Today'sgame - disgrace, shameful infact!

Walter Bishop

Wednesday's game will just be a dead end of season game for us as third will be confirmed by then.

Been this way since Jan

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jambof3tornado

So?

It shows a level of ignorance to refer to him as "the pole". Thats all.

Harry Palmer

Webster, its the same effort to type as No 15,easier in fact as you dont even have a space.

Who?

Strolling...as usual eh? To the Physio.

It shows a level of ignorance to refer to him as "the pole". Thats all.

I didn't mean anything by it though.

shaun.lawson

He has only won once (I think) at Ibrox in all the years of management.

Piss poor.

Three times actually. :thumbsup: (Including the '98 semi v Falkirk :teehee: ).

Which isn't very good, I grant you - but how many times has Craig Levein won, not merely at Ibrox, but in Glasgow* in all his years in management? The answer is just once.

*not including Scotland games :ermm:

shaun.lawson

Without really thinking about it.

Houston and Levein.

I assume you don't mean Hearts managers?

If you're talking total wins at Ibrox, you're wrong. :thumbsup:

Three times actually. :thumbsup: (Including the '98 semi v Falkirk :teehee: ).

Which isn't very good, I grant you - but how many times has Craig Levein won, not merely at Ibrox, but in Glasgow* in all his years in management? The answer is just once.

*not including Scotland games :ermm:

Has he really won Twice? Didn't know that Shaun.

How many (league) games has JJ had at Ibrox or Parkhead Vs Levein?

I just think he is a bit negative and a bit clueless at times through there.

If you're talking total wins at Ibrox, you're wrong. :thumbsup:

I was actually talking about percentage of games won.

Jambof3tornado

Not just throught there,tactics not his strong point.

shaun.lawson

Oh, more - many more. I'm not going to sit here and argue JJ's record in Glasgow is anything other than shocking: I pointed it out ages ago now:

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/67695-jjs-record-against-the-old-firm/page__p__1493797#entry1493797

I think it's because JJ tries to play football, and too often doesn't look to keep it tight through there; all those constant defeats over so many years must have affected his belief and/or approach to an extent; Rangers and Celtic, with better players than us, are both more focused for games v us than other clubs; and refs make it hellishly difficult too. Especially in the run-in, Craig Levein's furious comments that "it's impossible to win at Ibrox" (because of the officials) ring very true.

JJ's sole other win at Ibrox, incidentally, was very like Levein's only win there. Late in the season, with Celtic already Champions, and Rangers therefore disinterested.

PS. Oops - there was a diddy cup win at Ibrox with Falkirk too. So that makes three wins there, six in Glasgow (including the '98 final, that is).

The Merse

Deferred anger aimed at JJ for worries about Vlad interference type post IMO.

Oh, more - many more. I'm not going to sit here and argue JJ's record in Glasgow is anything other than shocking: I pointed it out ages ago now:

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/67695-jjs-record-against-the-old-firm/page__p__1493797#entry1493797

I think it's because JJ tries to play football, and too often doesn't look to keep it tight through there; all those constant defeats over so many years must have affected his belief and/or approach to an extent; Rangers and Celtic, with better players than us, are both more focused for games v us than other clubs; and refs make it hellishly difficult too. Especially in the run-in, Craig Levein's furious comments that "it's impossible to win at Ibrox" (because of the officials) ring very true.

JJ's sole other win at Ibrox, incidentally, was very like Levein's only win there. Late in the season, with Celtic already Champions, and Rangers therefore disinterested.

I agree about the referees.Today alone Lafferty could have been sent off( Halfing Thomson,Foul on Black and a Dive trying to get a penalty) Weir also lucky to stay on the park with the challenge he was booked for.A Hearts player does that every chance he gets a red.Jonsson never a sending off and clearly off side at the 2nd goal.

Just a shitty day.

ritchies75

http://www.hmfckickb...97#entry1493797

PS. Oops - there was a diddy cup win at Ibrox with Falkirk too. So that makes three wins there, six in Glasgow (including the '98 final, that is).

Good point, I would imagine the manager with the best record in Glasgow in recent times would be Csaba, wasnt good viewing but we got results.

Without really thinking about it.

Houston and Levein.

I assume you don't mean Hearts managers?

So your not counting Houstons 7-1 at Ibrox, or 6-1 at Darkheid while Hearts caretaker?

I really dont beleive any manager (or club) in Scotland has a good record in Glasgow.

