Never knew we had our own flute band!

Clerry Jambo

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
rossthejambo

Really? :ermm:

Thought it was pretty common knowledge on here that a musical group *cough* had stolen the club's name.

Sure that someone on here is a member :rolleyes:

The People's Chimp

:facepalm:

Are there not a couple of well known kickbackers associated with this out of tune, out of step, out of time organisation?

Clerry Jambo

Really? :ermm:

Thought it was pretty common knowledge on here that a musical group *cough* had stolen the club's name.

Sure that someone on here is a member :rolleyes:

Wasn't aware Ross and I'm sure the thread may possibly not last long :ninja:

Vlad-Stupid

I feel more sorry for the flair.net posters who think this is actually linked to our football club in anyway other than having the same name :vrface:

I feel more sorry for the flair.net posters who think this is actually linked to our football club in anyway other than having the same name :vrface:

Its embarrasing, but maybe having "Hibernian" walks thru the west is linked just as much to Hibs as that lot are to Hearts???? :whistling:

mahgrassyshoes

Even putting this aside, they seem to think that 100 folk marching through gorgie represents a majority of our support. :facepalm:

Chris Benoit

I'm sure they are thoroughly nice chaps only interested in upholding the traditions of our proud club :rolleyes:

rossthejambo

Wasn't aware Ross and I'm sure the thread may possibly not last long :ninja:

To be fair, the threads don't usually last long so probably understandable....I think we should be fine until the people on the march get home and start telling us how upstanding they are and how totally unbigoted it is. :rolleyes:

AllyjamboDerbyshire

Does anybody recognise anyone in the picture as a Hearts supporter?

I hate the idea that any bigotted organisation should use the name 'Heart of Midlothian' and I notice the bass drum doesn't have 'FC' on it. As 'The Heart of Midlothian' is a part of Edinburgh history, outwith Hearts, any Edinburgh based organisation will have the 'right' to use it. I'm sure that if it was a flute band made up solely of Hearts fans we'd have heard about it long before now. If it is not a scam facebook job, then it's pretty certain to be a bunch of Rangers fans, with a sprinkling of our own braindead, who've decided to create a bit of trouble for Hearts and their supporters.

whatthehellisgoingon?

Even putting this aside, they seem to think that 100 folk marching through gorgie represents a majority of our support. :facepalm:

Is that not because 100 people DOES represent the majority of THEIR support? They have no concept of being part of a BIG team!!!

Does anybody recognise anyone in the picture as a Hearts supporter?

I hate the idea that any bigotted organisation should use the name 'Heart of Midlothian' and I notice the bass drum doesn't have 'FC' on it. As 'The Heart of Midlothian' is a part of Edinburgh history, outwith Hearts, any Edinburgh based organisation will have the 'right' to use it. I'm sure that if it was a flute band made up solely of Hearts fans we'd have heard about it long before now. If it is not a scam facebook job, then it's pretty certain to be a bunch of Rangers fans, with a sprinkling of our own braindead, who've decided to create a bit of trouble for Hearts and their supporters.

A well known wee scouser with the walking stick! :whistling:

Unfortunately having the same name is a massive link to our football club, that and the maroon and Dalry/Gorgie. They are obviously Hearts supporters, no point dressing it up any other way.

Buffalo Bill

It a 'Heart of Midlothian' flute band, not a 'Heart of Midlothian FC' flute band.

I'm not connected to flute bands myself or into it in any way but the term 'Heart of Midlothian' isn't exclusive to us. In fact, there were examples of 'Heart of Midlothian' before the football clubs was formed - the prison, the cobble stones, the book and the dance hall.

I've seen the word 'Hibernian' or 'Hibernians' on the drums of marching bands too. Nothing to do with Scotland's 10th ranked club either.

It a 'Heart of Midlothian' flute band, not a 'Heart of Midlothian FC' flute band.

I'm not connected to flute bands myself or into it in any way but the term 'Heart of Midlothian' isn't exclusive to us. In fact, there were examples of 'Heart of Midlothian' before the football clubs was formed - the prison, the cobble stones, the book and the dance hall.

I've seen the word 'Hibernian' or 'Hibernians' on the drums of marching bands too. Nothing to do with Scotland's 10th ranked club either.

Are you for real? :rolleyes:

Everything he said was spot on.

What? You seriously think that band isn't a band of hearts supporting flute players? That it's something to do with "the heart of Midlothian" They just happen to play in hearts colours in Dalry?

So what, we have a couple of 100 bigoted flute playing king Billy lovers. There's no point in trying to pass the buck on.

rossthejambo

What? You seriously think that band isn't a band of hearts supporting flute players? That it's something to do with "the heart of Midlothian" They just happen to play in hearts colours in Dalry?

