News Of The World....(merged topics)

RoyCropper

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the allegations are proved then prison sentences need to be given out for serious obstruction.

The Old Tolbooth

This is why that utter abortion of a newspaper should be shut down, they have absolutely no scruples whatsoever and think absolutely nothing of ruining peoples lives, utter veminous scum! :angry:

shaun.lawson

******* hell. Just ******* hell. What sort of ******* world is this? :(

Someone close this publication down, please. :angry:

Unbelievable. yet quite believable from that toilet of a Rag.

As someone else said, prison sentences must be handed out to whoever is responsible.

This is the Sunday edition of a paper that claims they made us suspend Thommo :facepalm:

Parasites, the lot of them.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

What's really sad about this story, is I'm not surprised in the slightest.

Absolute vermin. As is anyone who is aware of this, and continues to contribute to this rag's existence.

It would be sweet irony if some of the nonce-bashers that the NOTW seems to appeal to were to turn on the likes of Mulcaire and Wade.

If i had the money I'd spend time entrapping the reporters that get up to this nonsense, maybe not clever but repaying the misery they cause would give me some satisfaction :thumbsup: oh and if found guilty a few yr in the Jail :woot: but no for me them likes :lol:

jambos are go!

This is truly disgusting So is the cowardice shown by most political parties and the Police to address this abomination in case NewsCorp start looking for skeletons in their cupboards.

shaun.lawson

This is truly disgusting So is the cowardice shown by most political parties and the Police to address this abomination in case NewsCorp start looking for skeletons in their cupboards.

Absolutely spot on. :Agree:

Can they sink any lower. ?

Never bought the NOTW... not good enough to be loo paper..

Can they sink any lower. ?

Never bought the NOTW... not good enough to be loo paper..

My Old Man would buy it many moons ago it was Loo paper i needed after reading it :ninja:

I P Knightley

Tam's Bird - I think they can. The Evening Standard today is reporting that they tapped Colin Stagg's phone in 2000, six years after he was cleared and one year before any other tapping up to which they'd admitted.

Not only are the NotW and all who sail in her completely without any shred of decency, the Metropolitan Police have been dragging their heels and making a (possibly) deliberate pig's breakfast of the investigation into the allegations. Is, as the Private Eye would ahve me believe, the polis have been, at the very least, turning a blind eye to NotW's shenanigans, there's a potential allegation that the NotW have been doing the dirty work of the polis in digging into Stagg's calls. Also, there's a suggestions that NotW have picked up enough juice on senior coppers to ensure that the smokescreen can be maintained.

I get the feeling I should be rambling more and cutting & pasting from obscure journals, interspersing with random smilies.

Tam's Bird - I think they can. The Evening Standard today is reporting that they tapped Colin Stagg's phone in 2000, six years after he was cleared and one year before any other tapping up to which they'd admitted.

Not only are the NotW and all who sail in her completely without any shred of decency, the Metropolitan Police have been dragging their heels and making a (possibly) deliberate pig's breakfast of the investigation into the allegations. Is, as the Private Eye would ahve me believe, the polis have been, at the very least, turning a blind eye to NotW's shenanigans, there's a potential allegation that the NotW have been doing the dirty work of the polis in digging into Stagg's calls. Also, there's a suggestions that NotW have picked up enough juice on senior coppers to ensure that the smokescreen can be maintained.

I get the feeling I should be rambling more and cutting & pasting from obscure journals, interspersing with random smilies.

Having worked in London for 4 years, closely with The Met, your assertion that they dragged their heels wouldn't surprise me. The remainder of what you have said sounds far fetched, but again wouldn't surprise me.

Newspapers have been writing lies for centuries with little recall as they are all powerful and backed by political parties. The Daily Ranger done a story about me 20 years ago which was downright lies but to take them on would have been expensive and gave them the green light to dig into my personal life.

They are a bit like criminal lawyers, men with no scruples who would sell their granny for a ?1. :angry:

Say What Again

A sad day :(

I wish they'd stuck to vice dens and gay vicars. I looked forward to my Sunday morning, hungover read.

Even more devastating to hear the problem page has gone downhill too.

davemclaren

Having worked in London for 4 years, closely with The Met, your assertion that they dragged their heels wouldn't surprise me. The remainder of what you have said sounds far fetched, but again wouldn't surprise me.

