Kevin Thomson's Dive (merged threads)

colinmaroon

colinmaroon

Can't wait to see you "act" against the disgraceful diving of Kevan Thomson.

He wasn't booked and therefore you can deal with him and fulfil your promise to stamp out this disgraceful cheating from our game!!!

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Isaac Begbie

Also Kirk Broadfoot. If a Lithuanian had dived liked that to get Lee Naylor booked Smith would be starting another crusade.

Lets see what happens.......

I'm guessing nothing.

Anyone know if Thomson is injured because he deserves to be with cheating like that. Scandalous that he was not booked.

He wasn't booked and therefore you can deal with him and fulfil your promise to stamp out this disgraceful cheating from our game!!!

That is taking 'belief' too far! :P

I have sent him an email via the SFA web page asking him to condemn their 'simulation' like he did with Miko however I don't hold out much for a response

marshallschunkychicken

Think they'll need to have a wee look at Wilkie as well, after his antics today.....

What dive?

That was what the likes of Andreas Thom, Henrik Larsson, Stilian Petrov, Nakamura traded on for years. Hit the defenders leg, go down and it is a foul.

Different story if the SFA/FIFA decide to make an effort to outlaw that sort of gamesmanship. But they haven't done that consistently this season.

colinmaroon
What dive?

That was what the likes of Andreas Thom, Henrik Larsson, Stilian Petrov, Nakamura traded on for years. Hit the defenders leg, go down and it is a foul.

Different story if the SFA/FIFA decide to make an effort to outlaw that sort of gamesmanship. But they haven't done that consistently this season.

I think the difference here is that it was so obviously contrived!

Thomson had to stick his leg way out to the side to catch Samaras' leg.

If he's done himself an injury, he's no one to blame but himself!!!

But, I echo what's been said about being "amazed" there was no booking.

However, I repeat that this just the retrospective situation that the Cringe has been waffling on about!!!

I think the difference here is that it was so obviously contrived!

Thomson had to stick his leg way out to the side to catch Samaras' leg.

If he's done himself an injury, he's no one to blame but himself!!!

But, I echo what's been said about being "amazed" there was no booking.

However, I repeat that this just the retrospective situation that the Cringe has been waffling on about!!!

I don't think there is any difference. The likes of Thom, Larsson, Petrov have all done this for years. There was contact so it is a foul.

Unless the rules are changed - and the only fair time to do that is at the start of a competition (unlike the UEFA ban on Miko).

I don't think there is any difference. The likes of Thom, Larsson, Petrov have all done this for years. There was contact so it is a foul.

Unless the rules are changed - and the only fair time to do that is at the start of a competition (unlike the UEFA ban on Miko).

Was a foul on Samaras if anything.

Thomson kicked Samaras.

just seen DIVE again.on setanta. pathetic.we cant let this go until he gets the same stick as miko got.well done today miko.

Was a foul on Samaras if anything.

Thomson kicked Samaras.

In the Corinthian world I would agree.

But the authorities/referees would have to be consistent on that. They are not so foul for Rangers in my view.

alwaysthereinspirit

No matter how many ways I pronounce Thomson I just cant make it sound Lithuanian.

Dont hold your breath.

Just another misunderstood "guid, honest Scottish laddie";)

In the Corinthian world I would agree.

But the authorities/referees would have to be consistent on that. They are not so foul for Rangers in my view.

Coco , you seem like a decent sort.

I will even accept your views on the Robbie.

However, even in a tainted kind of view , that was clear simulation.

The very type of act that Gordon Smith crusaded on.

The wigster won't act on it tho, cos he's a GFA Hun kent ! :mad:

Coco , you seem like a decent sort.

I will even accept your views on the Robbie.

However, even in a tainted kind of view , that was clear simulation.

The very type of act that Gordon Smith crusaded on.

The wigster won't act on it tho, cos he's a GFA Hun kent ! :mad:

I agree, but I think that they have to be consistent.

If they come down on Thomson like a ton of bricks, they need to retrospectively ban Larsson, take back all his Celtic medals, award us the points in the Celtic Rix game etc.

Speaking of that game - with the laws as they are applied at the moment - the Maloney fall when he went over untouched by Fyssas was a dive. The Thomson one was a foul for Rangers.

Yep Thomson and Broadfoot should be papered by Smith. Usual rubbish from the west coast. I think it will be swept under the carpet by the West coast media. No mention of any dives etc.

colinmaroon

Coco

Watch it again!

It was NEVER a foul in a million years!!!

