Touil - signed?

Boris

nothing shite about it, have a lot of mates from killie and have had the pleasure (or torture) at being at a few of their games... hes pish, contributes little other than a trick every now any again which makes the highlights on sportscene but invariably does nothing and hurts no-one... hes another jose quitongo...

I absolutely hope to god im wrong and its only the games ive seen him in but i deriously doubt it...

bad bad signing especially given the other positios we need to fill

it was though... rubbish.

"jobs for the boys" :vrface:

"folk fizzing in their pants" :vrface:

have a word.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
kingantti1874

it was though... rubbish.

"jobs for the boys" :vrface:

"folk fizzing in their pants" :vrface:

have a word.

Jim and Billy have a history of going back for old players and a lot of people on here getting excited about this signing... both of these are facts...

anyway - last ill say on the subject just now - wait and see... ill open a thread 5 or 6 games into the season and get a general consensus then... if im wrong and hes a superstar ill be more than happy to eat humble pie

rossthejambo

Jim and Billy have a history of going back for old players and a lot of people on here getting excited about this signing... both of these are facts...

anyway - last ill say on the subject just now - wait and see... ill open a thread 5 or 6 games into the season and get a general consensus then... if im wrong and hes a superstar ill be more than happy to eat humble pie

Were you complaining about Kyle coming here last season? Or that Locke was coming along as a coach?

JOBS 4 DA BOIIS!!

:vrface:

Clerry Jambo

Taouil is a flair player, and we can always use more of those.

:thumbsup:

Certainly but still awaiting the dominant, running wi the baw, centre midfielder :angry:

fair enough. lets wait.

i am pretty sure though that JJ and BB would rather sign decent quality players for hearts, rather than sign up guys from the old boys network for the sake of it.

:teehee:

Bert Le Clos

Other than Scakel, who may or may not be staying, we do not have a creative attacking midfielder.

Can't see why people anyone would be so against signing him tbh.

kingantti1874

Were you complaining about Kyle coming here last season? Or that Locke was coming along as a coach?

JOBS 4 DA BOIIS!!

:vrface:

no I wasnt - we had a glaring hole in our side and a blind man could see a fit kevin kyle could contribute, taouil is a winger / AMF..at hearts we already have rudi, suso,temps, driver, stevenson, robinson who can more than cover for those roles... taouil is not better than any of them so whats the point.

Instead of signing more players to make up the numbers id rather we signed maybe 1/2 players who can improve the first team... we need quality not more depth.

Jambof3tornado

hearts, clubs and spades maybe but no diamonds! ;)

Spades! Why not go the whole hog and call them fuzzy wuzzy's?!

This place used to be pc!

Taking the p just in case anyone wondered! Can't do smilies on my phone!

jamboinglasgow

fair enough. lets wait.

i am pretty sure though that JJ and BB would rather sign decent quality players for hearts, rather than sign up guys from the old boys network for the sake of it.

:teehee:

One way of looking at it is they know what they are getting when they sign a player they have already coached. There is always a risk with signing a new player due to the unknown, hence a player who you know their strengths, weaknesses, how they are in a changing room, on the pitch etc is beneficial.

rossthejambo

no I wasnt - we had a glaring hole in our side and a blind man could see a fit kevin kyle could contribute, taouil is a winger / AMF..at hearts we already have rudi, suso,temps, driver, stevenson, robinson who can more than cover for those roles... taouil is not better than any of them so whats the point.

Instead of signing more players to make up the numbers id rather we signed maybe 1/2 players who can improve the first team... we need quality not more depth.

I'd argue we need both in certain areas of the park, the middle of the park is crying out for quality and depth.

Rudi's position especially, needs someone who can play that position for when he's having an off game or is injured, Taouil ticks those boxes.

One way of looking at it is they know what they are getting when they sign a player they have already coached. There is always a risk with signing a new player due to the unknown, hence a player who you know their strengths, weaknesses, how they are in a changing room, on the pitch etc is beneficial.

i agree. signing known quantities, but for the best reasons. not just to benefit a player for the sake of it, as was suggested earlier in the 'jobs for the boys' episode.

other players often say how good taouil is. as the years go on there's probably more chance of JJ getting the best out of a player like him as far as i'm concerned.

kingantti1874

I'd argue we need both in certain areas of the park, the middle of the park is crying out for quality and depth.

