Seen this on an othersite , New Ground

desmondo

The growing realisation among many supporters is that Romanov is looking at recouping his ?25m from the sale of Tynecastle and dumping Hearts FC into a groundshare with Edinburgh Rugby, to pay rent evermore ... and is merely going through the motions of consulting fans over a move from Tynecastle.

With the recent 'debt-for-equity' giving him another 100 million shares and over 95% .... he can do what he pleases.

Sounds familiar - and we ran the last guy out of town !!

For my tupence worth - I don't see how Tynie has any value to a supermarket chain - is the site big enough for a big shop to rival Asda and Sainsbury's inc a carpark - does it have a big enough catch area, given how many other supermarkets are in the area - is it even accessible enough ? It's more likely to go to a property developer and they're not falling over themselves to build at the moment.

Also, what are the implications of building there given the restrictions on Tynie's redevelopment ?

Does any know for sure why we can't redevelop Tynie ? Is it the council - if so surely with the size of the Hearts fan base we can influence that or is it Romanov trying to cash in - clear debt, sell and disappear.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Colonel Kurtz

Romanov wants parity between the club's debt levels and the potential value of Tynecastle. The club are looking at new stadium options funded, or at least partially, by outside backers, housing developers, supermarkets etc.

We move into a new stadium at a site around the city that has other comertial value such as housing or shops and we will, at best, own a percentage of any new stadium and pay rent to our partners in this project.

We sell Tynecastle, clear the debt and Romanov puts a debt free club on the market, albeit one with no tangible assets, looking for a buyer as soon as he can.

Doesnt make sense,the current Valuation of Tynecastle is circa 7 million,and nobody could get finance to develop it.

it would only work if someone paid an inflated price and mothballed the site,making mark to market enough money on the reclassification of a site Hearts moved to finance the deal.

Wallace Mercer had the same idea years ago and the potential site is still there and still classified as Green belt,

What has changed however is who would make the eventual decision ,if its good enough for Donald trump....

Our Cooncillors need money desperately to pay for the trams,ans could posture resistance safe in the knowledge that Holyrood will approve

looks like not a bad plan but Murrayfield Wanderers play there, can't see them moving their clubhouse elsewhere :unsure:

Buffalo Bill

The other day, I heard a wee snippet of info from someone I know who works in property - she said that there are five potential sites for a new ground - one of them, I believe (she wouldn't confirm/deny) is part of the land used by Carrick Knowe golf course but the area at Edinburgh Park/Lochside Way isn't on the list of potential sites.

That's all I heard, make of it what you will - but Hearts are leaving Tynecastle one way or another.

The Reporter

looks like not a bad plan but Murrayfield Wanderers play there, can't see them moving their clubhouse elsewhere :unsure:

Murrayfield Wanderers? Get real ... the SRU are cash-strapped and ?20m in debt, their CEO just resigned, they disbanded the Borders pro team and there are rumour they may pull the plug on Edinburgh soon.

They are SKINT and would welcome any interest in their land-locked back pitches area for a 25,000 capacity Hearts stadium.

AND it would be a superb location ... probably the best anywhere.

Murrayfield Wanderers? Get real ... the SRU are cash-strapped and ?20m in debt, their CEO just resigned, they disbanded the Borders pro team and there are rumour they may pull the plug on Edinburgh soon.

They are SKINT and would welcome any interest in their land-locked back pitches area for a 25,000 capacity Hearts stadium.

AND it would be a superb location ... probably the best anywhere.

Indeed and anyways the Wanderers Club house is still there on the mock up layout!

Corner of the south and west stands marked as Clubhouse/Groundsmans Office!

Indeed and anyways the Wanderers Club house is still there on the mock up layout!

ah so it is. missed that. :thumbsup:

Midloth_Iain

Their membership would rocket with a new Tynie on their front lawn :thumbsup:

Coburg Hearts

That's partly true ...

Romanov has merely been 'going through the motions' with the recent fans' consultation. The fact is that this is the ONLY way he can recoup his ?25m and run away. Instead of dumping the Club into an out-of-town multi-purpose sports venue with a running track, the Murrayfield back pitches are the ideal location.

