Today'sgame - disgrace, shameful infact!

Walter Bishop

Watched the game in the pub, result not entirely unexpected. huns got their offside goal, Hearts got a player sent off. We got gubbed.

dundee utd win by the same amount that we lost by, (Thank you motherwell) :yucky:

I am now going to my bed.(yes i know it's only 5~50 pm. Don't give a stuff! goodnight all.)

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
shaun.lawson

Watched the game in the pub, result not entirely unexpected. huns got their offside goal, Hearts got a player sent off. We got gubbed.

dundee utd win by the same amount that we lost by, (Thank you motherwell) :yucky:

I am now going to my bed.(yes i know it's only 5~50 pm. Don't give a stuff! goodnight all.)

Motherwell are a reason we're still going to fall over the line. Because a few weeks ago, they beat United 2-1; a massive result in terms of us and the Arabs. If United had merely picked up a point that day, I'd be looking at the goal differences and getting edgy - but as it is, they still need a borderline miracle.

Throughout these strange last couple of months, at no point have United ever got within spitting distance. They've always needed one further miracle, a massively against the odds result from somewhere. Tuesday night will determine whether that miracle happens - or alternatively, whether most of us were right all along, and we haven't really had much to worry about.

shaun.lawson

Yeah yeah very good Shaun, how many points have we picked up IN Glasgow as my op states? Its hardly an over reaction, Vlad is an old firm hater and as far as reports go cannot stand losing heavily to either. Jim Jefferies as far as im concerned is defeated before he even boards the bus to Glasgow.

You're going to have to explain how on earth we could've got a result today with the personnel we had out, the officials we had to deal with, and with Rangers on the home straight and chasing the title.

As for Vlad: he lost interest in toppling or even threatening the OF years ago now, ao I'm not going to lose any sleep over his reaction.

I didn't think we were negative, we just lost a bad first goal, an offside second and it was an uphill struggle after that. Craig T had a bit of a shocker. Never closed the crosses down well enough and didn't cover in for the centre halves on the first goal. To be honest Jonsson's red card was a joke. Weir's tackle on Skacel was as bad in the first, and Temps was hauled down when in dangerous positions more than once without any cards. I think the ref was influenced by the Rangers players surrounding him, and also probably pointing out Ian Black's tackle at Tynecastle. He also booked 2 Rangers players for pushing Hearts players. I always thought that was a red.

Only if you're playing in maroon at either Ibrox or Darkheid. apparantly.

The Gasman

Throughout these strange last couple of months, at no point have United ever got within spitting distance. They've always needed one further miracle, a massively against the odds result from somewhere. Tuesday night will determine whether that miracle happens - or alternatively, whether most of us were right all along, and we haven't really had much to worry about.

Slightly off topic, but we also need Celtic to win tomorrow, to keep the pressure on Rangers to get that win against Dundee Utd on Tuesday.

davemclaren

Slightly off topic, but we also need Celtic to win tomorrow, to keep the pressure on Rangers to get that win against Dundee Utd on Tuesday.

If Celtic lose tomorrow Rangers can win the title on Tuesday in front of their own fans. I think Rangers will be motivated either way. :thumbsup:

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

If Celtic lose tomorrow Rangers can win the title on Tuesday in front of their own fans. I think Rangers will be motivated either way. :thumbsup:

This.

bighusref

*** Drama Queen Alert ! *** :rolleyes:

Jamie's like that. Next he'll be telling us about rumours of footballers sleeping with pretty girls.rolleyes.gif

He's more of a Manchester United fan than a Hearts fan anyway.thumbsup.gif

gashauskis9

Team in third place in the league take 8 points from a possible 30.

Hamilton have taken 12 points out of a possible 30??

I rest my case.

Amen to that. Forget the run earlier in the season, how we're performing at the moment is relegation form, pure and simple.

