Free shirts for Saturday

Doctor FinnBarr

Doctor FinnBarr

I thought the deal was buy two adult tickets and get a free top, but I get a ticket for me and the daughter and along comes a voucher for a free top!!!:spongebob3:

I thought the deal was buy two adult tickets and get a free top, but I get a ticket for me and the daughter and along comes a voucher for a free top!!!:spongebob3:

Eh? You want your top couriered over to your house or something?:rolleyes: or are you complaining about getting a voucher with a child?s ticket?

Eh? You want your top couriered over to your house or something?:rolleyes: or are you complaining about getting a voucher with a child?s ticket?

He wasnt complaining about anything from what I can see???

However I will.

Pretty sick of these kinda deals to be honest.

We've had buy a home shirt, and get an away shirt free. What use is that to those of us who forked out for a shirt when it first came out??

We now have buy two tickets and get a free shirt. What use is that to those of us who have commited to spending a fortune on season tickets and being at every game at Tynie??

Where's the "reward" for those of us who made commitments early doors?

chester copperpot

I have decided not to purchase any merchandise from the club next season as a sort of mini protest.

I've tried to not buy my ST, but I just cannot do it. Will be leaving it till the last minute though.

forrester_jambo

However I will.

We've had buy a home shirt, and get an away shirt free. What use is that to those of us who forked out for a shirt when it first came out??

We now have buy two tickets and get a free shirt. What use is that to those of us who have commited to spending a fortune on season tickets and being at every game at Tynie??

yup the words " taking the pesh " spring to mind buddy!:sad:

However I will.

It's all 'what's in it for me?' with some folk. Can you not see the bigger picture? It's about generating income for the club.

You were happy at the time buying your season ticket book, and buying your new top and wearing it when it was still brand new and cool. Now it's all "It's no fare, I'm a more committed fan than them and they get all the goodies."

You come across as a spoilt wee child.

However I will.

They don?t know who you are. I suspect sales are down and they had too many shirts made.

As for benefits, well I guess you?ve had yours for the full season, but I know what you mean. Perhaps the club shops should log purchases and give some freebies to those who bought early doors?

Guest JamboRobbo

However I will.

Agree, the club is taking the **** out of it's most loyal customers.

Very low IMO.

Very low IMO.

JamboRobbo in slagging Hearts shocker.

Do you ever have anything positive to say about anything?

Ever?

Very low IMO.

Never heard of demand and supply then !

I would rather have this type of prom, rather than hearts just selling the lot to JJB etc and they sell them cut price !

The arguement that is being made he is just daft, its like saying i'm not going to buy anything from next as its all going to be half price in the sales !

Very low IMO.

The fare on the park has taken the **** out of the loyal fans, not some football strip offer imo.

Most 'loyal' customers imo don't mind puting there hands in their pockets to pay for a strip instead of hoping we might get a freebie.

i am also angry, i forked out for two home and two away strips when they came out and an away top for me, two tracksuits(expensive ones). two season tickets and numerous other purchases from shop bed covers etc. i may have had my top from start of season but i only really wear it to away games so have probably had it on about 12 times.

we come to end of season and apart from saving 60 quid for re-newing ST early i don't even get CIS top up. i am not blaming those who have taken advantage of the current offer but there will be people there on saturday who have bought tickets to get frre top and they will not be back until next season at the same time when they can get another free top.

Guest JamboRobbo
The fare on the park has taken the **** out of the loyal fans, not some football strip offer imo.

Most 'loyal' customers imo don't mind puting there hands in their pockets to pay for a strip instead of hoping we might get a freebie.

I always buy my strip Gambo. Full price. And my ST. And a lot more on top. Thats the point. :mw_rolleyes:

Loyal customers, treated like ****. That is their choice, and the reaction they receive is of their own making.

I always buy my strip Gambo. Full price. And my ST. And a lot more on top. Thats the point. :mw_rolleyes:

Loyal customers, treated like ****. That is their choice, and the reaction they receive is of their own making.

I certainly don't feel like i've been treated like **** because i havent been given a freebie (that will be out of date in a few weeks...............in fact i'm sure some would complain about that if they were to be given one just now:confused:).

