Diamond in talks with Hearts

scott_jambo

scott_jambo

Seriously wish you'd go make a pizza & burn your fingertips to a crisp, TBH.

:stare:

So, this rumour has legs then. A player with little talent, zero class, Celtic birthday cakes and little re-sale value?

WTF are you thinking, Jimmeries? :verymad::sad:

EDIT: Notice 'worst poster nominee' Dr Death has appeared on a downbeat thread to take the opposite stance from the majority. I'm truly shocked, really I am.

And he also has a go at me for a 'look at me' thread. How ironic. cool.gif

That boy is gagging on being a mod, its quite amusing. sweat.gif

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think he's utterly guff and if I was managing Hearts I'd go nowhere near him. but I'm no, so if JJ decides he wants him, then that's up to him. To put a vaguely positive slant on it, he seems to be good at the talent free part of football like throwing his head in the way of boots, so maybe being beside a player of undoubted class in Webster is what he needs.

I'd rather have Anne though.

Hilary Briss

What does McGowan need to do to get a chance?

I'd prefer him to be handed his chance rather than bring in Diamond.

Coudnt agree more.

Diamaond is awful. He would up there with the Petric signing.......maybe even Bryan Hamilton !!

Radioactive Mince

Jimmy I'm feeling that you have a lot of anger lately.

Bring back Radioactive Mince imo :P

:laugh:

Not at all. Just finished work for the week and am fairly happy, TBH.

Doesn't mean I won't express my disgust at a potential signing who, I feel, is a fairly poor player and a total count to boot. Guess I'm also just tired of some posters' blatant attention seeking.

These are my opinions on the matters in hand. I don't really think this is the thread to be expressing my happiness and contentment with life at present.

So go bum yourself :wink:

"Celtic-minded? I've heard this but in an interview i heard from him a couple of years back, he was an Aberdeen fan through and through. No matter anyway, he's a huddy and i don't want the arrogant knob anywhere near a Hearts top, sodov down south Diamond, i'm sure there's a League One club looking for an average at best player as back-up for their subs bench!

Radioactive Mince

"Celtic-minded? I've heard this but in an interview i heard from him a couple of years back, he was an Aberdeen fan through and through. No matter anyway, he's a huddy and i don't want the arrogant knob anywhere near a Hearts top, sodov down south Diamond, i'm sure there's a League One club looking for an average at best player as back-up for their subs bench!

Mate, he was pictured with a Celtic birthday cake IIRC and was embroiled in negative press with regards to bigoted Facebook posts.

I've nothing against Celtic fans signing for us, BTW, but a player getting a cake with a rival club's crest on it is just so wrong. Different even if it was kept private. Gary Locke might've had a HMFC cake while playing for Killie, for example, but if he did then he's obviously cared enough about his professional integrity to keep it quiet. His FB posts during the Pope's visit have also shown him up as a casual bigot and a dimwit (as if we doubted the latter anyway).

EDIT: I was of course replying to your first two sentences. The rest of your post is bang on.

1 - what are the other viable and current options to help make a comparison.

2 - If its within the SPL its easier to compare, more likely to be known and more realistically possible.

I watch the Championship and some League One games and i can tell you , there's some pretty decent players that could come in and do a job, better players than Diamond! At the moment we have Zal and Bouzid, we've had our share of defenders that make very basic mistakes, Diamond costs Aberdeen goals regularly, it's not surprising that they've started conceiding less since he's been out their team.

rossthejambo

A boy in my work who is a big Aberdeen fan (has gone to virtually every game for years and years) reckons Diamond is getting back to being the player he once was now that McGhee has gone.

He also said that he heard a while back (knows a few players) that Diamond, Taoiull (or however you spell it!), Conway and Prince Buaben are all on their way to Hearts, with this particular spree being funded by the sale of Zal.

Taouille looks like it might happen, there's contact between Hearts and Diamond so maybe the other two will happen too.