If they come down on Thomson like a ton of bricks, they need to retrospectively ban Larsson, take back all his Celtic medals, award us the points in the Celtic Rix game etc.

Speaking of that game - with the laws as they are applied at the moment - the Maloney fall when he went over untouched by Fyssas was a dive. The Thomson one was a foul for Rangers.

If your interpretation of the laws are correct, and I've no reason to doubt it, then the law needs to include:

" Contact seeked or gained through simulation will result in a red card "

If your interpretation of the laws are correct, and I've no reason to doubt it, then the law needs to include:

" Contact seeked or gained through simulation will result in a red card "

I think a yellow card for that would be right. But that isn't in the laws interpretation at the moment.

Have you ever seen a player booked for 'seeking contact' in that way?

It is the same as when a player looks for someone to run into when they have knocked the ball ahead of themselves in the Tom Boyd 'move'.

Yep Thomson and Broadfoot should be papered by Smith. Usual rubbish from the west coast. I think it will be swept under the carpet by the West coast media. No mention of any dives etc.

:)

" Papered ". Classic ! That's an old Post Office saying.

Do you work for Royal Mail ?

Fozzyonthefence

If there was any foul, it was a foul for Celtic as thomson kicked Samaras. How could that possibly constitute a foul to Rangers in anyones' book?

Out of interest, I take it no foul was given? I was just leaving the pub to go to Tynie when Thomson was getting stretchered off. I was p***ing myself laughing as that really was justice.

Tommy Brown

The fact that he played dead probably put enough doubt in dougal's mind to take any further action. Then Novo had a go at Borac to distract the ref further.

It reminds me of seeing hutton half a kilmarnock player in a shocking tackle at Ibronx. Hutton goes off on a stretcher with all the media sympathies. How the Killie player escaped unharmed was unbelievable.

If thomson had received red (correctly), Dougal would have been slaughtered.

Fozzyonthefence
I think a yellow card for that would be right. But that isn't in the laws interpretation at the moment.

It is the same as when a player looks for someone to run into when they have knocked the ball ahead of themselves in the Tom Boyd 'move'.

Coco I think you're missing the point or misinterpreting the laws here. The foul was committed by Thomson not the other way round so I fail to see how he could not have been booked. Samaras made no contact with Thomson so committed no foul - simple.

Thomson, by blatantly trying to cheat could also have been booked for simulation or unsportsmanlike behaviour.

Coco I think you're missing the point or misinterpreting the laws here. The foul was committed by Thomson not the other way round so I fail to see how he could not have been booked. Samaras made no contact with Thomson so committed no foul - simple.

Thomson, by blatantly trying to cheat could also have been booked for simulation or unsportsmanlike behaviour.

Strong point there Wayne.

I might alter my rule change.

" Contact seeked or gained through simulation to gain an advantage will result in a red card "

p.s.

What's his injury ?

It is certainly true that many Celtic players have benefited from dives, so they and Rangers benefit and have done for many years! Along with the Celtic men listed we can add blatant divers like Novo, Stein, and of course Davy Wilson! He spent so much time falling down folk complained when he stood up in the box, it just wasn't natural!

But both clubs benefit from bias, and only in OF games do they complain about one another.

portobellojambo1

Despite scoring what proved to be the winning goal I think Kevin Thomson should be delighted that Celtic had not got back into the game by the time of the incident you refer to Colin. It was an absolutely crazy thing to do, watched it over and over again (had no choice really Setanta kept showing it over and over again) in the club prior to this afternoon's game and couldn't for the life of me fathom out what he was trying to do. He was past the defender, for all intents and purposes, and actually stuck his leg out to ensure he was brought down, or force contact at the very least, when it looked more likely that if he had continued on his original path he would have been in for a second chance for himself, or at the very least the chance to set up someone else.

Suspect it will be ignored in the overall scheme of things though, might have been looked at differently by Rangers if they had not gone on to win the game.

Brave Hearts

Did some-one touch his sock ?

What a dive !!!

What an actor !!!!

Cheating Hun to the core

Imagine getting carried off because you dived and didn't ge a free kick

Defend the Hun... as Delia said. where are you ... cheating Hun

My Cheating Hun

Nucky Thompson

He kicked the Greeks leg and fell down, he never dived, he got stretchered off FFS:cool:

Brave Hearts

Thomson dives like a muff diver and a pussy

Wilkie dives more than a c*ck sucker

"Smith must score", where are you now about your crusade about diving ?

Is the newly self-appointed righteous person to the SFA going to protest to the UEFA and FIFA after today's diving in Scotland and demand action against divers ? Just like he did when Miko dived against Scotland ?

