Footballers' union backs Thomson.

alwaysthereinspirit

alwaysthereinspirit

Now I will admit that I am as paranoid as the next guy when it comes to Hearts and what has been obvious over the past few years in Scottish football pertaining to us.. This morning I read that the union is backing Thomson with regards to his alleged dive. They know for a fact he took a sore one. How? Did he tell them? We as Hearts fans watched I believe 3 players booked in a row for diving this season. All proved after further review to have been fouled. Not once did I hear the union intervene on our club or the players behalf. This mornings backing of Thomson by the union of all Scottish players again shows our game in its true light. We are a Mickey Mouse league run by the Disney characters.

Excuse my vent but it p!$$es me off that all the other teams in Scotland cant get together and get this taken care of.:sad:

The Hearts players should be asking Fraser Wishart why he has been silent in their defense this season.

He's paid to represent them as well as rankers players.

The Old Tolbooth

It really makes you wonder what the hell is the point in going to watch Scotish Football.

It really is so bent and corrupt that you can join the old firm and get away with whatever you like.

Kevin Thomson cheated on Saturday, end of story, and I really cant believe more isn't being made of Donkey Broadfoots dive which was EVEN worse! I think the heats been taken off him because of Thomsons dive.

Another interesting fact is that the commentators mentioned that Scott Brown has been booked 53 times in his career (54 including Saturday), I wonder how many has occured whilst playing in Glasgow compared to when he was across the road (I know he played many more games for Hibs, however there must be a games to booking ratio that can be worked out)

It amazes me even more that we fork out the best part of 2-3 thousand quid every season following our side in a league thats corrupt, a league that we will NEVER have a chance of winning because Glasgow says so (I think that was proved with the neer's day game against Celtic 2 seasons ago).

Now I will admit that I am as paranoid as the next guy when it comes to Hearts and what has been obvious over the past few years in Scottish football pertaining to us.. This morning I read that the union is backing Thomson with regards to his alleged dive. They know for a fact he took a sore one. How? Did he tell them? We as Hearts fans watched I believe 3 players booked in a row for diving this season. All proved after further review to have been fouled. Not once did I hear the union intervene on our club or the players behalf. This mornings backing of Thomson by the union of all Scottish players again shows our game in its true light. We are a Mickey Mouse league run by the Disney characters.

Excuse my vent but it p!$$es me off that all the other teams in Scotland cant get together and get this taken care of.:sad:

Easy way to sort this !

Show us the fecking bruise Thomson !

bean counter

Was Wishart being offically quoted as the Union rep or as an ex Rangers player with the press saying he is the Union rep ?

I have been trying to find any comments attributed Wishart around the time of the Miko incident without success.

I would be interested on his take thought because they are identical. There was only contact in each incident because the player falling down went looking for it on the way.

Both examples of cheating, both being treated entirely differently by the media. Not unexpected, but a blatant example of how many of them are in Rangers's/Murray's pocket.

It really makes you wonder what the hell is the point in going to watch Scotish Football.

It really is so bent and corrupt that you can join the old firm and get away with whatever you like.

Kevin Thomson cheated on Saturday, end of story, and I really cant believe more isn't being made of Donkey Broadfoots dive which was EVEN worse! I think the heats been taken off him because of Thomsons dive.

Another interesting fact is that the commentators mentioned that Scott Brown has been booked 53 times in his career (54 including Saturday), I wonder how many has occured whilst playing in Glasgow compared to when he was across the road (I know he played many more games for Hibs, however there must be a games to booking ratio that can be worked out)

It amazes me even more that we fork out the best part of 2-3 thousand quid every season following our side in a league thats corrupt, a league that we will NEVER have a chance of winning because Glasgow says so (I think that was proved with the neer's day game against Celtic 2 seasons ago).

Ha ...........mentioned something similar to a mate when he barged some guy on Saturday. I think it was about 3:05 pm during Broonaldinho's 1st outing for the Mhanks and the commentator says " since arriving at Celtic, Scott brown has matured ..........rough edges blah blah ......no longer a hot-headed young man blah blah"

I take it this was either an attempt to brainwash the watching public AND / OR the match officials of future games OR these clowns simply cant see futher than that pair and they actually believe the tosh they spout :Bazooka:

We have a players union, who even after having seen the evidence, are backing a player who has been proven on national television to have cheated in the highest profile fixture in the country.

Only in Scotland.

I have been trying to find any comments attributed Wishart around the time of the Miko incident without success.

