Another New player

wavydavy

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mad Dog Frazer

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I predict.....

Unless McCall can keep him (highly unlikely I believe, he's tried since last season), he'll be our next signing - and there'll be a huge spit the dummy moment from Aberdeen about Hearts inflated wage structure - blah blah. Hibs fans will jump on the bandwagon about us running in debt, how we will soon implode and how we have signed another average SPL player they wouldn't want, the Sun will print stories about his match fixing allegations and manage to incorporate another line about CT and generally sensationalise the corrupt organisation known as Heart of Midlothian FC.

Bert Le Clos

Jennings is better than what we have, but I would prefer Bauben.

Aberdeen have just signed Isaac Osbourne from Coventry which could be a very good signing for them. He missed a lot of last season through injury but if he can stay fit he'll do well up here.

Nicholas Brody

We are looking at a striker and a defender from Antwerp.

:orly?:

Don't really no anything about them. Anyone got any info as to who they may be?

EDIT: Not the team, the players :turned:

kingantti1874

We've hud "King Robbo" doon Gorgie way, now we await "The Prince" :rolleyes:

hey mate i assume without trawling through the whole board that this is based on wishful thinking on the part of a few rather than any substantiated fact?

jambo-rocker

Craig Thomson is going to shave his hair and grow a beard and moustache.

We will present him to a media as a 'new player'

You're wanting to present him as Gary Glitter? Not much of a difference there...

Clerry Jambo

hey mate i assume without trawling through the whole board that this is based on wishful thinking on the part of a few rather than any substantiated fact?

Not ITK Mate, just hoping

Jennings has money on it being him ! :whistling:

:lol:

From what I have seen he looks like a good wee player. Like others I would prefer Buaben though...

Is it the Steve Jennings at Motherwell that is ******* pish? Hope notdown.gif

Hard to argue with this, other than getting himself sent off I can't say I have noticed him doing much against us.

Charlie-Brown

Celtic have a new player - an israeli striker costing ?2M ..... how many strikers do they need? Stokes, Hooper, Murphy, Samaras, Commons, New Israeli Guy ........

Celtic have a new player - an israeli striker costing ?2M ..... how many strikers do they need? Stokes, Hooper, Murphy, Samaras, Commons, New Israeli Guy ........

Samaras doesn't score enough, Commons is more of a winger and Stokes could be on the way out after mouthing off at the end of last season.

Charlie-Brown

Samaras doesn't score enough, Commons is more of a winger and Stokes could be on the way out after mouthing off at the end of last season.

This will explain why Celtic made him captain for a game and gave him a new contract until 2014 then. :thumbsup:

This will explain why Celtic made him captain for a game and gave him a new contract until 2014 then. :thumbsup:

What on earth does that have to do with what type of player he is ?

Italian Lambretta

That will go down well with the Pro-Palestinian Lobby at septic park. :ninja:

rudi must stay

Could well be the Icelander they have on trial. He may have impressed in training and his agent has suddenly upped his wage demands. Often happens in football..

BUABEN! Must be!

Birmingham don't want another SPL player added to their squad. It didn't work well for Boro, it won't work for them!

Jennings - no thanks.

Flynn - would be good.

Buaben - would be better!

We should go Nicky Maynard from Bristol City, his contract will soon be up and if we offered cash and Wallace (thus preventing him going to rankers). then we could have a proven goal scorer on the books. Just a thought might (JJ if reading take note) :thumbsup:

I predict.....

Unless McCall can keep him (highly unlikely I believe, he's tried since last season), he'll be our next signing - and there'll be a huge spit the dummy moment from Aberdeen about Hearts inflated wage structure - blah blah. Hibs fans will jump on the bandwagon about us running in debt, how we will soon implode and how we have signed another average SPL player they wouldn't want, the Sun will print stories about his match fixing allegations and manage to incorporate another line about CT and generally sensationalise the corrupt organisation known as Heart of Midlothian FC.

And they will dig out some poor bookie who was a victim of the fix and have a six page spread.