Have non platinum s/t holders been treated like **** because they have not been given the perk of a meeting with S.F.and his coaching staff?:confused:

I think it is a good marketing ploy by Hearts to bring in new customers(=money) and get rid of some over stock. The more Hearts strips you see being worn on the streets can only be good imo.

Some 'walk up' customers are also loyal customers who will spend money in the shops etc, just because they can't afford a s/t or cant make all the games dosent mean they are not 'loyal'. Maybe Hearts are just recognising these loyal customers also?

Personally, I think Hearts should be congratulated for this.

I think there are several benefits;

Firstly, we all complain about the expense of football for families, and the return we get for our cash, well this is a little bit back.

Secondly, building a football club is about catching youngsters at the right time, football is a brand loyalty product (on the whole) so catching someone young normally means that you have a consumer for life.

Thirdly, it may be a way of productively using redundant stock.

It may be frustrating for season ticket holders, but in all honesty, season ticket holders don't buy their tickets for purely altruistic reasons either. Yes they have club loyalty, but they are also attracted by the fact that they get reduced rates, preferential ticket application rights and other benefits.

IMHO Hearts are a long way from financial safety, but one way of ensuring the future is to broaden the revenue streams/market footprint. You won't achieve that by just offering your existing product to existing customers for less than you previously charged.

aDONis

It's all 'what's in it for me?' with some folk. Can you not see the bigger picture? It's about generating income for the club.

You were happy at the time buying your season ticket book, and buying your new top and wearing it when it was still brand new and cool. Now it's all "It's no fare, I'm a more committed fan than them and they get all the goodies."

You come across as a spoilt wee child.

Oh seriously. Feck off.

Spoilt wee child? Aye. Sure.

Its not about "i'm a more commited fan" - i dont doubt for a minute that there are folk who have put more money in to the club than I have this year, who dont even have a season ticket.

But I do think that if there are to be perks for those who could turn up for one game out of an entire season and get a free strip out of it, then there should also be perks for the rest of us.

Its something to encourage Joe Bloggs in the street to buy a ticket and come along. Wheres the encouragement for those who already have there tickets but are so near the end of their tether with this institution that they cant even be bothered to turn up for something they've already paid for??

Reward Joe Bloggs and to hell with the rest of the supporters who have already given the club their money. Nice attitude to have.

Nelly Terraces
Personally, I think Hearts should be congratulated for this.

I think there are several benefits;

Firstly, we all complain about the expense of football for families, and the return we get for our cash, well this is a little bit back.

Secondly, building a football club is about catching youngsters at the right time, football is a brand loyalty product (on the whole) so catching someone young normally means that you have a consumer for life.

Thirdly, it may be a way of productively using redundant stock.

It may be frustrating for season ticket holders, but in all honesty, season ticket holders don't buy their tickets for purely altruistic reasons either. Yes they have club loyalty, but they are also attracted by the fact that they get reduced rates, preferential ticket application rights and other benefits.

IMHO Hearts are a long way from financial safety, but one way of ensuring the future is to broaden the revenue streams/market footprint. You won't achieve that by just offering your existing product to existing customers for less than you previously charged.

aDONis

Good post (for a sheep). With one subtle twist, I could see the part highlighted being ramped up to include redundant players. What would happen is that, the away team sell a certain amount of tickets, and we give them a player for nowt.

Y'know, sell 20 tickets, get Clum, sell 25, get Neilson, sell, errr, 3 get Ksna the smurf, and so on and so forth, hopefully, in no time, we'd get rid of this type of very redundant stock, and other clubs would, ahem, 'benefit' from receiving free, 'talent'.

Everyone a winner. I should work in marketing me.:P

Nelly, I thought you wanted to increase revenue. If you get Clum after twenty tickets, you can be as sure as hell that only 19 away fans will turn up ;)

Nah, seriously, I'm no fan of Emperor Vlad, but I think that the thinking behind stuff like the free shirts to school kids and this type of offer is way ahead of other clubs.

I look at my own club and think that the austerity measures over the last 10 years were the right thing to do at the time. What I'd like Wiggy to do now is give us better structural direction, I'm not a big fan of wages on the pitch, I'd be much more interested in proper training facilities, better scouting etc.

