New shirt sponsorship deal

Ryan Gosling

kingantti1874

Just to clarify, I don't care what wonga do, it is a naff company name but even that I can live with.. I just don't want a massive blue iron on speech bubble ruining our strip..

After this seasons monstrosity I'm hopeful for a belter-I the logo is White then maybe ok, but a big blue speech bubble will guarantee 2 years of howling kits..

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know we've been in need of a proper sponsor for a while but does anyone know what sort of money we're getting from this Wonga lot? While it's good to get some money into the club i'm hoping it's a one-season deal, surely there are far better companies out there looking to advertise within football than some dodgy loan company?

Drylaw Hearts

ah well. maybe the next time if we're still in with a shout of getting unicef or barnardos instead.

I think we should just go without.

From Wonga.com

95% of our customers are satisfied or very satisfied with the service they receive

96% of our customers think Wonga is easy or very easy to use

96% of our customers say there is enough information available on the site and it is communicated well when using the service

The majority of our customers have access to traditional sources of credit yet choose Wonga as their first-choice credit provider

:verysmug:

NAH THEIR badword CORRUPT

and 96% of people that took a loan with Wonga are now homeless and living on the street :)

janie jones

Mixed feelings, pleased that we have a new sponsor who will be providing at least as much as ukio, but I do feel wonga are only a little better then loan sharks. And as London jambo says, I am sure Hibs fans will be finding great irony in this.

Couldn't agree more. Companies like Wonga are institionalised loan sharks who lend desperate people a small amount of money and charge a fortune in interest. Blood sucking scum the lot of them.

Doesn't feel great that we may benefit from other people's misfortune but unfortunately modern football isn't a place for morals or scruples and like any other Hearts fan if the sponsorship allowed us to buy better players that would win us a trophy my principles regarding Wonga would no doubt be quietly forgotten!!!

Seymour M Hersh

Well done the Commercial team.

Mch more concerned at the possibility of signing the cart horse that is Zander Diamond tbh.

Are people really bothered in any way about this?

:vrface:

Away and throw shite at yourselves.

Well done the club for bringing in some cash.

davemclaren

If it was Tony Soprano's waste management company I'd have some ethical concerns. It's not so I can't see how Wonga can be anything but good for us.

If it was Tony Soprano's waste management company I'd have some ethical concerns. It's not so I can't see how Wonga can be anything but good for us.

What if it was BaddaBing ?

:woot:

Luton Jambo

Possible pre season friendly down in Blackpool then? That would be nice, couple of days by the sea and a chance to spend some wonga. :whistling:

heartsfc_fan

:laugh: some of the reactions on this thread.

It sounds like a good deal for the club! And it's also a company we've all heard of. What's the issue?

So we have someone who has links to the premiership (albeit maybe not for long) and a tv company's English cup coverage willing to sponsor us?

And there is a problem?

Jeez, I am scratching my head here. Dodgy company? If they were that dodgy they probably wouldn't have the links they already have.

If you only want to be sponsored by ethical companies, you will wait most of your life for to find one.

The worry over the tops, well as someone who never buys one (I don't play sport and have a beer belly), I couldn't care less. If we win the cup for instance wearing a top that isn't the most fashionable, will it really bother you in years to come?

As for worrying about what the folk at the other end of town think. They think they've been a flair team for hundreds of years! Why worry about them? I am to busy laughing at them to hear what they say.

Stop moaning. The boys done good....we have more money, the future is bright.

Strongbow is a horrific cider for underage drinkers and alkys.

Incorrect. rolleyes.gif

It's far more than ?400,000 as well. :jjyay:

I was hoping for something like this. For me this is great news, and couldn't give a monkeys who they are. Now, I recognise that it will be private business how much we make from this deal, but does anybody know what kind of ball park are we talking? Circa ?500,000? Circa ?1,000,000?

A PM would do if people didn't want to say on an open forum. whistling.gif

I was hoping for something like this. For me this is great news, and couldn't give a monkeys who they are. Now, I recognise that it will be private business how much we make from this deal, but does anybody know what kind of ball park are we talking? Circa ?500,000? Circa ?1,000,000? A PM would do if people didn't want to say on an open forum. whistling.gif

Well, I think a few others can confirm that we were getting something like ?600k in loan and interest repayments taken off our debt with Ukio. The same person who said we were getting Wonga (an hour or so before I stole it and posted it on here ) said he was told it was in excess of ?1m.

I'm not ITK in any way, a fair few folk know this it seems.

I know we've been in need of a proper sponsor for a while but does anyone know what sort of money we're getting from this Wonga lot? While it's good to get some money into the club i'm hoping it's a one-season deal, surely there are far better companies out there looking to advertise within football than some dodgy loan company?

How are they dodgy?

Well, I think a few others can confirm that we were getting something like ?600k in loan and interest repayments taken off our debt with Ukio. The same person who said we were getting Wonga (an hour or so before I stole it and posted it on here ) said he was told it was in excess of ?1m.

Cheers.

If that is true, then that is great money. I don't understand the distaste tbh, I could get it if we were being sponsored by the NF or something like that, but an above board business getting grief? Don't get it. I actually would go further and would take cash for naming rights for Tynecastle, going for the highest bidder and caring little what the end name would be.

132goals1958

Not my opinion but it would not surprise me.

A columnist in the Mail on Sunday a couple of months ago already slated Balckpool for it despite the Mail on Sunday, like all papers being happy to publish adverts for all sorts of dubious companies.

