Rangers to offer 1mill for Wallace

ChrissyBoi

Of course rangers can compete with championship wages. If the average championship wage is 10 grand a week then I'd be surprised

I know for a fact (seen his visa app, shhhhh, don't tell!) that Zemmama is on ?8k pw basic at Boro. I was surprised it was so low tbh. Better than a snotter up yer nose right enough.

Not saying that's a marker for that league's wages but Rangers can compete with that type of wage nae bother. Shit, Hearts almost can*!

As for Lee, I think he'll be away but hope the Rangers chat only wakes someone up from down south. We'll miss him on the pitch, but we did most of last season too and survived. Just a shame for all concerned he got that injury last season as we'd be talking much bigger money, bigger suitors and all-round happier campers if he'd had a whole season at his best for club and country. Ay well.

Does Danny Grainger know his way around a firearm and can he spot a hibby from a 100 yards?

*should probably replace 'can' with 'have done' or 'would but shouldn't' !!

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From what ive heard about wallace he doesnt want to go down south, doesnt want to hassle of movin and wants to stay where he is

Call him our riordan if ye like, only much, much more class obviously

Yes, we have classy neds, they have scummy ones.

I know for a fact (seen his visa app, shhhhh, don't tell!) that Zemmama is on ?8k pw basic at Boro. I was surprised it was so low tbh. Better than a snotter up yer nose right enough.

Not doubting that IBH, but he'll have started from a low base - Boro will have more than doubled his wages. If der hun are up against almost any Championship club, they'll lose out (unless the Championship club isn't too fussed about the player). They just don't have the cash to throw around these days.

Good on us. David Southern said a few weeks ago that, yeh, we might sell a couple of players. But we don't have to so it'll be for big money if we do. Come if you want, but come with your cheque-books open, basically.

Seem to be sticking to that.

Do have to wonder if, for example, Wolves had tabled a similar bid if it would have been accepted! Mr VR no likey them Old Firmers!

Have to say, VR can be one frustrating, cringe-inducing owner, but he gets some shit right.

Not doubting that IBH, but he'll have started from a low base - Boro will have more than doubled his wages. If der hun are up against almost any Championship club, they'll lose out (unless the Championship club isn't too fussed about the player). They just don't have the cash to throw around these days.

Aye, not sure. He'll only have had to put on his visa app his basic wage at the time of signing the contract, so that'll be what I saw. Mind you, he probably would have taken any wage to get away from The Piggery

Knocked back again....

http://sport.stv.tv/...ee-wallace-bid/

YES!

OAG - Well done in re-writing history to make Gordon and Berra look like wage thieves! The part you missed out was that even when they signed new contracts there was more money elsewhere on offer, but they chose to stay.

The hun can shove their cash up their blue tinted arseholes. End of the day McCoist and Whyte will be shitting it in a few weeks if all their half-offers are turned down and nobody is looking to sign on at Greyskull.

portobellojambo1

Or perhaps just an attempt to try to convince their own fans they have money, rather than actually trying to buy him?

Possibly this Gasman. They can then turn round and say we offered for x, y and z and were told no, you cannot blame us for not trying.

I was going to post something about telling Rangers to ram their ?1 million up their hole, but it appears we have already done that so no need to add anything else.

Possibly this Gasman. They can then turn round and say we offered for x, y and z and were told no, you cannot blame us for not trying.

I was going to post something about telling Rangers to ram their ?1 million up their hole, but it appears we have already done that so no need to add anything else.

Aw, I really hope we told them to "ram it up their hole", I truly do!

Rocky jamboa

I reckon with a good, full season, an in form Wallace could command a fee of ?3-?4m. So, pay him an extra ?5k per week to sign a 2-3 year contract extention to stay, plus ?100k signing on fee. Costs us an extra ?350k over the year but if clubs come in next year with a bid of even ?3m, it's ?2m more than we'd currently get so we're still ?1.65m better off. It also prices Rangers out of the market and we get the benefit of Wallace for another year. With the financial position we're in, we want to be receiving full whack for our top players.