Blaming injuries? How many of these injuries have actually been picked up during a game? If injuries are that much of an issue to us (as they have been potentially for the last 5 years) then shouldn't we be strengthening the playing squad or taking a look at our training methods. There are guys in the EPL who come back from broken legs in the time it takes our players to come back from a knock! Wallace taken off us a precaution at half time v/s the Sheep back in Feb, still no sign of him. Webster taken off as a precaution at half time v/s Motherwell 2 weeks ago, still no sign of him. When will it end? I suspect we've seen the last of Temps until Xmas.....

Is 3rd place almost ours, I guess it is now, but it doesn't mean I am enjoying watching my team at the moment. I want to see results and to an extent performances. To throw away what we had back in January is criminal and sadly crawling over the finishing line for 3rd place doesn't suffice. Today was our first defeat in 7 - should I be proud of this given that this is the first time we've played a team above us in the league for 3 months?

Just my opinion, but if you want to talk about picking up points under pressure take a look at Dundee Utd. They deserve it more than us and showed this afternoon how to protect a lead. We wrote them off months ago because there was no way they were going to claw back the deficit.

Bit of a rant, but I'm seething today. I've seen some gutless performances in Glasgow over the years, but that'll take some beating. We've managed to go through an entire season without scoring in the weeg. Hold on though, we haven't lost to any team in the bottom 6 so it's alright, progress made......

davemclaren

Bit of a rant, but I'm seething today. I've seen some gutless performances in Glasgow over the years, but that'll take some beating. We've managed to go through an entire season without scoring in the weeg. Hold on though, we haven't lost to any team in the bottom 6 so it's alright, progress made......

It's certainly a good start.

Rossmor38

Ordered back to Lithuania last night by all accounts, although the reason isn't clear (could be disciplinary, could be we've received an acceptable offer for him). But it is possible he may have played his last game for Hearts.

Although I suspected we would lose today I think it was the manner of losing which was more disappointing than actually losing, after all it isn't as if it is the first game we've ever gone down in at Ibrox.

Despite there being a lot of despondency and questions being asked outside the stadium prior to KO, when the team was announced, we actually looked quite comfortable and well in it, up to conceding the 1st goal. After that it was game over, and it was the fact the players seemed to accept, or play as if they knew, it was game over that was most frustrating. People are talking about the 2nd goal being the turning point and the fact it was also offside. The real reason we lost that goal can be traced back to the other end of the park. We were going forward and the ball ended up with McGregor, and not one Hearts player turned around and tried to get back into position. They all stood either looking at McGregor or each other and McGregor threw the ball out and Rangers merrily wandered up their right flank. Even after Naismith mishit the cross ball (in an offside position) it then went out to the far side of the box and was played back into an area where we had suffcient defenders to block it but failed.

There was no fight, no effort to get back into the game, which was disappointing. Second half I think we only had one attempt on goal (I use the term loosely) and that was from Scott Robinson after about 88 minutes.

While Ian Brines didn't help our cause he cannot be blamed for today, he compounded matters, it was a display which started off positively and ended up as a whimper. As I said up top the end result wasn't unexpected, it was more the manner which was disappointing.

First sensible post i have seen on here about the game all day.

Harry Palmer

At least number 15 can't be blamed for this...or can he? :ninja:

Yes he can...

He wasn't fit otherwise we would've strolled to third.

As we should have done once he signed. :rolleyes:

As simple as that, the whole game has been a disgrace. Jefferies tactics in glasgow are shocking, we would be as well taking free weeks and giving up the points at the start of the season to save injuries and suspensions. I can see more to come out of this result, Vlad wont be happy!!

Go and fackin do one mate eh? Where you saying that after 30 minutes in which we were well in the game and hadn`t given them a sniff?

McDonald selt the knickers at the first goal and defensive naivety(which could be blamed on JJ for playing two non-CH`s or Vlad flu)caused the intial ball to go through.

The 2nd was offside and they got a lucky break. Then we fell apart for 10 before HT.

I couldn`t believe it. For all the whinging that goes on here about our Ibrox performances i thought we were doing ok given the line-up and the first half hour....then things slightly conspire against us.....