A spokesman from Gamcare will also come out and speak of how disgusting it is that Hearts employ a gambler.

Guess, hope or ITK ?

Decent scoring record even last year when he didn't play that much.

Just a wish really. His contract will soon be up but he does a good job for City and can score goals all at the tender age of 25.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Buaben or Jennings?

What I have seen of Prince has been pretty decent... Jennings has never really jumped out at me though.

Rocky jamboa

Would be surprised but delighted if we signed Bauben. Cant say Jennings has ever really stood out but they do have some pretty decent players.

Napoleon  Wilson

Buaben or Jennings?

What I have seen of Prince has been pretty decent... Jennings has never really jumped out at me though.

I've watched Buaben lots of times and was impressed, he would be a quality addition. What about Jennings, is he a center midfielder? I only really mind him from the game against us where he was sent off

Just a wish really. His contract will soon be up but he does a good job for City and can score goals all at the tender age of 25.

Heavily rumoured to be McLarens first signing at Forest.

robin hood jambo

Nicky Maynard My link

Admire youre optimism but never going to happen.

City valued him @ 3M and he has plenty of admirers at big championship clubs. Im sure his agent has primed him for a large jump in earning and i'd suggest his wages are all ready waybeyond our structure.

I was surprised at the negative reaction to Jennings as I've always thought he looked like a decent player, so I went onto the Motherwell forum to see if I could find anything and it seems he has won their MotM competition two seasons in a row.

He would be our best signing so far IMO.

Only a Game

Another Israeli !!!! That'll go down well with the Hamas faithful :whistling:

I'm 99.9% certain I walked past Juho Makela on Multrees Walk this evening!!

Rudolf's Mate

The game Jennings got sent off against us I thought he played well. Other than that I don't know much about him.

who is this Conrad Balatoni that Jackie Mac is after?

Highly rated young centre half. Spent last season on loan at Partick, JJ has taken him to Italy, so he must have him in his plans.

Maybe another loan move, doubt he'd let him go permanently though.

The Old Tolbooth

I can confirm, Hearts are in advanced signing talks with Prince Buaben.

That's all i can say at this stage.

If this were true, he would be our best signing of the summer by far, I'd love it!

HeartsBore1874

Highly rated young centre half. Spent last season on loan at Partick, JJ has taken him to Italy, so he must have him in his plans.

Maybe another loan move, doubt he'd let him go permanently though.

thanks for that. hope it is just a loan move if he is highly rated.

rossthejambo

Jennings has never really stood out for me, but I get the impression he plays a deeper role in midfield and doesn't really do anything too flash. Quietly effective maybe. (I'm just going by what I've heard from other people who rate him).

If he's an improvement on Black, then I'm all for it.

Drylaw Hearts

Jennings and Lasley work really well together - Las does the majority of the closing down and tackling while Jennings picks the ball up and moves it quickly, usually from wing to wing. He's especially useful at releasing Humphrey and Murphy.

I think he has an edge on Ian Black for that role as his passing is far more consistent.

Sounds very much like the Fulton-esk type player JJ spoke of hoping to sign a few months back.

bobskeldon

Jennings and Lasley work really well together - Las does the majority of the closing down and tackling while Jennings picks the ball up and moves it quickly, usually from wing to wing. He's especially useful at releasing Humphrey and Murphy.

I think he has an edge on Ian Black for that role as his passing is far more consistent.

I think it is quite a big edge, he has generally 'bossed' the middle of the park every time we have played Motherwell over the past two seasons. Personally, I would take him before PB.

rossthejambo

Sounds pretty much like what we've been missing in the middle of the park for a few years now.

jamboinglasgow

A couple of media outlets seem sure that Jennings will sign a new contract with Motherwell in the next day or so.

don't know why but I increasing get the feeling Bauben is a stick on just concluding negotiations. I am not ITK

rossthejambo

McCall 'expects' Jenno to sign a new one year deal with Well today.

Oh well, hope we've got someone similar (by similar I mean someone who can play centre midfield and pass the ball to a team mate) lined up.

Archived