If I recall it was written by Patrick Collins. At the same time, Blackpool were being prased for sound financial management in maintaining a realistic budget following their promotion. In recent times lots of clubs have been sponsored by drinks companies which also attracts moral indignation. The bottom line particularly in this day and age is commercial gain will almost always outweigh honourable principles.

Cheers.

If that is true, then that is great money. I don't understand the distaste tbh, I could get it if we were being sponsored by the NF or something like that, but an above board business getting grief? Don't get it. I actually would go further and would take cash for naming rights for Tynecastle, going for the highest bidder and caring little what the end name would be.

this.

if they gave us ?5M i would let them call it the willy wonga & the bankruptcy factory.

rossthejambo

The same person who said we were getting Wonga (an hour or so before I stole it and posted it on here ) said he was told it was in excess of ?1m.

OOOOOOFT.

:pleasing:

jamboinglasgow

but is that ?1m per season or ?1m over 2 years?

Chris Benoit

this.

if they gave us ?5M i would let them call it the willy wonga & the bankruptcy factory.

Exactly we'd still call it Tynecastle and it wouldn't bother me one bit just a pity some of the most vocal fans are sentimental old tarts and would no doubt cause a fuss

but is that ?1m per season or ?1m over 2 years?

No idea. We wouldn't accept less than what is supposedly being taken off our debt by Ukio, so I assume it's per year.

Yes he did when he saw a hearts top with trampy Wonga on it.

Their money is as good as anyone's IMO.

Drylaw Hearts

It won't be anywhere near ?1million a season.

The OF get just a little over that from Tennants.

Could well be ?500k a year then, I assumed it was ?1M a year because I'd seen it mentioned on here that we got ?600k worth of debt paid off by Ukio a year for our deal with them and that's why it was so hard to replace them as a sponsor.

. I actually would go further and would take cash for naming rights for Tynecastle, going for the highest bidder and caring little what the end name would be.

The Wongadome!

Daydream Believer

hearts - let's find a new sponsor.

wonga - right we're interested. we'll pay ?400,000

hearts - nah, you're awright. the fans wont fancy that cos yer a trampy brand and they're awfy concerned about your unethical lending policies.

wonga - ehhh??? oor money's as good as anyone else's.

hearts - nah beat it. we can afford to be picky aboot who we associate wi.

wonga - well i never.

hearts - look at 'lil old high minded us eh?

Not that I'm bothered but isn't that exactly what we did before?

I thought at one point we said we were sticking with Ukio because none of the potential sponsors met the clubs profile?

Not that I'm bothered but isn't that exactly what we did before?

I thought at one point we said we were sticking with Ukio because none of the potential sponsors met the clubs profile?

i don't remember that being said but even if it was, is it really something that people would take at face value? it could mean anything.

I wonder if the posters objecting would be as outraged over a drinks company sponsoring our shirts?

Doubt it, despite the face that alcohol misuse is Scotland's NO.1 problem.

Chris Benoit

I wonder if the posters objecting would be as outraged over a drinks company sponsoring our shirts?

Doubt it, despite the face that alcohol misuse is Scotland's NO.1 problem.

but where are they getting the money for the booze?

hmmm.jpg

craigie jambo

Just to clarify, I don't care what wonga do, it is a naff company name but even that I can live with.. I just don't want a massive blue iron on speech bubble ruining our strip..

After this seasons monstrosity I'm hopeful for a belter-I the logo is White then maybe ok, but a big blue speech bubble will guarantee 2 years of howling kits..

Agreed

We'll be 'bitched' if it does

:angry:

Mixed feelings, pleased that we have a new sponsor who will be providing at least as much as ukio, but I do feel wonga are only a little better then loan sharks. And as London jambo says, I am sure Hibs fans will be finding great irony in this.

They can think what they want. What's absolutely certain is that we will be getting paid a lot more 'wonga' than they will by their shirt sponsor.

Guest Dr. Pepper

I am sure Hibs fans will be finding great irony in this.

:sob:

SO WHAT, WHO ****ING CARES

Serious question

gorgie_rebel

Doesn't really matter to me who's company name is on next season's shirt TBH

If the club are happy with the deal then thats good enough for me

FAO HMFC marketing team

Get on the wongaphone and get a pre season wonga challange trophy match with our wongabrothers at Blackpool an I'll buy 2 feckin strips!!!

WONGATASTIC!!!!

:scenes:

:yas:

So the new sponsor is shocking according to the JKB Drama Queens ... like we should have held out for Coutts Bank!

I also find it hillarious that one negative thing is the complaints re the colour of the logo ... 12 months ago we were all tugging off at the sight of this and loving the colour

Hearts-Away-Kit.jpg

It'll be a perfect match:

Wonga.png

As far as I'm concerned if it's a good deal for the club then they can advertise whatever they want, the JKB tarts will just have to accept it.

Gregory House M.D.

Its not positive if we don't shift shirts

THIS! If the shirts have hideous speachbubbles on the front i for one won't be buying them. I don't think i'll be the only one who takes this stance. Another idiotic decision by the club. This years strips will end up being our best in years as well.

Gregory House M.D.

Its not positive if we don't shift shirts

THIS! If the shirts have hideous speachbubbles on the front i for one won't be buying them. I don't think i'll be the only one who takes this stance. Another idiotic decision by the club. This years strips will end up being our best in years as well but will be ruined by the logo. Wouldn't surprise me if the board have allowed them too put that annoying fat wonga guys face on the inside of the shirt like the getafe/burgerking shirt.

Quick question to folk, if Gocompare offered us ?5 Million to sponsor us BUT wanted yon dude to be able to dance on the pitch at half time, would you be up for it?

Easy decision for me.

Archived