Seen this on an othersite , New Ground

desmondo

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
davemclaren

Why do the Hobos always seem to get get the good ideas? :whistling:

Is that still a flood plain? :mellow:

Eh no thanks.....looks like middlsborough's ground and looks to far away from the pitch. Ohh and murrayfield arena ?

Why do the Hobos always seem to get get the good ideas? :whistling:

Is that still a flood plain? :mellow:

Roseburn Park is designed to contain flood water, I can't remember the practice pitches ever flooding.

davemclaren

Eh no thanks.....looks like middlsborough's ground and looks to far away from the pitch. Ohh and murrayfield arena ?

Yes, we can afford to be really picky given the noises from our leader. :unsure:

:what:

If it's come from a hibs site and the ground is called Murrayfield then there is a very high chance this is a hoax. I don't see why it would be leaked to the Hobos first. However, were it to be genuine, I would be quite happy with bothe the location and the design. still walking distance from the diggers.

Independence

Roseburn Park is designed to contain flood water, I can't remember the practice pitches ever flooding.

Never mind the practice pitches, Murrayfield Stadium has been flooded ! Once the water was knee high at the centre spot, not so long ago either.

That been said I think there has been a lot of flood prevention measure put in place now.

Stadium looks terrific and location superb. Loads of parking.

HeartsBore1874

would this explain hearts statement at the agm and elsewhere that a new stadium if built will be within walking distance from tynecastle?

davemclaren

If it's come from a hibs site and the ground is called Murrayfield then there is a very high chance this is a hoax. I don't see why it would be leaked to the Hobos first. However, were it to be genuine, I would be quite happy with bothe the location and the design. still walking distance from the diggers.

Pretty elabrate hoax, but they can be obsessive I agree. :geek:

Benny Factor

Never mind the practice pitches, Murrayfield Stadium has been flooded ! Once the water was knee high at the centre spot, not so long ago either.

That been said I think there has been a lot of flood prevention measure put in place now.

_726693_sru300.jpg

Was 11 years ago though.

It was first posted on a Hearts site I'm now told, Gorgie Loyal, just checked hard to tell the authenticity TBH

Maybe they have then. :lol:

I was 10 the last time there was a big flood down Riversdale and Roseburn, I just remember the water in the park being almost waist deep.

It was first posted on a Hearts site I'm now told, Gorgie Loyal, just checked hard to tell the authenticity TBH

Hopefully the club will verify this as a possibility. I know we would all be gutted about leaving Tynecastle but this looks like a much better options than Straiton, Sighthill, the greenbelt or going out of existence.

jamboinglasgow

Thats because the picture at the bottom is Middlesbrough's stadium. Looks like someone notched that up (the main picture must have taken a while to do) so I am sure its a fake sorry.

Here is the original of the picture used

MMIDDLESBOROUGH.jpg

peter_hmfc

Well that's that sorted then. :(

Thank god, looked like the typical copy/paste, generic, "Standard English Championship Stadium #1". A nice idea to have it next to Murrayfield though.

I noticed though that it was next to the Water Of LEITH, that'd go down well.

fabienleclerq

Am i wrong or are we proposing selling Tynie to raise money to build a stadium on cheaper ground? Would that land not be more expensive?

KillieMitch

Am i wrong or are we proposing selling Tynie to raise money to build a stadium on cheaper ground? Would that land not be more expensive?

St Mirren made an absolute fortune selling the land because a supermarket wanted it. Can be a good way to go. Mind you there's always the worry you get a soul-less place out of it. Haven't been to St Mirren myself but friends who have says it feels pokey and lifeless. Tynecastle is a great place to watch football. Too steep mind - I still bear the scars of Naismith equalising in the last minute of a cup tie and me tumbling down six rows in celebration.

fabienleclerq

St Mirren made an absolute fortune selling the land because a supermarket wanted it. Can be a good way to go. Mind you there's always the worry you get a soul-less place out of it. Haven't been to St Mirren myself but friends who have says it feels pokey and lifeless. Tynecastle is a great place to watch football. Too steep mind - I still bear the scars of Naismith equalising in the last minute of a cup tie and me tumbling down six rows in celebration.