Could be an interesting summer.

How would it be funded by Zal's sale when they'd all be free transfers?

jamboinglasgow

A boy in my work who is a big Aberdeen fan (has gone to virtually every game for years and years) reckons Diamond is getting back to being the player he once was now that McGhee has gone.

He also said that he heard a while back (knows a few players) that Diamond, Taoiull (or however you spell it!), Conway and Prince Buaben are all on their way to Hearts, with this particular spree being funded by the sale of Zal.

Taouille looks like it might happen, there's contact between Hearts and Diamond so maybe the other two will happen too.

Now that would be a cracking in window. Imagine one of our wingers would go if we were to get Conway. Buaben would be a cracker. Still only 22 and a classy midfielder.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Would his wages cover all of theirs? I'd imagine it refers to wages anyway.

In the last year or two, i've posted here saying that the players we should be realistically looking at are the likes of Taouil, Kyle, not Bauben but Gomis at Utd and Conway, amongst others. The problem with Conway now is that we have quite a few wide players in the squad, something that we've never really had in almost 30 years of me following the Jambos. If we had accepted the offer we were given for Driver then Conway would be the perfect replacement. Maybe we should still get him, if Templeton goes down south and Driver's injuries carry on then we could do with him in the team.

The other thing is although Zal can be a bombscare at times... is Diamond anywhere near good enough? I don't think so, no point in signing the players you mention if we're goin to be leaking goals all over the place with the likes of Diamond in the team.

rossthejambo

You need to pay players a signing on fee even when no transfer fee is involved.

I thought of that but surely they're not going to be getting that big a signing on fee we'd need to sell our captain.

Not doubting your info btw, just thinking aloud.

Would his wages cover all of theirs? I'd imagine it refers to wages anyway.

Possibly, I wouldn't have thought Zal would be on megabucks but I could be wrong.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

I thought of that but surely they're not going to be getting that big a signing on fee we'd need to sell our captain.

Not doubting your info btw, just thinking aloud.

Possibly, I wouldn't have thought Zal would be on megabucks but I could be wrong.

Mind he signed a new contract this season, it may be that it's "Craig Gordon-esque" with a view to selling him for a profit like CG.

Mr Brightside

The cash from the sale of Zal could cover their wages.

4 players on ?4k per week over 2 years is just over ?1.6M.

Tommy Wiseau

I labelled Zander Diamond the worst centre back in the SPL earlier this season and not a single person disagreed with me. Fact.

The boy's shite, he's ugly and he's a bellchief of the first order. Get him TF. :down:

So he supports Celtic. Quite a few of our players in the past could have that charge levelled at them too.

If he signs, then obviously I hope he does well for us.

Should we sign him? Not so sure. Aberdeen fans seem to think he is gash and to be fair they've had plenty of experience watching poor players over the last few seasons.

But, if Jim Jefferies thinks he would be a good addition to the squad then so be it. That's what he's paid for!

The fact he is Celtic minded, Does not matter, The Fact he is lower than whale poo does. Horrible excuse for a human being. I Would not like to see him in a Hearts shirt.

I labelled Zander Diamond the worst centre back in the SPL earlier this season and not a single person disagreed with me. Fact.

The boy's shite, he's ugly and he's a bellchief of the first order. Get him TF. :down:

I can't believe that JJ thinks that he is the man to improve our team. :yucky:

Thig Ar Latha

So he supports Celtic. Quite a few of our players in the past could have that charge levelled at them too.

If he signs, then obviously I hope he does well for us.

Should we sign him? Not so sure. Aberdeen fans seem to think he is gash and to be fair they've had plenty of experience watching poor players over the last few seasons.

But, if Jim Jefferies thinks he would be a good addition to the squad then so be it. That's what he's paid for!

An Aberdeen fan said to me last week 'Please, Please let it be true'

I was equally hoping that he continues his career at Pitoddrie.

