us last season, in my opinion. We didn`t turn up for the 4-0 at Parkhead but i never seen Celtic play so intensely in many other games. And Rangers 2-1 win at Tynie. You could even chuck in our 1-0 win over Rangers where they came at us in droves in the first half.

They raise their game for us and we need to make sure we are aware of that.

Hearts don't even score at Ibrox let alone win.

I have written the game off. Season starts next weekend.

Hopefully the players wont share my attitude.

It's only Monday, i'll worry about it on Saturday. This might be the best time to get them, not so much for what they do, more for if our players can actually rise to the occasion for once given our track record through there, i believe they're beat before they go on the pitch, wouldn't be so bad if Rangers were a decent side but they're gash, time the players went there with that attitude. Until Saturday, i'm not even thinking about the game.

chuckberryno1

For me the 1-0 win at Tynie was very lucky, we should have been soundly beaten that day.

You can mention brave defending, goal keeping, etc: but we should have been humped, and when speaking to Rangers fans after that win, they could not believe how bad Hearts were.

1-2 against Gers we did play well, and I agree that the old firm to play better against us and we sometimes can't cope with that.

I just cannot see us winning at Ibrox, even although this might be our best chance to do so, I do not think we have the mental strength against Rangers, although we have shown it against Celtic in s few fixtures. We just seem to have a mental block against Rangers, the performances and results show that.

Maybe someone could check this, I think we have beaten Rangers twice in 7 years.

If true whats that all about?

I can recall 4 home wins in the past 6 years. 1-0 September 2005, 2-1 in 2007, 4-2 in 2008 and 1-0 this year. Don't even want to think what our away record is though!! Was Joe Hamill 1-0 in 2003 the last time we won at their place?

chuckberryno1

I can recall 4 home wins in the past 6 years. 1-0 September 2005, 2-1 in 2007, 4-2 in 2008 and 1-0 this year. Don't even want to think what our away record is though!! Was Joe Hamill 1-0 in 2003 the last time we won at their place?

cheers

5 wins in 7 years, 6 in 7 years this weekend :D

I know a Hun who is a season ticket holder and he seems to think they have a history of drawing their opening league games, that would do me.

Best time to get them but we are going there with half our defence missing, our two best wingers missing and our main man missing from the front line.

If there's ever been a chance to beat a weak Rangers side then this is it now. Unfortunately our defence is... questionable. With Hammil out i think JJ will sadly put Jonsson at RB :( ... I think i would actually prefer Barr to play there. If Webster is unfit :rolleyes: then i expect either Barr or Jonsson, whoever isn't RB will play there, unless Mrowiec slots in. Zaliukas and Wallace hopefully fit!

Midfield i expect (not what i would choose) to be Templeton, Stevenson, Black and Taoiul. If Rudi signs i'm sure he'll be in there somewhere.

Sutton and Elliott up front.

If Webster doesn't make it then who do we stick in alongside Zaliukas? This is what is worrying me greatly at this moment in time. Jefferies was quoted yesterday as saying he feels Hearts are ready for the Rangers match on Saturday, I bloody hope so.

KillieMitch

Given their pre-season I wonder if this is actually a bad time to get them. They've been guff - not scoring at all in Germany for example. The Gers mates I work with were getting a wee bit nervy until they finally beat Linfield at the weekend. They have something to prove to the fans and I think the McCoist factor is a big one - there will be a huge reception for him there.

That said - I like Sutton's chances against that defence!

Seymour M Hersh

I just hope the manager is not doing his usual handing out of nappies to the players at the Maybury. :angry:

We always get a doin there and always go and play negatively.

Surely we have to have a right go and be positive. Rangers defence is going to be their weak area and we need to attack attack attack!!!

keep it tight for as long as we can , might have to play counter attacking first half then have a real go second the longer the game stays 0-0 ally will get more worried get a late goal to stick it to them i think we have to start with

Kello

Barr Zaliukas McGowan Grainger

Black Mroweic

Wallace Templeton

Taouil

Sutton

keep it tight for as long as we can , might have to play counter attacking first half then have a real go second the longer the game stays 0-0 ally will get more worried get a late goal

Why not just get wired in about them right from kickoff as we normally get plums at ibrox playing for draws and as its the start of the season they as will as us not be upto speed yet then maybe we could catch them cold.

Why not just get wired in about them right from kickoff as we normally get plums at ibrox playing for draws and as its the start of the season they as will as us not be upto speed yet then maybe we could catch them cold.

if we go for it right from the start we will get tired about 65 mins last season our first meeting at Tynie same thing happened loved catch them cold do that about if Taouil can get freedom in the middle of the park he can definately tire Weir out and there their for the taking as long as our defence turns up which only happens in the away games

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

JJ should do what he done against them in January 5 man defence of Mroweic Webster Wallace Grainger McGowan

keep it tight for as long as we can , might have to play counter attacking first half then have a real go second the longer the game stays 0-0 ally will get more worried get a late goal to stick it to them i think we have to start with

Kello

Barr Zaliukas McGowan Grainger

Black Mroweic

Wallace Templeton

Taouil

Sutton

:lol:. Changed your mind pretty quickly didn't you? For what it's worth though, Wallace playing right wing? We had enough of playing players out of position last year, we want to try and avoid that this year.

As for your first point about the 5 man defence. If I've remembered right, both times we went with a 5 man back line against them last season we got beat (2-1 at Tynie and 1-0 at Ibrox). When we beat them 1-0, I'm sure we changed from 4-5-1 to a tight 4-4-2 and it worked a treat. The back line you suggested wouldn't work anyway, there's no right back.

Not criticising you or anything, just picking up on a couple of things you've said.

:lol:. Changed your mind pretty quickly didn't you? For what it's worth though, Wallace playing right wing? We had enough of playing players out of position last year, we want to try and avoid that this year.

As for your first point about the 5 man defence. If I've remembered right, both times we went with a 5 man back line against them last season we got beat (2-1 at Tynie and 1-0 at Ibrox). When we beat them 1-0, I'm sure we changed from 4-5-1 to a tight 4-4-2 and it worked a treat. The back line you suggested wouldn't work anyway, there's no right back.

Not criticising you or anything, just picking up on a couple of things you've said.

Do we have anybody for RB ?

Do we have anybody for RB ?

How about Darren Barr, Eggert Jonsson or Danny Grainger?

:facepalm:

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

How about Darren Barr, Eggert Jonsson or Danny Grainger?

:facepalm:

Grainger's a left back. Has he played right back before?

Would imagine Jonsson will start at right back on Saturday.

scots civil war

never mind all the formations n shit

whos the ******* ref lads ???

Grainger's a left back. Has he played right back before?

Would imagine Jonsson will start at right back on Saturday.

Yeh I thought that actually.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

never mind all the formations n shit

whos the ******* ref lads ???

Calum Murray.

scots civil war

thanks mate,not so bad

we need webster in there

christmas tree formation for this one methinks

kello

wallace

webster