Dare I say it, but Hibs have outstripped us both on that side of things.

aDONis

Nelly Terraces
Nelly, I thought you wanted to increase revenue. If you get Clum after twenty tickets, you can be as sure as hell that only 19 away fans will turn up ;)

Nah, seriously, I'm no fan of Emperor Vlad, but I think that the thinking behind stuff like the free shirts to school kids and this type of offer is way ahead of other clubs.

I look at my own club and think that the austerity measures over the last 10 years were the right thing to do at the time. What I'd like Wiggy to do now is give us better structural direction, I'm not a big fan of wages on the pitch, I'd be much more interested in proper training facilities, better scouting etc.

Dare I say it, but Hibs have outstripped us both on that side of things.

aDONis

If they had any sense they would!:)

I'd say that HMFCs revenues are probably far highher than the reptiles, but then our outgoings are a joke, as is the management of the club in general (count things such as scouting etc within that). AFC had the right idea to rope things in a while back, it could pay off in the longterm

Oh seriously. Feck off.

Spoilt wee child? Aye. Sure.

Its not about "i'm a more commited fan" - i dont doubt for a minute that there are folk who have put more money in to the club than I have this year, who dont even have a season ticket.

But I do think that if there are to be perks for those who could turn up for one game out of an entire season and get a free strip out of it, then there should also be perks for the rest of us.

Its something to encourage Joe Bloggs in the street to buy a ticket and come along. Wheres the encouragement for those who already have there tickets but are so near the end of their tether with this institution that they cant even be bothered to turn up for something they've already paid for??

Reward Joe Bloggs and to hell with the rest of the supporters who have already given the club their money. Nice attitude to have.

Spot on Erik!!

HMFC's turnover is much larger than either Hibs or Aberdeen, indeed, HMFC's revenue growth under Emperor Vlad has been impressive (I think around a jump of circa ?3m-?3.5m per year, although I might be wrong), but your cost base just seems to have gone mental, so how you can be losing a reputed ?175k a week :confused::omg::eek1: is just frightening.

Anyway, that's another discussion.

aDONis

I presume that Hearts have a pile of strips which have no value at all in a couple of weeks, as they ordered too many.

So they either have a choice: give them away to charity or try to bring in a few punters who would be attracted by a game plus strip deal.

Given that there are spare seats in the stadium and a pile of worthless strips, I would suggest that bringing in a few punters through the strip plus game deal is a fairly good idea.

Given that people who have bought the strip earlier in the season have had a years 'utility' from it - even if it is for dusting the house with your No 28 strip - this shouldn't affect them at all? Do they want a strip with No 29 on it now too?

Guest S.U.S.S.

Giving them away is fair enought imo.

Good to potentially get more people interested or those youngsters still at the impressionable stage interested in us.

But then, im not an old goat that wants to bitch about everything by choosing to look at the negative side of everything.

There should be a :-) at the end but for some reason the html is off on my work browser!

Remember a couple of seasons ago, when things were going well at the club, when there were giveaways at the games - folk would come in to find something stuck to the underside of their seat, then be gifted with a free ball or something similar as a result.

THAT. That would be a good way to get rid of unwanted stock. Doesnt discriminate between season ticket holder / non-season ticket holder, just totally at random.

How would you feel if you went down your local, had to pay to get in and pay twice as much as normal for a sub standard pint, only to find that other non-regular punters were being invited in, lured with perfect, free, pints......? I'm sure you'd be happy about that huh.

Remember a couple of seasons ago, when things were going well at the club, when there were giveaways at the games - folk would come in to find something stuck to the underside of their seat, then be gifted with a free ball or something similar as a result.

THAT. That would be a good way to get rid of unwanted stock. Doesnt discriminate between season ticket holder / non-season ticket holder, just totally at random.

How would you feel if you went down your local, had to pay to get in and pay twice as much as normal for a sub standard pint, only to find that other non-regular punters were being invited in, lured with perfect, free, pints......? I'm sure you'd be happy about that huh.

It isn't devaluing the strips to give some away a week or two before they have nil value.

Point is Erik, that you have every right to change your pub. Just as you have every right to change your club.

They're (the club) are playing on your loyalty, which IMHO is fair game. They are trying to build up future generations of loyal punters like yourself, that is how they are trying to ensure the longer term future.

Season ticket holders this year will get the option to buy next years ticket earlier than if say I wanted a ST, is it fair to penalise me because my circumstances last year dictated that I couldn't buy one (ie I didn't have the cash, lived a long way away or wasn't old enough).

