top six fixtures

jambopompey

jambopompey

been trying to find out the dates for the top six fixtures but can't seem to find them listed anywhere, i know the actual fixtures have still to be announced, but do we have a free weekend after the Inverness game?

Ryan Gosling

They start on the 24th. There's no free weekend, in fact I'm pretty sure there's gonna be a midweek game.

Ryan Gosling

What are the post-split dates for 2010/11?

Fixture rounds 34-38 are scheduled to be played on April 23 & 30 and May 7, 11, 14/15.

jambopompey

cheers, just needed the info as im getting a kids party sorted and don't want it to clash with the hearts game

Smoked-Glass

cheers, just needed the info as im getting a kids party sorted and don't want it to clash with the hearts game

you would think they would annouce the rest of the fixtures now since the 6s are decided! People need to know when they have home games and also gives the tv companies time to announce the games the want to cover.

When smeltic come to tynecastle it will be on the tv. Our trip to ibrox may be on the box as well

the post-split fixture dates in the 2010/11 Clydesdale Bank Premier League:

Round 34 - weekend of April 23

Round 35 - weekend of April 30

Round 36 - weekend of May 7

Round 37 - midweek of May 11

Round 38 - weekend of May 14/15

When are we likely to find out, next weekend?

Surely, they should sort it out and tell us now. No reason why not.

Surely, they should sort it out and tell us now. No reason why not.

Well you would think that the nearer it got to the split the SPL would have had almost every scenario covered so as to give fans as much time as possible to arrange thinks.

Dundee Utd on the 23rd would be terrific.Tannadice on a Saturday,3pm with a chance to put to bed third place.Hope it is,could be a near sell out maybe.

yvonnejambo

All I really hope for is we dont have a home game in the midweek date. Really really hope if we do it aint the celtic game, as I missed the last one because it being mid week :(

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

All I really hope for is we dont have a home game in the midweek date. Really really hope if we do it aint the celtic game, as I missed the last one because it being mid week :(

I want a home game on Easter weekend, as I'm going to be in Edinburgh, visiting the mafia. Not too much to ask, is it?

Smoked-Glass

I want a home game on Easter weekend, as I'm going to be in Edinburgh, visiting the mafia. Not too much to ask, is it?

you forget that fans are the last people who matter when it comes to these things. Now pay your money.

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

you forget that fans are the last people who matter when it comes to these things. Now pay your money.

Of course, how could I have let that slip from my thoughts?

Thanks for reminding me - a blank cheque will be on its way to Tynecastle ASAP.

Dundee Utd on the 23rd would be terrific.Tannadice on a Saturday,3pm with a chance to put to bed third place.Hope it is,could be a near sell out maybe.

Think we are due to play them at Tynecastle as we were up there in mid-week not that long ago on a Tues!

But hey it`s the SFA/SPL we a talking about so yes it could happen :teehee:

Think we are due to play them at Tynecastle as we were up there in mid-week not that long ago on a Tues!

But hey it`s the SFA/SPL we a talking about so yes it could happen :teehee:

Nah, we are due them away again as the last game played at tannadice was re-scheduled from an earlier date, we palyed them twice at home before we palyed them away. Although, I suppose there is a chance we could get them 3 times at tynie.

Hearts Heritage

Its a nightmare for us booking travel up from the Smoke. Even when they sorted it out a couple of years ago they moved the Hibs game from the Weekend to the Thursday so we had to rearrange travel.

The Treasurer

Its a nightmare for us booking travel up from the Smoke. Even when they sorted it out a couple of years ago they moved the Hibs game from the Weekend to the Thursday so we had to rearrange travel.

As has been pointed out, the fans are the last thing to be taken into consideration.

The fixtures could have been issued at 5pm on Saturday. There is absolutely no reason why that wasn't possible.

Different sets of fixtures would/should have been drawn up allowing for whatever the final line up of teams was.

If they can issue one fixture last week then they must have had some sort of fixture list prepared.

Fxxx the SPFL

Nothing on the SPL website, i'm not registered so perhaps some fellow kickbackers who are should e-mail them and ask them what the :verymad: is going on.

:down:

Randy Marsh

I have got a feeling that one club in the top 6 is going to get a raw deal and the SPL are struggling to find away around it. Maybe Rangers are going to get sent to Tynie for a third time this season (hopefully) as there is no easy solution to balance the fixtures.

To be fair its about time Rangers came to Tynecastle for a third time. We have been sent to Ibrox 3 times twice in the last 4 seasons so its only fair.

Cupar Jambo

As the ugly sisters are playing next Tues and Wed fixtures are due to be released next Wed after these games are played

The Treasurer

As the ugly sisters are playing next Tues and Wed fixtures are due to be released next Wed after these games are played

So, as Sky have an SPL game scheduled for next Friday at 12pm that would give the clubs involved roughly 36 hours to get themselves organised. While the rest would have 2 and a half days to arrange policing, staff and catering for their games.