I would be interested on his take thought because they are identical. There was only contact in each incident because the player falling down went looking for it on the way.Both examples of cheating, both being treated entirely differently by the media. Not unexpected, but a blatant example of how many of them are in Rangers's/Murray's pocket.

Hate to pick you up here, but there was NO contact between Miko and ... who was it again ... Darren Fletcher ? ... in the international ...

We have a players union, who even after having seen the evidence, are backing a player who has been proven on national television to have cheated in the highest profile fixture in the country.

Only in Scotland.

Exactly. And it's not as if the commentators at the game, some of the press, some of the TV pundits etc are sticking up for him either ...

The Guy Cheated And To Make Things Worse Tried To Cover It Up By Feigning Injury.

Also, if he was supposedly "rushed to hospital" ... I hope that ambulance wasn't needed for something else in the meantime.

Hate to pick you up here, but there was NO contact between Miko and ... who was it again ... Darren Fletcher ? ... in the international ...

It was Fletcher and by the time he hit the ground Miko had made contact with Fletcher's leg. It was not the cause of his falling over but he certainly did manage to get his leg on to Fletchers.

I would be interested on his take thought because they are identical. There was only contact in each incident because the player falling down went looking for it on the way.

Both examples of cheating, both being treated entirely differently by the media. Not unexpected, but a blatant example of how many of them are in Rangers's/Murray's pocket.

Don't know about comments by Wishaw but there is this....

Assistant coach Stephen Frail says Hearts will do all they can to back Saulius Mikoliunas during the storm caused by his dive at Hampden.

But Rangers boss Walter Smith supports Uefa's decision to charge Mikoliunas with misconduct against Scotland.

The Lithuanian could receive a two-match ban for "deceiving the referee" to win a penalty.

And Smith said: "When you can show it as clearly as that, yes, I think there should be punishment."

Uefa's control and disciplinary body will review video evidence of Mikoliunas's theatrical dive on Wednesday.

"The incident is one that I think football can do without," added Smith, who takes his Rangers team to Tynecastle on Saturday.

But Smith does not believe that it is a problem that blights Scottish football.

"It's something we don't have a great deal of in our football," he added. "I don't think it's prevalent in our football."

Frail made it clear that he did not want to get involved in a war of words.

But he said: "I'm pretty sure if it had been a Celtic or Rangers player doing the same thing for their club it would not have met with the same response and outcry."

And he pointed to Joe Jordan's infamous handball against Wales in 1977 to illustrate a degree of hypocrisy among Scottish fans.

"We went to the World Cup on the back of that," he said. "And we all laugh at Maradona's handball against England."

Mikoliunas is nursing a hamstring injury and is not expected to face Rangers.

He can expect a hostile reception from opposition supporters when he does appear but Frail believes the winger can handle it.

"They can boo and they will boo him, hopefully it will make him stronger," he continued.

"It's up to us as a club, if he does get booed, to get round him because he is our player. We have to make sure he is okay.

"I have spoken to him, I have told him we will look after him and will protect him.

"I don't want a witch-hunt against him; he is one of ours."

Rangers striker Steven Naismith agrees that football's governing body should intervene in a bid to eradicate the problem of diving.

"That's the right way to do it," said the 21-year-old. "It's the only way to stamp it out.

"I'm not here to say it's right or wrong - I'm only a player - but I'm sure they will get the decision right.

"To be honest, I think it's part of the game nowadays. It shouldn't be part of the game but it is and you just have to rise above it."

You couldn't make it up!

You couldn't make it up!

You should send that as a quote to the Letters pages of all the decent papers ...

The worst part of Wisharts statement is that he goes on about how if players think they might be about to be fouled then they should throw themselves in the air to miss the tackle and avoid getting injured, regardless of whether the tackles is actually made. He then mentions Eduardo's injury as a comparison!! So what he is saying is that it's all Eduardo's fault for going into the tackle and not diving ????

You couldn't make it up!

That is pretty amusing. I agree with JamboVambo, you should send that to the newspapers along with the radio phone in on BBC Scotland.

I'm sure JT&T would be delighted to highlight the hypocrisy on his show too, being the massive Hearts fan he is of course. :P

*** it. Sent this to the Scotsman and will follow up with the others. Legend - your highlisghting was very handy - but doesn't show up here ... thanks for your effort.

"Dear Sirs,

I refer to Kevin Thomson?s dive against Celtic on Saturday, and the support he has subsequently received from his management, various pundits in the game, and most crucially Fraser Wishart, the head of the Scottish Player?s Union.