But was st mirrens ground not on more valuable land than their new one hence clearing their debts? this one would be in

murrayfield which is more expensive than gorgie.Tynecastle is great for atmosphere, hopefully we keep the steep stands if we move. :thumbsup:

But was st mirrens ground not on more valuable land than their new one hence clearing their debts? this one would be in

murrayfield which is more expensive than gorgie.Tynecastle is great for atmosphere, hopefully we keep the steep stands if we move. :thumbsup:

Perhaps given the stadium is meant to be multi purpose and likely house Edinburgh Rugby matches, then the land would more be given away to a company which would build an operate the stadium, which would be partly owned by HMFC and the SRU, rather than them selling the land to Hearts.

Just a thought

fabienleclerq

Perhaps given the stadium is meant to be multi purpose and likely house Edinburgh Rugby matches, then the land would more be given away to a company which would build an operate the stadium, which would be partly owned by HMFC and the SRU, rather than them selling the land to Hearts.

Just a thought

Your probably right, just thought we would own the ground or majority of it. Cant see them just giving the land away though!!

VR will bring the debt down to a level where he will sell the stadium and leave us debt free but homeless - hence the SDM option.

Independence

VR will bring the debt down to a level where he will sell the stadium and leave us debt free but homeless - hence the SDM option.

Sorry I dont understand your comment can you expand please ?

kennyblack'sshot

First thing that came into my head when I read that was "Why?"

Why buy a club, cancel the sale of the ground during a property boom, pour money into it in the form of debt write-off, operating costs and wages, not to mention getting fined every season for speaking "out of turn", only to bring down the debt to the level it was when he took over and sell the ground for less than it was worth when he took over?

Or is it simply a case of he can't redevelop Tynie now so this is the next best option?

I think he likes owning football clubs as much as he likes owning private jets - it's a plaything rather than a business - and originally wanted to develop the club and challenge the OF and believed he could do it (but reckoned without the refs, council, SFA, media etc here - collectively known as the "mafia") and now he still wants to develop the club - but for different reasons. He simply wants to make the OF, the media and the SFA eat their words - hence slapping a ?2m premium on Lee Wallace for Glasgow buyers. I'm not sure Vlad's a quitter, so if you're suggesting this is an exit strategy, I'm not so sure.

Romanov wants parity between the club's debt levels and the potential value of Tynecastle. The club are looking at new stadium options funded, or at least partially, by outside backers, housing developers, supermarkets etc.

We move into a new stadium at a site around the city that has other comertial value such as housing or shops and we will, at best, own a percentage of any new stadium and pay rent to our partners in this project.

We sell Tynecastle, clear the debt and Romanov puts a debt free club on the market, albeit one with no tangible assets, looking for a buyer as soon as he can.

shaun.lawson

It's obvious. This much has been apparent ever since the tie-in with SDM's project was first floated last autumn; and that the recent questionnaire made no mention of remaining at Tynecastle was only further confirmation of what's going on. Further DFE swaps will bring the debt down to the same level as Tynie's valuation; but UEFA's new rules on financial fair play mean Vlad can't keep pumping money in just so we break even, and he's not getting any younger either.

Time, in other words, for Plan B - and some sort of exit strategy which hopefully leaves us debt free and with a bright future.

It's obvious. This much has been apparent ever since the tie-in with SDM's project was first floated last autumn; and that the recent questionnaire made no mention of remaining at Tynecastle was only further confirmation of what's going on. Further DFE swaps will bring the debt down to the same level as Tynie's valuation; but UEFA's new rules on financial fair play mean Vlad can't keep pumping money in just so we break even, and he's not getting any younger either.

Time, in other words, for Plan B - and some sort of exit strategy which hopefully leaves us debt free and with a bright future.

I think we've both grasped the situation here Shaun, but my post-Romanov picture isn't as rosy as yours it would seem. This isn't a 'What's best for Hearts' plan, this is 'How can I get my money out as soon as possible without taking a massive loss'.

