Diamond in talks with Hearts

scott_jambo

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard from a fairly unreliable source today that Diamond and his agent were with JJ at Riccarton today.

Just passin' it on, y'all.

I heard from a fairly unreliable source today that Diamond and his agent were with JJ at Riccarton today.

Just passin' it on, y'all.

This.

Albeit it was the same source.

Just posting what I heard today.

Unreliable= In 'the pub?' I'm kidding but I'm staying clear of this thread. I've heard we've been signing all kinds of duds. I then get a bit worked up and think JJ's off his head only to figure out its all pish!

Staying well away! :D

Bert Le Clos

No to Diamond

Yes to Weir

I say no to both.

There must be better available.

jack D and coke

Please god no. Not many players I dislike more than this fud.

Why do we need another centre half can somebody tell me???

Bouzid is out of contract and will be away in the summer, Zal might be off if you believe what you read on here, Barr hasn't looked convincing at all and seems to be well out of JJ's plans at ;least just now. That only really leaves us Webster and he's injured and has doubts over his fitness. We definately need 1 if not 2 centre halfs but having said that I agree with the people who say: A) Diamond is pish and B.) He's a total fud. Look elsewhere!

Frankenstein Jambo.

Diamond will be a better signing than a 40 year old David Weir and an improvement on bouzid.

All for this one.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Webster and Diamond next season eh. Surely that'll be one of the least popular centre half pairings we've ever had. :yucky:

rossthejambo

Meh, he's be decent cover I suppose,

Not overly thrilled with the prospect of him being a first choice centre half though and the thought of seeing his ugly mug in a Hearts top isn't a pleasant one :yucky:

Valentine Jambo

Exactly. The guy's a stoater!

A ringer for the tow truck 'Mater' in the Disney film 'Cars'

Frankenstein Jambo.

diamond is a ROASTER of a person and a ROASTER of a player.

we really don't want this likes.

just like webster aii?

Can someone please find and post the pic of Plug and Langfield standing over Miko?? Sickening individual and I will be sick if he signs for us. A complete mutant and a celtic minded individual to boot.

Can someone please find and post the pic of Plug and Langfield standing over Miko?? Sickening individual and I will be sick if he signs for us. A complete mutant and a celtic minded individual to boot.

So he supports Celtic. Quite a few of our players in the past could have that charge levelled at them too.

If he signs, then obviously I hope he does well for us.

Should we sign him? Not so sure. Aberdeen fans seem to think he is gash and to be fair they've had plenty of experience watching poor players over the last few seasons.

But, if Jim Jefferies thinks he would be a good addition to the squad then so be it. That's what he's paid for!

Dr. Bapswent

Wants there a fecking enormous thread on this exact same topic .....

Saying much the same stuff, over and over and over......

Can we not merge to reduce blood pressure, stress and feet stomping dilemmas?

just like webster aii?

nothing like webster actually. webster at least was always rated very highly as a player. regardless of whether or not people wanted him back, once he came back, people simply have to move on. it's what grown ups do although i wouldn't expect you to grasp that.

now.. away back to banging your head against the wall to make you feel proper drunk.

Clerry Jambo

I have always advocated that we should be swooping for the better players of our SPL rivals, my god the smellies have done it for years.

Whether Diamond is one of their better players is up for debate.

I also hope that JJ is widening his scouting area and not just to the SPL, obviously with our debt pre-contracts is a way to go but I'm sure there are lots of players in other countries that we can attract with our budget

Wants there a fecking enormous thread on this exact same topic .....

Saying much the same stuff, over and over and over......

Can we not merge to reduce blood pressure, stress and feet stomping dilemmas?

No, as that would create one massive coronary inducing "thread of seethe" that would be disasterous to the well being of some posters on this board.

That said, it may well improve the standard of posting simply by natural selection...

;)

Stupid Sexy Flanders

nothing like webster actually. webster at least was always rated very highly as a player. regardless of whether or not people wanted him back, once he came back, people simply have to move on. it's what grown ups do although i wouldn't expect you to grasp that.

now.. away back to banging your head against the wall to make you feel proper drunk.

So if we sign Diamond, no-one will complain and everyone will simply "move on" and get behind him? Can't wait to see that.

So if we sign Diamond, no-one will complain and everyone will simply "move on" and get behind him? Can't wait to see that.

some will and some wont. even a suspected poor player like him should really be given a fair chance and supported once he signs.

until he signs it's open to debate whether he's going to be decent or going to be awful. i say awful. at least webster was more than likely to be a more than useful addition in a purely football sense.

penicuik jambo

If JJ wants him and we get him then its fine by me. He was once highly rated, seemed to have lost his way in a stinking aberdeen side over the last few years. Hopefully JJ can bring the best out him if we get him. If we dont he's still a goofy caravan dwelling sheepy sellick ******

Stupid Sexy Flanders

some will and some wont. even a suspected poor player like him should really be given a fair chance and supported once he signs.

until he signs it's open to debate whether he's going to be decent or going to be awful. i say awful. at least webster was more than likely to be a more than useful addition in a purely football sense.

I agree, and fingers crossed.