In particular, I draw attention to an article on the BBC website (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/6995682.stm) about the famous incident at the Scotland Lithuania game in September last year (highlighted parts in bold are extremely significant):

?Assistant coach Stephen Frail says Hearts will do all they can to back Saulius Mikoliunas during the storm caused by his dive at Hampden.

But Rangers boss Walter Smith supports Uefa's decision to charge Mikoliunas with misconduct against Scotland.

The Lithuanian could receive a two-match ban for "deceiving the referee" to win a penalty.

And Smith said: "When you can show it as clearly as that, yes, I think there should be punishment."

Uefa's control and disciplinary body will review video evidence of Mikoliunas's theatrical dive on Wednesday.

"The incident is one that I think football can do without," added Smith, who takes his Rangers team to Tynecastle on Saturday.

"It's something we don't have a great deal of in our football," he added. "I don't think it's prevalent in our football."

But he said: "I'm pretty sure if it had been a Celtic or Rangers player doing the same thing for their club it would not have met with the same response and outcry."

And he pointed to Joe Jordan's infamous handball against Wales in 1977 to illustrate a degree of hypocrisy among Scottish fans.

"We went to the World Cup on the back of that," he said. "And we all laugh at Maradona's handball against England."

He can expect a hostile reception from opposition supporters when he does appear but Frail believes the winger can handle it.

"They can boo and they will boo him, hopefully it will make him stronger," he continued.

"It's up to us as a club, if he does get booed, to get round him because he is our player. We have to make sure he is okay.

"I have spoken to him, I have told him we will look after him and will protect him.

Rangers striker Steven Naismith agrees that football's governing body should intervene in a bid to eradicate the problem of diving.

"That's the right way to do it," said the 21-year-old. "It's the only way to stamp it out.

"I'm not here to say it's right or wrong - I'm only a player - but I'm sure they will get the decision right.

"To be honest, I think it's part of the game nowadays. It shouldn't be part of the game but it is and you just have to rise above it."?

It is a disgrace that no action is planned against Kevin Thomson. It is also a disgrace that his actions are defended as they have been.

"

Ray Winstone

I cant believe Wishart does not feel embarased by defending Thomson!

Easy way to sort this !

He can't just now because it doesn't exist....but if he does have to show one, any volunteers?

*** it. Sent this to the Scotsman and will follow up with the others. Legend - your highlighting was very handy - but doesn't show up here ... thanks for your effort.

"Dear Sirs, .....It is a disgrace that no action is planned against Kevin Thomson. It is also a disgrace that his actions are defended as they have been."

Well played JV, let us know how you get on.

Commander Harris

even if he is injured he would have sustained the injury in the process of trying to decieve the referee. It's certainly no proof that he didn't cheat.

Frail was right to make that comment at the time - we all knew this would come around.

The two faced positioning of the Scottish Football establishment is breath-taking

Guest JamboRobbo

I was one of those who said at the time Miko deserved to be punished for what he did.

I was also one of those who have said "that wasn't as bad" to various incidents which have happened since.

However, the incidents involving Thomson and Broadfoot (why has he got off so lightly - is it because there IS no defence of what he did??), are every bit as "bad" as what Miko did.

The treatment should be the same, both in the media, and by the football authorities.

Walter Smith is showing himself up as a hypocrite.

Fraser Wishart is showing himself up as a hypocrite.

Gordon Smith is showing himself up as a hypocrite.

All 3 of these people spoke up and condemned Miko. Yet none of them have spoken up to condemn Thomson or Broadfoot, and indeed it appears they are doing the opposite, and are speaking up to defend him.

Is it racism? Or is it just favouritism towards the OF? Or perhaps a combination of the two.

Any fair minded journalists out there should be making a big deal of this, not sweeping it under the carpet. By sweeping it under the carpet, they are complicit in what is happening.

The Old Tolbooth
Ha ...........mentioned something similar to a mate when he barged some guy on Saturday. I think it was about 3:05 pm during Broonaldinho's 1st outing for the Mhanks and the commentator says " since arriving at Celtic, Scott brown has matured ..........rough edges blah blah ......no longer a hot-headed young man blah blah"

I take it this was either an attempt to brainwash the watching public AND / OR the match officials of future games OR these clowns simply cant see futher than that pair and they actually believe the tosh they spout :Bazooka:

I think you've hit the nail on the head mate, they really do incredibly believe the pish that they spout. :confused:

You couldn't make it up!

Ahhh hahahahahahaahaha! Thats the find of the century - any decent journalist out there should be taking each and every one of the quotes in that article and asking each of them wht their opinion on the matter it now.

