Tactics for Ibrox

Howdy Doody Jambo

Howdy Doody Jambo

How refreshing would it be for Hearts to go all out with an attacking will to win approach at Ibrox on the first game of the season ,. after all the cautious negative way we have gone there over the years has not exactly been very successful .

To go out and get in their faces of what will be a nervous start for McCoist , we have the players now theres no excuse , surely we don;t have to play the one big man upfront with a mentality to hold onto nothing in the hope of snatching something

Positive formation like 4-4-2 would do for a start as opposed to the dreaded 4-5-1 , would like to see Hearts get at their defence from the off it's not as if Wallace will be playing for them alongside 40 year old Weir . They must have serious doubts about their back line !

What do we have to fear

We are the Super Hearts

I'd go with the tactics of a manager who has won the Scottish Cup, is able to say he's the most experienced gaffer in the SPL, and who has been HMFC's best manager since Tommy Walker.

Just saying.

Walter Bishop

As long as we attack and try to win i will be happy. Im convinced JJ tends to "write off" our trips to Glasgow. :whistling:

I'd go with the tactics of a manager who has won the Scottish Cup, is able to say he's the most experienced gaffer in the SPL, and who has been HMFC's best manager since Tommy Walker.

Just saying.

Mmmm, I hear what your saying and agree.

Got to say I favour a cautious approach for the first 20 mintes or so then attack them from everywhere and use players like Temps to full effect. Take the home crowd right out of the equation.

The pressure is alll on them really and I won't be at all surprised - delighted but not surprised - if we come away with a good win.

The performance matters almost as much as the result for me. A dour, lucky 1-0 win wouldn't really tell us much.

chester copperpot

Jims record aint the best at Ibrox, his teams always seem to play below par there.

I'd like to think we'd have a go, however think we'll try keep it tight and possibly hit them on the break. With the speed we have coming down the flanks now, If we start with this line up in Glasgow, we should be fairly safe.

Kello

Hamill Zaliukas Webster Wallace

girvanjambo

Just saying.

Agree JJ is an excellent manager, but too many times recently we've gone to either Greyskull or Darkheid with reasonable expectations and ended up horsed. Lets get right intae them.

flag2.gif

It's gonna be a big ask, that's for sure. The fact that it's McCoist's first game in charge, there's the unveiling of the league flag, and that it's their first home game of the season adds up to it being a harder trip than usual. I agree that trying to silence the crowd early on and frustrate them would be a good approach, but I'm sure JJ will have a plan up his sleeve. In JJ we trust! B)

maroonshrew

How refreshing would it be for Hearts to go all out with an attacking will to win approach at Ibrox on the first game of the season ,. after all the cautious negative way we have gone there over the years has not exactly been very successful .

To go out and get in their faces of what will be a nervous start for McCoist , we have the players now theres no excuse , surely we don;t have to play the one big man upfront with a mentality to hold onto nothing in the hope of snatching something

Positive formation like 4-4-2 would do for a start as opposed to the dreaded 4-5-1 , would like to see Hearts get at their defence from the off it's not as if Wallace will be playing for them alongside 40 year old Weir . They must have serious doubts about their back line !

What do we have to fear

We are the Super Hearts

That 'dreaded 4-5-1' was responsible for our fantastic league run last season including beating both the old firm, whereas our positive 4-4-2 with two wingers got us beaten and conceding far too many goals. A 4-5-1 isnt a negative formation. It adapts straight into a 4-3-3 especially when the wide men ar eplayers like Templeton and Elliott an the midfield 3 includes someone like Skacel or Taouil.

West Jambo

That 'dreaded 4-5-1' was responsible for our fantastic league run last season including beating both the old firm, whereas our positive 4-4-2 with two wingers got us beaten and conceding far too many goals. A 4-5-1 isnt a negative formation. It adapts straight into a 4-3-3 especially when the wide men ar eplayers like Templeton and Elliott an the midfield 3 includes someone like Skacel or Taouil.