Hand on heart, I can honestly say that Diamond's allegiance has no bearing on my judgement of the player whatsoever. Hartley was well known as a Celtic fan and he proved to be one of our best players in the last 10 years.

Diamond is absolutely woeful and we can forget progressing next year if that's the kind of player on the radar.

rossthejambo

The relevance of this towards his ability to play football is what exactly?

Walter Bishop

Would hate to have a "celtic minded individual" in our side, These 2 LEGENDS would be raging. :thumbsup:

_41513404_hartley300.jpg

fultonsteve2.jpg

Please god no. Not many players I dislike more than this fud.

Because Webster is injury prone and Bouzid is at best average and most of the time a total waste of space. IF you think back to earlier in the season we had Eggert and Wallace playing cebtre half so we are not well covered there.

I am not suggesting that Diamond is a player I want to see at Tynecastle just giving my take on what JJ is thinking.

rossthejambo

Because Webster is injury prone and Bouzid is at best average and most of the time a total waste of space. IF you think back to earlier in the season we had Eggert and Wallace playing cebtre half so we are not well covered there.

I am not suggesting that Diamond is a player I want to see at Tynecastle just giving my take on what JJ is thinking.

Bouzid will be gone at the end of the season as well.

Dr. Bapswent

Can someone who is decrying Diamond name another player (in the SPL if possible) who is available for next to nothing who is as good and would potentially come to the club?

kingantti1874

Not happy about this one at all... One of the players I detest most in the spl after the miko incident... Don't care about his football allegiances really but that picture with the cake - horrid

Can someone who is decrying Diamond name another player (in the SPL if possible) who is available for next to nothing who is as good and would potentially come to the club?

:lol: a real sidewinder from old snakeswent.

your point has no logic. to sign the 'best poor quality available player' now instead of attempting to source a better one later is barmy.

Dr. Bapswent

:lol: a real sidewinder from old snakeswent.

your point has no logic. to sign the 'best poor quality available player' now instead of attempting to source a better one later is barmy.

You seem to have put a whole post of words in my mouth that I didn't say, well done you for speaking on my behalf from your own point of view.

You seem to have put a whole post of words in my mouth that I didn't say, well done you for speaking on my behalf from your own point of view.

well i did naturally assume that there was an underlying point to your comment. perhaps wrongly.

Guest Dipped Flake

If he signs for Hearts he will get my full support as he will be a Hearts player, simple really. Still don't want him and don't think he is good enough for us but if JJ thinks he is that's fine by me

Serj Tankian

Petric , James and Diamond for an ex defender JJ has an eye for spotting them . Let Vlad choose goalie and defence JJ can do midfield and forwards .

Why?And why in the SPL if possible?

Dr. Bapswent

Why?And why in the SPL if possible?

1 - what are the other viable and current options to help make a comparison.

2 - If its within the SPL its easier to compare, more likely to be known and more realistically possible.

Petric , James and Diamond for an ex defender JJ has an eye for spotting them . Let Vlad choose goalie and defence JJ can do midfield and forwards .

Rousset, Niemi, Weir and Pressley were all JJ signings. They weren't bad.

Diamond will be a better signing than a 40 year old David Weir and an improvement on bouzid.

All for this one.

The highlighted is just brimming over with wrongability.

What does McGowan need to do to get a chance?

I'd prefer him to be handed his chance rather than bring in Diamond.

1 - what are the other viable and current options to help make a comparison.

2 - If its within the SPL its easier to compare, more likely to be known and more realistically possible.

1 - And why would I, or the vast majority know what is viable? If I was paid to Manage a football team, or scout football players I could give you an adequate answer. And you're argument is that this precludes me from criticising Zander Diamond, and his potential signing?

2- Realistically we have had players who have pitched up from all over the globe. Indeed, our current reserve centre back Ismael Bouzid being a case in point. Despite his limitations I find him infinitely preferable to Diamond.

What I do know, is that he is significantly worse than the vast majority of centre backs we've had in recent history.

Tyrion Lannister

Zander Diamond is complete keech.

He's horrifically slow, terrible with the ball and struggles against physically big players.

At the very most he could be cover for Webster and Zaliukas. :down:

Radioactive Mince

just like webster aii?

Seriously wish you'd go make a pizza & burn your fingertips to a crisp, TBH.

:stare:

So, this rumour has legs then. A player with little talent, zero class, Celtic birthday cakes and little re-sale value?

WTF are you thinking, Jimmeries? :verymad::sad:

EDIT: Notice 'worst poster nominee' Dr Death has appeared on a downbeat thread to take the opposite stance from the majority. I'm truly shocked, really I am.

Seriously wish you'd go make a pizza & burn your fingertips to a crisp, TBH.

:stare:

So, this rumour has legs then. A player with little talent, zero class, Celtic birthday cakes and little re-sale value?

WTF are you thinking, Jimmeries? :verymad::sad:

EDIT: Notice 'worst poster nominee' Dr Death has appeared on a downbeat thread to take the opposite stance from the majority. I'm truly shocked, really I am.

Jimmy I'm feeling that you have a lot of anger lately.

Bring back Radioactive Mince imo :P

Archived