Even those running Scottish football wouldn't be that stupid....................

huh.gifohmy.gif

I have got a feeling that one club in the top 6 is going to get a raw deal and the SPL are struggling to find away around it. Maybe Rangers are going to get sent to Tynie for a third time this season (hopefully) as there is no easy solution to balance the fixtures.

To be fair its about time Rangers came to Tynecastle for a third time. We have been sent to Ibrox 3 times twice in the last 4 seasons so its only fair.

It's relatively simple this time round

I posted this before we were sure who the top 6 were going to be but it bears repetition

The following list shows how many home games each team has had and who they've still to play at home a second time

Celtic (17) :Dundee Utd; Kilmarnock; Motherwell

Rangers (16) :Celtic; Hearts

Hearts (17) :Celtic

Dundee Utd (16) :Hearts; Kilmarnock; Motherwell; Rangers

Kilmarnock (16) :Hearts; Rangers

Motherwell (17) :Hearts; Kilmarnock; Rangers

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Inverness CT (17) :Hibernian; St Mirren

St Johnstone (17) :Hamilton; Inverness CT

Hibernian (16) :Aberdeen; St Johnstone; St Mirren

Aberdeen (16) :Inverness CT; St Johnstone; St Mirren

St Mirren (17) :St Johnstone

Hamilton (16) :Aberdeen; Hibernian; Inverness CT; St Mirren

The Bottom Six is easy If Hamilton go to Paisley for a third time then they'll all have had 19 home games

St Mirren (17) :Hamilton; St Johnstone

In the top 6 however

Celtic, Motherwell and Dundee United would get a 20th home game while Hearts, Kilmarnock and Rangers would only get 18

Celtic need to lose one of their home games but Motherwell and Dundee United already have too many home games so the logical switch is the Celtic vs Kilmarnock

This would mean that Celtic and Kilmarnock would each have 19 Home Games over the season

Kilmarnock (16) :Celtic; Hearts; Rangers

Motherwell and Dundee United both need to lose a home game and Rangers and Hearts both need to gain one

Motherwell and Dundee United would both have home games against rangers and Hearts so there are two ways of evening out the fixtures by switching two games

Each of the former will have to visit each of the latter for a 3rd time

Rangers (16) :Celtic; Hearts; Motherwell

Hearts (17) :Celtic; Dundee Utd

Rangers (16) :Celtic; Hearts; Dundee Utd

Hearts (17) :Celtic; Motherwell

The annoying thing is there's no way of knowing which of these alternatives will be chosen and inevitably people will complain that the decision was a stich up either way

Hearts Heritage

I posted this before we were sure who the top 6 were going to be but it bears repetition

The following list shows how many home games each team has had and who they've still to play at home a second time

The Bottom Six is easy If Hamilton go to Paisley for a third time then they'll all have had 19 home games

In the top 6 however

Celtic, Motherwell and Dundee United would get a 20th home game while Hearts, Kilmarnock and Rangers would only get 18

Celtic need to lose one of their home games but Motherwell and Dundee United already have too many home games so the logical switch is the Celtic vs Kilmarnock

This would mean that Celtic and Kilmarnock would each have 19 Home Games over the season

Motherwell and Dundee United both need to lose a home game and Rangers and Hearts both need to gain one

Motherwell and Dundee United would both have home games against rangers and Hearts so there are two ways of evening out the fixtures by switching two games

The annoying thing is there's no way of knowing which of these alternatives will be chosen and inevitably people will complain that the decision was a stich up either way

Top Stuff TC!

You can bet the SPL boffins haven't got it as well sorted out.

Smoked-Glass

Of course, how could I have let that slip from my thoughts?

Thanks for reminding me - a blank cheque will be on its way to Tynecastle ASAP.

i ment the SFA. Those big wigs could have easily released the fixures saturday at full time (like they did in 2010) or sunday after they had all got out of the lodge after the rangers game.

jambopompey

i have noticed that the old firm are aware when they play each other next, but the rest of the clubs are still waiting on the fixtures to be announced, or are they waiting on Celtic's lawyers to clarify the fixture list

Getintaethem

A fourteen team league sorts out this sh1t once and for all. Everybody plays home and away once = 26 games. Top and bottom 7 then play each other home and away once = 12 games. Total 38 games.

A much fairer set-up. So staggeringly simple that it's unbelievable that it's not already happening.

To many short sighted, penny-pinchers running Scottish football.

Randy Marsh

A fourteen team league sorts out this sh1t once and for all. Everybody plays home and away once = 26 games. Top and bottom 7 then play each other home and away once = 12 games. Total 38 games.

A much fairer set-up. So staggeringly simple that it's unbelievable that it's not already happening.

In a nutshell.

The lack of interest for a 14 team league was staggering. I like most would prefer a 16/18 but if the OF wont allow this then a 14 team league was the way forward.

jambopompey

In a nutshell.

The lack of interest for a 14 team league was staggering. I like most would prefer a 16/18 but if the OF wont allow this then a 14 team league was the way forward.

but the old firm don't even want that, they want a 10 team top league with even more of the prize money

Randy Marsh

but the old firm don't even want that, they want a 10 team top league with even more of the prize money

Which is suprising cos a 14 team league would still keep the 4 OF games each season which is the most important basis of any changes and get rid of the unbalanced fixtures.

