Diamond in talks with Hearts

scott_jambo

Dundee Utd have Conway, Buaben and Gomis out of contract. Any of these 3 would add something to our team.

Dundee Utd said yesterday that Conway and Buaben had received offers from 2 clubs way in excess of what United could offer them and they had resigned themselves to losing them in the Summer

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm trying to trust JJ's judgement as always. But it's hard this time. Very hard. :down:

**** Diamond & **** his Celtic/Aberdeen association.

**** having him anywhere near our precious club.

Harry Palmer

So much RAGE on this thread it's unbelievable!

Mind you a centre back pairing of no.15 and Diamond =

Total-Recall-1990.jpg

Thig Ar Latha

The 'headbutt' was Lee Miller, unless I've forgotten one of Zal's many... MANY reds. :D

Sorry, I think your right on that one. Well noticed.

Tommy Wiseau

Think there are uber amounts of overreactions in this thread.

Why so? What's your opinion on Hearts signing the worst centre back in the league, a cheat, an arsehole and an ugly wretch all at one sitting?

Harry Palmer

Why so? What's your opinion on Hearts signing the worst centre back in the league, a cheat, an arsehole and an ugly wretch all at one sitting?

He'll no doubt come on and say...see Arnie's post above... :thumbsup:

Sellick-minded like Fulton/Hartely etc etc etc etc.

Jambof3tornado

Football fans are a fickle bunch. If Anne Diamond signs and does well nobody will give 2 hoots where he came from or who he supports or what he's done in the past.

Football fans are a fickle bunch. If Anne Diamond signs and does well nobody will give 2 hoots where he came from or who he supports or what he's done in the past.

I think that the point is that very few think that he is capable of doing well. I certainly don't.

I think that the point is that very few think that he is capable of doing well. I certainly don't.

Yup think thats the issue here.

With Webster almost all would have agreed he was a decent player and the sentiments were largely based on his antics towards this club previously, mine certainly were.

With Diamond its a dual pronged thing i.e not only is he disliked for his antics and unsporting behaviour many (and I include myself) dont think much of him as a player.

As usual if it happens then I will hope that he is a better player than I give him credit for and an improvement to HMFC as at the end of the day that is what matters. I do however have doubts that he is anywhere near good enough.

Goldstone Wonder

I can't be bothered reading this whole thread, but is there any substance to this rumous or is it just ITK pish?

It's all pish... Nobody really knows what's goin on with regard players on or out!

But Pauline is coming home... That's definite!

Gigolo-Aunt

Daimond aside.....

It does show Hearts are organised and are preparing for next year - too many times in recent years we seem be going in to this part of the season with no real plans for next term.

As for plug...

Don't think he is as bad as some make out on this thread - also, I suspect some roll with the pack, rather than give their own opinion.

This was exactly what went through my head.

If Diamond signed I would support him as a Hearts player but can't help feeling McGowan would be a better long term option??

mcGowan is ear marked for centre mid. That's where he is playing at the moment on loan at Partick Thistle.

Tommy Wiseau

Daimond aside.....

It does show Hearts are organised and are preparing for next year - too many times in recent years we seem be going in to this part of the season with no real plans for next term.

As for plug...

Don't think he is as bad as some make out on this thread - also, I suspect some roll with the pack, rather than give their own opinion.

Was speaking to my Dandy Don mate last night - he was decking himself at the thought of us signing Diamond. Confirmed he's disastrously bad. Plus he has previous of being a complete Axel Foley when it comes to the glorious maroons. I can't understand this one for the life of me.

Veto please Mr Romanov. :down:

Gigolo-Aunt

Was speaking to my Dandy Don mate last night - he was decking himself at the thought of us signing Diamond. Confirmed he's disastrously bad. Plus he has previous of being a complete Axel Foley when it comes to the glorious maroons. I can't understand this one for the life of me.

