Diamond in talks with Hearts

scott_jambo

Gigolo-Aunt

It's like you said on this, or another thread on the same topic. So many folk falling over themselves to say how much they hate Diamond, each poster upping the ante to show they hate him more. We haven't had anybody mention they'd rather sleep with an unhygenic, unpretty former skag taking "modern artist" yet, but that cannot be far off.

Some folk don't rate Diamond? Fair play, each to their own and all that, but some of the chat on this forum about him is just a bit silly. He has played nearly two hundred games for Aberdeen yet he is "no better than first division defenders"? Worst defender in the league? Have these posters seen Hamilton play?

If Hearts were paying a fee for him, would be questioning it. As it is, he is out of contract, has bags of SPL experience and for me is worth taking a chance on. Every signing is a risk, some more than others - could turn out to be a shrewd piece of business.

All said and done, its great to see us making plans already for next term - looks like Hearts are well aware of positions that we need more numbers/quality in.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be honest I'd rather have sex with Tracey Emin than see Diamond in a Hearts strip. That's how strongly I feel about it.

:yucky:

She does have massive jubblies though :D

south morocco

If Hearts were paying a fee for him, would be questioning it. As it is, he is out of contract, has bags of SPL experience and for me is worth taking a chance on. Every signing is a risk, some more than others - could turn out to be a shrewd piece of business.

All said and done, its great to see us making plans already for next term - looks like Hearts are well aware of positions that we need more numbers/quality in.

Haven't read the whole thread,are we really in talks with ZD right now or is it speculation ?

Radioactive Mince

It's like you said on this, or another thread on the same topic. So many folk falling over themselves to say how much they hate Diamond, each poster upping the ante to show they hate him more. We haven't had anybody mention they'd rather sleep with an unhygenic, unpretty former skag taking "modern artist" yet, but that cannot be far off.

Some folk don't rate Diamond? Fair play, each to their own and all that, but some of the chat on this forum about him is just a bit silly. He has played nearly two hundred games for Aberdeen yet he is "no better than first division defenders"? Worst defender in the league? Have these posters seen Hamilton play?

The chaz will kill you.

Too many people are falling over themselves to take whatever posters say at everything other than face value, IMO.

Most people on here DON'T have agendas, in case you've been too caught up in the sadness to notice.

:vrface:

Gigolo-Aunt

Haven't read the whole thread,are we really in talks with ZD right now or is it speculation ?

Think so - Brown confirmed that Hearts had informed them that they would be speaking to him.

south morocco

Think so - Brown confirmed that Hearts had informed them that they would be speaking to him.

Thanks,imo(if he joins us)! we have signed worse defenders in the past ,i will judge him on performance,i presume Marius is off then ! cheers

She does have massive jubblies though :D

.....and her lips are certainly capable of playing the old "pink flute" :whistling:

It's a sad day when we replace Zaliukas with Zander Diamond. Thought JJ was known for bringing through youngsters? This season suggests JJ's been on par with our previous manager.

Our previous manager who gave David Templeton heaps of playing time and consistently slaughtered our younger players...

I can see the comparisons right enough.

Nonsense of a post.

The chaz will kill you.

Too many people are falling over themselves to take whatever posters say at everything other than face value, IMO.

Most people on here DON'T have agendas, in case you've been too caught up in the sadness to notice.

:vrface:

I'm fairly certain I never said that people had agendas but hey ho, if that's how it came across.

I'm not sad, I'm happy, but thanks for caring. :)

It's a sad day when we replace Zaliukas with Zander Diamond. Thought JJ was known for bringing through youngsters? This season suggests JJ's been on par with our previous manager.

It's amazing how many topics you can use to have a pop at the Hearts manager.

I am sure that you can point me to this, but any link that shows we are replacing Zaliukas with Diamond would be greatfully appreciated.

As for Jefferies, he is known as being a successful Hearts manager. From the lower part of this league, we have become a team that challenged (albeit to a lesser level) for the league. It's one of these common, modern, misconceptions that youth immediately equals success. I'd far rather that Jefferies fielded what he felt was the best side rather than pandering to the need for there to be a youngster in there. Having said all of that, David Templeton was little more than a promising youngster when Jefferies took over. Ask him if Jefferies plays younger players.

loveofthegame

I hate, repeat hate, Zander Diamond. This would be on a par with signing Neil Lennon IMO. Praying this doesn't happen.