Rudi's position especially, needs someone who can play that position for when he's having an off game or is injured, Taouil ticks those boxes.

Mate i genuinely hope so, i would feel far better seeing someone like bauben or gomis coming in tho.. also, if taouil is being signed o replace rudi skacel that will be a friggin joke

Charlie-Brown

Exactly. I think Taouil is going to be played more as the creative player in midfield. Passing the ball around and picking the right passes. You could even play Skacel in his behind the striker role but we need a midfield enforcer who can win the ball and provide the freedom to the other two

There is a good video on another Taouil thread which showed him playing against Rangers in a more central role and it showed how he performed,

Ah JiG would this be the game Rangers won at a canter 5-1 and were 4 zip up inside half an hour having carved through the Killie midfield like a hot knife through butter? ........

If Taouil signs then for me it's either Taouil or Skacel (if he stays?) no way you could have Taouil in centre midfield with Skacel ahead of him and Suso and Temps or Driver on the flanks - even with a more defensive midfielder (Black/Jonsson/Mrowiec or Buaben?) we'd be so soft in the centre it would be laughable - could you really see Taouil, Skacel, Temps & Suso tracking back and tackling and harrying etc? That's why we'd need 2 proper midfielders plus the show-boaters like (Temps or Taouil or Skacel or Suso or Driver) ahead of them.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

This Jobs for the boys shit is well tedious... Sis JJ take Sammon, Taouil, Kyle etc from previous clubs where he had worked with them before?

What about Bruno, Rousset, Salvatori, Adam, etc?

FFS, he maybe just saw something in the boys getting the jobs that are for his boys and thinks they will improve us. Was JJ at Sunderland or Wolves or Aberdeen?

Christ, give it a rest!

jamboinglasgow

Ah JiG would this be the game Rangers won at a canter 5-1 and were 4 zip up inside half an hour having carved through the Killie midfield like a hot knife through butter? ........

If Taouil signs then for me it's either Taouil or Skacel (if he stays?) no way you could have Taouil in centre midfield with Skacel ahead of him and Suso and Temps or Driver on the flanks - even with a more defensive midfielder (Black/Jonsson/Mrowiec or Buaben?) we'd be so soft in the centre it would be laughable - could you really see Taouil, Skacel, Temps & Suso tracking back and tackling and harrying etc? That's why we'd need 2 proper midfielders plus the show-boaters like (Temps or Taouil or Skacel or Suso or Driver) ahead of them.

Love your speech there Charlie, decent attackers are now showboaters and hard tackling midfielders are "proper" midfielders. Have you gone back in time?

kingantti1874

correct.. we only have room for 1 of them...if we signed bauben or gomis, resigned rudi and then looked to get rid of a number of players we'd be well set.

rossthejambo

Not often I post this but totally agree. Playing Taouil AND Skacel would be stupid IMO.

Still think having Taouil as back up would be a good idea because the lack of options to play in that position doesn't fill me with confidence.

Signed, 2 year deal

Press conference at 3

:smugger:

press conference started...

Charlie-Brown

Love your speech there Charlie, decent attackers are now showboaters and hard tackling midfielders are "proper" midfielders. Have you gone back in time?

No I've always lived there! :biggrin:

jamboinglasgow

No I've always lived there! :biggrin:

Next you will be saying you miss the days when a defender could take a strikers Achilles tendons home with them at.the end of a match

Charlie-Brown

Next you will be saying you miss the days when a defender could take a strikers Achilles tendons home with them at.the end of a match

Walter Kidd v Davie Cooper , John Robertson v Roy Aitken, Roddy McDonald v Paul Sturrock etc were always intriguing encounters - brawn and bravery v skill and courage - no quarter asked nor given - don't knock it - pansyboy Ronaldo wouldn't get away with his rolling about sheite like he does nowadays - Baresi and Pearce etc would just have laughed at him.

Ray Winstone

Another Clique exclusive?

Keep up the good work chaps!

Charlie-Brown

Aaaaahhhhh The beautiful game! :D

Yes maradona, barca & athletico demonstrating the beautiful game here at the start of this vid! :laugh:

gorgieheart

Nothin on club website no scarf above heid

more p*sh ?