Veto please Mr Romanov. :down:

Charles, I'm waiting for the day when Vlad takes control of first team affairs again - he has an eye for a player - couple that with being the best, and i think we all start to understand the person behind the multi million pound companies.

I heard a rumour that Vlad was going to hold a press conference this afternoon where he intends to announce he is very much getting back on the Hearts saddle - its just a rumour though, don't want to get everyone's hopes up.

sad.gif

Tommy Wiseau

Charles, I'm waiting for the day when Vlad takes control of first team affairs again - he has an eye for a player - couple that with being the best, and i think we all start to understand the person behind the multi million pound companies.

I heard a rumour that Vlad was going to hold a press conference this afternoon where he intends to announce he is very much getting back on the Hearts saddle - its just a rumour though, don't want to get everyone's hopes up.

sad.gif

Child+Praying.jpg

One time, please.

Would be moist if Mr Romanov tore up the rule book again and decided to swap tales of Medhi Taouil and Zanderboke Diamond with classy Mr Romanov picks of the calibre of Aguiar, Karipidis, Jankauskas, Pinilla and Ivaskevicius. :thumbsup:

Gigolo-Aunt

Child+Praying.jpg

One time, please.

Would be moist if Mr Romanov tore up the rule book again and decided to swap tales of Medhi Taouil and Zanderboke Diamond with classy Mr Romanov picks of the calibre of Aguiar, Karipidis, Jankauskas, Pinilla and Ivaskevicius. :thumbsup:

smile.gif

Lets hope so, Charles - I love that crazy mofo.

I understand he has his finger in a few pies - but I want him all to myself.

sad.gif

Zander Diamond is a complete fool and a poor defender also, it's no wonder Aberdeen's results have improved since he's been out their team, Romanov....do the right thing, tell JJ that it's a no-no, please! He might've signed one or two decent defenders in the past but he's better at finding midfielders and attackers than defenders, remember, this is the manager that signed Dave Winnie from Aberdeen in the past and wasted a barrel-load of cash on Gordan Petric to name just two.

Bring back Karipidis!

Tommy Wiseau

smile.gif

Lets hope so, Charles - I love that crazy mofo.

I understand he has his finger in a few pies - but I want him all to myself.

sad.gif

He lives to give, GA - that's why what you want can never come to pass. :(

His generous spirit and altruistic philanthropy is why we love him though.

Well, that and the Sun Sport monkeys.

davemclaren

Daimond aside.....

As for plug...

Good post. I think Diamond looked promising when younger but seems to have lost his way. Perhaps JJ sees something in him he can develop?

Chad Sexington

He's shit.

Signed.

Loan Wolf McQuaid.

wolf-photo.jpg

Tommy Wiseau

He's shit.

Signed.

Loan Wolf McQuaid.

wolf-photo.jpg

Thinly veiled "I'm rolling with the Wolfpac these days" post imo. :down:

We'd be the laughing stock of Scotland if we signed this poor excuse of a defender! I don't rate Kucharski that much but i'd rather play him than the biggest donkey in Scotland!

Chad Sexington

Thinly veiled "I'm rolling with the Wolfpac these days" post imo. :down:

I'm starting my own gang.

460-gary-glitter_792608c.jpg

winston churchill

We'd be the laughing stock of Scotland if we signed this poor excuse of a defender! I don't rate Kucharski that much but i'd rather play him than the biggest donkey in Scotland!

watching the stmidden v sir paul hartley game.

his first touch in the match was running into the back of a stmidden player.

i never thought i'd see anybody as bad as bouzid in a hearts top.if JJ/vlad signs plug :24_shocked:

watching the stmidden v sir paul hartley game.

his first touch in the match was running into the back of a stmidden player.

i never thought i'd see anybody as bad as bouzid in a hearts top.if JJ/vlad signs plug :24_shocked:

looks like mr diamond (next years captain ) has a head nock, still hes controlling the dons defence well, mr reliable next year me hopes, superb signing if it comes off well done jim and vlad.

Daimond aside.....

