Footballers' union backs Thomson.

alwaysthereinspirit

heartgarfunkel

For pete's sake, can you lot not all get a grip? Is it not clear that the Blessed Kevin's dive and kick on Samaras was just the starting point of the best and most elaborate April's Fool joke of recent history? Frazer Wishart is an objective, unbiased representative of all players who ply there trade in Scotland, not just Scottish-born ones who play for the Glasgow big two, and his defence of Kev's joke this morning is the giveaway! Why, next we'll have John Hughes and Walter Smith, both as honest as the day is long (the Winter ****ing solstice that is), saying that it's only dorty forrenurs who play for a club owned by a durty forrenur, who would do such a thing, not good, honest, Scottish, Japanese, Swedish, ex-St.Mirren, or East German laddies.

*******s, all of them.:silly:

Guest JamboRobbo
Fired a copy to Stuart and Tam too now.

Now that is a pair that might actually have the balls to run with this......

Scotland's football "set up" is an embarrassment and a disgrace.

I can practically guarantee it is corrupt also - based upon opinion as opposed to fact.

It would be relatively easy to infilitrate and shatter. We should club together to get Donal McIntyre to "Investigate"

lawriejambo

Kevin Thomson - the first player, ever, carried off with a Red neck.

Quality :107years:

:)

Fraser Wishart is the biggest tool going......

If this was anybody outside the In-Firm....they would have a 3 match ban at least....

Bu because it's Thomson....it's...he's no cheat...and he never dived...

Pathetic :mad:

Another corrupt league ..................

As we all know has been happening in Scotland for years.

If corruption can happen in Italy, Portugal and Germany - to name just 3, and agents get away with bungs practically everywhere, then Scotland is actually a prime place for corruption within the SFA to take place

Vested interests (deep and inbred) mixed with a closed shop Kangeroo Court set of rules and regs are simply begging to be abused.

Throw in money and influence of, say, people with interest in metals....

For any smuggo in a blazer and tie to turn round and say "It would never happen in Scotland"

Pah.

I say pah!

Its just a shame that no-one else in Scotland stood up with us when Vlad first got the bit between his teeth. You know, before he went mental, and bonkers and turned us into a shambles...

bean counter

Genuine question

What was the reactions of the Radio Scotland ( Gordon\Young\Traynor ) crew to all of this? No one has mentioned them is that because they all called Thomson a cheat.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Genuine question

What was the reactions of the Radio Scotland ( Gordon\Young\Traynor ) crew to all of this? No one has mentioned them is that because they all called Thomson a cheat.

Can't speak for those three, but the summariser on Setanta called it a "blatant dive". Fair play to the whoever that was for not acting like Stevie Wonder.

john brownlee
Ha ...........mentioned something similar to a mate when he barged some guy on Saturday. I think it was about 3:05 pm during Broonaldinho's 1st outing for the Mhanks and the commentator says " since arriving at Celtic, Scott brown has matured ..........rough edges blah blah ......no longer a hot-headed young man blah blah"

I take it this was either an attempt to brainwash the watching public AND / OR the match officials of future games OR these clowns simply cant see futher than that pair and they actually believe the tosh they spout :Bazooka:

brooninaldo will not get the old firm treatment and will probably continue to get cards

the refs gave him a chance when he first turned out for the manks but showed them no respect, his blantent eye balling, back chating etc. even on saturday when the ref was trying to help him the vile abuse that was coming from him to the ref was quite unbelievable any non old firm player would have shurley walked

Of course his ratio of fouls to booking have increased since joining the manks ie lot more fouls a lot less bookings but as I said I think that will now end. and not a moment to soon

The refs now hate him and he will not get the brothers protection. I already think that strapon has noticed this and I wonder how long it will be before brooninaldo gets dropped Hes one of those players that are more thug than footballer.

I'm beginning to have an extreme hate for Fraser Wishart. To try and defend a blatent dive like Thomson's is obsurd. I'd understand if Wishart was his agent, or worked for Rangers, but he's there to support the players.

How can the players respect the head of thier union when he obviously advocates blatent cheating?