:blink:

Signed, 2 year deal

Press conference at 3

:orly?:

Its tommorow morning actually :smuggy:

Guest Ultraviolet Catastrophe

Nothin on club website no scarf above heid

more p*sh ?

:blink:

I reckon it'll be announced tomorrow morning. :smuggy:

Anyone agree?

a minute..ffs :vrface::laugh:

Anyone agree?

Don't feel bad UV. Its tough keeping up with us ITKers :smuggy:

Ray Winstone

Anyone agree?

Ye bet your house on it being tomorrow morning.

Bloody Clique :(

When will I win?!

jamboinglasgow

I am now warm and tingle, but like a rumour cookie monster I need more itk FACTS!

gorgieheart

Anyone agree?

:whistling:

I need more itk FACTS!

David Obua has size 15 feet.

Make of that what you will.

H J Simpson

David Obua has size 15 feet.

Make of that what you will.

Actually it's size 21 but the Africans are notorious for knocking a few numbers off the actual figure. :whistling:

nothing shite about it, have a lot of mates from killie and have had the pleasure (or torture) at being at a few of their games... hes pish, contributes little other than a trick every now any again which makes the highlights on sportscene but invariably does nothing and hurts no-one... hes another jose quitongo...

I absolutely hope to god im wrong and its only the games ive seen him in but i seriously doubt it...

bad bad signing especially given the other positions we need to fill

why are you member of kickback if hearts want to sing him wwe can complain doesnt stop it from happening

kingantti1874

why are you member of kickback if hearts want to sing him wwe can complain doesnt stop it from happening

Unless I'm missing something the sole purpose of this message board is to share opinions, views and have a reasonable debate about what the club does for good or bad...

Johanes de Silentio

Last week The Clique were claiming that no such clique exists - this week, not only are they confirming that they do exist, and who belongs to said clique, but also that they are to be In The Know!

Those mercurial mavericks.

johndawgylt

Last week The Clique were claiming that no such clique exists - this week, not only are they confirming that they do exist, and who belongs to said clique, but also that they are to be In The Know!

Those mercurial mavericks.

OM NOM NOM!! :yas:

Saw him in Pizza hut today he was on his phone for an hour, I asked him if he was signing for us and he smiled :thumbsup:

kingantti1874

Hey guys, in the interest of fairness I just bumped into one of my good killie supporting friends on the train home and he insists I've just seen him on bad days and ensures my he is one of the best amf's in the spl. A bit Injury prone and not fantastic if other team dominant...

Regardless of my other posts I bloody hope that is the case

Charlie-Brown

So Suso Santana and Medhi Taouil ........ will anybody else in our team even get a pass of the ball? will they pass to each other?

Tommy Wiseau

Decent signing, shame the 'Clique' had to break the news before it was agreed with hierarchy. <_<

Now all we need is for Buaben to get signed up, some "catastrophic disaster" to hit the Diamond deal (for example us telling him to GTF :thumbsup: ) and we're in bi'nezz. :jjyay:

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Jungle John is seething at feeling the wrath of the orignal and best clique for his nomnomnomnomn lolol patter.

:jjyay:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Charlie,

Until someone actually manages to take the ball into the opposition box with the ball at their feet then I am all for players like Suso mate.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Suso takes the ball into the opposition box and forces the defenders to either double-up, take him down, or let him thread a pass or hit a shot. If we have the players drilled to capitalise on that then we have a potential goal, penalty or corner. If Taouil can do the same then we have two players in the squad who offer a real threat to the opposition IMO. :)

Despite getting a wee bit of a hard time recently, Driver did the same at the tail end of last season too. Driver however has a potential advantage over both Santana and Mehdi because he has real pace when fit and firing on all cylinders. Driver in his pomp was killing sides with his pace. The Driver we saw at the end of last season was not fit enough to break for goal with pace alone on the break but adapted his game to work his way past defenders out wide in the corners and either take it in to the box or cross for a striker, unfortunately we were light on out and out strikers at this point and so often this came to nowt.

I think we really need a squad that can handle the very different expectations of Europa, SPL and Cup campaigns.

Archived