The Romanov project has hit some big bumps, the overspending at the start and the redevelopment plans that were just too complex and fraught with difficulties to actually happen. He knows where the ceiling is, and whatever his intentions were about turning Hearts into a bigger and better club, they're now on the scrap because of all these obstacles. Getting us debt free, but leaving us in the lurch, and taking us away from a ground that we'll never be able to get back to.

shaun.lawson

I think we've both grasped the situation here Shaun, but my post-Romanov picture isn't as rosy as yours it would seem. This isn't a 'What's best for Hearts' plan, this is 'How can I get my money out as soon as possible without taking a massive loss'.

The Romanov project has hit some big bumps, the overspending at the start and the redevelopment plans that were just too complex and fraught with difficulties to actually happen. He knows where the ceiling is, and whatever his intentions were about turning Hearts into a bigger and better club, they're now on the scrap because of all these obstacles. Getting us debt free, but leaving us in the lurch, and taking us away from a ground that we'll never be able to get back to.

I actually think it's both, and have always believed his ego wouldn't allow him to leave us in the lurch. But by the same token, that we've had very serious long term challenges ahead has been obvious for ages, and these challenges have yet to be properly addressed: hence where we find ourselves now.

We are where we are, LP: we got into this mess under Romanov's predecessor, have done next to nothing about it since, have a crippling debt level, and an unsustainable future at a ground which prevents the club growing, has a Main Stand which desperately needs replacing, and which UEFA may soon rule unfit to stage European ties. Did people think we could just keep losing millions every year forever with no consequences for the club, or something? :mellow:

Just a thought

Exactly my thoughts. This is a combined Edinburgh Rugby stadium and we make our money by selling Tynecastle, get a 99 year lease on the land and a split deal with SRU to build the new stadium. That financial model is not unusual, the land may even be free. Does anyone know who the current land owner is?

I actually think it's both, and have always believed his ego wouldn't allow him to leave us in the lurch. But by the same token, that we've had very serious long term challenges ahead has been obvious for ages, and these challenges have yet to be properly addressed: hence where we find ourselves now.

We are where we are, LP: we got into this mess under Romanov's predecessor, have done next to nothing about it since, have a crippling debt level, and an unsustainable future at a ground which prevents the club growing, has a Main Stand which desperately needs replacing, and which UEFA may soon rule unfit to stage European ties. Did people think we could just keep losing millions every year forever with no consequences for the club, or something? :mellow:

Yes, that idea was clearly ridiculous. When it comes to the Tynecastle redevelopment, it's really 'shit or get off the toilet' time, it's clearly not viable so the only alternative is to move. But where can we move to, we've got ?25M (give or take) worth of debt that's looking to be reduced and no capital to put towards a new ground. So we look for backing to build a new ground and lease it from some dodgy arsehole like David Murray.

The route we're going down is the only one open to us, and I've accepted that as an inevitability, we can't continue the way we are even with cutbacks that've happened for the last couple of years. It doesn't mean I've got to like it, and certainly doesn't mean our future is secure after we've moved.

shaun.lawson

Yes, that idea was clearly ridiculous. When it comes to the Tynecastle redevelopment, it's really 'shit or get off the toilet' time, it's clearly not viable so the only alternative is to move. But where can we move to, we've got ?25M (give or take) worth of debt that's looking to be reduced and no capital to put towards a new ground.

The route we're going down is the only one open to us, and I've accepted that as an inevitability, we can't continue the way we are even with cutbacks that've happened for the last couple of years. It doesn't mean I've got to like it, and certainly doesn't mean our future is secure after we've moved.

All very true: unhappily so. :(

The Reporter

The growing realisation among many supporters is that Romanov is looking at recouping his ?25m from the sale of Tynecastle and dumping Hearts FC into a groundshare with Edinburgh Rugby, to pay rent evermore ... and is merely going through the motions of consulting fans over a move from Tynecastle.

With the recent 'debt-for-equity' giving him another 100 million shares and over 95% .... he can do what he pleases.

The growing realisation among many supporters is that Romanov is looking at recouping his ?25m from the sale of Tynecastle and dumping Hearts FC into a groundshare with Edinburgh Rugby, to pay rent evermore ... and is merely going through the motions of consulting fans over a move from Tynecastle.