Whether we like it or not, it's a competative market place and like I said before, Hearts won't ensure their future by simply selling to their existing customer base.

aDONis

They're (the club) are playing on your loyalty

Nail on the head.

The club ARE playing on the loyalty of the support.

In an environment where an increasing percentage of the "loyal" support cant be bothered to turn up for something they've already paid for, its a bit of a risky strategy in my eyes.

I should have said counting rather than playing but hey ho.

It's catch 22 though, the inference of loyal is that your there whatever. If you decide to remove your support (which you are perfectly entitled to do), you are by definition, not loyal and may need to be wooed back (say with a free shirt offer).

What you see as unfair, I see as business.

aDONis

Guest JamboRobbo
I should have said counting rather than playing but hey ho.

It's catch 22 though, the inference of loyal is that your there whatever. If you decide to remove your support (which you are perfectly entitled to do), you are by definition, not loyal and may need to be wooed back (say with a free shirt offer).

What you see as unfair, I see as business.

aDONis

Which is fair enough if HMFC want to be treated like any other business. e.g. if a customer doesn't like the product at Tesco, he goes to Waitrose.

The way I see it, there are a lot of ST holders who are mightily ****ed off right now. They might not go and support another team, but they might well not renew next year.

IMO, HMFC would be better served trying to do something to encourage ST holders to buy STs again next year, rather than this sham of trying to get someone to come along to a single match because it's a special offer this week.

Boaby Ewing

IMO, HMFC would be better served trying to do something to encourage ST holders to buy STs again next year, rather than this sham of trying to get someone to come along to a single match because it's a special offer this week.

Fair enough (I've been saying that a lot today) but the two aren't mutually exclusive.

I would argue that they should do both.

Aren't there early bird discounts on STs this season?

You may not feel that, that's enough, and like I say, you're entitled to take your custom away/elsewhere. But as I said in my first post, football is based on brand loyalty, so if you manage a club, you have to play that card. In addition you have to try and "hook" new converts as well.

IMHO Hearts are short of cash (annacdotal evidence only, but sufficient amounts of it), it also looks to me that they need to generate cash (hence the very early early-bird offers). They have an asset(stock of shirts), that they think they won't be able to sell and so are pretty much worthless, so they are using them to try and generate additional cash/revenue.

IMHO ST holders are using this as another stick to try and beat the management up with (and in this instance I think it's unjustified). Their real gripe is with the product on the pitch, and I feel pretty sure that if that was doing well, most people having "a dig" would actually be saying "well done", "spreading the Hearts brand" etc. etc.

I'm an outsider, so this has no real bearing on me or my club (other than potentially removing some potential AFC fans from the marketplace). In the circumstances, I think it's a pretty good move.

aDONis

Guest JamboRobbo
Fair enough (I've been saying that a lot today) but the two aren't mutually exclusive.

Agreed they could do both. But doing the latter, having not bothered with the former, is poor form IMO.

Guest JamboRobbo
IMHO ST holders are using this as another stick to try and beat the management up with (and in this instance I think it's unjustified). Their real gripe is with the product on the pitch, and I feel pretty sure that if that was doing well, most people having "a dig" would actually be saying "well done", "spreading the Hearts brand" etc. etc.

A fairish assesment.

But given that currently many ST holders feel they have been taken for mugs, I don't feel this is the best way to change that perception.

Club is strapped for cash. Yes.

Surely then, making sure I (and others in my position) want to renew my season ticket (?400) would be more important than giving Joe Bloggs a free shirt for inputing the cost of 2 tickets amounting to approx one tenth the cost of a season ticket....?

Erik, JamboRobbo

I thought they were offering reduced rates for earl-bird season tickets, that in effect is your "free shirt".

aDONis

P.S. I understand where your coming from, lets face it, for most fans it's about product. I suspect that Abereen's season ticket sales will be dependent on two things. The Scottish Cup and summer signings. If we get into europe/buy someone exciting (say Maradonna for all the talcom powder he can eat), STs will go up. If we don't then they'll go down. I'm sure you guys are in the same boat.

