Game of Thrones

Peebo

Konrad von Carstein

Was saying to the bursd that Joffery has some similarities to my nephew....not in the ordering of beheadings sense but he does look a wee bit like him...

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dean Winchester

Another cracking episode, not as good as the last but still very good. Completely laid the foundations for the next season and the ending was a superb scene.

Having also just finished the book shortly after watching the episode I'm now onto the second one :thumbsup:

Nicholas Brody

Has been a great series and I cant wait for next spring for the second. I was expecting shit to hit the fan in the last episode but it seems that that's being saved for the next series which isn't a bad thing. Another pretty much 'main' character gone as well was a bit of a surprise (Haven't read the books).

Whilst looking through imdb for the next series I noticed Gerard Butler has been credited as Stannis Baratheon? http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0250897/

My son put me onto this, loved it, cannot wait for season 2 to come out :thumbsup:

This is probably the first series of anything I have watched every episode of since I was a bairn, the advertising for it sold it to me cos it sounded my sort of thing.

Not disappointed but did get slow at bits and you have to keep thinking back to where they are and whats going on. As you say cant wait for the second season does anyone know the timescale and has it been shot yet?

I was sure last week that they wouldnt behead Ned Stark and felt sure something was gonna happen at the last minute..DOH

Another cracking episode, not as good as the last but still very good. Completely laid the foundations for the next season and the ending was a superb scene.

Having also just finished the book shortly after watching the episode I'm now onto the second one :thumbsup:

Halfway through book 2. Bit slow so far but introducing some new characters and settings.

Has been a great series and I cant wait for next spring for the second. I was expecting shit to hit the fan in the last episode but it seems that that's being saved for the next series which isn't a bad thing. Another pretty much 'main' character gone as well was a bit of a surprise (Haven't read the books).

Whilst looking through imdb for the next series I noticed Gerard Butler has been credited as Stannis Baratheon? http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0250897/

Gerard Butler?

:yas:

300.jpg

THIS...IS...STANNIS!

Was saying to the bursd that Joffery has some similarities to my nephew....not in the ordering of beheadings sense but he does look a wee bit like him...

Nephew eh? Uh huh ;)

Just watched the 10th episode - simply superb television and superbly adapted - can't wait for the next season and now off to read the books ;)

So - question to anyone who's read the books. Got to read them after such a cracking watch, should I read the first one or go straight to the second? Was much missed out of the TV adaption?

Sheiky Baby

So - question to anyone who's read the books. Got to read them after such a cracking watch, should I read the first one or go straight to the second? Was much missed out of the TV adaption?

Start at the beginning definitely. So much more detail in the book

Dean Winchester

It's probably the best adaption I've seen. The tv show lifts practically everything from the book as it should be. There's very few scenes that have been missed out and the ones that have are more likely down to the budget than anything else.

I'd still read the book though but I think if you did actually start reading straight into the 2nd book you wouldn't feel lost at all.

North Berwick Jambo

I finally got a chance to sit down & catch up with last nights show, another cracking episode & i like the way it finished. Over the past ten weeks it has become my favorite show ever & i am gutted that at we have to wait that long for the next series. I am tempted to go & buy the books now but i must admit that i am glad i knew nothing of the story before watching this series so i guess i will just have to wait till next spring.

PS Loved it when my missus suddenly started yelling at the tv telling Ned's missus to cave Jamie Lanasters head in, brilliant. :thumbsup:

Konrad von Carstein

Nephew eh? Uh huh ;)

:lol: :lol:

Pair of perverts! :verymad: :verymad:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I finally got a chance to sit down & catch up with last nights show, another cracking episode & i like the way it finished. Over the past ten weeks it has become my favorite show ever & i am gutted that at we have to wait that long for the next series. I am tempted to go & buy the books now but i must admit that i am glad i knew nothing of the story before watching this series so i guess i will just have to wait till next spring.

PS Loved it when my missus suddenly started yelling at the tv telling Ned's missus to cave Jamie Lanasters head in, brilliant. :thumbsup:

Almost identically this thumbsup.gif

Templeton'sUnderpants

Just finished the 4 books and the 3 novellas. Absolutely amazing glad this series didn't come along sooner though don't think I would have fancied waiting 6 years between books.

In the meantime just starting n The Dresden Files series by Jim Butcher, perhaps someone could advise if it's worth continuing? Not feeling the writing style so far but will stick with it if the plot is particularly impressive.

• 5 months later...
Nicholas Brody

Cant ******* wait :pinilla:

Been gagging to read the books but am just going to wait and watch it instead. Will read them after though. Is that Stannis that's talking btw?

