Bigotry bombs and football

1874robbo

portobellojambo1

Nonsense

I think you missed the smiley right at the end, which was significant within the context of what had been posted, and the wording of the post.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply
rossmaroon

Dreadful journalism: send a team to the East of Scotland to "investigate" and "find evidence" and turn it into a self-fulfilling prophesy where Hearts are tarred with the same brush as Rangers but no recording is made of the incessant and very vocal pro IRA singing by a MAJORITY of Celtic fans. The "fenian blood" chant line was heard but it was from the locality of the where the Hearts fans and Celtic fans were closest. We know there is a minority of Heartrs fans who continue to embarrass the club and if they had bothered to interview a cross-section of our support this would have been admitted. Balanced journalism would have had recordings from both ends and it is simply preposterous to claim that they had no recordings of the Celtic fans- ask Sky for a copy of their recording you buffoons!

Another strangely underplayed point was the fact that Rangers fans had banned almost 600 fans over a 5 year period for sectarianism while Cletic had banned a total of 6 in the same period. Why was this anomaly not given scrutiny?

Not joking we proper dodged a bullet there! I sat in row 17 which is around were they were filming and the boy in my row was fenian this and that every two seconds! Giving it the famine song, big jock knew and rule Britainia etc!! They must have recorded him as my whole row was laughing at him as his banter was awful!

I wasn't going to watch it because I knew it would be a pathetic attempt at reporting the issue. Mistakenly on my part, I thought I really should watch after all in case it contained some small piece of worthwhile broadcasting. Quite apt really that scotland's shabby little problem was covered by scotland's equally shabby national broadcaster. Cringeworthy.

6 celttic fans collared by the club in 5 years. :vrface:

The celtic fan giving it the old 'freedom fighters' chat. :vrface:

Men wearing fitba taps. :vrface:

currie jambo

This video needs more coverage.

Since that game it's annoyed me how they've gotten away with this!

Just posted it up on Facebook.

Pete Seeger

Who's the fella that stubbed his tab out on the mhank? :lol:

I can honestly say that was the most amateur documentary I've watched since Bill Nigh the science guy at school. Dreadful stuff. Where did they find the pleb that states that the Celtic support don't have any anti protestant beliefs? Shameful.

This video needs more coverage.

Since that game it's annoyed me how they've gotten away with this!

True,are that lot saying that if the faces were printed/shown in the media that they would not be named and shamed.Selective editing by papers/media they dont want to piss off all their customers.

ToadKiller Dog

In What context was the stubbing the fag out taken in given we dont know the before and after ,didnt look like they were about to scrap you can base anything on 4 sec of film . Really poor stuff again makes the Vlad Documentry look like panorama . Clearly out ejjits sung the Fenian part but they never noticed or recorded the 90 mins from the other side seems more like slective picking of evidence rather than balance good journalists would look for balance .

portobellojambo1

That was pathetic.

Indeed. If, as an organisation you feel something is worth exposing surely it is reasonable to expect you to pull all the stops out, cut out any frills and go for the jugular.

That programme was a waste of time and any effort that went into it (and there wasn't a lot).

The wannbe Donal McIntyre will be selling decking in B&Q shortly. Is this the standard of BBC yes BBC Scotland investigative journalism ? Up there with the Vlad stole my pension effort a few years back.

The People's Chimp

Dreadful journalism: send a team to the East of Scotland to "investigate" and "find evidence" and turn it into a self-fulfilling prophesy where Hearts are tarred with the same brush as Rangers but no recording is made of the incessant and very vocal pro IRA singing by a MAJORITY of Celtic fans. The "fenian blood" chant line was heard but it was from the locality of the where the Hearts fans and Celtic fans were closest. We know there is a minority of Heartrs fans who continue to embarrass the club and if they had bothered to interview a cross-section of our support this would have been admitted. Balanced journalism would have had recordings from both ends and it is simply preposterous to claim that they had no recordings of the Celtic fans- ask Sky for a copy of their recording you buffoons!

Another strangely underplayed point was the fact that Rangers fans had banned almost 600 fans over a 5 year period for sectarianism while Cletic had banned a total of 6 in the same period. Why was this anomaly not given scrutiny?

An excellent post. I believe we have a mutual celtic supporting acquaintance and no doubt you'll have been over these kind of issues with him a few times. laugh.gif

jambos are go!

Lets face facts. There are people in our support who are quite happy to adopt and embrace the vile chants and opinions of moronic elements of Rangers support. What other team in Scotland is associated with the bigotry of the Old Firm. To that extent we were fair game for a mention our occupied a small part of a program that rightly concentrated on Glasgow.

Did anyone else find it a bit weird that they showed the names of people and comments they were making on Facebook pages?

Jambof3tornado

Doncaster should be sacked. How can we move away from the caveman era when the men at the top do nothing? The police fail to act and as for the politicians!!

