Rangers v Heart of Midlothian FC (Merged Threads)

Praha06

Ryan Gosling

I've not seen pre-season games and just going on what has been said on here - plus I'm still in tears that Rudi hasn't signed yet ... my team for Ibrox would be:

Kello

Jonsson-Zaliukas-Webster-Wallace

Black-Mrowiec

Elliott-Robinson-Templeton

Sutton

I think Taouil will play instead of Robinson but I agree with the rest.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I seem to be the only 1 that thinks playing Mrowiec in midfield against Rangers would be like playing with 10 men. Far far too slow to be effective.

I seem to be the only 1 that thinks playing Mrowiec in midfield against Rangers would be like playing with 10 men. Far far too slow to be effective.

Wouldn`t be my choice either, but thats the problem, what choice do we have? It`s one area im really disappointed in that we didn`t make more direct moves to get better players. Rudi aside.

I know we`ll give some of the young lads a chance to bed in but they are unproven. I`d have been more comfortable with them getting a chance this season if we had good, solid experience in there with them.

Attacking wise we have plenty if we look at Rudi staying and Taouil who can play more advanced but we really don`t have any out and out balanced mids who give us something solid. If anything i`d rather see Jonsson shoved back into midfield instead of Mrowiec but going on last season, especially the latter part, you could pick any one out of the two. Both were poor towards the end of last season.

You ain't the only one mate.

Really hope Adrian proves me wrong this season, but I just don't think he's good enough. Works hard and he's honest, but zero football.

He'll have good games for us where he's a rock - maybe Saturday will be one? - but generally he is not the answer. Not nearly.

As much as I love JJ, I think we lack self belief when we travel to Glasgow.

Its like we are beaten before we step on the pitch.

He needs to change this mentality within the squad and have a real go at Rangers and give THEM something to worry about instead of sitting back and trying to contain only to lose a goal and have to chase the game anyway.

I can take losing as long as we have had a real go at trying to WIN the game from the off instead of our usual defensive display.

Agree with JamboPete on this one - We always go there thinking this is the one - but sadly it's not - Again on Saturday hope it's the one

Honestly think it will be - McCoist won't finish season at Ibrox ,

Midloth_Iain

... my team for Ibrox would be:

Kello

Jonsson-Zaliukas-Webster-Grainger

Black-Mrowiec

Elliott-Robinson-Templeton

Sutton

Revised as of todays imminent Wallace move :(

How many fans are we expected to take through? I was at the ticket office yesterday and the boy said there were plenty left.

Pretty disappointed tbh, I thought with it our new signings and with it being the first game of the season we could sell out that shady little corner....

Revised as of todays imminent Wallace move :(

I have a feeling Grainger might surprise a few this season. Not basing on much more than a feeling with Danny, but I think he and Hammil are going to be fans faves. Mehdi will split opinion on occasion but I think will improve our team.

I, weirdly and certainly almost uniquely on here, have worries over Sutton. I think he might find it tough going. Hopefully not obviously!

Just all gut feelings.

Maybe lunch isn't sitting right - might be nothing!

How many fans are we expected to take through? I was at the ticket office yesterday and the boy said there were plenty left.

Pretty disappointed tbh, I thought with it our new signings and with it being the first game of the season we could sell out that shady little corner....

I think most people can't bare the place. And why should anyone go when you're cornered into one tiny section of Ibrox and considering our record there... the fans are pretty ineffective. Still, it'd be nice to see a good turnout of Hearts fans, and a HEARTS WIN.

JJ has had a habit over the years of picking players from "lesser" teams in Scotland and getting the best of them. Here's hoping Danny Grainger falls into that category. As I've said the defence worries me and Lee Wallace was one of the only players I was 100% about. Now he is gone (barring the dotting and crossing) we need players to step up. Over to you Danny.

As for the rest of the team, we really need everyone to be nailed on for Saturday. None of this pish we have seen on previous visits West.

C'mon the JTs!!!!!!

I think most people can't bare the place. And why should anyone go when you're cornered into one tiny section of Ibrox and considering our record there... the fans are pretty ineffective. Still, it'd be nice to see a good turnout of Hearts fans, and a HEARTS WIN.

To support the team? Fans are always effective by the way - when the players look over and see the corner full of maroon strips it will almost certainly give them a lift. And it's always nice to have a good sing off with they mhanky bas**rds.

To support the team? Fans are always effective by the way - when the players look over and see the corner full of maroon strips it will almost certainly give them a lift. And it's always nice to have a good sing off with they mhanky bas**rds.

True, good point. :thumbsup:

IMO the strongest side available will be:

Kello

Jonsson

Zaliukas

Webster

Grainger

Black

Stevenson

Templeton

Taouil

Elliott

Sutton

Thats not a bad side considering we still have Hamill, Suso, Kyle, Driver & Rudi to come back into the side.