As for plug...

count me oot of that tiger. i really do think he's one of the worst defenders i've seen that's lasted in this league.

shit!!! jefferies is at the game.

:vrface:

looks like mr diamond (next years captain ) has a head nock, still hes controlling the dons defence well, mr reliable next year me hopes, superb signing if it comes off well done jim and vlad.

<_<

As much as signing diamond won't excite any euphoria within me, I think he (with good players around him) would hold his own against most spl forwards.

He has been poor over the last few years, but so has the entire Aberdeen team. JJ must be seeing something in ZD, to be considering a move.

JJ may have signed Winnie, James and Petric; but he also signed Weir, Bruno and brought the best out of Ritchie (who was IMO not great)

Anyway, JJ may have learned from previous failures in the transfer Market, and not as impulsive as years gone by.

JJ will realise that every signing will be monitored by Vlad, as apposed to Robinson, who was less hands on with signings.

I'm aware that some posters, may be allowing their personal dislike of Diamond, to influence their judgement on his ability. A player who, only a few years back, was tipped for the top.

I'm not bothered either way tbh, and JJ will make his decision based on over 20 years in football management.

Tommy Wiseau

I'm starting my own gang.

460-gary-glitter_792608c.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

In wanna be in your gang. If only to see what the Lawssier says about it.

Zander Diamond is a complete fool and a poor defender also, it's no wonder Aberdeen's results have improved since he's been out their team, Romanov....do the right thing, tell JJ that it's a no-no, please! He might've signed one or two decent defenders in the past but he's better at finding midfielders and attackers than defenders, remember, this is the manager that signed Dave Winnie from Aberdeen in the past and wasted a barrel-load of cash on Gordan Petric to name just two.

Bring back Karipidis!

He also signed Davie Weir, Pressley and brought through Naysmith and Ritchie - so to be fair, he's done ok at picking defenders.

He also signed Davie Weir, Pressley and brought through Naysmith and Ritchie - so to be fair, he's done ok at picking defenders.

Gordan%20Petric.jpg

Lochend Brazil

He is a waste of flesh and he is best placed at darkheid. A horrible creature who has a love for a troublesome dying entity.

Ps plus an ugly pwick

There's no room at Tynecastle for disgusting people (Use the word 'people' very loosely) like that fecking rodent at Tynecastle.

He's no better than a first division centre half aswell.

There's no room at Tynecastle for disgusting people (Use the word 'people' very loosely) like that fecking rodent at Tynecastle.

He's no better than a first division centre half aswell.

...despite never playing first division football in his career.

To be honest I'd rather have sex with Tracey Emin than see Diamond in a Hearts strip. That's how strongly I feel about it.

:yucky:

thumbsup.gif

It's like you said on this, or another thread on the same topic. So many folk falling over themselves to say how much they hate Diamond, each poster upping the ante to show they hate him more. We haven't had anybody mention they'd rather sleep with an unhygenic, unpretty former skag taking "modern artist" yet, but that cannot be far off.

Some folk don't rate Diamond? Fair play, each to their own and all that, but some of the chat on this forum about him is just a bit silly. He has played nearly two hundred games for Aberdeen yet he is "no better than first division defenders"? Worst defender in the league? Have these posters seen Hamilton play?

davemclaren

It's like you said on this, or another thread on the same topic. So many folk falling over themselves to say how much they hate Diamond, each poster upping the ante to show they hate him more. We haven't had anybody mention they'd rather sleep with an unhygenic, unpretty former skag taking "modern artist" yet, but that cannot be far off.

Some folk don't rate Diamond? Fair play, each to their own and all that, but some of the chat on this forum about him is just a bit silly. He has played nearly two hundred games for Aberdeen yet he is "no better than first division defenders"? Worst defender in the league? Have these posters seen Hamilton play?

Correct, we had similar threads on Kyle last season iirc.

Anyway, that Emin lady told me I was the only one she'd slept with. :blink:

Archived