Now I will admit that I am as paranoid as the next guy when it comes to Hearts and what has been obvious over the past few years in Scottish football pertaining to us.. This morning I read that the union is backing Thomson with regards to his alleged dive. They know for a fact he took a sore one. How? Did he tell them? We as Hearts fans watched I believe 3 players booked in a row for diving this season. All proved after further review to have been fouled. Not once did I hear the union intervene on our club or the players behalf. This mornings backing of Thomson by the union of all Scottish players again shows our game in its true light. We are a Mickey Mouse league run by the Disney characters.

Excuse my vent but it p!$$es me off that all the other teams in Scotland cant get together and get this taken care of.:sad:

these weegie union lackies will back any player who plays for the huns (oops sorry maybe i'm not allowed to call rangers players huns as i've been warned not to use the term tattie muncher)

our players are being treated like dirt by the weegie mafia and it's time romanov stood up for the hearts instead of acting the coward.

Gerd Muller

The media can never say a bad word about the old firm. The Old firm have too much going for them for the media to critisise them. The Daily Record for example doesnt like to report anything bad about the old firm and try and turn a bad situation around with comments to make them look good. I never do hope that some sections of the media come out and make Thomson look like a tit because I havent seen any do it so far. Why do Hearts always get the media attention regarding diving? FAO Jambovambo, hope someone can look into this and write an article on it.

Its funny when people say, who do you hate more? Rangers or Celtic? Wheres the option for both? I truely hate both of them and because they are from Glasgow, I'm starting to hate that place too. Then there are the people, ok so not all of glaswegians are bad however there are far too many nutters through there for my liking. You just have to look at the BBC News scotland website and look at the lanarkshire part to find murders, stabbings, gun crime, gangland fights/killings. Anyway....Fraser Wishart is a phud.

Genuine question

I would like to think that Richard Gordon as an objective unbiased BBC presenter is,at this moment,on a Rangers website defending the comments he has made (which I must have missed somehow) that Kevin Thomson should be hounded out of Scottish football. He said that about Mikoliunas..he came on here. And of course it was all about the "principle". Aye right.

I'm beginning to have an extreme hate for Fraser Wishart. To try and defend a blatent dive like Thomson's is obsurd. I'd understand if Wishart was his agent, or worked for Rangers, but he's there to support the players.

How can the players respect the head of thier union when he obviously advocates blatent cheating?

I've hated him for ages.

The fecker never has a good word to say about the JT's.

Tosser.

Just beginning?!?!?!?!?!

The lot of them have shown themselves up for what they are IMO. FFS, Walter Smith was going on about a "broken leg" post match, the leg, that is THAT broken that he went to the Three Sisters that night (It is not acceptable to enjoy that he was hit by a glass) THAT broken that he will be fit for a game this week!

He cheated, just as much as Mikoliunas. I would not see it as THAT bad a deal had it not been for the laughable condemnation that Mikoliunas received. In fact, I remember prominent members on here that wanted Mikoliunas chucked out of the country and did not want to see him play again.

Funny how EVERYBODY reacts different eh!

Genuine question

gordon hoped that thomson was not seriously injured ,"although it did look as if he was trying to win a penalty by kicking samaras and leaving a leg in" unbelievable comments from gordon after his famous rant on miko "boo miko at every ground in scotland",

traynor usually excellent and fearless tended to sympathise with thomson only because he had been carried off .

as for young, sorry but nobody outside ibrox should take this buffoon serious

coppercrutch
these weegie union lackies will back any player who plays for the huns (oops sorry maybe i'm not allowed to call rangers players huns as i've been warned not to use the term tattie muncher)

our players are being treated like dirt by the weegie mafia and it's time romanov stood up for the hearts instead of acting the coward.

I think that comment is incredibly unfair. Of all the things to say about Vlad he is the only owner of a club who has truly stood up to the OF and the SFA and outed them for the corrupt institutions they are.

Even then he got abuse from many a Hearts fan because he was apparently just making it 'worse for us'.