We did the same with Gordon (paying him ?20k a week apparently) but then reaped the rewards. Anything to avoid him going to they scumbags.

jambopompey

The hun can shove their cash up their blue tinted arseholes. End of the day McCoist and Whyte will be shitting it in a few weeks if all their half-offers are turned down and nobody is looking to sign on at Greyskull.

you missed out adding

then their fans start asking questions or the realistic ambitions of the club and the means of affording those.

portobellojambo1

Aw, I really hope we told them to "ram it up their hole", I truly do!

I was going to say we were probably a bit more diplomatic with our response, but given events this week it is possible we did just lay it on the line to them, we may have finished off the sentence by informing them we don't deal with the Mafia, nothing is beyond us at the moment.

I'd have no problem with Wallace if he wants to go to Rangers and earn more money for himself (although I'd rather he didn't).

Lots of people go on about loyalty in situations like this but in everyday life loyalty in employment is hard to find. If you see a job you can do at a better firm offering more money then most people would go for it and not give a second thought to the company they currently work for.

Like it or not, playing for a certain team doesn't actually matter to a lot of players, they're happy to go anywhere to ply their trade as long as the cash is good. I think it's unrealistic to expect die-hard type loyalty from players just because the fans have it.

Sage words indeed Stanley - hmm hmm!

The Old Tolbooth

According to someone on Twitter, we've rejected it and want ?2m + add-ons.

:yas:

Well done Hearts, if a club from down South had a similar offer then take it, but under no circumstances sell our star player to THEM!

Only a Game

YES!

OAG - Well done in re-writing history to make Gordon and Berra look like wage thieves! The part you missed out was that even when they signed new contracts there was more money elsewhere on offer, but they chose to stay.

I never said they were wage thieves. They earned good money when they were here though. More money than we could reasonably afford. Their loyalty clearly didnt extend to signing up for a deal we could actually afford did it ?

More money on offer when they signed up ? From who exactly ? Both signed extensions to their deals that were already in place, and both scored a hell of a lot more money out of it. They couldnt have gone elsewhere at the time. Aside from that, there wasnt a bid on the table, we didnt turn down any bids and there wasnt even a note of interest in either of them when they signed their last contracts.

I'm not saying they robbed us or abused us. We got good things out of both of them for a fairly lengthy period but neither of them had it at the forefront of their inevitable career progressions, that they should make sure Hearts were looked after. It simply wasnt a priority. We developed them to make money. They got further time to develop fully at a reasonably big club. We extended their contracts and took a gamble. We made money from selling them. Not a huge amount in the case of Berra but there you go, we should have held on for a while but didnt.. They both scored heavily out of it as well. It was mutually beneficial as it turned out, not by the deliberate design or honourable intentions by either player though. I'm not saying they were dishonourable in any way. They clearly werent and they clearly conducted their moves in the proper manner. I'm saying they looked after No 1 first and foremost.

Is the right answer. Save all the bollocks about Wallace and his agent - any club who let a valuable player get down to 12 months is asking for it

Or maybe the plan was to flog him with 2years(or 18months) of his contract left but injury scuppered these plans?

:yas:

Well done Hearts, if a club from down South had a similar offer then take it, but under no circumstances sell our star player to THEM!

Well said :clap:

Only a Game

I reckon with a good, full season, an in form Wallace could command a fee of ?3-?4m. So, pay him an extra ?5k per week to sign a 2-3 year contract extention to stay, plus ?100k signing on fee. Costs us an extra ?350k over the year but if clubs come in next year with a bid of even ?3m, it's ?2m more than we'd currently get so we're still ?1.65m better off. It also prices Rangers out of the market and we get the benefit of Wallace for another year. With the financial position we're in, we want to be receiving full whack for our top players.

We did the same with Gordon (paying him ?20k a week apparently) but then reaped the rewards. Anything to avoid him going to they scumbags.

You seem to be forgetting that Wallace has to agree to this grand plan..

Frankly I'd rather keep him and let him walk for nothing than sell him to Rangers, although the end result is he'll probably end up there in a years time anyway.

If there's ?1 million or so put on the table. I think we'll have to take it.(From any club that offers it)

You seem to be forgetting that Wallace has to agree to this grand plan..Frankly I'd rather keep him and let him walk for nothing than sell him to Rangers, although the end result is he'll probably end up there in a years time anyway.

If there's ?1 million or so put on the table. I think we'll have to take it.(From any club that offers it)

Exactly and rumour has it that Lee wallace would not exactly be adverse to a move to Ibrox.