What did get to me was the second half. It was probably damage limitation by then but in no way did we look lively enough or show enough desire at the right time to go and have a pop. We need more players with dig next season. Too many shirkers when we need to dig in.

Only a Game

Go and fackin do one mate eh? Where you saying that after 30 minutes in which we were well in the game and hadn`t given them a sniff?

McDonald selt the knickers at the first goal and defensive naivety(which could be blamed on JJ for playing two non-CH`s or Vlad flu)caused the intial ball to go through.

The 2nd was offside and they got a lucky break. Then we fell apart for 10 before HT.

I couldn`t believe it. For all the whinging that goes on here about our Ibrox performances i thought we were doing ok given the line-up and the first half hour....then things slightly conspire against us.....

What did get to me was the second half. It was probably damage limitation by then but in no way did we look lively enough or show enough desire at the right time to go and have a pop. We need more players with dig next season. Too many shirkers when we need to dig in.

Got to agree with most of that.

Up to the first goal it was our best performance at Ibrox for a long time. Despite the "selection problems" we were causing them problems and seeing more of the ball than we normally see at Ibrox.

I thought we jacked it in after the first goal though, and when you switch off like we did the inevitable happens if your playing away to a team chasing the title and chasing goal difference as well.

I'd like to see us setting up the way we did today for all future visits to Ibrox. If we'd had a full team out today AND played like we did in the first half hour, we might have got something from the game. As it was, the heads went right down after the first goal and thats probably mostly due to stuff beyond the players control.

Got to agree with most of that.

Up to the first goal it was our best performance at Ibrox for a long time. Despite the "selection problems" we were causing them problems and seeing more of the ball than we normally see at Ibrox.

I thought we jacked it in after the first goal though, and when you switch off like we did the inevitable happens if your playing away to a team chasing the title and chasing goal difference as well.

I'd like to see us setting up the way we did today for all future visits to Ibrox. If we'd had a full team out today AND played like we did in the first half hour, we might have got something from the game. As it was, the heads went right down after the first goal and thats probably mostly due to stuff beyond the players control.

Exactly. I think we were on edge in the way that if we didn`t stay in the game it could go pearshaped, and it did. But while we stayed in it we always had a chance with Templeton doing well on the left and Black seemed to be leading the charge in midfield for a change.

Undoubtedly, the defensive personel missing was a big blow. In essence, we had one natural defender in there at RB.

Motherwell are a reason we're still going to fall over the line. Because a few weeks ago, they beat United 2-1; a massive result in terms of us and the Arabs. If United had merely picked up a point that day, I'd be looking at the goal differences and getting edgy - but as it is, they still need a borderline miracle.

True. However, they are also the reason we didn't wrap up 3rd considerably sooner, fighting tooth & nail to come back from 3-0 down.

maroonedinoz

I'm never over worried by a defeat at Ibrox to be honest,as it is an extremely difficult place to get any kind fo positive result at, but what concerned me was that most of the team seemed to accept that we would be beat from the starting whistle.

Jam Tarts 1874

Funny how some of the posters who were talking up our chances of winning the league are also the same ones who are saying yesterday was no big deal. I can't get my head around that one.

Alba gu Brath

Poor poor result.

But, if it shocks the troops into getting something at home against Celtic...

It saddens me that i think Utd COULD win at Ibrox when we haven`t even came close to it in the end, after a good start to the game.

The way Rangers played yesterday WON`T worry Dundee Utd imo. All 4 goals conceded were stinking , not one decent one among them and witha stronger backline we might, i said might, have went on to get something yesterday.

The only saving grace is that Rangers know they can come out and heap major pressure on Celtic, even more if Celtic don`t win today.

And they could actually clinch the title at home on Tuesday if Celtic slip up v Killie.

The Old Firm can be deceiving however. You think they look ordinary but they always carry immense mental strength and this is the biggest hurdle for the opposition. And i hope its a big one for Dundee Utd.

Archived