BUT ... Murrayfield won't suit Romanov though as it needs more investment. He just wants to dump the Club somewhere that will cost him nought .. sell Tynecastle .. and run away.

We'll find out soon but I really believe he's been sussed.

I'm sure you could have used more derogatory terms had you really tried. Just a thought. ;)

The Gasman

I have also been advised by the 'Hearts Group' that if Romanov keeps Tynecastle and transfers his 144 million Club shares ... that the new stadium at Murrayfield will go ahead that it WILL DEFINITELY be called TYNECASTLE STADIUM.

So presumably this "Hearts Group" are comfortable that you are posting this information on JKB?

Will they now make themselves known to the rest of the Hearts support?

Will they now make their business plan known to the rest of the Hearts support?

The Reporter

So presumably this "Hearts Group" are comfortable that you are posting this information on JKB?

Will they now make themselves known to the rest of the Hearts support?

Will they now make their business plan known to the rest of the Hearts support?

Not yet .. until Romanov accepts their offer for his shares there is no point. :thumbsup:

The Reporter

I hope you're not suggesting I'm a Hibee :verymad:

I've probably been registered on here a lot longer than most (different username) and I'm a proud 3rd generation lifelong Hearts fan. :thumbsup:

The Reporter

Walter ... I'm NOT a Reporter :turned:

Settle doon son. If the offer is accepted by Romanov, all will become clear and every Hearts fan will have a REAL say in the running of Hearts FC.

The new 25,000 capacity stadium WILL be located on the back pitches at Murrayfield.

I'd say it's 50/50 at the moment .... but who knows what Romanov will do next?

There is a "Hearts Group" or whatever you want to term it. I had known for a while but was sworn not to post on JKB but someone did a few weeks back. Maybe some missed it?

The main jist of the story was The "Hearts Group" were to raise a certain amount through the fans to help lower the debt to a level which would give Romanov the green light to sell.

The ground would be sold back free also but maybe the plans have changed a touch if the proposals are to move to a new ground?

There is a "Hearts Group" or whatever you want to term it. I had known for a while but was sworn not to post on JKB but someone did a few weeks back. Maybe some missed it?

The main jist of the story was The "Hearts Group" were to raise a certain amount through the fans to help lower the debt to a level which would give Romanov the green light to sell.

The ground would be sold back free also but maybe the plans have changed a touch if the proposals are to move to a new ground?

I posted that, but it's been known by quite a few people previous to that. This consortium have been looking to buy the club for some time now, the major stumbling block seems to be the capital that they'd need to raise from supporters to fund the purchase. Even then they wouldn't have the financial flexibility to run the club with any debt.

Whether this move away from Tynecastle would make something like that more viable is another question. I think it would still be asking a lot.

The Reporter

The Club needs to live within its means.

The funding is in place to buy Romanov/UBIG's shares and there's a deal to be done on the new stadium if the time comes.

Romanov can keep Tynecastle and sell it and go.

We'll see ... if he wants out he WON'T be interested in the Murrayfield location as it will cost him money. If he wants to stay he WILL be interested.

We'll all know soon enough. It's 'make your mind up time' Vlad. :unsure:

Thank fk for Romanov is all i can say.

The day we are taken over by someone/a group who have to go cap in hand to the fans or bank in this day and age, is the day imo that we are truly fkd.

The Reporter

Thank fk for Romanov is all i can say.

The Club is ?26 million in debt.

The main stand will not pass UEFA standards. It's dilapidated.

Tynecastle 2011 development has been scrapped.

The owner wants to dump the Club in some rented & shared stadium on the outskirts and run away with the money from the sale of Tynecastle.

Gambo ... are you at the wind-up? :rolleyes:

The growing realisation among many supporters is that Romanov is looking at recouping his ?25m from the sale of Tynecastle and dumping Hearts FC into a groundshare with Edinburgh Rugby, to pay rent evermore ... and is merely going through the motions of consulting fans over a move from Tynecastle.