Holy **** the guy called them cheats, corrupt and monkeys FFS !!! What else do you want this 'coward' to do....................:eek:

Players? union jump to the defence of Kevin Thomson

Heres the article in the times. Not sure if its by Speirs or not.

Cheers, I read the article and saw this claim

Television replays suggested there was little contact as Thomson made his way past the Greece international just outside the Celtic penalty area and Thomson has been widely castigated in the media :eek:

And FW's stance that KT basically jumped to avoid serious injury is simply laughable :mad:

Whats the point eh :sad:

If someone from another country dives it is bad. The Scottish media support a ban, Walter Smith supports a ban, the SFA support a ban, the players union offer no support to the player.

A Scottish player dives - it's OK by all of the above. I think their is a name for that sort of behaviour!

Fraser Wishart is an absolute ******.

Not too bright and a total bluenose. Usual combination, eh? he's got a big chip about Hearts also. An all round top guy!! Possibly the worst full back ever to play for Hearts.

The media can never say a bad word about the old firm. The Old firm have too much going for them for the media to critisise them. The Daily Record for example doesnt like to report anything bad about the old firm and try and turn a bad situation around with comments to make them look good. I never do hope that some sections of the media come out and make Thomson look like a tit because I havent seen any do it so far. Why do Hearts always get the media attention regarding diving? FAO Jambovambo, hope someone can look into this and write an article on it.

Its funny when people say, who do you hate more? Rangers or Celtic? Wheres the option for both? I truely hate both of them and because they are from Glasgow, I'm starting to hate that place too. Then there are the people, ok so not all of glaswegians are bad however there are far too many nutters through there for my liking. You just have to look at the BBC News scotland website and look at the lanarkshire part to find murders, stabbings, gun crime, gangland fights/killings. Anyway....Fraser Wishart is a phud.

I'm pleased to say my letter's in the Herald today. Still to check the Scotsman properly.

GIRFUY.

I thenk yow.

http://www.theherald.co.uk/search/display.var.2163842.0.much_hypocrisy_over_thomsons_dive.php

I'm pleased to say my letter's in the Herald today. Still to check the Scotsman properly.

GIRFUY.

I thenk yow.

http://www.theherald.co.uk/search/display.var.2163842.0.much_hypocrisy_over_thomsons_dive.php

It's been edited, which is fair enough, but it has diluted the emphasis on Walter Smith's hypocrisy ...

"Much hypocrisy over Thomson’s ‘dive’

I refer to Kevin Thomson's dive against Celtic on Saturday, and the support he has subsequently received from his management, various pundits in the game, and most crucially Fraser Wishart, the head of the Scottish Player's Union.

In particular, I draw attention to an article on the BBC website about the famous Saulius Mikoliunas diving incident at the Scotland-Lithuania game in September last year in which Rangers manager Walter Smith supports Uefa's decision to charge the player with misconduct.

"When you can show it as clearly as that, yes, I think there should be punishment," said Smith. "The incident is one that I think football can do without . . . It's something we don't have a great deal of in our football."

Stephen Frail, Hearts' interim manager, said: "I'm pretty sure if it had been a Celtic or Rangers player doing the same thing for their club it would not have met with the same response and outcry."

He pointed to Joe Jordan's infamous handball against Wales in 1977 to illustrate a degree of hypocrisy among Scottish fans.

"We went to the World Cup on the back of that," he said. "And we all laugh at Maradona's handball against England."

It is a disgrace that no action is planned against Kevin Thomson.

It is also a disgrace that his actions are defended as they have been."

PS it's not in the Scotsman.

How can they bandy about this Cheats Charter so soon after the weekend with no official condemnation of Kevin Thomson?

It beggars belief ...

How can they bandy about this Cheats Charter so soon after the weekend with no official condemnation of Kevin Thomson?

It beggars belief ...

Nice one jv, dare I say 'fair play'? :)

I've been disgusted - but not surprised - by the reaction to Thomson's blatant cheating.

Saturday was the first time I can remember hoping that a player had broken his leg.

Absolutely no difference between Miko's dive and Thomson's genuine attempt to beat a player going into the box.

Used to have respect for Wishart - not any more.

I hope Graham Spiers picks up on it in the Times ...

