Rangers to offer 1mill for Wallace

ChrissyBoi

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think thats what Hearts asked for, considering he is about to go into the final year of his contract.

We may have to accept if Wallace isn't going to sign a new deal.

If talks over extending his contract are dead, I'd be tempted to take that. :(

Since they are our rivals, add their initial offer to that and a sell on clause or something and I would take it.

If we can get them up to the 1.1m or whatever it was that we sold Hartley to Sellick for, that's not a bad deal for Hearts. It's going to be horrendous seeing him playing for the Orcs but it's better than having him sitting in the stand for a year if he decides to see out his contract. He's been a good servant to the club and i'm sure all at the academy will be proud of him.

bean counter

"But BBC Scotland has learned that a near seven-figure fee will be tabled with further payments being made throughout the term of his deal. "

So it's not all upfront money it's Rangers doing it on the never never

Diadora Van Basten

The pressure is on Rangers, Whyte has already missed out on a number of players to Championship teams.

If his purchase of Rangers is anything to go by, he appears to want to take a long time before doing business and IMO the Rangers fans will not accept this.

The English season starts much later than the Scottish so English teams will probably be later in doing their transfer dealing.

I don't think we should take this offer as it's on the low side and I don't think that Rangers will be the only club who come in for Wallace.

Charlie-Brown

I'd consider it to be quite shabby & disloyal from Lee Wallace IF he's refusing to sign a new contract offer that would mean he & Hearts would get a better deal imo. :angry:

Fat Striker

Agreed. You don't want an unhappy player at the club (if Wallace actually fancies a move to Ibrox that is) and this is a more realistic fee.

Dr. Bapswent

From ?300,000 to ?1 Million.

There you go....in black and white how much they deliberately mock and piss on the rest of the SPL with their bully boy derisory behaviour.

They simply don't deserve him.

The Old Tolbooth

?1.5M upfront, with the only clause being 15% of any sell on fee, then I'd be interested.

Say What Again

"But BBC Scotland has learned that a near seven-figure fee will be tabled with further payments being made throughout the term of his deal. "

?200k after 1000 Scotland caps.

?200k if he scores 30 goals or more in a season

?100k for winning European player of the Year (small print: three years in succession)

and so on

jamboinglasgow

so Rangers say they are going to offer ?1m, not actually submitted it. Me thinks this is like there non-existent Goodwillie second bid.

Charlie-Brown

If we can get them up to the 1.1m or whatever it was that we sold Hartley to Sellick for, that's not a bad deal for Hearts. It's going to be horrendous seeing him playing for the Orcs but it's better than having him sitting in the stand for a year if he decides to see out his contract. He's been a good servant to the club and i'm sure all at the academy will be proud of him.

hearts have done more for Lee Wallace than Lee Wallace has done for Hearts - I like him as a player but he can GTF if he wants to go and play through there. :down:

Harry Palmer

I wouldn't deal with Rangers myself. Too much of Whyte's money just frankly doesn't exist - hypothetical money based on mortgages set against projected incomes.

If LW is going, make it down south please.

As I said, "cash only" in regards to anything from that lot.

Premiership easy...and as in another thread, last week probably but seems like weeks ago..make the call to Liverpool, Vlad. :thumbsup:

Say What Again

Yep. It could prove foolish not to.

Knock back a million Hun pounds - for him to go their anyway for nothing, in 12 months time. :(

I'd consider it to be quite shabby & disloyal from Lee Wallace IF he's refusing to sign a new contract offer that would mean he & Hearts would get a better deal imo. :angry:

The smear campaign starts here.

:lol:

Maiden Gorgie

From ?300,000 to ?1 Million.

There you go....in black and white how much they deliberately mock and piss on the rest of the SPL with their bully boy derisory behaviour.

They simply don't deserve him.

Precisely.

Or perhaps just an attempt to try to convince their own fans they have money, rather than actually trying to buy him?

Footballfirst

Given the financial situation at Ibrokes and the possibility of them going under should the HMRC case be lost, I wouldn't be agreeing to any deal with them that involved payment in installments.

Charlie-Brown

Do you want him to play for Rangers? Don't you think Hearts deserve a better price and more from Lee Wallace considering everything they've done to help his career? Or does his idea of loyalty on cut one way? Craig Gordon & Christophe Berra did the right thing and got good moves and earned the club a good transfer fee - Paul Ritchie and Andy Webster thought only of themselves and shafted Hearts - I'd hate to see Wallace do the same.

I genuinely dont think you can understimate Vlad pettiness in this. I can honestly see him turning down the Huns in favour of him losing Wallace further down the line free to someone else.

Yep. It could prove foolish not to.

Knock back a million Hun pounds - for him to go their anyway for nothing, in 12 months time. :(

Would we be knocking back ?1m, though? Is it just under ?1m up front and then further payments based on appearances/caps or is it something like 600k potentially rising to 950k?

Say What Again

Would we be knocking back ?1m, though? Is it just under ?1m up front and then further payments based on appearances/caps or is it something like 600k potentially rising to 950k?

Nobody can say just now.

IF, the deal is close to million in cash - then it would need serious consideration.

Big_Hearts_Runner

I bet your very warm with that. More ibrox spin "close to a mill" ...