So what, we have a couple of 100 bigoted flute playing king Billy lovers. There's no point in trying to pass the buck on.

Where did anyone say they weren't Hearts supporters? I've already said there's some in the band who post on here.

BB said that it's not affiliated to Heart of Midlothian FC and it isn't representative of the majority of Hearts fans, what's wrong with saying that exactly?

Are you suggesting that Hearts fund this flute band and that because this group are (allegedly :rolleyes: ) bigoted we're all bigoted? :ermm:

They're marching about the place looking like spankers all dressed in maroon with our club's name (minus the FC bit) on their drums. Some of them are known to be Hearts fans. They chose to march about looking like spankers in the vicinity of our club's home. I'd say it's a pretty fair comment for Hibs fans to be linking them with us....and laughing....

I'm certainly embarrassed, anyway. yucky.gif

Buffalo Bill

No, the charge made was that 'we had our own flute band'.

Heart of Midlothian FC does not have its own flute band.

That's all I was stating.

If supporters of Hearts form a flute band and use the name 'Heart of Midlothian' then that is up to them.

If it is against the law go call the cops.

If you think its immoral or sad or great then each to their own.

It's not my thing personally but we all have our own taste.

Where did anyone say they weren't Hearts supporters? I've already said there's some in the band who post on here.

BB said that it's not affiliated to Heart of Midlothian FC and it isn't representative of the majority of Hearts fans, what's wrong with saying that exactly?

Are you suggesting that Hearts fund this flute band and that because this group are (allegedly :rolleyes: ) bigoted we're all bigoted? :ermm:

It is affiliated to Heart of Midlothian FC though because it's supporters of our club who are in the band wearing our colours etc that means it's club related.

Of course not, Hearts FC don't fund supporters buses or clubs either but they are surely club related? We're not all bigoted at all, it's a tiny amount of a holes but it still is in relation to the club and not heart of midlothian royal mile or anything.

Of course there are Hearts supporters in there,I joined "Heart of Midlothian" masonic lodge years ago because I worked beside a guy who was to become the Master the following year.Funnily enough he was a Hibby and most of the guys there were not Jambos.

Absolutely nothing to do with Hearts either.

If supporters of Hearts form a flute band and use the name 'Heart of Midlothian' then that is up to them.

Ok, I get you sorry - never realised the flumps said it was actually an official heart of Midlothian flute band.

I thought you were passing the buck saying it could be completely un related to the club when if it's some of our supporters it isn't. Apologies.

Well said BB...There is also a Heart of Midlothian Swimming Club, and you don't have to be a jambo to be able to swim!

Buffalo Bill

It is affiliated to Heart of Midlothian FC though because it's supporters of our club who are in the band wearing our colours etc that means it's club related.

Of course not, Hearts FC don't fund supporters buses or clubs either but they are surely club related? We're not all bigoted at all, it's a tiny amount of a holes but it still is in relation to the club and not heart of midlothian royal mile or anything.

Rubbish. It's got absolutely no 'affiliation' with HMFC.

It is clearly not affiliated to Hearts in any way. Hint - you can only be affiliated to the club with the agreement of the club. Obviously, it isn't good for Hearts that a bunch of roasters decide to do this, but it really isn't anything to do with Hearts.

Buffalo Bill

Well said BB...There is also a Heart of Midlothian Swimming Club, and you don't have to be a jambo to be able to swim!

If anything, they sound like a bunch of bigots. :)

Craigieboy

Them associating it with the actual club - :facepalm:

As an aside, I wonder if those in the flute band are as putrid as all the vermin who chucked coins/spat on Skacel (and their own fans).

Rubbish. It's got absolutely no 'affiliation' with HMFC.

Perhaps no official affiliation but other people will affiliate it with the club anyway BB. Understandable assumption given their colours, name and choice of location for their march.

Vlad-Stupid

Stop trying to pass the buck. There will be some swimmers that are Hearts fans so by that logic it is obviously related to Heart of Midlothian FCrolleyes.gif

:Vlad-Stupid:

The Future's Maroon

From the HMFB website:

The band was originaly formed in the late 70's early 80's but like most other bands fell by the wayside. However as stories of the past reached a new and up and comming young Orange Community, the young loyalists (and some old) of Edinburgh (and after three short meetings) reformed the band on Sunday the 25th July 2009.

The name of the band comes from the Heart of Midlothian stones, a memorial just outside the entrance of St Gilles Cathedral on The Royal Mile in Edinburgh.