He was fairly quiet about it on monday night for some strange reason, although I thought Murray had virtually run him out of town for his previous 'lack of support' in these matters :P

Miko dived at the Scotland game,and they and the Hearts fans slaughtered him for it but what sickens me is Thomson is getting away scot free,and it sickens me to that whenever the media are talking about diving they always bring the Lithuanians up..i.e ..todays sun newspaper,talkin about the Thomson dive,but it shows you a pic of Miko,correct me if i'm wrong but i know Miko was playin for Hearts on sat,so WHY was'nt Thomsons pic in there :mad:

Fired a copy to Stuart and Tam too now.

Got this from the BBC which says nothing:

"Thank you for your e-mail regarding 'Sportsound'.

I am pleased to advise that I have passed your e-mail on to the programme production team at the e-mail address provided below:

[email protected]

Since our production teams are frequently inundated with correspondence I am unable to guarantee that you will receive a response from them. Nevertheless, should you choose to contact them I wish you a speedy and favourable response.

I hope this is of some assistance and thank you once again for taking the trouble to write and for your feedback"

Just watched the tail end of Donkey (see what I did there?) and Roughie on Setanta, but I guess I missed the discussion about it.

By the way, if that had been Miko on Saturday (already on a yellow card, scores a goal against one of the Old Firm, goes down on the edge of the box with minimal, if not self-inflicted, contact ... sits up and complains then finds / simulates a serious injury ...

... what do you think would have happened ?

He would have been sent off.

U N Q U E S T I O N A B L Y.

By the way, if that had been Miko on Saturday (already on a yellow card, scores a goal against one of the Old Firm, goes down on the edge of the box with minimal, if not self-inflicted, contact ... sits up and complains then finds / simulates a serious injury ...

... what do you think would have happened ?

He would have been sent off.

U N Q U E S T I O N A B L Y.

And there would have been no way that anyone from the Players Union would have been bleating for him. The fact that the establishment in Scottish Football appears to be closing ranks behind Thomson speaks for it's self. Scottish football is seedy, corrupt and rotten to the core.

Harry Palmer

Excuse me, but I've not read any of the guff beforehand; I listened to Real Guff Radio phone in; someone let RIIIPP. The KT Dive. I have still not heard about the KB Dive!! Which I saw once, .Broadfootus? Hello? Anyone....

Frazer Wishart,former RANGERS personell....Where was he when everyone was condeming a Hearts player?

We do not work within a fair and just football regime a fact that has been known for decades and to be honest will not change.

As long as equality is shown between both sides of the old firm (Thats where it all evens its self out garbage comes from!) then the rest of us insignificants can continue to fart against thunder!

Not surprised by the reaction to the Thomson dive but just sickened by the hypocrisy of it all. What Thomson did on Saturday and what Nakamura did at St Mirren a few weeks ago were blatant acts of cheating but somehow all those that were (rightly) labelling Miko a cheat are refusing to label Thomson that way.

jamboinheaven

just watched again after a f ew days why is kevin ok when he appeals no pain in face i tell u whay i would jump on him he would feel it,we need to change things

OK, we've discussed how it's in the OF's interests to have this cosy cartel, where everything "goes their way" ... and this has been used to explain why Celtic have been so quiet about the Thomson dive.

Thomson had scored his goal by that point, so if he had been second-yellowed and off, probably the only difference would have been the end of the game (10 mins to go, am I right?) would have been played out ten against eleven.

Oh how I wish now the score had been one-all at that point, the incident had been inside the box, a penalty given and the Hvns had won the game that way ... then it would have been interesting to see how the press, media, pundits, FW, WGS would have handled it.

Excuse me, but I've not read any of the guff beforehand; I listened to Real Guff Radio phone in; someone let RIIIPP. The KT Dive. I have still not heard about the KB Dive!! Which I saw once, .Broadfootus? Hello? Anyone....

Frazer Wishart,former RANGERS personell....Where was he when everyone was condeming a Hearts player?

I believe he was joining the condemnation of Miko!

"We need to drive cheating out of our game" was the quote I remember!

Archived