This! Sutton with temps and elliott either side and taouil or rudi behind (prob taouil) should stil give plenty going forward while allowing 2 deeper midfielders to protect back 4.

Jambof3tornado

I think we should just stick to playing fm11 and let JJ worry about the tactics!

wright1989

Agree JJ is an excellent manager, but too many times recently we've gone to either Greyskull or Darkheid with reasonable expectations and ended up horsed. Lets get right intae them.

flag2.gif

AND WY DOO THUNK WE GIT HAMMERED? :facepalm:

I can help but think of a toddler trying to fit a square object through a triangle slot on his shape box, they persist and persist getting angry as the try over and over again.

If we go out and try to match the Old Firm we'll get taken apart as proved on many occasions.

portobellojambo1

A dour, lucky 1-0 win wouldn't really tell us much.

Would tell me we had gone to Ibrox and picked up 3 points, and that would do perfectly for me. When in Glasgow it is all about trying to secure wins, irrespective of how it is done. If we can do it playing with a bit style fine, if we do it in a dour manner, with the same end result, I ain't going to complain about it.

IMA MAROON

It will be as hard as it ever is, the best teams in the world find it hard to win in Glasgow.

Would tell me we had gone to Ibrox and picked up 3 points, and that would do perfectly for me. When in Glasgow it is all about trying to secure wins, irrespective of how it is done. If we can do it playing with a bit style fine, if we do it in a dour manner, with the same end result, I ain't going to complain about it.

Damn straight!

wright1989

:spoton:

It will be as hard as it ever is, the best teams in the world find it hard to win in Glasgow.

They may find it hard but it doesn't stop them being successful. Didn't we all enjoy Rangers losing 4-1 at Ibrox on a consistent basis not that long ago.

Do take your point that it's not easy, but it's far from impossible.

Napoleon  Wilson

If by some bionic man miracle and Kyle is fit i would play him and Sutton upfront and batter Rangers.

1st game under a new manager?

I say maximum attack. They're there for the taking imo.

Tommy Walker

Got to say I favour a cautious approach for the first 20 mintes or so then attack them from everywhere and use players like Temps to full effect. Take the home crowd right out of the equation.

The pressure is alll on them really and I won't be at all surprised - delighted but not surprised - if we come away with a good win.

The performance matters almost as much as the result for me. A dour, lucky 1-0 win wouldn't really tell us much.

Why wait 20 mins ?

Why not attack from the start and rattle them and the home 'support' ?

It's the first game of the season, against the current buns (sorry...champions), in their own backyard.

Few expect Hearts to win so why not have a go at them from the start

...little downside and lots of upside.

Best

TW

Jims record aint the best at Ibrox, his teams always seem to play below par there.

I'd like to think we'd have a go, however think we'll try keep it tight and possibly hit them on the break. With the speed we have coming down the flanks now, If we start with this line up in Glasgow, we should be fairly safe.

Kello

Would we not be better with 11 on the pitch. :thumbsup:

Well even the Hobos managed to win 3-0 at Ibrox!

That was just a fluke, they defended for about 80 minutes and scored three "good" goals on the break mainly due to the pace of a certain wide player they have recently re-signed.

I suppose we could try a similar tactic but I think we will do well to get a draw.

Kello

I also am optomistic but think it best we start with 11 players and maybe start to take some players of when we are about 5 up.

That was just a fluke, they defended for about 80 minutes and scored three "good" goals on the break mainly due to the pace of a certain wide player they have recently re-signed.

I suppose we could try a similar tactic but I think we will do well to get a draw.

I think he was referring to their 3-0 win at Ibrox this season, the same night as we beat Celtic 2-0 at Tynie.

I think he was referring to their 3-0 win at Ibrox this season, the same night as we beat Celtic 2-0 at Tynie.

Don't remember that I must have been on holiday or maybe it's just my age :rolleyes:

Only a Game

I think you have to spend some time at Ibrox ( and Parkhead) simply finding your feet, keeping the ball, marking your men and frustrating them. Our problem in the past IMO was that we thought we could do that for a whole game and get away with it.

