Bigotry bombs and football

1874robbo

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Vlad-Stupid

No personal slight intended but meltdown?

What are they going to show that is going to put the Earth off it's axis?

I'll be in the pub,thanks!

Exactly my sentiments but going by recent events, there will be 6000 new threads on 'our sectarian problem', the naughty N sectioners and a shit load of hand wringing. I'll not be arsed watching it either but i am looking forward to reading the exaggerated version on here laterthumbsup.gif

Exactly my sentiments but going by recent events, there will be 6000 new threads on 'our sectarian problem', the naughty N sectioners and a shit load of hand wringing. I'll not be arsed watching it either but i am looking forward to reading the exaggerated version on here laterthumbsup.gif

I'll look in later in the week!;)

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

This should be a laugh.

Hope some folk on here are on it.

:jjyay:

jambopompey

Thought i was in trouble their =P

think you have enough to worry about just by being a $cummer :whistling:

Tommy Wiseau

This should be a laugh.

Hope some folk on here are on it.

:jjyay:

The interweb fans on KB who don't go to games? Not likely. :smuggy::vrface:

SpikeDudley

There are probably going to be a few neds sweating right now and hoping that their employers don't see their ned football behaviour.

[ ] neds

[ ] employers

pick one

Matthew Le Tissier

Jambo skate I'd rather be in our position then yours. You lot got a new owner y

et?

Broxburn Jambo

I think Hearts should be doing a lot more than just identifying the bigots and throwing them out, if, in fact, they have plans to do this. We have a relatively small number of bigots, many of whom I am sure are no more than a bunch of copy cats who would shut up at the first sign of trouble for themselves. So if a serious clean up was to start, and the bigots to be openly marched out and it made clear they would never be allowed back, then I'm sure the copy cats would soon learn to shut up. This is something that must happen, but I don't think it is enough. I think Hearts should take a lead and at least try to find a solution to bigotry in general and not just at football matches. All decent Hearts supporters are aware of the terrible publicity the club has been receiving in recent weeks and Hearts have to try to resurect our good name. To do this they must do more than just eject and ban the troublemakers, for they remain troublemakers elsewhere in society. Hearts should show the way in trying to get them to understand just how wrong they are and that their bigotry is based on untruths and misconceptions handed down through generations. We are all proud of how Hearts and their supporters, along with many others, rallied to the call and formed Macrae's Batallion, surely the finest thing any sporting club has ever done. Catholic and Protestant fought and died together for something they all believed in, freedom and the right to live without fear of the bully boy.

Purely as an idea of the kind of thing I think Hearts should be trying to do would be to ban the culprits for life or until such times as they can demonstrate they no longer hate for the sake of hate. Hearts should offer councelling, financed by the club, which could include anger management and help them with other issues they have. I'd make it part of the programme to ask them just why they think Hearts are a 'protestant' team and where in the club's history the club has demonstrated any links with 'Orange' ideals. I'm sure there may well have been Orangemen within the club's ranks from time to time but to my knowledge the club has never shown a bigotted attitude towards any section of the community, or at least no more than the rest of society showed at any particular time. If anyone has any doubt about Hearts' lack of bigotry they just need to look at the Hibs' website and read their early history where Hearts were the first, and initially, the only team prepared to break a ban by the SFA and Edinburgh FA and play against a non-Scottish club. Hardly the action of bigots.

Over-reaction or what?

When I am being marched out will it be for my,

Religious beliefs ?

Political beliefs ?

Will I have to wear a brand ?

I know you could sew a patch on my jacket.

What would you complain about after they were gone?

Vlad-Stupid

Thought i was in trouble their =P

think you have enough to worry about just by being a $cummer :whistling:

Jambo skate I'd rather be in our position then yours. You lot got a new owner y

et?

FIGHT!!!!1!!1!

:yas:

What a load of pish! Hearts fans sing hello hello and now were put in the same bracket as the old firm? Hilarious!

Matthew Le Tissier

Jamboskate should know that us scummers are on the up whilst skatesville will hopefully struggle =D

jambopompey

Jamboskate should know that us scummers are on the up whilst skatesville will hopefully struggle =D

:4_1_72:

davemclaren

What a load of pish! Hearts fans sing hello hello and now were put in the same bracket as the old firm? Hilarious!

The solution is obvious and easy though.

Teuchterjambo

So, is sectarianism in Scottish football officially a three-club problem now?

In the overall sectarian charts we are at Number 3 , much like the league we are the " top of the rest table" - that is how most people see it and I cannot disagree with that perception. The club must shoulder aome blame for not tackling this when it had the chance to sort it - now the club is almost shamed into some action after the damage has been done.

We had a great chance to be shown up as leaders in all of this and blew it - poor performance by those in officialdom.