Erik, JamboRobbo

I thought they were offering reduced rates for earl-bird season tickets, that in effect is your "free shirt".

aDONis

P.S. I understand where your coming from, lets face it, for most fans it's about product. I suspect that Abereen's season ticket sales will be dependent on two things. The Scottish Cup and summer signings. If we get into europe/buy someone exciting (say Maradonna for all the talcom powder he can eat), STs will go up. If we don't then they'll go down. I'm sure you guys are in the same boat.

Ah yes, being bribed in to renewing my season ticket before May to save me a whole ?30..... that makes me feel much more rewarded.

Sorry, proportionately, the difference between ?385 and ?415 is really not that great at all.

A ?30 saving on something which costs ?60 would be great.

A ?30 saving on something which costs ?400 is really not that great in the scale of things.

Buying 2 tickets gets you a reward of something which is worth pretty much the same as the cost of those said 2 tickets.

If renewing my season ticket before May got me a reward that was worth ?400 in return, then hell yeah, i'd definately be a lot more convinced about parting with my cash.

Ah yes, being bribed in to renewing my season ticket before May to save me a whole ?30..... that makes me feel much more rewarded.

Sorry, proportionately, the difference between ?385 and ?415 is really not that great at all.

A ?30 saving on something which costs ?60 would be great.

A ?30 saving on something which costs ?400 is really not that great in the scale of things.

Buying 2 tickets gets you a reward of something which is worth pretty much the same as the cost of those said 2 tickets.

If renewing my season ticket before May got me a reward that was worth ?400 in return, then hell yeah, i'd definately be a lot more convinced about parting with my cash.

Again you are making the point that the shirts are worth something. In a couple of weeks the shirts are worth nothing!

Again you are making the point that the shirts are worth something. In a couple of weeks the shirts are worth nothing!

If they are worth "nothing" - then why not open up the offer to EVERYONE.....?

Entice those with season tickets to clome along by perhaps making the offer of "anyone with a match ticket / season ticket book can claim a free shirt at the game on saturday"?

Entice those with season tickets to clome along by perhaps making the offer of "anyone with a match ticket / season ticket book can claim a free shirt at the game on saturday"?

They'll presumably have bought a couple of thousand more shirts than they have sold this year.

They'll presumably have bought a couple of thousand more shirts than they have sold this year.

That doesnt answer my question?

Why not make the surplus of strips available to EVERYONE?

MackaysCentreSpot

You really think Hearts have that vast number of shirts left to do what you suggest.

You really think Hearts have that vast number of shirts left to do what you suggest.

Ok, if you want to be pedantic about it...... how about......

"Free strip to the first X amount of folk who present a match ticket / season ticket voucher - while stocks last"

Where X represents a number of strips which Hearts are willing to give away.

That better? My point remains the same.

Guest JamboRobbo

Do you think they have 13,500 face painters and 13,500 free scarves?

How on earth are they going to fill a 27'000 and upwards stadia if, like now, they are toiling to fill an 18'000 stadia with almost bribery "buy 2 for 1" kinda shet.

Where is all the 1000's that were waiting in the back ground for some unluky souls ST when they couldn't/didn't want one.

This a serious pipe dream go badly wrong,and the supporters who have put their "heart and soul" into it are once again left carrying the can.

How on earth are they going to fill a 27'000 and upwards stadia if, like now, they are toiling to fill an 18'000 stadia with almost bribery "buy 2 for 1" kinda shet.

Where is all the 1000's that were waiting in the back ground for some unluky souls ST when they couldn't/didn't want one.

This a serious pipe dream go badly wrong,and the supporters who have put their "heart and soul" into it are once again left carrying the can.

Yup - they bleat on about still selling out the ground even though, despite giving away 500 odd tickets for free to the 7 year olds and bribing folk with free strips if they buy 2 tickets, there are still empty seats all over the stadium.

Ah, the days of genuine sell outs. What a distant memory.

Never mind eh, at least we're getting new folk in the door to claim their free strips.

Nucky Thompson

Great idea trying to entice fans with free out of date shirts. I bought mine at the start of the season but that was my choice and I certainly aint bitter about it. Well done Hearts:clap:

Nucky Thompson

Ah, the days of genuine sell outs. What a distant memory.

We only started getting sell outs 2 seasons ago:confused: Have the hobos had a sell out in the last 2 seasons:107years:

Archived