Will Zal play

Will Webster play

Will Rudi play

Will Hearts Play

We had

1-2 - close game but won in injury time

1-0 - Lee Wallace won that one, but Kello kept us in it

0-1 - didn't look like scoring after they did early

0-4 - shocking - Eggy sent off - Crumbled

Sorry, I cant see us winning this one.....

heartsfc_fan

Hit them on the break with Templeton and Elliott providing balls to Sutton.

I'm not too confident <_< but I think we will score.

I can see the team being ;

Kello

Jonsson

Webster

Zaliukas ©

Grainger

Black

Obua

Mroweic

Elliott

Templeton

Sutton

Kello

Jonsson

Webster

Zaliukas ©

Grainger

Black

Obua

Mroweic

Elliott

Templeton

Sutton

we have to go something like that Taouil will play

heartsfc_fan

Kello

Jonsson

Webster

Zaliukas ©

Grainger

Black

Obua

Mroweic

Elliott

Templeton

Sutton

Taouil instead of Obua

rossthejambo

Kello

Jonsson

Webster

Zaliukas ?

Grainger

Black

Obua

Mroweic

Elliott

Templeton

Sutton

Taouil instead of Obua

Yep, not too bad a team really. Still sadly lacking in the middle of the park.

Taouil instead of Obua

I would agree with you buy have a strong feeling that JJ will play Obua instead.

We_are_the_Hearts

I would agree with you buy have a strong feeling that JJ will play Obua instead.

I think Mehdi and Obua will play but Elliott won't. WOuldn't mind this as we really need to be better at retaining posession than we were last year in Glasgow. Could see Elliott coming on.

Kello

Jonsson

Webster

Zaliukas ©

Grainger

Black

Obua

Mroweic

Elliott

Templeton

Sutton

He'll only play with one striker, so I reckon Taouil will play instead of Elliot who will be on the bench otherwise totally agree with your selection.

davemclaren

Was at the ticket office this morning and managed to get the Euro tie added to my season tickets. No Rangers tickets available though as they were watinig for them couriered from the Weeg. If you are looking for one best phone the TO first to check they are in.

I will need to pop into Gorgie on the way to the match tomorrow. :angry:

Was at the ticket office this morning and managed to get the Euro tie added to my season tickets. No Rangers tickets available though as they were watinig for them couriered from the Weeg. If you are looking for one best phone the TO first to check they are in.

I will need to pop into Gorgie on the way to the match tomorrow. :angry:

Did they say if we had sold out the allocation?

I think it will be along the lines of

Kello

Mcgowan

Zal

Webster

Grainger

Temps

Taouil

Jonsson

Black

Obua

Sutton

Johanes de Silentio

Kello

Barr - Webster - Zal - Grainger

Black

Taouil - Obua

Elliott - Temps

Sutton

? :ninja:

davemclaren

Did they say if we had sold out the allocation?

That's why they are waiting more getting couriered.

vintage1874

Kello

Barr - Webster - Zal - Grainger

Black

Taouil - Obua

Elliott - Temps

Sutton

? :ninja:

the right back position is looking like its going to be a problem when hammil is out, strange that we let jason thomson go on loan. Like you I'd have thought Barr would have done a job but looks to be lacking confidence, eggy is no right back. Think we have no option but to go with Barr I'd swap Obua for Stevo otherwise same as your team.

Johanes de Silentio

the right back position is looking like its going to be a problem when hammil is out, strange that we let jason thomson go on loan. Like you I'd have thought Barr would have done a job but looks to be lacking confidence, eggy is no right back. Think we have no option but to go with Barr I'd swap Obua for Stevo otherwise same as your team.

Aye - the right-back position is a worry - I think JJ will play Eggert there, but hopefully not - McGowan could be a good call, as Vincent Kennedy McMahon suggests.

I also think that JJ might go with Mrowiec in centre-mid.

If we are going to flood the midfield, which is likely, it would be a change to go with guys like Taouil, Obua, etc, who can control and pass the ball, rather than spoilers like Mrowiec. Stevo could be ok.

Agree. Unless Jonsson has a sudden improvement in his mentality and thinking quick, im not looking forward to him playing there. His awareness is poor. Quite often(last season) when we had to switch play from left to right when it was tight, he was found dreaming and not running into bags of space in front of him to receive the cross field ball.

These wee things make a difference. Full backs need to know when to go or when to stay, he doesn`t know either at times. He`s there to defend primarily, but he`s a football player and needs to be available alot more often when we are in possession.