Newspapers have been writing lies for centuries with little recall as they are all powerful and backed by political parties. The Daily Ranger done a story about me 20 years ago which was downright lies but to take them on would have been expensive and gave them the green light to dig into my personal life.

They are a bit like criminal lawyers, men with no scruples who would sell their granny for a ?1. :angry:

You can't leave that hanging like that. :blink:

Geoff Kilpatrick

The Screws getting screwed. Amusing!

I wonder if anyone was daft enough to pay for their shitty website?

scott herbertson

I can't believe that they can get away with this. Must be a way to close them down for this

simply criminal and absolutely immoral and unethical

If true, it is one of the most despicable and disgusting things that a newspaper has done and those involved should be jailed for a very long time.

To think the newspaper group has a cheek to lecture others, including Hearts, on morals. I no of no person or organisation who would stoop this low, other than the rapists and murderers themselves. If true, they are no better.

If proven, they should be closed down with immediate effect.

Hacking into celebs phones is one thing, but this really is absolutely sick.

I dont actually see how its much different to tapping a celebrities phone. Folk should have gone to jail already. Anyone who tells you that Britain isnt corrupt to the core is in dreamland.

I dont actually see how its much different to tapping a celebrities phone. Folk should have gone to jail already. Anyone who tells you that Britain isnt corrupt to the core is in dreamland.

They shouldn't do it at all, you are right, but to do it to a missing girl, possibly risking her life and/or jeopardising the police investigation is truly disgusting.

The Gasman

They shouldn't do it at all, you are right, but to do it to a missing girl, possibly risking her life and/or jeopardising the police investigation is truly disgusting.

Saved me typing this! :thumb:

I also should have said that the folk at the top should have gone to jail. Only the plebs have been jailed.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Despicable. Those responsible should go to jail. Those who buy the NOTW or The Sun should be ashamed of themselves today. What will it take to stop giving these people the money and influence they need?

A bit awkward for the Sun tomorrow, having to not do a large piece on the biggest news story of the day.

Up till now we have probably been dealing with celebs, privacy, and legal rangles of that nature, however as you suggest

they have surely stepped into the realms of obstructing a police investigation here ?

I dont buy the Sun/NOTW anyway,but this is pretty disturbing :down:

Its funny to me,they love to publish peoples personal lives and love to tell everybody about footballer's affairs/meetings with hookers. But i wonder how many of these reporters have done these kind of things in their personal lives.......

jambos are go!

Just watched reviews of tomorrows papers on the news channels. Not one of the tabloids has this huge story on their front page. I wonder why - could it be that they are all up to their ears in phone hacking. Aye and it took the Telegraph and the Guardian to expose MPs expenses and the phone hacking story.

Armageddon

It did. Messages were deleted from her voice mail which made everybody think she was still alive and not in any danger as she would have called home if she had the time to access, listen and delete her messages.

This is the worst part of the whole phone tapping for me.

Nail the hell out of them please ... and bugger all those sent to prison.

A bit awkward for the Sun tomorrow, having to not do a large piece on the biggest news story of the day.

They have kept the revelations off the front page(as have other Redtops) and have concentrated on Ashley and Cheryll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont buy the Sun/NOTW anyway,but this is pretty disturbing :down:

Its funny to me,they love to publish peoples personal lives and love to tell everybody about footballer's affairs/meetings with hookers. But i wonder how many of these reporters have done these kind of things in their personal lives.......

"our reporter made his excuses and left"....never did buy that line.

Seriously, I was utterly sickened when I read about this. Apparently standard practice at news of the screws was to hire a private investigator to get them stories even on victims like Milly Dowler and her family. Their illegal hacking and deletion of messages off her voicemail not only potentially messed with any criminal inquiry, it also gave the poor family hope that Milly was still alive. :(

Someone at the top should pay for that, rather than making sacrificial lambs of a few more plebs at the bottom. An absolutely vile organisation. :down:

I P Knightley

They have steadfastly avoided reporting anything on the phone tapping scandal since it broke. As has The Times - also owned by Rupert Murdoch. I'd imagine the coverage on Sky News is pretty scant as well...

I doubt it - they regularly ignore the major stories and instead focus on the crap that their cretinous readers lap up, instead.