Jambothroughandthrough

This news has put a big smile on my face. Well done Vlad. Superb.

'Sent them hame to think again'

john brownlee

they may do a plug on him, accept Hearts offer and on the strength of a medical and fail him

after all he could still be carrying an injury.

I'm not to fussed whether he stays or goes but would prefer him to go south.

Why are some people happy to see lee leave, easily the strongest player at the club, if he's fit until Jan and we can get himv to sign a contract with a min fee clause we could get at least double what rangers are offering.

Only a Game

Exactly and rumour has it that Lee wallace would not exactly be adverse to a move to Ibrox.

Lee Wallace, to his credit, hasnt publicly said a thing about moving to Rangers, or anywhere else for that matter but you have to ask yourself the questions the 3 parties will be asking themselves.

In the strongest position is Lee Wallace

Q. Would I go to Rangers now if I had the chance

A. Probably yes.

Q. Are Rangers going to sign me if I sign a contract with Hearts and they want ?3 million for me.

A. Definetly not.

Q. Are Rangers going to sign me if I let my contract run down

A. Probably yes.

Q. Is anyone else going to sign me for ?3 million if I sign a contract now with Hearts

A. It makes a move far less likely, especially an immediate move so what is the point in doing it.

Next strongest is Rangers FC

Q. Is Lee Wallace a player we would like

A. Definitely yes

Q. Would we pay in the region of ?1 million pounds to get him now

A. Probably Yes

Q. Would we pay ?3 million pounds for him at any stage.

A No we cant afford it.

Q. Can we wait a year and get him for nothing.

A. Yes of course, he's young.

Q. What if someone else comes in and pinches him in the meantime

A. If there is a someone else we'll reconsider our position. At the moment there doesnt appear to be.

Weakest position is Hearts FC

Q. Do we want to lose Lee Wallace to Rangers for no money this time next year

A. Clearly No

Q. Would we prefer to have Lee stay on improved terms and an extended contract so that we can maximise his worth

A. Clearly Yes

Q. If he doesnt want to do that for his own reasons will we now sell to the highest bidder so that we dont lose completely

A. Absolutely we will.

Italian Lambretta

Anyone who was at Kille on the Wednesday night when we beat them 2-1 would see why Lee Wallace is such an important and strong player for the team.

It was one of his first games back and he was brilliant and tormented the Killie defence.

I hope he signs a new deal with a clause if a big bid cones in for him we won't stand in his way. He is still young and won't reach his peak for another 2 or 3 years.

Hopefully, there is a premiership club interested if he doesn't want to stay.

Only a Game

Isnt this lovely by the way. There hasnt been a post regarding a certain young Hearts player for well over an hour !!!!

Romanov won't sell to a rival in the same league. He wants to compete with them. We could not have a better owner. I hope he's around for a long time to come. :thumbsup:

dellboy1971

Hope hearts don't accept

Especially to the old firm an English club will come in for him look what players are getting bought for down south

But if we do sell

Dont sell for less than

1.2 million cash And 20 % sell on

Or

1.8 million cash straight cash

Anyone who was at Kille on the Wednesday night when we beat them 2-1 would see why Lee Wallace is such an important and strong player for the team.

It was one of his first games back and he was brilliant and tormented the Killie defence.

I hope he signs a new deal with a clause if a big bid cones in for him we won't stand in his way. He is still young and won't reach his peak for another 2 or 3 years.

Hopefully, there is a premiership club interested if he doesn't want to stay.

Mate there is another Lee thread somewhere, but i posted the same! The conditions were awful as well, and coming back after injury on that pitch was a bit of a worry for me. The guy looked like he had never being away!

I would rather keep him and get nought then let him go to the hun!

Isnt this lovely by the way. There hasnt been a post regarding a certain young Hearts player for well over an hour !!!!

Don't worry the Wallace GTF squad will be out soon,he'll no doubt be chastised as well.

Any way,I would think we would be better to take the "close to a million",looks like it's to late in the day to start trying to negotiate a new deal,hope I'm wrong though.

willie wallace

Never sell one of your best players to Celtic or Rangers,it is hard enough as it is.Surely if he has to go some English club would easily match that fee.