And as I said before RanTic tend to put in some of their better performances against Hearts as we are the best of the rest.

Don't know why anyone would be at all shocked or suprised by the scorline/performance today, our record under JJ through in Glasgow has always been beyond a joke regardless of having out first choice players available or not.

It is not so much the fact we get beat through in Glasgow but more to do with the manner in which these defeats happen under Jeffries, he and his coaching staff appear to have no belief that they can take anything from these games and that in turn transmits itself to the players.

So your not counting Houstons 7-1 at Ibrox, or 6-1 at Darkheid while Hearts caretaker?

I really dont beleive any manager (or club) in Scotland has a good record in Glasgow.

And as I said before RanTic tend to put in some of their better performances against Hearts as we are the best of the rest.

JJ has had a few hammerings there as well.Including a 6-1 :rolleyes:

shaun.lawson

Good point, I would imagine the manager with the best record in Glasgow in recent times would be Csaba, wasnt good viewing but we got results.

Yet even he, with his stuffy, very hard to break down approach, never won a league game there. Plus with that approach in Glasgow went the same approach in all other games. I'd take JJ's much more positive attitude through a whole season every day of the week; and while I certainly think we should be playing 4-5-1 in Glasgow at all times, it's actually very hard to take a footballing side and turn it into a negative, stuffy one now and again.

shaun.lawson

JJ has had a few hammerings there as well.Including a 6-1 :rolleyes:

He has - but Jambomb is correct. Houston's been humiliated twice there, because like JJ, he plays it open; very occasionally such an approach works, but only if the non-OF side is at the top of their game, and the OF one makes a mess of it. See Celtic 2-3 Hearts (2000); and Rangers 2-3 Dundee United a few weeks ago.

Drylaw Hearts

11 players - 7 out of their natural position and the second choice goalie.

Kello still has the dreaded flu.

Bouzid suspended.

Webster not fit.

Zal has the same disease as Kello.

Wallace not fit.

J Thomson not fit.

Suso injured.

Kyle injured.

Driver not fit.

Skacel playing when not fit.

This team/squad is running on empty.

And it doesn't help when the Manager isn't able to pick all the fit players due to the mental one.

Hang on a second...

I could've sworn we just played at Ibrox with a made up team missing a pile of regulars including 6 stick on starters if fit.

I'll concede to scratching my head at Barr's arrival at 3-0 down but I'm utterly unsurprised by the outcome and I'm not really sure what else we could have done given what was available.

In a nutshell.

Harry Palmer

Bouzid suspended.

Webster not fit.

Wallace not fit.

J Thomson not fit.

Suso injured.

Kyle injured.

Driver not fit.

And it doesn't help when the Manager isn't able to pick all the fit players due to the mental one.

In your opinion.... :whistling:

No 15 not being fit.... Mega surprise.... :ninja:

vintage1874

our record at ibrox is shocking as is JJ's one of the highlights under csaba was in improved in glasgow. Unlucky today had our 2 chances gone in from temps/stevo and blacks shot might have been different, typical after blackies effort they go up the pitch and score.

Just before the 2nd goal sky showed possesion % we were on 55% them on 45% . the 2nd offside goal killed off any chance we had however little that chance was . the 2nd goal changed the game .

Correct. Amile offside, and that 'so called' linesman should be ashamed of himself.

As you say, that changed the game. If it had happened at the other end, all hell would have broke loose! Bloody disgrace! But i suppose we should be used to it by now....

Seymour M Hersh

Correct. Amile offside, and that 'so called' linesman should be ashamed of himself.

As you say, that changed the game. If it had happened at the other end, all hell would have broke loose! Bloody disgrace! But i suppose we should be used to it by now....

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

We've not won at Ibrox in fecking donkeys.

We've not played really well for about four months.

We've got a massive injury list.

Why is everyone so up in arms about this result? :blink:

Just back from Ibrox - and while I agree with all four of those statements - that does not change the fact that the performance today was pretty pathetic IMO. We conceded soft goals and created hardly anything going forward.

That is as bad as I have seen us play at Ibrox in a long time.

The White Cockade

if anybody thinks that Romanov stuffing around with the team doesn't affect the players than they are in cloud cuckoo land

It will affect the manager, coaching staff and playing staff and put morale through the floor

we've seen it before

if Vlad really did drop his best player and the team captain today against the wishes of the manager then Vlad can GTF in my opinion

i'd rather watch a real Hearts team playing in the third division than the mad Russians toy stuffing up third place from 18 points ahead

portobellojambo1

Bouzid suspended.