Anyway, some NOTW-related news re Tommy S.

My link

You can't leave that hanging like that. :blink:

I can. Why bother repeating lies twice.Dont be so nosey Dave. Buy me a beer and I may tell you. My mother told me it would be tomorrows chip poke.

Here is tomorrows chip poke by the way.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/

As Tazio said no mention of the number one story.

Boaby Ewing

I can. Why bother repeating lies twice.Dont be so nosey Dave. Buy me a beer and I may tell you. My mother told me it would be tomorrows chip poke.

Here is tomorrows chip poke by the way.

http://www.thesun.co.../homepage/news/

As Tazio said no mention of the number one story.

Odious shower that they are that's a cracking headline. ninja.gif

What intrigues me about this story is that it was reported in the Guardian weeks ago. There was no moral outrage at the time , no righteous indignation from anyone in the media , TV or radio. And now ? Everyone is on the bandwagon.

This has been the story for the last 5 years since the Guardian first broke the story about Wills & Harry having their phones hacked. No one in the media said anything and the papers kept quiet. And it's clear why now , especially for those of us who have seen the Hugh Grant article on the web : every paper (red top) was it it on an industrial scale. The guy Grant entrapped (how fitting) actually alleged The Daily Mail was the worst of the lot.

Add to that the involvement of the Met - is John Precott still trying for a judicial review of their disgraceful handling of this case ? He was at it full steam last night on 5 Live.

Governments in this country (especially Labour) are sh1t scared of the press and that's why nothing is ever done about invasion of privacy.

The NOTW have behaved disgracefuly , regardless of the latest allegations , and they have done so safe in the knowledge that they are untouchable - especially the NOTW/SUN/Sky triumvirate.

When all the outrage dies down , it will still be the top selling Sunday sex rag which will still be sold from the moral high ground of campaigning journalism. I want to be sick.

Heartless, moralles, lowlifes. Disgusting how far these tabloid hacks will go for a story. They have no shame. Unfortunately all the dimwits in Britain will carry on buying and reading it, undeterred.

Glamorgan Jambo

What intrigues me about this story is that it was reported in the Guardian weeks ago. There was no moral outrage at the time , no righteous indignation from anyone in the media , TV or radio. And now ? Everyone is on the bandwagon.

Could it be that these fine and upstanding broadsheets are trying to interfere with the imminent ruling on the potential News International/BSkyB takeover?

PS Doesn't make what happened any less disgusting.

The Fleet Street Fox has a few things to say about it and while I normally agree with much of what she writes (or some of it!) this blog entry doesn't sit well with me.

http://www.fleetstreetfox.com/2011/07/gulag-anyone.html

The public expect it? I don't know about that. The public expect salacious gossip from certain news titles but I dare say it doesn't often occur to them to think too much about where that gossip came from or how the journalists managed to get a hold of it. Even then, the message running through this blog entry is that tabloid journalists seem to think they live in some sort of weird bubble where laws just don't really apply. I can understand why some might question the efficiency of the police from time to time but the fact remains, it's their job to investigate these things, not the tabloids. They're there to report the news (allegedly) but most importantly, to find enough grubby crap in order to sell lots of papers to people who appreciate a bit of grubby crap. They're not bloody superheroes, they're pretty much just sleazemongers.

Doing the morally correct or ethical thing? Hmeh. Who are they trying to kid?

I P Knightley

Could it be that these fine and upstanding broadsheets are trying to interfere with the imminent ruling on the potential News International/BSkyB takeover?

PS Doesn't make what happened any less disgusting.

They may be doing so but somebody needs to. Yes, the Grauniad & the BBC have got vested interests in seeing the takeover scuppered but a journal like Private Eye which may even have pre-dated the Grauniad with its reporting of the matter really doesn't and is pursuing the story as a matter of genuine concern.

As mentioned earlier, there is a very strong possibility that this runs right through government, the police, possibly the judiciary are running scared since the NotW hounds have picked up skeletons in very many closets. Murdoch runs a ruthless empire and would not be afraid to call on any means to protect it. He's tried sacking Rebekah Brooks once to cover the trail - I can't imagine she'll get off with it much longer. Thing is, she'll still retire with a very healthy bag of hush money pension fund.

Archived