With the recent 'debt-for-equity' giving him another 100 million shares and over 95% .... he can do what he pleases.

Are you the guy that made an arse of himself on P&B? laugh.gif

The Reporter

I read on another forum that the mock-up sketch presentation of the proposed new stadium shows Middlesbro's Riverside to show a 'bowl' design roof and may have been confusing.

To be clear ... this presentation WAS NOT DONE for Romanov. He knows nothing about it.

The stadium would actually be a replica of the new 25,000 capacity Darlington FC stadium built by Hall Construction in Durham ... who also built the new East Stand at Easter Road last year.

The final design can be anything ... it's the superb location on the Murrayfield back pitches which is the exciting and best solution for us. The SRU are cash-strapped and won't be tough to deal with if Romanov takes the stadium to recoup his ?25m and disappear back to Lithuania for good .... and sells his entire shareholding in a debt-free Club to a 'Hearts Group' of real Hearts people waiting for his decision.

I have also been advised by the 'Hearts Group' that if Romanov keeps Tynecastle and transfers his 144 million Club shares ... that the new stadium at Murrayfield will go ahead that it WILL DEFINITELY be called TYNECASTLE STADIUM.

He's been able to 'do what he pleases' since 2005 as the major creditor and shareholder since then. Owning property only holds the esteem it does in the UK only. Many major corporations operating in the UK do not own the property they operate in. If Hearts can come to a deal with a 3rd party that sees the club get a new stadium and significantly reduce the debt exposure, from a purely business perspective, it's a no brainer.

I read on another forum that the mock-up sketch presentation of the proposed new stadium shows Middlesbro's Riverside to show a 'bowl' design roof and may have been confusing.

To be clear ... this presentation WAS NOT DONE for Romanov. He knows nothing about it.

The stadium would actually be a replica of the new 25,000 capacity Darlington FC stadium built by Hall Construction in Durham ... who also built the new East Stand at Easter Road last year.

The final design can be anything ... it's the superb location on the Murrayfield back pitches which is the exciting and best solution for us. The SRU are cash-strapped and won't be tough to deal with if Romanov takes the stadium to recoup his ?25m and disappear back to Lithuania for good .... and sells his entire shareholding in a debt-free Club to a 'Hearts Group' of real Hearts people waiting for his decision.

I have also been advised by the 'Hearts Group' that if Romanov keeps Tynecastle and transfers his 144 million Club shares ... that the new stadium at Murrayfield will go ahead that it WILL DEFINITELY be called TYNECASTLE STADIUM.

Ok, I'll take your word for that. rolleyes.gif

It doesn't change the fact that this plan has no additional commercial value such as housing or shops. There's no value in an outside investor buying land and building a ground just to lease it out to us. The stadium is a means to an end, making it easier to get planning for a supermarket or a housing development. This plan doesn't have any of those. Edinburgh Rugby don't have the kind of money to go 50-50 on a stadium with us next to Murrayfield and the council would have no interest in this plan at all, so who is backing us?

Also, Tynecastle is supposed to be worth ?10-15M these days, Romanov is lowering the debt so when we do leave Tynecastle we're not moving into some new stadium with a load of debt which would make us harder to sell.

The Reporter

He's been able to 'do what he pleases' since 2005 as the major creditor and shareholder since then. Owning property only holds the esteem it does in the UK only. Many major corporations operating in the UK do not own the property they operate in. If Hearts can come to a deal with a 3rd party that sees the club get a new stadium and significantly reduce the debt exposure, from a purely business perspective, it's a no brainer.

That's partly true ...

Romanov has merely been 'going through the motions' with the recent fans' consultation. The fact is that this is the ONLY way he can recoup his ?25m and run away. Instead of dumping the Club into an out-of-town multi-purpose sports venue with a running track, the Murrayfield back pitches are the ideal location.

BUT ... Murrayfield won't suit Romanov though as it needs more investment. He just wants to dump the Club somewhere that will cost him nought .. sell Tynecastle .. and run away.

We'll find out soon but I really believe he's been sussed.

Archived