Webster not fit.

Wallace not fit.

J Thomson not fit.

Suso injured.

Kyle injured.

Driver not fit.

Ordered back to Lithuania last night by all accounts, although the reason isn't clear (could be disciplinary, could be we've received an acceptable offer for him). But it is possible he may have played his last game for Hearts.

Although I suspected we would lose today I think it was the manner of losing which was more disappointing than actually losing, after all it isn't as if it is the first game we've ever gone down in at Ibrox.

Despite there being a lot of despondency and questions being asked outside the stadium prior to KO, when the team was announced, we actually looked quite comfortable and well in it, up to conceding the 1st goal. After that it was game over, and it was the fact the players seemed to accept, or play as if they knew, it was game over that was most frustrating. People are talking about the 2nd goal being the turning point and the fact it was also offside. The real reason we lost that goal can be traced back to the other end of the park. We were going forward and the ball ended up with McGregor, and not one Hearts player turned around and tried to get back into position. They all stood either looking at McGregor or each other and McGregor threw the ball out and Rangers merrily wandered up their right flank. Even after Naismith mishit the cross ball (in an offside position) it then went out to the far side of the box and was played back into an area where we had suffcient defenders to block it but failed.

There was no fight, no effort to get back into the game, which was disappointing. Second half I think we only had one attempt on goal (I use the term loosely) and that was from Scott Robinson after about 88 minutes.

While Ian Brines didn't help our cause he cannot be blamed for today, he compounded matters, it was a display which started off positively and ended up as a whimper. As I said up top the end result wasn't unexpected, it was more the manner which was disappointing.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

Dare I say I can't see DU winning at Ibrox, but we still should have wrapped it up weeks ago.

Quite staggering how we have fallen away. To think at one one point we were seen as splitting the Old Firm.

We will get there but as always by the hard way.

Rocky jamboa

Pretty embarassing stuff today and yet another inept performance in Glasgow.

Nelly Terraces

We were lucky today. If Rankers didn't have a game on Tuesday they'd have swamped us in the 2nd half. Hearts were dire.

What is the score with Kello & Zal then?

Harry Palmer

Dare I say I can't see DU winning at Ibrox, but we still should have wrapped it up weeks ago.

Quite staggering how we have fallen away. To think at one one point we were seen as splitting the Old Firm.

MAD VALD OOT!

Not the 1st time or the last we will crumble in glasgow. Big game on wednesday unless Motherwell do us a massive favour today.

Two big Games coming up, the first is tomorrow where we have to hope Celtic win against Killie to keep the pressure on Rangers to beat Dundee Hibernian on Tuesday and then we could afford to field our under 19's against Celtic on Wednesday.

Harry Palmer

We were lucky today. If Rankers didn't have a game on Tuesday they'd have swamped us in the 2nd half. Hearts were dire.

Internal and private stuff for Kello.

Zal: Spotted with Novikovas as Novi was smoking outside Nandos....or something.

Still, loads think Zal is shite so no great loss eh...

We may get there but if you look at our form in the latter part of the campaign it is almost relegation form so just as well we won so many games earlier in the season.

It is disappointing that we have failed to come up with the goods on our own rather than having to hope that results go our way from other games.

Although having said that a point from Celtic on Wednesday will secure third even if Dundee did manage to beat Rangers which is unlikely but you never know.

hearts_crazy

We may get there but if you look at our form in the latter part of the campaign it is almost relegation form so just as well we won so many games earlier in the season.

It is disappointing that we have failed to come up with the goods on our own rather than having to hope that results go our way from other games.

Although having said that a point from Celtic on Wednesday will secure third even if Dundee did manage to beat Rangers which is unlikely but you never know.

Hardly, that was our first loss in 7.

JamboRossi79

Just back from Ibrox - and while I agree with all four of those statements - that does not change the fact that the performance today was pretty pathetic IMO. We conceded soft goals and created hardly anything going forward.

That is as bad as I have seen us play at Ibrox in a long time.

You weren't at the same game as me that's for sure. We actually played very well in that first half and it was an absolute travesty that we went into half time three down, not deserved as JJ also said after game.

Felt that MacDonald should have done better with the first as it looked pretty much straight at him. Second offside surely from where I was sitting and we were unlucky not to score in that first half.