It comemorates an old prison and where all the hangings took place on a daily basis. Although the band is named the Heart of Midlothian we are not a Hearts band, the band has just as many Rangers as Hearts fans but the comon bond is Loyalism in Edinburgh, with band members from the ABOD. The Orange Order and RBP in it's ranks.

Vlad-Stupid

Yes, Football is how they are related. I dont see the flute band relating to anything 'FC' in their shenanigans.

Gregory House M.D.

Personally, i quite enjoy the real Northern Irish marches (my mums mates from there so i've been once or twice) because they actually know what they are marching about... The majority of Scotlands replica's just do it because they "deh lyk Cellick". If they want to march about pretending to be Irish, let them. EDIT: Before anyone starts the bigot patter, I've only been to the marches because said mum's mate is protestant & told us to go along.

Craigieboy

Hibs fans will look for a pretext to hate us or label Hearts fans as this or that. But lets make no mistake about it.

The reason they hate us is because year after year, after year, we have absolutely dominated them. We have won all the 'big' derbys, time after time.

It hurts like hell. And it shows.

:verysmug:

Love it that in an effort to prove it's not a minority of our fan base involved in this stuff, they upload videos of a minority of our fan base doing it.

Thick as pig shit the lot of them.

A bunch of folk spending their days in swimingpools no doubt beside innocent little children while wearing nothing but maroon speedos, all just trying to give our club a bad name. Hang the lot of them, dirty b******s!!!

Perhaps no official affiliation but other people will affiliate it with the club anyway BB. Understandable assumption given their colours, name and choice of location for their march.

Which all makes it an awkward situation for the rest of the Hearts support, but there's not exactly anything the club can do about it seeing as there is no link between them. Whilst being embarrassing for the football club through simple association, I don't think it's right for anyone to assume that it is in any way representative of our club.

It's a free country, they can march down Gorgie playing their music as long as it's been cleared with the relevant authorities.

Yeah I know a couple of non jambos who are pretty good swimmers!

Yeah I know a couple of non jambos who are pretty good swimmers!

Aye...But they are in the minority :rolleyes:

Which all makes it an awkward situation for the rest of the Hearts support, but there's not exactly anything the club can do about it seeing as there is no link between them. Whilst being embarrassing for the football club through simple association, I don't think it's right for anyone to assume that it is in any way representative of our club.

It's a free country, they can march down Gorgie playing their music as long as it's been cleared with the relevant authorities.

Absolutely, but if there was some bunch of folk marching about Easter Road wearing green & white and calling themselves Hibernian something or other, we'd rightly make the same connections.

I'm not griping about the fact they were doing it (although I do admit to finding that sort of thing more than a bit pathetic), just pointing out that whether we like it or not, other people will associate them with our club and that's a bit cringey. Pom poms, ffs..... huh.gif

I wonder what the reptiles across on doyoursister.net would make of this (The Hibernian Republican band/order)

As much to do with them as the Heart of Midlothian flute band has to do with Heart of Midlothian FC.

Well said BB...There is also a Heart of Midlothian Swinging Club, and you don't have to be a jambo to be able to swing!

Sorted your typo, dont know you as well as I thought eh !

john brownlee

beat me too it and its based in sunny leith

Jambosr1985

Whats on the back of their shirts not reached kb yet oh well not for me to comment, each to their own.

It's just crazy to suggest that all people that are in a flute band or in

the orange order are bigots, it's just not true.

As has been said they have no connection to the club so why are people

getting all excited about it. Good luck to them !

Absolutely, but if there was some bunch of folk marching about Easter Road wearing green & white and calling themselves Hibernian something or other, we'd rightly make the same connections.

I'm not griping about the fact they were doing it (although I do admit to finding that sort of thing more than a bit pathetic), just pointing out that whether we like it or not, other people will associate them with our club and that's a bit cringey. Pom poms, ffs..... huh.gif

laugh.gif

Yeah, it's rather pathetic and I can see why people are making links. I was saying that there's not much we can do about it, so we've just got to take it from Hibs fans when it comes to this kind of thing.

Whilst these people aren't related to HMFC, it's still a chance for fans of other clubs to throw the loyalist tag at us. We've been saying it's a minority for how long now? It's something we need to shake off, because it might be a small number of fans but I think we've not done enough to stamp it out.

Whatever people's views are on this kind of thing doesn't matter to me, people just have to accept that this kind of thing isn't going to be accepted in modern society and they should leave it at the gate when they come to watch us play. It looks like UEFA will be cracking down on anything sectarian, and for a club of our size there will be no place to hide so we've got to crush it before it hurts us.

Archived