Lip service every week - Scott Wilson makes his standard announcment - nobody listens and most importantly neither the club, the security firm or Lothian's finest back it up. The most idle of idle threats - totally toothless.

Time to man up and take action !

Teuchterjambo

No.

It's a two club problem. It always has been.

Rangers & Rangers Lite Hearts

Those poor, put upon, downtrodden, freedom fighters from Glasgow's east-end are not part of the problem. Fact. :thumbsup:

I do get your irony but in taking that stance no matter how ironic ,are you maybe just showing a wee bit of the very behaviour that is the problem ?

:whistling:

mattyw_1874

So how do u think ur season will go?

Andy shut up. Take your meaningless south cost shite elsewhere. Nobody cares haha. Your both jarko wiss accept it.

Matthew Le Tissier

Andy shut up. Take your meaningless south cost shite elsewhere. Nobody cares haha. Your both jarko wiss accept it.

Shut up you and go sit on ur feckin arm chair bed or whatever u do and watch your Manuare fc. Oh btw you do know their on live this Sunday haha

I think Hearts should be doing a lot more than just identifying the bigots and throwing them out, if, in fact, they have plans to do this. We have a relatively small number of bigots, many of whom I am sure are no more than a bunch of copy cats who would shut up at the first sign of trouble for themselves. So if a serious clean up was to start, and the bigots to be openly marched out and it made clear they would never be allowed back, then I'm sure the copy cats would soon learn to shut up. This is something that must happen, but I don't think it is enough. I think Hearts should take a lead and at least try to find a solution to bigotry in general and not just at football matches. All decent Hearts supporters are aware of the terrible publicity the club has been receiving in recent weeks and Hearts have to try to resurect our good name. To do this they must do more than just eject and ban the troublemakers, for they remain troublemakers elsewhere in society. Hearts should show the way in trying to get them to understand just how wrong they are and that their bigotry is based on untruths and misconceptions handed down through generations. We are all proud of how Hearts and their supporters, along with many others, rallied to the call and formed Macrae's Batallion, surely the finest thing any sporting club has ever done. Catholic and Protestant fought and died together for something they all believed in, freedom and the right to live without fear of the bully boy.

Purely as an idea of the kind of thing I think Hearts should be trying to do would be to ban the culprits for life or until such times as they can demonstrate they no longer hate for the sake of hate. Hearts should offer councelling, financed by the club, which could include anger management and help them with other issues they have. I'd make it part of the programme to ask them just why they think Hearts are a 'protestant' team and where in the club's history the club has demonstrated any links with 'Orange' ideals. I'm sure there may well have been Orangemen within the club's ranks from time to time but to my knowledge the club has never shown a bigotted attitude towards any section of the community, or at least no more than the rest of society showed at any particular time. If anyone has any doubt about Hearts' lack of bigotry they just need to look at the Hibs' website and read their early history where Hearts were the first, and initially, the only team prepared to break a ban by the SFA and Edinburgh FA and play against a non-Scottish club. Hardly the action of bigots.

you took the words right out of my mouth :thumbsup:

and I was born under a Union Jack and Edinburgh is wonderful, but what's so hilarious about it?

Vlad-Stupid

and I was born under a Union Jack and Edinburgh is wonderful, but what's so hilarious about it?

Your first mentioned song is about Hibees shiting their load. Not sectarian.

So, is sectarianism in Scottish football officially a three-club problem now?

Apart from the three clubs mentioned, name another club which sings sectarian songs?

I have never cared in the slightest what anyone shouts or sings at a game of football. I don't see the big deal tbh. People who are offended by one or two words in a song need to get a grip.

However, folk who try and inflict their bigorty on the rest of society in their every day lives shouuld be cracked down upon imo.

Your first mentioned song is about Hibees shiting their load. Not sectarian.

Oh aye so it is, and the second one's no aimed at Kaffliks either.........what am I like?

I have never cared in the slightest what anyone shouts or sings at a game of football. I don't see the big deal tbh. People who are offended by one or two words in a song need to get a grip.

However, folk who try and inflict their bigorty on the rest of society in their every day lives shouuld be cracked down upon imo.

So 90 miniute bigots are dandy, but outside a football ground and you're scum!!!!

So 90 miniute bigots are dandy, but outside a football ground and you're scum!!!!

Most of the folk that sing the songs inside the ground aren't bigots, just get a bit carried away. Folk who take their bigotry outside football are the ones who blight society.