With the recent 'debt-for-equity' giving him another 100 million shares and over 95% .... he can do what he pleases.

Who is going to pay Romanov ?25m for the sale of Tynecastle?

The owner wants to dump the Club in some rented & shared stadium on the outskirts and run away with the money from the sale of Tynecastle.

I agree fully with Gambo, but strangely enough I dont agree with you :blink: you give off all the signs of a Hibby or journo :thumbsup:

We have been hearing this from the day VR walked in the door.

Imagine a consortium of 5or6 Romanovs(but without the money) who have to go cap in hand to the bank/fans...................................truly frightning imo. Christ you can hardly get 2or3 Hearts fans on here to agree on anything.

If VR was to sell (and i don't doubt he would if the right offer came along) i would rather it was to someone with money and not a bunch of fans who have had to go cap in hand to the fans / bank, unfortunately i do not think such a person exists.

Right now until that person comes along, or at least something close to it, i would rather we had the one owner who is in the unique position of having a large say in the bank that finances us.

The Reporter

The day we are taken over by someone/a group who have to go cap in hand to the fans or bank in this day and age, is the day imo that we are truly fkd.

Nobody in this Group is going cap in hand to fans or banks?

The Club will be debt-free and live within its means.

There's a deal to be done for the land with cash-strapped SRU who are ?20 million in debt.

The location might be land-locked but it's perfect.

Five minute walk from Tynecastle and a far better option than on the outskirts, Saughton Park or Meggetland etc.

Nobody in this Group is going cap in hand to fans or banks?

The Club will be debt-free and live within its means.

There's a deal to be done for the land with cash-strapped SRU who are ?20 million in debt.

The location might be land-locked but it's perfect.

Five minute walk from Tynecastle and a far better option than on the outskirts, Saughton Park or Meggetland etc.

So there are a group out there who want to throw their own money (no loan or mortgage etc from a bank) into Hearts? Million and millions of pounds?? How many in this group?

Why would they need to raise some dosh from the fans as mentioned earlier?

The Reporter

Who is going to pay Romanov ?25m for the sale of Tynecastle?

Don't care ... not our business.

Don't care ... not our business.

Okay let me get this straight. The plan goes like this:

VR's strategy is to sell Tynecastle for ?25m when it is worth under ?10m. He will hand Hearts the business over for nothing due to this excellent deal.

Then the new Hearts are to buy SRU land and build a 25k stadium, remain debt free and live within their means.

It is quite brilliant.

The Reporter

So there are a group out there who want to throw their own money (no loan or mortgage etc from a bank) into Hearts? Million and millions of pounds?? How many in this group?

"Why would they need to raise some dosh from the fans as mentioned earlier?" .. where does it say that?

They would certainly like to have more fans (like themselves) as shareholders if Romanoc accepts their offer.

We will know one way or the other soon.

And apparently the SRU are so cash strapped they are going to sell land in a prime part of Edinburgh to a bunch of 'begging bowl' merchants to put a footy stadium on said land, for peanuts?

I saw a Pat Munro plumbers van on Friday - wasn't new - at least 10 years old - I think I'd rather have him back in town

bilston angel

Not saying this is for real or otherwise, but a small point why is the pitch not running from north to south as the prevailing wind is from south west approx, there appears to be enough room for that.

I hope you're not suggesting I'm a Hibee :verymad:

I've probably been registered on here a lot longer than most (different username) and I'm a proud 3rd generation lifelong Hearts fan. :thumbsup:

You've been registered on here for 2 days.

If you're willing to lie about that what else are you willing to lie about?

Coburg Hearts

I agree fully with Gambo, but strangely enough I dont agree with you :blink: you give off all the signs of a Hibby or journo :thumbsup:

I was thinking the same.

The Reporter

And apparently the SRU are so cash strapped they are going to sell land in a prime part of Edinburgh to a bunch of 'begging bowl' merchants to put a footy stadium on said land, for peanuts?

The SRU are ?20 million in debt.

The Murrayfield plan shows that it's land-locked on four sides and is not ideal for any other purpose other than a walk-in sports facility and playing fields.