He is also Tom Kite.

Due to the above, "I'm out"

What this man said.

How anyone can seriously have a pop at our manager this season is beyond me? We all know he may have limitations at times (name me a manager who doesn't) but a better Hearts manager in my lifetime I'm yet to see.

As for Zander Diamond - by Christ I hope not!!

It's amazing how many topics you can use to have a pop at the Hearts manager.

I am sure that you can point me to this, but any link that shows we are replacing Zaliukas with Diamond would be greatfully appreciated.

As for Jefferies, he is known as being a successful Hearts manager. From the lower part of this league, we have become a team that challenged (albeit to a lesser level) for the league. It's one of these common, modern, misconceptions that youth immediately equals success. I'd far rather that Jefferies fielded what he felt was the best side rather than pandering to the need for there to be a youngster in there. Having said all of that, David Templeton was little more than a promising youngster when Jefferies took over. Ask him if Jefferies plays younger players.

winston churchill

We should go for Chris Hogg instead. Far better than Zander. :cool_shades:

i'd bring back dave bambi macpherson.

he is still a better player than diamond-barr-bouzid.

What this man said.

How anyone can seriously have a pop at our manager this season is beyond me? We all know he may have limitations at times (name me a manager who doesn't) but a better Hearts manager in my lifetime I'm yet to see.

As for Zander Diamond - by Christ I hope not!!

They say wisdom comes with age. His 'limitaions' are frustrating to say the least.

How can you not have a pop if he's wanting to sign Zander Diamond? Is it a member of the ticket office staff that's trying to sign him? :mellow:

Leave Vlad to the signing of players! (never thought I'd say that)

Tommy Wiseau

We should go for Chris Hogg instead. Far better than Zander. :cool_shades:

I know you're being facetious and I would never want Chris Hogg in our side, but he actually IS better than Diamond. :omg!:

davemclaren

I know you're being facetious and I would never want Chris Hogg in our side, but he actually IS better than Diamond. :omg!:

:facepalm:

jambogirlglasgow

Zander Diamond made a fantastic contribution to Hearts when he needlessly handled in the box and gave away the penalty that allowed Paul Hartley's pen to take us into the Champions League. I just hope any further efforts on his behalf are not in maroon.

Tommy Wiseau

:facepalm:

Zander Diamond is utter gash, David, let's face facts. It's a sign of how little I rate him that I say the monumentally dreadful Chris Hogg is better than him.

Zander Diamond made a fantastic contribution to Hearts when he needlessly handled in the box and gave away the penalty that allowed Paul Hartley's pen to take us into the Champions League. I just hope any further efforts on his behalf are not in maroon.

Was that not Russell Anderson?

jambogirlglasgow

Sure it was :Agree:

I thought it was Zander but i think you might be right. Oh well, the only reason I found him even slightly bearable has just disappeared.....

Charlie-Brown

jeezo is this how low debate has sunk - who's better zander diamond or chris hogg - opposite ends of the same sheite if you ask me.

jambo_til_i_die

Zander was woeful against St. Mirren, dreadful defending when they lost the goal, never closed down the attacker who picked the ball up from the header and then sleep walked back into the box and was wayyyy out of position when the ball came back across. Basic stuff, got it all wrong. Pash!

Harry Palmer

Looking forward to Zander in a maroon shirt next season... :thumbsup:

PS: The fact Winnie is against it had no influence on my opinion.

davemclaren

Zander was woeful against St. Mirren, dreadful defending when they lost the goal, never closed down the attacker who picked the ball up from the header and then sleep walked back into the box and was wayyyy out of position when the ball came back across. Basic stuff, got it all wrong. Pash!

Did you see the first goal we lost against Killie? :whistling:

jambo_til_i_die

Did you see the first goal we lost against Killie? :whistling:

Indeed I did and agree we maybe dont have better, but I'm watching this guy a bit more closely now with all the rumours. I don't dislike him, just thought he was at fault with the goal.

Archived