....Walter Smith is showing himself up as a hypocrite.

Fraser Wishart is showing himself up as a hypocrite.

Gordon Smith is showing himself up as a hypocrite...

Walter Smith is showing himself up as a hypocrite but TBH i wouldn't expect anything else and would hope any *ahem* Hearts manager would do the same and back our players to the hilt, no matter what.

Fraser Wishart and Gordon Smith on the other hand are not only showing themselves up to be hypocritical but extremely unprofessional.

Hearts should be making an official complaint to the SFA regarding GS's silence after his numerous diatribes against Miko (By that i mean CO through official channels, not a VR rant on the website).

The Hearts playing staff should be making an official complaint to the SPFA regarding FW's backing of KT, despite the media evidence to contrary, and his lack of backing to another of their members, namely Miko.

Do we have any reason to believe that Miko is / would be a member of the Scottish PFA ?

I assume membership is voluntary,as per any other trade union, no?

Guest JamboRobbo
Do we have any reason to believe that Miko is / would be a member of the Scottish PFA ?

i'd be surprised if he wasn't. I know when my bro played down south, he joined english PFA, as did the other foreign players( not sure if it was mandatory mind you).

Had a quick peek over on 'Kerrydale St' and saw this comment

Kevin Thomson - the first player, ever, carried off with a Red neck.

Quality :107years:

I'm not 100% but i think every player, SPL through to 3rd, are automatically members of the GMB through the SPFA.

Fraser Wishart is just another spunk stain on the ugly face that is Scottish Football

Eeeurgh ... what an unpleasant image.

Easy way to sort this !

The only bruise he can show is the one on his head after somebody threw at glass at him!

It all happened at a private party - amazing that - carried off, rushed to hospital then off to a pish up!!!:rolleyes:

So what's possibly different about the Thomson case (trying to be objective here):

It wasn't an international.

It wasn't primarily under UEFA's jurisdiction.

Contact was made (albeit by Thomson on Samaras).

It wasn't in the penalty box.

It wasn't by a Lithuanian.

It wasn't by a Hearts player.

It was by an Old Firm player (again, albeit, against the other OF team).

Actually, why aren't Celtic going mental about it?

Ever since Fraser Wishart has been part of the spfa he has been blatantly biased towards the OF when it comes to defending players!

Miko dives = Cheat

Thomson dives = avoiding a tackle ?

Miko squares up to a linesman = 8 games

Lennon squares up to a referee = 3 games (Mainly due to SPFA representation citing previous good behaviour)

Hah - just reminded of ...

"Hartson banjoes Webster off the ball" ... and O'Neill claimed Webster had hit himself !

(that's when Webster was a good guy)

So what's possibly different about the Thomson case (trying to be objective here):

It wasn't an international.

It wasn't primarily under UEFA's jurisdiction.

Contact was made (albeit by Thomson on Samaras).

It wasn't in the penalty box.

It wasn't by a Lithuanian.

It wasn't by a Hearts player.

It was by an Old Firm player (again, albeit, against the other OF team).

Actually, why aren't Celtic going mental about it?

Because they are in a glass house.

...Actually, why aren't Celtic going mental about it?

One word - Nakamura.

Make that two words - Nakamura, McGeady.

*** it. Sent this to the Scotsman and will follow up with the others. Legend - your highlisghting was very handy - but doesn't show up here ... thanks for your effort.

"Dear Sirs,

I refer to Kevin Thomson?s dive against Celtic on Saturday, and the support he has subsequently received from his management, various pundits in the game, and most crucially Fraser Wishart, the head of the Scottish Player?s Union.

In particular, I draw attention to an article on the BBC website (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/6995682.stm) about the famous incident at the Scotland Lithuania game in September last year (highlighted parts in bold are extremely significant):

?Assistant coach Stephen Frail says Hearts will do all they can to back Saulius Mikoliunas during the storm caused by his dive at Hampden.

"To be honest, I think it's part of the game nowadays. It shouldn't be part of the game but it is and you just have to rise above it."?

It is a disgrace that no action is planned against Kevin Thomson. It is also a disgrace that his actions are defended as they have been.

"

Nice one. Look forward to the media picking up on this (:rolleyes:) or more likely your telling us why they won't/can't!!

I'd bloody hope other teams' fans are equally up in arms about this.

Or is it just a case of let Hearts fans do the leg work and they'll piggy-back onto any success we have in levelling the old-Easter-Road-proportioned playing field?

For the two Selliks mentioned already, might I add Sutton, Larsson, Petrov....

Archived