At some stage when the frustration has set in youve got to start to try and hurt them, you have to move on from just sitting frustrating them to actually giving them something to worry about of their own.

Youve got that middle part of the game to get your nose in front. By all means sit in for the last 20 minutes if youve gone ahead because they are going to come at you and you'll have to hang on.

To sum up, its essential that at some stage of the game we go and try and do something about winning it. We wont be able to go there for 90 minutes and sit because its inevitable that they will score at some stage of that strategy.

If we get beat having tried to win it AND done something positive about trying to win it, then no complaints from me. If we get beat trying to hold out for 90 minutes then to me that is a serious flaw with the manager.

I'd take a draw every time of course but if we can go there and draw its not a stretch to imagine we can go there and win.

fabienleclerq

Play csaba's tactics, he seemed to get good performances v ythe old firm.

IMA MAROON

They may find it hard but it doesn't stop them being successful. Didn't we all enjoy Rangers losing 4-1 at Ibrox on a consistent basis not that long ago.

Do take your point that it's not easy, but it's far from impossible.

Man Utd only won 1-0 at Ibrox, Barca only got a draw.

We lose in Glasgow and we will have the same old chat about how we would have won if we went all out attack. It is garbage. Better teams than us struggle.

Rip yer arm off for a draw right now - our record at Ibronx is appalling!

Man Utd only won 1-0 at Ibrox, Barca only got a draw.

We lose in Glasgow and we will have the same old chat about how we would have won if we went all out attack. It is garbage. Better teams than us struggle.

I see what you are getting at, but Rangers would approach those games differently than the average domestic game. The home crowd would expect Rangers to attack In most games, where as against Barca, they would acknowledge that a more defensive set up is required to avoid a thrashing.

Rangers will attack us from the start, which means they might get caught on the break. Maybe play with Temps through the middle to latch on to through balls, catching out Weir with his lack of pace. JJ did this with magic in 96, and we all know what happened then :verysmug:

tactics for ibrox?

turn up and try to play football fairly, and hope that we enjoy a rare level playing field. then either celebrate a good result or happily accept defeat gracefully.

Ron Burgundy

As usual away to the infirm we'll concentrate more on stopping them than playing ourselves.Way too much respect given to these barstewards.As has been mentioned J J has an atrocious record against the grueseome twosome.

Hope that we dont Get any of the following refs

Iain Brines

Willie Collum

Craig Thomson

if we avoid these refs then we have a fair chance of staying with 10 men the whole 90 mins and during that you have to start with this Line up for pace and height

Kello

Hamill

Webster

Zaliukas

Grainger

Wallace

Obua

Skacel

Templeton

S.Elliott

Sutton

Very hard to judge what to do on a season opener. Just be positive. The management can`t win anyway. If they try to play it tight and get beat, they get moaned at for not being positive enough. And if they open up and the same thing happens they get moaned at for not being shrewder and keeping things tight.

I thought we had a very good first half hour before it went boobies up there the last time. If we are to knock down doors we need to believe we can win(players) and nurture a mentality to compete for 90 minutes, or 95 depending what the score is :whistling:

That`s the problem. Sometimes we are in the game for a long time but don`t make the first move. Then if Rangers score we seem to lose composure too easy and crumble. Need to be stronger than that.

Hope that we dont Get any of the following refs

Iain Brines

Willie Collum

Craig Thomson

if we avoid these refs then we have a fair chance of staying with 10 men the whole 90 mins and during that you have to start with this Line up for pace and height

Kello

Hamill

Webster

Zaliukas

Grainger

Wallace

Obua

Skacel

Templeton

S.Elliott

Sutton

I would prefer if we had 11 men for the 90 minutes :whistling:

Pele = Mehdi Taouil.

Easy.

der hun broke pele's ribs and still he played on.

will der hun do the same to... mehle? :smuggy:

rudi must stay

The tactics should be a mixture of defending/attacking. We'll never outscore them IMO due to the amount of chances they create at home, but we could definately hit them on the counter attack with the pace we have in the team (Templeton, Taouil, Wallace)

Archived