The numbers banned by clubs is tiny compared to the problem and shows that leaving it to them doesn't work either.

What's the answer? To me Hearts must act firmly and use undercover staff to root out ringleaders before we can start going to uefa to complain about the old firm.

portobellojambo1

I can honestly say that was the most amateur documentary I've watched since Bill Nigh the science guy at school. Dreadful stuff. Where did they find the pleb that states that the Celtic support don't have any anti protestant beliefs? Shameful.

They could have asked any of them, and that is the response they would have got. They don't consider anything they say or do as anti any other religion, it is all to do with politics. The thing is they seem to fail to understand the whole concept of the Republican movement, which was driven on two fronts, one political, one paramilitary. They need to go back through time and read or re-read some of the statements made by Gerry Adams, for example, before classing PIRA as political, because he certainly didn't. He made the clear distinction between Sinn Fein and PIRA, and I'll leave you to work out which he classed as political and which he classed as paramilitary.

Vlad-Stupid

Did anyone else find it a bit weird that they showed the names of people and comments they were making on Facebook pages?

I thought that was a sign of them being completely fictitious

Lots of us know but if we put it on here some leech from a rag will probably run a story.

....... and Hearts fans have never sung with glee about the suicide of a Hibs left back?? :verymad:

:dramaqueen:

I am not saying Hearts fans are whiter than white as we are clearly not (e.g. Edinburgh is wonderful, Paedophile-ditties, one-eyed players, etc)

I am saying I'm not looking across our city for best-practices as they have their own brand of tackiness as do we.

Anyway, having now watched the programme - what a load of pesh!

A report about bigotry / sectarianism and bbc "scotland" contrive to show no recordings of either OF fans at an SPL fixture, whether against each other or us for that matter.

Nope, let's show 10,000 of the losers at some irrelevant under 19's game as opposed to hearing the fenian / ira stuff in it's full 50k-60k glory at home or 3k tanked-up jakeys at away fixtures (although interesting celtic fans were still lettng off smoke-bombs)

They playback a watery rendition of "fenian-blood" at Tynie and state they have no recording of the IRA chanting although they did hear it..

Seriously??? That was the best programme you could make on the issue?

Somehow, the only guy who may be sweating after the programme was attempting to extinguish his fag on some tic's top - not really what the programme was about though, was it?

This should have perhaps been given to the real BBC for credibility as that was awful...or alternatively, just don't bother in future, eh.

Pete Seeger

Lots of us know but if we put it on here some leech from a rag will probably run a story.

Fair comment. Don't anyone answer my question on here.

Top marks.

heartsfc_fan

:dramaqueen:

I am not saying Hearts fans are whiter than white as we are clearly not (e.g. Edinburgh is wonderful, Paedophile-ditties, one-eyed players, etc)

I am saying I'm not looking across our city for best-practices as they have their own brand of tackiness as do we.

Anyway, having now watched the programme - what a load of pesh!

A report about bigotry / sectarianism and bbc "scotland" contrive to show no recordings of either OF fans at an SPL fixture, whether against each other or us for that matter.

Nope, let's show 10,000 of the losers at some irrelevant under 19's game as opposed to hearing the fenian / ira stuff in it's full 50k-60k glory at home or 3k tanked-up jakeys at away fixtures (although interesting celtic fans were still lettng off smoke-bombs)

They playback a watery rendition of "fenian-blood" at Tynie and state they have no recording of the IRA chanting although they did hear it..

Seriously??? That was the best programme you could make on the issue?

Somehow, the only guy who may be sweating after the programme was attempting to extinguish his fag on some tic's top - not really what the programme was about though, was it?

This should have perhaps been given to the real BBC for credibility as that was awful...or alternatively, just don't bother in future, eh.

spot on

:bravo:

For what it's worth, I thought it was totally and utterly biased in favour of Celtic.

This.

colinmaroon

BBC Scotland is not fit for purpose!

It is the most amateurish (apologies to all amateurs) cringeworthy stuff!

Jambof3tornado

As a licence payer I shall be emailing bbc scotland to ask exactly what the point of the program was. It didn't highlight anything we didn't already know!

Presumably they targeted the youth game between the Old Firm because they couldn't get any tickets for the big games.

Ivestigative journalists who can't even get their hands on tickets for an SPL game, that's cutting edge.

They could also have investigated BBC Radio Scotland, whose pundits and commentators collude by rarely mentioning the sectarian singing that is ever present.

Oneneilberry

Looks like they had a budget of about ?30. Just embarrassingly bad.

?30, is it a three parter!

They should do a undercover report on undercover reporters and why they are shite

Vlad-Stupid

?30, is it a three parter!

They should do a undercover report on undercover reporters and why they are shite

They'd make a ***** of that too

Presumably they targeted the youth game between the Old Firm because they couldn't get any tickets for the big games.

Ivestigative journalists who can't even get their hands on tickets for an SPL game, that's cutting edge.