Is he .....

Hun to the core

****** the Huns

RockyBalboa
Did some-one touch his sock ?

What a dive !!!

What an actor !!!!

Cheating Hun to the core

Imagine getting carried off because you dived and didn't ge a free kick

Defend the Hun... as Delia said. where are you ... cheating Hun

My Cheating Hun

Thommos hurt. Might be a broken leg. Havent heard anything yet.

Aye, he dived. Aye, he cheated but to be hopefull that the best Scottish midfielder in this country is out injured is way ott imo hun or no hun. :rolleyes:

RockyBalboa
He kicked the Greeks leg and fell down, he never dived, he got stretchered off FFS:cool:

Word is he has probably broken his leg. Thats from Jay I know who used to play with us. :ninja:

The Wrinkly Ninja

I can see your point, but, in my opinion the dive and the bookable offence had begun before contact was made with Samaras.

RockyBalboa
Thomson dives like a muff diver and a pussy

Wilkie dives more than a c*ck sucker

"Smith must score", where are you now about your crusade about diving ?

Is the newly self-appointed righteous person to the SFA going to protest to the UEFA and FIFA after today's diving in Scotland and demand action against divers ? Just like he did when Miko dived against Scotland ?

Is he .....

Hun to the core

****** the Huns

Miko dived against Scotland though so you would expect someone to say something against him.

When has smith came out and condemed any diver thats dived in a domestic match? If he has then he will again.

portobellojambo1
You can add Nade & Wilkie from today's game to list of divers.

Was Nade diving, or is it not closer to the mark to say that he just gets knackered very quickly and falls over as a result.

Charlie-Brown

Rangers are Sl@gs.

Lee Wilkie today ran 3 or 4 steps before throwing himself in a heap!

Wait and see if he does,because remember its Rangers w'er talkin about here,and never in a million years is Smith going to come out and slaughter Thomson

Brave Hearts
Wait and see if he does,because remember its Rangers w'er talkin about here,and never in a million years is Smith going to come out and slaughter Thomson

why shoudl Smith not say something about anyone - remeber he sai its got nothing to do with Nationalism... so it must be to do with religion..

Theres nothing wrong wi Thomson,he knew if he got back up he would have got a yellow card and got sent off

Theres nothing wrong wi Thomson,he knew if he got back up he would have got a yellow card and got sent off

I had that feeling as well.

If he's broken his leg, it's what he deserves.

RockyBalboa
I had that feeling as well.

If he's broken his leg, it's what he deserves.

So in your eyes Miko deserved a broken leg for his dive aye?

So in your eyes Miko deserved a broken leg for his dive aye?

If it happened to any player who was attempting to cheat like that i'd think they deserved it.

RockyBalboa
If it happened to any player who was attempting to cheat like that i'd think they deserved it.

Fair enough, I see your point but a broken leg is a bit harsh! Not as if he meant to hurt another pro or anything. Red card aye but broken leg is far too harsh imo :ninja:

Nucky Thompson
Come on mate, I'm surprised at you:rolleyes: Thomson kicked a players leg and sustained an injury, he technically never cheated:cool:

Come on mate, I'm surprised at you:rolleyes: Thomson kicked a players leg and sustained an injury, he technically never cheated:cool:

He cheated.

I really dislike diving whatever team the diver plays for. He did kick a players leg trying to cheat and get a penalty for the Huns - i've no sympathy.

Actually, that probably is harsh. Maybe not deserved it BUT i've no sympathy for the guy. I'll leave it at that.

RockyBalboa
He cheated.

I really dislike diving whatever team the diver plays for. He did kick a players leg trying to cheat and get a penalty for the Huns - i've no sympathy.

I agree with the point he did cheat and not dive. He knew what he was doing to try win his team a penalty. :rolleyes:

coppercrutch

I hope Thomsons leg becomes infected, before falling off. And when it falls off it finds is way back to Leith and smacks some dirty Leith slut over the head.

Whore.

RockyBalboa
I hope Thomsons leg becomes infected, before falling off. And when it falls off it finds is way back to Leith and smacks some dirty Leith slut over the head.

Whore.

Michael Stewart is a really poor teams Kevin Thomson. You would love Thommo to play for Hearts :cool:

Craigy_Jambo4Life
Michael Stewart is a really poor teams Kevin Thomson. You would love Thommo to play for Hearts :cool:

He'd get a game ahead of Mikey Stewart, probably. Larry Kingston or Ruben Palazuelos, no chance!

Archived