North Berwick Jambo

Cant ******* wait :pinilla:

Been gagging to read the books but am just going to wait and watch it instead. Will read them after though. Is that Stannis that's talking btw?

Am not sure mate it could be him, i avoided the books so i can enjoy the 2nd series as much as the 1st. It is my favorite tv show ever by a long long way & you know it is going to get better & better, roll on April. :thumbsup:

:yas: :yas:

Edit: And yeah I believe it's Stannis

This.

Can't wait. Read all the books now and can't wait to see how it unfolds onscreen.

Konrad von Carstein

I've read all the books apart from the last one - I hope to jeebus the tv series is better than the books - far to slow and drawn out imo.

I've read all the books apart from the last one - I hope to jeebus the tv series is better than the books - far to slow and drawn out imo.

Have you watched season 1? It's da baws man, da baws :thumbsup:

The second last book was a bit slow but the last one was epic and action packed imo.

Best book was the second, A Clash of Kings.

Nicholas Brody

The second last book was a bit slow but the last one was epic and action packed imo.

:jjyay:

ToadKiller Dog

I would agree it was a sort of a draw for breathe book ,often happens in fantasy series books .

Though the wedding in the 3rd book (wont spoil it for others ) was based on a bit of Scottish history ,maybe one of the best bits for stun moments .

Haven't seen the programme but have been reading the books. Thought the fourth book was the biggest lot of sheite I have ever read - he missed out half the characters for gods sake!! I know he put a pishy wee note at the end explaining why, but that was really really poor stuff in my opinion. Seriously questioning whether I should bother with the last one now?

Haven't seen the programme but have been reading the books. Thought the fourth book was the biggest lot of sheite I have ever read - he missed out half the characters for gods sake!! I know he put a pishy wee note at the end explaining why, but that was really really poor stuff in my opinion. Seriously questioning whether I should bother with the last one now?

Book 5 is the best one mate.

It annoyed me too how all my favourite characters weren't in book 4 but Tyrion, Danerys and Stannis get loads of face time in book 5 and there are some stunning twists and the return of a character thought long dead...

ToadKiller Dog

I can understand a bit of dissapointment with the 4th book as readers will have favorite characters and want to see them develop more , but i think in the longer run it will have been needed to expand the world and for plots for the next and later books yet to come and other off shoots from the main story (an authors trick often used in fantasy series novels).

Seats its worth sticking with ,the 5th book is back to the real stuff .

I would agree it was a sort of a draw for breathe book ,often happens in fantasy series books .

Though the wedding in the 3rd book (wont spoil it for others ) was based on a bit of Scottish history ,maybe one of the best bits for stun moments .

:sob:

I'm about a quarter of the way book 3, I've heard that book 4 departs from the usual characters and I'm not really looking forward to it tbh. It's a big book! It's a big commitment and I'm missing out on other books as I wade through these (I only get maybe a half hour a day to read, maybe less kickback more Game of Thrones is the way).

Anyway, I was wondering whether I should just skip book 4 and go straight to book 5, would that work? Would I miss much?

Thanks for not posting spoilers guys, I really appreciate it, I'd hate to have the big revelations ruined!

I'm about a quarter of the way book 3, I've heard that book 4 departs from the usual characters and I'm not really looking forward to it tbh. It's a big book! It's a big commitment and I'm missing out on other books as I wade through these (I only get maybe a half hour a day to read, maybe less kickback more Game of Thrones is the way).

Anyway, I was wondering whether I should just skip book 4 and go straight to book 5, would that work? Would I miss much?

Thanks for not posting spoilers guys, I really appreciate it, I'd hate to have the big revelations ruined!

Wouldn't recommend skipping the 4thdoc. It runs at the same time as book 5 and while not as exciting as previous books it has some important parts which set up book 5.

Wouldn't recommend skipping the 4thdoc. It runs at the same time as book 5 and while not as exciting as previous books it has some important parts which set up book 5.

'K, thanks. I'll plow on!

• 1 month later...

April 1st shaping up to be a vintage day for telly what with this, and the return of The Killing (AMC version). :thumbsup:

Jambof3tornado

wish folk would stop saying not long to go........................its bloody ages away and I am soooooooooooooooo impatient!!!

Trailer looks bloody good.

Dean Winchester

wish folk would stop saying not long to go........................its bloody ages away and I am soooooooooooooooo impatient!!!

Trailer looks bloody good.

Tell me about it. It's 2 days after my dissertation's due in.

I've barely started.

:sob:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived