Touil - signed?

Boris

Charlie-Brown

Suso takes the ball into the opposition box and forces the defenders to either double-up, take him down, or let him thread a pass or hit a shot. If we have the players drilled to capitalise on that then we have a potential goal, penalty or corner. If Taouil can do the same then we have two players in the squad who offer a real threat to the opposition IMO. :)

Despite getting a wee bit of a hard time recently, Driver did the same at the tail end of last season too. Driver however has a potential advantage over both Santana and Mehdi because he has real pace when fit and firing on all cylinders. Driver in his pomp was killing sides with his pace. The Driver we saw at the end of last season was not fit enough to break for goal with pace alone on the break but adapted his game to work his way past defenders out wide in the corners and either take it in to the box or cross for a striker, unfortunately we were light on out and out strikers at this point and so often this came to nowt.

I think we really need a squad that can handle the very different expectations of Europa, SPL and Cup campaigns.

A decent prolonged run in one competition would be a start nevermind all 3-4 tournaments.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't say that I'm overwhelmed with the prospect of Taouil signing for us, tbh - decent player, but I had hoped for better.

I think he'll be a good signing. Bring a bit of creativity.

Johanes de Silentio

Jungle John is seething at feeling the wrath of the orignal and best clique for his nomnomnomnomn lolol patter.

:jjyay:

:D

Johanes de Silentio

I think he'll be a good signing. Bring a bit of creativity.

Aye - definitely - we're crying out for some of that.

I'm just not overwhelmed.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

God Charlie, I would love that!

We do need to consider Europe however surely? For me that means Skacel for his ability is a must.

The cups are extra curricular games that require strength in depth to still be strong playing games every three days or so for periods of the season.

The SPL needs the aquad we have with some tweeking and obviously the players we have brought in being successfull.

We have a very tough season ahead of us just to match our last campaig. To improve on what we managed last time around will require strengthening on what we had.

For me personally, I want to make a fist of the competitions we will be participating in next season and at the same time do better in the league and cups.

I think that we should always try and progress in Europe every time we find ourselves in a position to have a bash at it, the rewards are great and I do not just want two qualifiers and then bust. The extra pressure on us fixture wise is a big hit to our resources and as such can effect our league and domestic cup form... If that hindrance to our bread and butter is all for the sake of two to four games against a couple of non-Scottish sides and we do not even try and progress then aye... Fair enough, state that as the crux of our ambitions and just build a squad that is capable of doing well again in the SPL.

I think we NEED to re-sign Rudi for Europe, need to bring in a couple more SPL standard players and make sure every position on the park is covered with perhaps also another experienced and creative player coming in.

Tjats just all IMO however because I want us to try and progress to a lucrative position in all four competitions... As much as I like Wallace, I think his sale is maybe key to us having a squad capable of actually giving a good account of ourselves in all four.

Only a Game

I think we NEED to re-sign Rudi for Europe,

Rudi is ALREADY signed up for Europe. He has a one year deal which expires on 15th September. I'd imagine we'll be out of Europe by then.

Perhaps this has something to do with us not taking up the option yet ? There is a possibility that we could take this right into very late August and release him just before the end of the window so he can find another club.

Drylaw Hearts

I don't think Rudi's contract will end 2 weeks after the TF closes - that could leave him in limbo 3.1/2 months.

Rudi is ALREADY signed up for Europe. He has a one year deal which expires on 15th September. I'd imagine we'll be out of Europe by then.

Perhaps this has something to do with us not taking up the option yet ? There is a possibility that we could take this right into very late August and release him just before the end of the window so he can find another club.

If we have an option on him, makes sense to exercise it as late as possible. He could break his leg in pre-season, and be out for months...

Obviously, certainty benefits everyone, but costs/risks also need to be considered.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I want us to reach the group stages of the Europa league while emulating last season's league position. I also want us to be serious contenders in one of the two domestic cups.

For my wonts to happen we will need to re-sign Rudi, sell one player for 1m and us sign Taouil, Diamond, Gomis (or similar) and not lose Kello imo.

Only a Game

I don't think Rudi's contract will end 2 weeks after the TF closes - that could leave him in limbo 3.1/2 months.

Yes it would. I reckon it will expire August 31st so that he would be out of contract when the window closes. Cant see it being much earlier than that. Havent seen it said anywhere official or unofficial, thats for sure.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

If Rudi becomes available during next season for nowt and we have not tied him to Hearts... I see Rangers or Celtis seeing the benefit of having him available as a squad member on comparatively low wages and no transfer fee! What would be the risk for one of them signing him on such comparatively low wages and his proven return at an SPL level? :o

Out of contract players can sign for a Club any time Drylaw, they don't need to wait for the next window.

Out of contract players can sign for a Club any time Drylaw, they don't need to wait for the next window.

Not quite. It depends when their contract expires.

