Free shirts for Saturday

Doctor FinnBarr

We only started getting sell outs 2 seasons ago:confused: Have the hobos had a sell out in the last 2 seasons:107years:

What the hell has that got to do with anything???

That doesnt answer my question?

Why not make the surplus of strips available to EVERYONE?

You, and I have already been attracted to Hearts. Giving the strips to the existing customers might prevent some non-renewals but given that the strips are likely to be worth little to people with season tickets (who will have likely bought strips earlier in the year if they wanted an itchy and sweaty top which pulls after minutes of wear) then it is unlikely that it will do so.

I think the idea is to bring in some wavering or new customers. As shown above the shirts are worth nothing, but might have some 'value' to a new or wavering fan.

Nucky Thompson
What the hell has that got to do with anything???
You were going on like sell outs were the norm at Tynie for years, I was only pointing out that regular sell outs came with Mr Romanov:cool: As for the hobo comment, they are our closest rivals for comparisons:107years:

MackaysCentreSpot
Ok, if you want to be pedantic about it...... how about......

"Free strip to the first X amount of folk who present a match ticket / season ticket voucher - while stocks last"

Where X represents a number of strips which Hearts are willing to give away.

That better? My point remains the same.

Was not being pedantic about anything. Your ideas was not workable and thats all I was pointing out.

Yes thats better and makes sense.

Do you think they have 13,500 face painters and 13,500 free scarves?

Your point JR

boy_in_maroon

the gambit then is a free jersey with your Dundee tickets, ok we all bought s t, and the new jersey when it came out....... would it then be an incentive to offer

early season ticket purchaser's a 50% discount on the new kit?

the mark up on the kit must be at least 200% given the sale prices that they go out at, you only have to go back a few season's when sports soccer sold the jersey 10-15 pound less than the Hearts store

Come on have a (HEART)

;)

Guest JamboRobbo

Your point JR

My point being, they are quite happy to advertise free face painting, and free scarves, without necessarily being able to provide one for everybody..... so I don't see a problem doing the same with excess tops.

I have decided not to purchase any merchandise from the club next season as a sort of mini protest.

I've tried to not buy my ST, but I just cannot do it. Will be leaving it till the last minute though.

I cant see the point in not buying any merchandise from the club shop because Hearts have decided to give away a top if you purchase two tickets for the dundee utd game.

I have read through this thread and you would think that Hearts were the only one that reduced prices or did deals on tops at the end of season,Every club does this,in fact every retail buisness does this,when you see a sale in say for example burtons and you had bought something that was now half price would you not shop in there again in protest?

The Hearts superstore are selling tee shirts at ?2 that were ?15 ,if you had bought one originaly you would be saying thats not fair.These tops do have a value but as the season goes on the value decreases(last seasons top are on sale at ?3)I will finish this rant by saying i just wish more people would back Hearts rather than moan.

The same argument could be applied to mortgage holders. Potential new customers are offered far better mortgage deals than existing customers because banks are trying to attract new business as an add on to their existing client base.

The same applies here with Hearts. And it isnt the first time theyve done it. The magnificent 7 was along the same lines.

Good business IMO.

Hearts should give all ST holder's who renew 20% off a new home kit next season.

Problem solved.

They did something not too dissimilar a couple of seasons back with the voucher pack that came with the ST package did they not?

Ryan Gosling

What a great idea. 'Renew your season ticket and we'll give you last season's strip which you probably already have, for free!'

Doctor FinnBarr
I presume that Hearts have a pile of strips which have no value at all in a couple of weeks, as they ordered too many.

So they either have a choice: give them away to charity or try to bring in a few punters who would be attracted by a game plus strip deal.

Given that there are spare seats in the stadium and a pile of worthless strips, I would suggest that bringing in a few punters through the strip plus game deal is a fairly good idea.

Given that people who have bought the strip earlier in the season have had a years 'utility' from it - even if it is for dusting the house with your No 28 strip - this shouldn't affect them at all? Do they want a strip with No 29 on it now too?

Right, I started this thread but can I state now, I thought the free top came with 2 adult tickets but was pleasantly surprised when it turned up. I will not wear an out of season top, but my 8 year old daughter will, its her first time at Tynie and after looking at some of the posts on here I,m glad I don,t allow her to surf, she would be in tears! I could go on and on but I really don,t think the majority of you merit anything I might say. Feckin Hobos

Right, I started this thread but can I state now, I thought the free top came with 2 adult tickets but was pleasantly surprised when it turned up. I will not wear an out of season top, but my 8 year old daughter will, its her first time at Tynie and after looking at some of the posts on here I,m glad I don,t allow her to surf, she would be in tears! I could go on and on but I really don,t think the majority of you merit anything I might say. Feckin Hobos

Not sure why you quoted my post - I am one who is agreeing with you!

I hope that your 8 year old enjoys her strip - and maybe even the game!:P

Nucky Thompson
How original.
I agree with him!! If you looked at this site for the first time you would think to yourself it was awash with undercover hobos:cool:

:107years::107years::107years::107years::107years:

Personally think it is a load of cr@p. Like getting a digital watch free with every gallon of petrol. What sort of value does it put on us and our club when we give away something like a football strip to every two tickets? Not a lot IMHO. Purely a gag to get rid of a load of stock that we have not managed to sell through good football. Another point has just entered my stupid little blonde headed brain. I was under the impression we have a virtual sell out every week anyway so we are certainly not doing it to attract more supporters are we?

Archived