Do you want him to play for Rangers? Don't you think Hearts deserve a better price and more from Lee Wallace considering everything they've done to help his career? Or does his idea of loyalty on cut one way? Craig Gordon & Christophe Berra did the right thing and got good moves and earned the club a good transfer fee - Paul Ritchie and Andy Webster thought only of themselves and shafted Hearts - I'd hate to see Wallace do the same.

I don't think Lee Wallace owes Hearts anything. He's played many games - and is now one of our best players. If he has recovered from his injury he has outgrown Hearts and needs a move to a bigger club who play at a higher level than us. If he is to achieve his full potential in the game. Rangers would be a good chance for him to find out what it is like to win (and be required to win) each week and to play a lot of European football.

I don't know if he has been offered a contract by Hearts.

Charlie-Brown

I don't think Lee Wallace owes Hearts anything. He's played many games - and is now one of our best players. If he has recovered from his injury he has outgrown Hearts and needs a move to a bigger club who play at a higher level than us. If he is to achieve his full potential in the game. Rangers would be a good chance for him to find out what it is like to win (and be required to win) each week and to play a lot of European football.

I don't know if he has been offered a contract by Hearts.

He doesn't owe anything to the club that helped him build a professional football and international career? a club that pays him well even through long spells out through injury and stood by him despite some criminal convictions and poor standards of behaviour away from football - owes us nothing? Some people have strange ideas about loyalty imo. :down:

Dr. Bapswent

Not at all, I completely agree.

Im sure most players worth ?1 million+ in the SPL would happily be sold at a figure far less than ?1 million to achieve the OF wages.

The mercenary attitude takes over.

He doesn't owe anything to the club that helped him build a professional football and international career? a club that pays him well even through long spells out through injury and stood by him despite some criminal convictions and poor standards of behaviour away from football - owes us nothing? Some people have strange ideas about loyalty imo. :down:

Did you think that Hammil or Taouil or Sutton should have signed a new contract before signing for Hearts? Potentially pricing themselves out of a move.

Wallace to my mind has given everything on the pitch when he's played for Hearts. That's enough for me.

I genuinely dont think you can understimate Vlad pettiness in this. I can honestly see him turning down the Huns in favour of him losing Wallace further down the line free to someone else.

That's because Vlad is the man and anyone that says differently is WRONG IMO, no infact it's not an opinion. :thumbsup:

i'm kinda resigned to him leaving soon so i would take that in a flash if it means that we have a few more quid to offer rudi.

Charlie-Brown

You mean an initial bid FF? They were quoted ?2M last week and Billionaire Craig Whyte complained it was too expensive, Steven Thompson said yesterday no further contact nor any bid from Rangers had been made.

Drylaw Hearts

?1million should do it.

I'd rather he left now than stayed for another year leaving for nowt.

Charlie-Brown

Did you think that Hammil or Taouil or Sutton should have signed a new contract before signing for Hearts? Potentially pricing themselves out of a move.

Wallace to my mind has given everything on the pitch when he's played for Hearts. That's enough for me.

I've no idea what those players were offered by killie or Motherwll, only Hamill came up through the ranks at those clubs however IF he'd signed a deal that would have seen Killie earn a transfer fee although it might have meant hearts missed out on the player I wouldn't have criticised him for it or thought he was wrong in showing some loyalty to the club that gave him his opportunity. As i said players like Berra and Gordon did the right thing and had enough belief in their own ability to earn themselves a good move and repay the club by earning a good transfer fee - win / win imo.

Charlie-Brown

?1million should do it.

I'd rather he signed a new contract and repaid the club's loyalty and investment in him.

Harry Palmer

?1million should do it.

?1m cash?

And I agree,, he's going but unfortunately for less than he should have...lack of forward planning/unable to predict injuries etc with him and Driver. Although, Wallace should have had a new contract last season.

I've no idea what those players were offered by killie or Motherwll, only Hamill came up through the ranks at those clubs however IF he'd signed a deal that would have seen Killie earn a transfer fee although it might have meant hearts missed out on the player I wouldn't have criticised him for it or thought he was wrong in showing some loyalty to the club that gave him his opportunity. As i said players like Berra and Gordon did the right thing and had enough belief in their own ability to earn themselves a good move and repay the club by earning a good transfer fee - win / win imo.

Did Hearts offer Wallace a new contract? VR thought that Wallace's value would be at its peak just now - so why has he allowed the contract to run down?

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/1814942/I-was-sold-on-Vlad-at-the-start.html?print=yes

Charlie-Brown

Did Hearts offer Wallace a new contract? VR thought that Wallace's value would be at its peak just now - so why has he allowed the contract to run down?

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/1814942/I-was-sold-on-Vlad-at-the-start.html?print=yes

Wallace has spent the last year being badly injured / recovering but hearts want him to sign a new deal http://sport.scotsman.com/heartofmidlothianfc/Hearts-ready-to-offer-Lee.6790533.jp

Drylaw Hearts

I'd rather he signed a new contract and repaid the club's loyalty and investment in him.

I don't think thats going to happen.

So instead he's going to leave now and get the club ?1million thus repaying the clubs loyalty and investment in him.

Only a Game

C'mon Charlie, loyalty and slavery both walked out the door hand in hand the day Bosman won his case.

It is not in Lee Wallace's best interests to sign a new contract, especially when clubs are actively looking at him. I cant think of any player these days who would.

Archived