The Fat Number 8

Kello

Eggert, Webster, Zal, Grainger

Black , Mrowiec

Eliott Touill Temps

Sutton

Macdonald, Stevenson, Mcgeowan, Barr, Smith, Novikovas, Obua

Would rather see Eggert in the middle with Black but can't see JJ playing Barr at RB. Obua as a centre mid! surely JJs at the wind up there!

Ribery's Face

Forgot to post earlier. went into ticket office at 1pm to get more rangers tickets (sold my last ones, canceled plans and wanted more) They said we had sold the original allocation and had just recived another section which they were trying to get in the first place but rangers refused becuase they said we wouldnt sell it. so anyone still wanting tickets for the game could go in tomorrow morning and they will still have some

Looking at our last 3 visits under JJ to Ibrox we have not scored a goal and have conceded 7.

This trying to hold out and hit on the break does not really work for us at Ibrox does it JJ?

Nothing to lose by trying a different approach (ie have a go) tomorrow, but i am sure it will be flood the midfield with the likes of Black/Mroweic/Stevenson and have Sutton up front on his own.

I'd like to see

Kello

Barr

Webster

Zaliukas

Grainger

Black/Mroweic

Robinson

Temps

Novikovas/Taouil

Sutton

Elliott

We should be making Rangers worry about us and be having a go, what we will see though is

Kello

Jonsson

Webster

Zaliukas

Grainger

Black

Mroweic

Taouil

Temps

Stevenson

Sutton

Easy home win for our big cousins 2-0

JJ's record in weegie land is shan.

Hate that 'big cousins' chat. :down:

I dreamt we win 3-0. I've had dreams with correct scores before but also had 1 or 2 way off. Make of that what you will.

I dreamt we win 3-0. I've had dreams with correct scores before but also had 1 or 2 way off. Make of that what you will.

I've had plenty dreams but none involving football....make of that what you will!:ermm:

1-0 Hearts tomorrow!:thumbsup:

Seymour M Hersh

0-0

Right now I'd take that but JJ will crap it and defend deep letting them come on to us. No doubt they'll score early first half then we''ll come out only to get caught 2 maybe 3 more times on the counter. I predict a gubbing with JJ standing on the sidelines mute with his arms folded. I also predict Webster will bottle it and claim he is still injured.

Not looking forward to tomorrow at all. Infact even though I've bough our ST's I can see the season far enough. The whole CT, Black and Wallace being sold to the ****s has just sickened me.

Id take that goal we scored against them in January tomorrow will be hard we have to attack attack attack , only bad thing our defence is shan

Id like to see us pay this fixture the respect it deserves and for JJ to stop playing to the fans by putting out attacking teams only for us to get slaughtered. Two banks of 4, a flair player and a striker.

Jambothroughandthrough

If, as most of us suspect, JJ goes with the lone striker......is Sutton the right man for that role? I'm not so sure. I'd maybe go with Elliott to start with and depending on how the game goes get Sutton on in the 2nd half. The lone striker role needs a player buzzing about/running the channels.

I'd play Obua. I really do have a feeling he might do something for us this season. I was well impressed with him in the opening 25 minutes at Ibrox last season. He found Temps for fun with a wide range of passing. And by all accounts he done well in some of the pre-season games. It appears he has the abilty to make a decent pass and this will be best used in a central midfield role alongside Black and Mroweic with Temps and Taouil playing the wide positions.

Right back is an issue and I'm not convinced Jonsson should play. I'd probably go with Barr.

My team would be:

Kello

Barr Webster Zaliukas Grainger

Black Mroweic

Taouil Obua Temps

Elliott

Harry Palmer

Ignore him.

I dreamt that we won 15-0 with Obua scoring 9, Jonsson 3(just with his hair) and Zaliukas 3. :thumbsup:

davemclaren

Forgot to post earlier. went into ticket office at 1pm to get more rangers tickets (sold my last ones, canceled plans and wanted more) They said we had sold the original allocation and had just recived another section which they were trying to get in the first place but rangers refused becuase they said we wouldnt sell it. so anyone still wanting tickets for the game could go in tomorrow morning and they will still have some

I was in at 10:30 and they hadn't arrived. Need to pop into the TO tomorrow at 10 if I want to go.

I was in at 10:30 and they hadn't arrived. Need to pop into the TO tomorrow at 10 if I want to go.

earlier than that my mates going in at 9 for his

I'm not confident that either 2Ts or Sutton will play well up front alone. I know it was only pre-season, but if Sutton plays as he did against the 'Twerps then he may as well not turn up. He was, virtually, not in the game then... what's it gonna b like for him at Ibrox?!

Can anyone confirm this as the line up

Kello

Grainger

Webster

Zal

Eggy

Mroweic

Black

Stevenson

Temps

Taouil

Sutton