Drylaw Hearts

If a players contract ends between 2 TF windows he can sign for a another club but he can't play.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Rudi will play a big part in Hearts' next season, I hope to **** it is for his goals and ability in our heavy schedule, rather than as the guy we needed in a game where we do not have someone of his ability or as a cheap option for the OF who rarely starts but is there to unlock our defence in a game where Kyle, Sutton, Temps, Elliott and Driver have completely run out of ideas in Europe or even domestically and we have no real quality to turn to when our squad has done their best but just lacks that wee bit of quality to take us over the line.

But he would then be a free agent thus able to sign outwith the window would he not?

Sorry didn't see your post above.

If a players contract ends between 2 TF windows he can sign for a another club but he can't play.

Didn't realise they couldn't play. :blink:

Every day's a school day. :thumb:

When I said "commas", I meant overall grammer. :o

Or, indeed, spelling.

Sorry...couldn't resist (the diction police get right on ma teets, normally...)

KillieMitch

Sorry lads but word from the clique in Killie says the opposite. Plus this from Scott Burns on twitter, who's been pretty bang on up to now:

"Taouil looking unlikey due to owner, Flynn mite happen later in window and Diamond depends on Mr Romanov"

http://twitter.com/#!/ScottBurns75

Guest Dr. Pepper

Sorry lads but word from the clique in Killie says the opposite. Plus this from Scott Burns on twitter, who's been pretty bang on up to now:

"Taouil looking unlikey due to owner, Flynn mite happen later in window and Diamond depends on Mr Romanov"

:interesting:

Ryan Gosling

I'm fairly certain Mr Burns is wrong on this one. Almost certain. Pretty much certain.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Never doubt the clique, Killiemitch. :smuggy:

Although I hope you are right and Mr Romanov saves the day again.

Drylaw Hearts

I'm fairly certain Mr Burns is wrong on this one.

By this tomorrow you will be correct DJ.

KillieMitch

My clique wear blue and white... Mind you they had Gus MacPherson DEFINITELY signing and standing in the stadium with a scarf minutes before Mixu was announced...

Bert Le Clos

Never doubt the clique, Killiemitch. :smuggy:

Although I hope you are right and Mr Romanov saves the day again.

On the matter of the clique, here's a rumour for you.

I'd heard the clique are now so powerful, they can ban mods? :ninja:

KillieMitch

I heard that the clique is so big that it receives spam emails advertising pills to make it smaller.

kingantti1874

Who the **** is Scott burns ? And for future reference is there a concise list of clique members

jamboinglasgow

Who the **** is Scott burns ? And for future reference is there a concise list of clique members

Daily Express journalist. To be honest I would more listen to the Sun journalist who is friends with JJ (cant remember his name.)

Tommy Wiseau

Even the Clique have been asking for a members' list. Still waiting. <_<

All you need to know, rock star, is that this guy right here is (co-)king of the Clique swingers. :thumbsup:

This Killie Clique sound like a bunch of try hards imo - clearly don't have the ITK tekkers to get away with it either. Whereas I can exclusively reveal that Dwayne Johnson knows his onions on this one. In fact, as JKB's top tipster (100% record :smuggy: ), I'd almost be tempted to say back Taouil being a Hearts player within the next 48 hours. :thumbsup:

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

Or, indeed, spelling.

Sorry...couldn't resist (the diction police get right on ma teets, normally...)

Grammar police, I think you mean. The diction police would be pulling you up for the manner and sound of your articulation but we can't hear that on here.

"I love the smell of pedantry in the morning......"

Grammar police, I think you mean. The diction police would be pulling you up for the manner and sound of your articulation but we can't hear that on here.

"I love the smell of pedantry in the morning......"

No, I meant diction police.

No, I meant diction police.

You mean like Diction of Dock Green...? :whistling:

I'll pick up my coat on the way out.....

Tommy Wiseau

You mean like Diction of Dock Green...? :whistling:

I'll pick up my coat on the way out.....

There isn't the time.

You need to go right away. :vrface:

:lol:

heartsfc_fan

The Sun say Taouil : YES!

...and Diamond: NO! <-------------------------

Taouil

:woot:

:pleasing:

Gregory House M.D.

Just recieved a text from a reliable source saying and i quote "Jamiej's sources are as reliable as diorrhea & although he will deny this I know it to be true" make of that, what you will. :thumbsup:

Johanes de Silentio

...and Diamond: NO!

Taouil

You'd think our In The Know posters woulda mentioned this.

rudi must stay

Taouil

good news. Hopefully Touill will add a bit of creativity in the midfield, and not signing Diamond might persuade Jefferies to look at what we've already got.

Coburg Hearts

Taouil

This will be poetic justice for Miko, amongst others, and great news for us. (most of us, anyway) :thumbsup::lol:

Based on the endorsement of so many Jambos, I want top this guy Gomis signed up. If he is expensive, isn't there a benefactor out there to help out Vlad? What about that JK Rowling wifie? Is she a Jambo?

Someone (a hero) fronted Robbo's wages for a couple of years when he came back from Newcastle.

Can't someone else do the same for Gomis and chuck in Rooney for good measure.

JK would never miss it.

Archived