Don't even get me started on Brines

Hardly, that was our first loss in 7.

Team in third place in the league take 8 points from a possible 30.

Hamilton have taken 12 points out of a possible 30??

I rest my case.

givememychoice

Game was pretty even, even when they scraped ahead due to both a defensive lap, and a goalkeeping mistake (looked like it was going wide tbh).

Weir should have been sent off at this point. His first foul was a calculated foul designed to ensure the player was stopped. (similar to blacks tackle on jelavic earlier in the season....both deserved yellow). The only people to be blamed are the officials.

Then they got a goal that wasnt. The only people to be blamed for that are the officials.

Now, at this point, it should have been 1-0 to Rangers and 11 v 10 men. But 2 MASSIVE decisions have gone for the home team.

We were sloppy for the 3rd, but the heads had dropped. I genuinely dont think they would have scored at that point had the correct decisions been made.

Then eggert was sent off for a minor foul. Just wrong. It wasnt.

At which point, chasing a 3 goal deficit and a man down, we didnt create much. Not surprising really.

The three biggest officiating decisions to be made today were all wrong and all in favour of Rangers.

Paranoid? probably.

But, watching it with my future father in law (who is welsh and doesnt really pay attention to scottish football, he was surprised at quite how much the officials went for one team over the other).

portobellojambo1

I would agree with that Nelly. Got the impression in the 2nd half they too, like Hearts, thought the game was over and didn't over exert themselves. I suspect if they had had to score a certain number of goals today they would have achieved it with ease.

Zaliukas was ordered back to Lithuania yesterday apparently. But I've no idea if it is in relation to a disciplinary matter or if HMFC have received an offer for him which they have accepted, or are in the process of accepting (cannot think of any other reason why he'd be told to get himself across there pronto).

givememychoice

If all fit and well, my team would be along the lines of:

Kello

jonnson, webster, zaliukas, Wallace

Skacel, Black, Mrowiec, Temps

Kyle, Elliott

6 were unavailable

2 were played in different positions

1 came into the game with an injury

1 left the game injured

1 played in the right position while fit and remained fit.

Just 1.

JJ must go. (or something)

Nelly Terraces

I would agree with that Nelly. Got the impression in the 2nd half they too, like Hearts, thought the game was over and didn't over exert themselves. I suspect if they had had to score a certain number of goals today they would have achieved it with ease.

Zaliukas was ordered back to Lithuania yesterday apparently. But I've no idea if it is in relation to a disciplinary matter or if HMFC have received an offer for him which they have accepted, or are in the process of accepting (cannot think of any other reason why he'd be told to get himself across there pronto).

Cheers mate, not been keeping up with what the hell's been going on. Just read the other thread about both Kello & Zaliukas, seems Vlad has stuck his oar in again. Ho hum, dissapointing really. It's just boring now.

portobellojambo1

Cheers mate, not been keeping up with what the hell's been going on. Just read the other thread about both Kello & Zaliukas, seems Vlad has stuck his oar in again. Ho hum, dissapointing really. It's just boring now.

From the way it was told to me I certainly got the impression Marius had no say in the matter, it was an order given from above. Seems strange given that Mr Romanov is due in Edinburgh in the next couple of days, and some of the UBIG board of directors were at today's game so are already here. Unless it was something that just couldn't wait, but I can't think what.

Walter Bishop

:dramaqueen:

Dundee United have lost their last two games v the OF 1-4 and 0-4 - and they weren't without their goalkeeper or either centre back. Houston's tactics are a disgrace, I can see more to come out of those results, Thompson won't be happy!! :rolleyes:

In fact:

Points picked up against the Old Firm this season

Heart of Midlothian 6

Inverness Caledonian Thistle 6

Dundee United 4

Motherwell 3

Hibernian 3

Kilmarnock 1

Hamilton Academical 1

St Johnstone 0

Aberdeen 0

St Mirren 0

So far, so normal. So please put your toys back in your pram Jamie, there's a good chap. :thumbsup:

Yeah yeah very good Shaun, how many points have we picked up IN Glasgow as my op states? Its hardly an over reaction, Vlad is an old firm hater and as far as reports go cannot stand losing heavily to either. Jim Jefferies as far as im concerned is defeated before he even boards the bus to Glasgow.

davemclaren

Doom and Gloom..

Ye cannae beat it.

At least number 15 can't be blamed for this...or can he? :ninja:

Archived