The Reporter

You've been registered on here for 2 days.

If you're willing to lie about that what else are you willing to lie about?

I've had many conversations with you Tazio going back a number of years.

The SRU are ?20 million in debt.

The Murrayfield plan shows that it's land-locked on four sides and is not ideal for any other purpose other than a walk-in sports facility and playing fields.

So the SRU are actually a damned sight better off than Hearts?

Interesting.

Forgive my (and others) cynicism but if you have been here before you will remember the time of posters planted by Lancastle and the like (and probably Romanov) so someone so "in the know" appearing out of the blue has history.

My favourite incarnation of this plan was when Hearts were going to be able to take advantage of the cash strapped SRU and buy the whole of Murrayfield with the proceeds of selling Tynecastle ... and still have enough cash to build a football stadium on the back pitches ...

:lol:

The Reporter

So the SRU are actually a damned sight better off than Hearts?

Settle doon ... they have TWO home 6-Nations internationals in the next year ... about 120,000 paying spectators.

They are trying to support professional players but HAD to close their Border Reivers team and it's rumoured that the Edinburgh team will be closed soon.

Their CEO chucked it in a couple of weeks ago.

They are an organisation run by blazers which was ok when the game was amateur.

"Why would they need to raise some dosh from the fans as mentioned earlier?" .. where does it say that?

They would certainly like to have more fans (like themselves) as shareholders if Romanoc accepts their offer.

We will know one way or the other soon.

My apologies, it was another post i read that a 'Hearts group' would look for fans funding.

Settle doon ... they have TWO home 6-Nations internationals in the next year ... about 120,000 paying spectators.

They are trying to support professional players but HAD to close their Border Reivers team and it's rumoured that the Edinburgh team will be closed soon.

I may be wrong but were they not a hell of a lot more in debt a few years ago? I think it's certainly a fact that they are the poorest of the home nations by a long way and I'm not entirely sure how they survive, surely the Murrayfield debenture cash was eaten up a long time ago.

Your credentials as a fully fledged Jambo..just dont stack up. :ermm:

The Reporter

My favourite incarnation of this plan was when Hearts were going to be able to take advantage of the cash strapped SRU and buy the whole of Murrayfield with the proceeds of selling Tynecastle ... and still have enough cash to build a football stadium on the back pitches ...

:lol:

That was in 1994/95. Wallace Mercer had an offer on the table for 232 flats on Tynecastle. The money would clear Hearts debt AND BUY 52% of Murrayfield Stadium.

It was a deal the Pieman didn't understand when he took over and he thought it was a rental and not the purchase of 52%.

Why be shy about your old username? Something to hide? (Dont want this to be a witch hunt, but you were the one to bring it up that you were a longtime user).

I'll hazard a guess that you were maybe a bit of a lad who liked crocodiles?

The Reporter

Your credentials as a fully fledged Jambo..just dont stack up. :ermm:

I really don't care Eggo. I know who I am and make no excuses if you don't believe me.

All I am doing is answering questions and putting some things straight on current events regarding a possible takeover ... amid very strong rumours that Romanov is looking for an exit route.

Hearts have been a big part of my life for a long time. Thankfully the 'Hearts Group' are not sitting back and doing nothing, falling for Romanov's fairy stories and fans' consultations on moving.

Why be shy about your old username? Something to hide? (Dont want this to be a witch hunt, but you were the one to bring it up that you were a longtime user).

hmmm interesting. LL ?

I really don't care Eggo. I know who I am and make no excuses if you don't believe me.

All I am doing is answering questions and putting some things straight on current events regarding a possible takeover ... amid very strong rumours that Romanov is looking for an exit route.

Hearts have been a big part of my life for a long time. Thankfully the 'Hearts Group' are not sitting back and doing nothing, falling for Romanov's fairy stories and fans' consultations on moving.

Your making statements to receive questions and its not stacking up. The Hearts Group...ficticious drivel

The Reporter

Crocodiles? Le Coq Sportif?

You've lost me.

Archived