They could also have investigated BBC Radio Scotland, whose pundits and commentators collude by rarely mentioning the sectarian singing that is ever present.

Yep, Traynor, Young, McLeod, etc were probably on the floor above the "investigator" ripping the pesh out of him and the futility of his homework project.

Showing a recorded game involving one or both of the OF would have been an advance on that pathetic programme tonight. :down:

Harry Palmer

Very glad I didn't tune in...

:verysmug:

Let's SEETHE anyway.....

That is a quite outrageous statistic.

And one that says everything about the Celtic viewpoint. Much as I dislike Rangers at least they have paid more than lipservice to it.

John Montgomery

They could have asked any of them, and that is the response they would have got. They don't consider anything they say or do as anti any other religion, it is all to do with politics. The thing is they seem to fail to understand the whole concept of the Republican movement, which was driven on two fronts, one political, one paramilitary. They need to go back through time and read or re-read some of the statements made by Gerry Adams, for example, before classing PIRA as political, because he certainly didn't. He made the clear distinction between Sinn Fein and PIRA, and I'll leave you to work out which he classed as political and which he classed as paramilitary.

However as far as the part in bold is concerned I am sure you will agree (because you stated in a post on another thread) that politics also should be kept out of football. I know one of the first rules of our club (and I am sure the Federation) is that it is non sectarian and non political.

tartofmidlothian

In What context was the stubbing the fag out taken in given we dont know the before and after ,didnt look like they were about to scrap you can base anything on 4 sec of film . Really poor stuff again makes the Vlad Documentry look like panorama . Clearly out ejjits sung the Fenian part but they never noticed or recorded the 90 mins from the other side seems more like slective picking of evidence rather than balance good journalists would look for balance .

This times a thousand.

Jambof3tornado

I thought that was a sign of them being completely fictitious

Public forums so no problem legally showing names.

Jambof3tornado

What Hearts fans must remember is that uefa will be watching us like hawks so lets keep it to Hearts songs!!!

We dont get european football very often, so lets not get ourselves banned because of what we sing!!

Everything I was going to say has already been said.

Utter shite

Didn't watch all of it as I was catching up on other things at the start but of the 20 mins I did see the only worthwhile things to some out of it were Chris Brookmyre's comments and the damning stats re banning of fans from the gruesome twosome grounds:- average 70 a season from one and 1 a season from the other :awful:

What Hearts fans must remember is that uefa will be watching us like hawks so lets keep it to Hearts songs!!!

We dont get european football very often, so lets not get ourselves banned because of what we sing!!

This is the big test for us now and we must not fail it will suit the GFA/PL to not upset the gruesome twosome but be seen to acting on the problem.

Kudos to you sir for posting

Denny Crane

It smacked of "School sixth form project". Certainly not a piece of investigative journalism in the vein of a Pilger or a Paul Foot. Unless scratching the surface is the yardstick of BBC Scotland these days.

It smacked of "School sixth form project". Certainly not a piece of investigative journalism in the vein of a Pilger or a Paul Foot. Unless scratching the surface is the yardstick of BBC Scotland these days.

Spot on.it was so bad stv could have made it!

Spot on.it was so bad stv could have made it!

Never saw it but man that's harsh! Ouch!

Guest GhostHunter

You'd think this undercover "reporter" would have been spotted, and ejected.

Are all you Section G'ers, blind ?

:huh:

weeman.jpg

Firstly, Hearts have a bigotry problem amongst a small minority of our supporters and need to deal with it more effectively, there is no doubt about that. However the documentary last night was absolutely dreadful.

It smacked of the BBC appeasing the Old Firm by saying "look! Someone else does it too". One burst of 'hullo, hullo' at a high profile Hearts Celtic game, which was even heard to be shouted down by several people in the same section it was being filmed in.

As for the Celtic supporter 'Danny' and his Irish freedom fighters...A) Could he look any more like a Celtic supporter? B) Those will be the Irish Freedom fighters who have actually conducted sectarian murders? The fact that Celtic seem to have assumed the moral highground on this basis is ludicrous and I say that as someone who can't stand all the billy boys/ Orange nonsense that Rangers indulge in.

The wannbe Donal McIntyre will be selling decking in B&Q shortly. Is this the standard of BBC yes BBC Scotland investigative journalism ? Up there with the Vlad stole my pension effort a few years back.

That's exactly what it reminded me of! This was one-sided journalism at it's worst.

* Celtic don't even put up a representative - unchallenged

* Celtic have banned 6 fans over 5 years vs Rangers 600+ - unchallenged

* The Celtic songs aren't sectarian, they're "political" according to moron in a strip - unchallenged

* They send undercover reporters to both ends at an OF youth game - why didn't they do the same at Tynecastle?

* The undercover reporter at Tynecastle sat up against the end of Section G - the one place in the entire stadium where you can't see the away end!!

A complete waste of taxpayer's money to tell us nothing that we didn't already know.

Archived