Never sell one of your best players to Celtic or Rangers,it is hard enough as it is.Surely if he has to go some English club would easily match that fee.

We might not have much choice in the matter,if as has been suggested Lee wants to go to them then would it not be better taking what we asked for rather than lose out in a years time with out him playing all season.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Looking forward to the blue arsecheek failing again. I think Wallace will confirm his fitness and be sold just before 31 August to a Championship club.

The Old Tolbooth

100% agree with this mate, he was outstanding that night and you'd think he'd never been out. Anyone saying that we wouldn't miss him just because he's been out for the best part of last season is nuts, the fact of the matter is that we're a far better team with him in it!

marshallschunkychicken

Can see another 'Webster' happening :rolleyes:

Would he not have to have given us notice of this about a month ago for that to happen?

Rather knock it back, keep him another year, and let him go to England for free next season than see him playing for Rangers. I'd be happy selling him for ?300,000 to Nottingham Forrest or who ever than accept ?1million from Rangers. Although his international caps will rocket once he puts on a Blue jersey...

We might not have much choice in the matter,if as has been suggested Lee wants to go to them then would it not be better taking what we asked for rather than lose out in a years time with out him playing all season.

So a rumour on a messageboard that Wallace wants to go to Rangers is now true eh?

Conway was a Rangers fan & he binned them for cash down south.

Goodwillie is a Rangers fan but he'll be off to Cardiff if the cash is good.

Every player in the SPL is an OF fan and can't wait to make their "dream move" to their boyhood heroes. If you swallow that load of Daily Ranger, Keith Jackson exclusive, laptop loyal drivel then good luck to you.

Even the smarmy git on Reporting Scotland was almost weeping with delight as he told us that Rangers had offered money for Wallace & Goodwillie.

Why would Vlad take an offer from Rangers just now when in 5 months time the HMRC could be after them for ?50m and their new owner has covered his own arse by getting all his money paid back to him?

Some Jambo's need to let an original thought enter their nappers instead of believing what our press tell them to.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

People saying they'd rather keep him and let him go for free are missing quite an important detail.

If that situation occurs he'll be sitting in the stand watching for half a year.

That's the reality.

a safe pair of sells

so Rangers say they are going to offer ?1m, not actually submitted it. Me thinks this is like there non-existent Goodwillie second bid.

yip , they're brass!

Nobody's asking him to stay for life - he'll he could even sign a new deal and be sold by the end of August if he shows good form in the opening 5 or 6 weeks of the season. Hearts have invested a lot in Lee Wallace, helped give him his big opportunities, supported him through injury, loss of form and off-field issues and convictions. Given Christophe Berra and Craig Gordon signed pay-rise extensions a few months before they left to help ensure the club was repaid with a healthy transfer fee I don't think it's asking too much for Lee Wallace to consider doing the same given everything Hearts have done for this young man. You would also like to think his Agent would echo those sentiments given he's one of the greatest living Jambos.

you need to be offered a contract before you can sign it

Toxteth O'Grady

I'd consider it to be quite shabby & disloyal from Lee Wallace IF he's refusing to sign a new contract offer that would mean he & Hearts would get a better deal imo. :angry:

Not as shabby as making a libelous statemet about his agent IMO

As you sow you shall reap.

Hope he goes south though, he's good enough.

Cant see Hearts accepting that. Get him signed on again with a buy out clause nearer to his real value.

Lee will move on but with the right offer both him and Hearts can do much better than the offer from Rangers.

CavySlaveJambo

Why would Vlad take an offer from Rangers just now when in 5 months time the HMRC could be after them for ?50m and their new owner has covered his own arse by getting all his money paid back to him?

I think this in part could be why people aren't selling to/signing for Rangers. Derisory offers aside.

The pressure is on Rangers, Whyte has already missed out on a number of players to Championship teams.

If his purchase of Rangers is anything to go by, he appears to want to take a long time before doing business and IMO the Rangers fans will not accept this.

The English season starts much later than the Scottish so English teams will probably be later in doing their transfer dealing.

I don't think we should take this offer as it's on the low side and I don't think that Rangers will be the only club who come in for Wallace.

This :thumbsup:

Apparently Rangers have now walked away from the deal, as Hearts wanted close to ?3million with all the add-ons.

Fully expect the pre-contract to be signed in January.

Archived