What I've never understood is why so many people seem to accept the notion that as soon as you are either going to, attending, or coming back from a football match that it's OK for some to act like a complete animal.

freddiemac

the truth is that hearts fans are much better behaved now, than they have been for forty years when it comes to bigotry . apart from when we play celtic and to a lesser extent winding up the hibs, there isn't a problem. bbc will try and compare us to the real bigots, just as buffoons charlie nicholas and george galloway jumped on our case last week .

bbc knew what match to pick to catch us ,in between celtic spawning their terrrorist chants for about 2 hours. celtic and rangers are still promoting themselves in ireland every summer,the crap they allow to be sold outside their stadiums is still as bad as what it has ever been. the two of them have given over the ticketing for many away games to the home club . celtic have banned 6 fans in about 6 years. every week celtic fans can be heard singing ira songs. the media have been ramming it down our throats that celtic and rangers have been doing all they can to cut out the poison that embarrasses not only the rangers and celtic but the whole of scotland ,i don't think so.

grumpyjambo

Most of the folk that sing the songs inside the ground aren't bigots, just get a bit carried away. Folk who take their bigotry outside football are the ones who blight society.

Last Wednesday was a bit more than "getting carried away" as the atmosphere was vile.

Last Wednesday was a bit more than "getting carried away" as the atmosphere was vile.

Last week was not respresntative of normal games against Celtic due to the way Celtic have conducted themselves this season and the degree of the filth coming from their support throughout tthe game.

J.T.F.Robertson

you took the words right out of my mouth :thumbsup:

Meatloaf. :thumbsup:

Sorry but I've listen to that 'it's just banter', 'I'm just winding up the opposition' excuse for the best part of 40yrs. It was an absolute pile of crap in the 60's & 70's and it's still a pile crap of today. I've listened to 'it'll go away', it's no as bad as it was in my day'. I remember the Hibs fans singing 'Dublin in the Green', the Solidier Song' you name it I've heard them, so why don't you hear those getting belted out from them in the school End now? Apart from a couple of teenage laddies with the odd tricolour you don't see or hear anything from them. So why do our 90 minute wannabe Weedgies carry on?

Another thing Hibs are rubbish at :verysmug:

its really no laughing matter, but i must admit this made me chuckle a wee bit

Sorry but I've listen to that 'it's just banter', 'I'm just winding up the opposition' excuse for the best part of 40yrs. It was an absolute pile of crap in the 60's & 70's and it's still a pile crap of today. I've listened to 'it'll go away', it's no as bad as it was in my day'. I remember the Hibs fans singing 'Dublin in the Green', the Solidier Song' you name it I've heard them, so why don't you hear those getting belted out from them in the school End now? Apart from a couple of teenage laddies with the odd tricolour you don't see or hear anything from them. So why do our 90 minute wannabe Weedgies carry on?

I'm not sure I'd use Hibs fans as best-practice. In-between continual pitch invasions over the last 25 years (I know, we seem to be trying to mimic them in recent years) we hear racist refugee rankness and to take things even lower, chant about a dead man's demise with glee, which must be superb to hear if any of his family were in attendance.

Footballfirst

I'm not sure I'd use Hibs fans as best-practice. In-between continual pitch invasions over the last 25 years (I know, we seem to be trying to mimic them in recent years) we hear racist refugee rankness and to take things even lower, chant about a dead man's demise with glee, which must be superb to hear if any of his family were in attendance.

....... and Hearts fans have never sung with glee about the suicide of a Hibs left back?? :verymad:

mahgrassyshoes

I don't let it bother me, I'm sure they only do it as a bit of a wind up.:rolleyes:

Jambof3tornado

I hope the Hearts legal team are watching this and expect a statement. That said we are still waiting on the official word on snortgate!!

Do we have a problem... yes but it is a small problem, maybe 500 fans maximum. Take away 'hello hello' I never hear any other sectarian songs at tynie. You see 1 or 2 union flags at tynie at most... our problem could be eradicated very qucikly if the club wished to clamp down.

Celtics 2 visits to tynie this year have been a disgrace, from songs about war dead, rasist chants, numerous pro IRA songs, fighting with police/stewards, raiding the kiosks, they are scum and if we are protreyed in the same light as them then the media/sfa are even more corrupt than I could ever of imagined.

Even Rangers riots of manchester were covered up in scotland to an extent, if we had done that we would still be suffering from the after punishments

Armageddon

Wonder if the Celtic clip will come from within the Green Brigade section???

Also wonder if any JKB folks will get a mention???!!!

Yes I'm a media whore :)

The People's Chimp

I see that the well known Celtic blogger Phil McGibbon (or something like that in Gaelic) is a contributor. I imagine someone with a Hearts background will be given an opportunity to rebut any accusations. Oh wait, it's the BBC.

Oh God. That tells you all you need to know. His blog is a screaming sensationalist load of bigoted tripe. Horrific.

heartgarfunkel

Time to take our medicine. No excuses. Hopefully we can drive out or enlighten the moronic significant minority who disgrace the honourable name and inclusive traditions of the Heart of Mid-lothian Foot-ball Club.

Vlad-Stupid

I'm more interested in how close to reality the program portrays the whole thing <_<

Archived