A 10 team SPL will be the final nail in the coffin.

If 7 wasn't an odd number you'd have a very good point

Top Stuff TC!

You can bet the SPL boffins haven't got it as well sorted out.

As I say this time it's relatively straight forward if you've got the data to hand and they should have had two alternative fixture lists set up.

What is needed however are some pre-published rules about how the changes will be decided, especially in seasons like last season where one team is going to be left short of a home game.

Last season it was Motherwell. If they'd been given the shitty end of the stick but knew that it was because they'd finished 6 after 33 games then they'd have less cause to feel aggrieved.

When it's declared that whether Motherwell or Dundee United are visiting Ibrox for a 3rd time you can be sure that either Celtic Fans or Rangers fans (or both) will scream that the decision has been made to favour one or other party. If it was declared beforehand that in such situations matches would be switched in order of how far apart the teams were then there would be no argument.

It doesn't really matter what the rules are. If it was done on a coin toss it would be better than the current situation.

Getintaethem

If 7 wasn't an odd number you'd have a very good point

Just means somebody gets a free week after the split, no big deal.

Hearts Heritage

If it was declared beforehand that in such situations matches would be switched in order of how far apart the teams were then there would be no argument.

It doesn't really matter what the rules are. If it was done on a coin toss it would be better than the current situation.

hit-the-nail-on-the-head.jpg

Transparency in Scottish football .....

jambopompey

Just means somebody gets a free week after the split, no big deal.

which will cause arguments from clubs depending on when they have a rest week

Hearts Heritage

which will cause arguments from clubs depending on when they have a rest week

Not at all if you publish the rules in advance e.g. say Teams will miss out in order of their league position when the top seven is finalised.

Not at all if you publish the rules in advance e.g. say Teams will miss out in order of their league position when the top seven is finalised.

It also gives you a season with 40 match days when we're currently struggling to fit in 38

Smoked-Glass

It also gives you a season with 40 match days when we're currently struggling to fit in 38

but we are staring earlyer. 23rd of July this year which makes sense to get a few extra weeks of good weather.

The delay is due to agreements with the clubs and policing -- especially where we are concerned -- Celtic and the police do not want the match against us in Edinburgh to be the last game -- they sense trouble if that was the case no matter the scenario. Might be there is no option though.

The SPL are of course again stuck with a 20/18 split for some top 6 teams and again they are trying to work out 'fairness' bearing in mind some teams are 'victimised' by the authorities.

We have to get either Motherwell, Kilmarnock or Dundee United at home -- some of those cause a problem as Dundee United and Kilmarnock have only played 16 at home by split time

Silvery_Moon

In the top 6 however

excellent work Topcat.

given our 3rd place battle with united I'd bet it's Motherwell that will be coming to Tynie for a 3rd visit.

Getintaethem

The only reason we're struggling to fit in 38 games is that we had and exceptionally harsh winter, the worst I can remember. It's already been said that the SPL will start earlier next year, so fitting in the fixtures won't be a major problem.

IMO the only thing stopping a fairer 14 team set up is the fact that TV and prize money will be shared among more clubs. The current system is unfair, it needs to change. The 10 team league is dead in the water, Inverness and Kilmarnock have already said that they would never vote for it. The whole point of football is to provide entertainment, reducing the number of teams puts to much pressure on managers to play defensively and makes it harder for them to give young players a chance to play. This means Scottish football can't develop and the quality of the product drives fans away.

Lets stop messing about and give clubs a fair system that will allow them to produce a higher standard of player.

RANT OVER.

would prefer them at Tynecastle

heartsfc_fan

Wish they would hurry up with the fixtures! Joke that is the SPL (or SFA or whoever it is that organises the fixtures).

<_<

rossthejambo

You'd think with the top 6 and bottom 6 teams decided that they would just get on with it and release the fixtures as soon as. Surely they'd already had the fixtures all sorted for all eventualities...but then you remember that it's Scottish football we're talking about.

Farce doesn't even come close to describing it.

grumpyjambo

The only reason we're struggling to fit in 38 games is that we had and exceptionally harsh winter, the worst I can remember. It's already been said that the SPL will start earlier next year, so fitting in the fixtures won't be a major problem.

IMO the only thing stopping a fairer 14 team set up is the fact that TV and prize money will be shared among more clubs. The current system is unfair, it needs to change. The 10 team league is dead in the water, Inverness and Kilmarnock have already said that they would never vote for it. The whole point of football is to provide entertainment, reducing the number of teams puts to much pressure on managers to play defensively and makes it harder for them to give young players a chance to play. This means Scottish football can't develop and the quality of the product drives fans away.

Lets stop messing about and give clubs a fair system that will allow them to produce a higher standard of player.

RANT OVER.

International weekends in August, September & March do not help either.

why is this they should announce them after hibs v hamilton on sunday

Archived