Tommy Wiseau

I can't believe that JJ thinks that he is the man to improve our team. :yucky:

I forgot to add he's a cheating little rat as well. Sickening. :down:

His actions to get Miko booked for diving at Pittodrie were especially disgusting.

I might not care much for Webster, but at least he's fecking GOOD.

Thig Ar Latha

His actions to get Miko booked for diving at Pittodrie were especially disgusting.

Don't forget him getting Big Zal sent off as well.

rossthejambo

A stonking point well made, and something that I shamefully forgot.

I take back what I said earlier, I don't want him near Tynecastle unless he's cleaning the toilets. :angry:

Bert Le Clos

The only reason any Hearts fan shouldn't want Diamond, or realistically any player barring a few individuals, to sign for us is if they are pish.

Thankfully in this respect, Diamond gives us plenty reason not to want him.

I despair if JJ is genuinely interested in him. Playing in Europe and challenging the OF by signing players like Zander fecking Diamond?! I don't think so.

Tommy Wiseau

Don't forget him getting Big Zal sent off as well.

The 'headbutt' was Lee Miller, unless I've forgotten one of Zal's many... MANY reds. :D

Tommy Wiseau

A stonking point well made, and something that I shamefully forgot.

I take back what I said earlier, I don't want him near Tynecastle unless he's cleaning the toilets. :angry:

No chance.

Some decent Hearts man would have to take a Douglas Hurd in them after he'd been in. :verymad:

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Hopefully Mr Romanov sacks JJ if he tries to go through with this.

:seething:

I know I'm going over-board with posting vids; since I figured out how to post them but.....

This made me chortle a little bit :lol:

It is not a good sign with regard to the scouting setup etc if he is what the management are looking at.

Presumably the expectation is that Bouzid and Zaliukas both go, though for me the only one likely to go will be Bouzid (and Kucharski of course). I would rather see any of Barr, Mroweic, Jonsson or Wallace play centre half rather than Diamond - and there must be legion other centre halves out there better than Diamond.

For all that the manager should have autonomy on the squad :whistling: on this one I firmly hope VR says :down:

thumbsdown.jpg

gorgie_rebel

This was exactly what went through my head.

If Diamond signed I would support him as a Hearts player but can't help feeling McGowan would be a better long term option??

For all that the guy is a total dick, he is still young for a CB (at 25), has lots of SPL experience and would probably improve at least slightly after signing for us.

Our current signing policy is clear. We get people who's contracts are running out. Barr has struggled, Bouzid seems keen to do one, and Pittenweem was a non starter. We have got Webster in (and most people seem to have stopped vomiting about that one, maybe even missed him against Killie)who may or may not be injury prone. Therefore we seem likely to be about to lose to centre halves and be left with one who is struggling to make the grade and one who may struggle for fitness. Surely getting in an experienced CB who can still improve for zero cash up front is not the worst thing in the world? I guess it depends on what we would be paying him. Are there other SPL centre backs out of contract in the summer?

Horrible person.

Horrible player.

I'd rather we allowed our youngsters to develop or even allow Barr to adapt to our team.

Absolutely delighted that for the first time in seasons (if not ever) we are looking to next season at the correct time. It may even give us an opportunity to create an upset in Europe. JJ and team are preparing and whilst undoubtably there will still be activity in July/August it will be good to have the spine of the squad sorted by the end of this season.

Several are going, my guess is that Zaliukas and Wallace will both be gone for fees and in all lielihood Palazuelos, Bouzid, Obua and possibly one of the wide men out of the regular first teamers. Whether JJ can bin others who he would in my opinion choose to such as Elliot, Glen and possibly Stevenson and Barr I don't know as nobody anywhere would pay them what they get from us.

Whether the likes of Diamond, Taouil and Weir (as 3 we are rumoured to be interested in) are going to improve us as a couple of our current better players leaves is probably doubtful. These signings added to our current squad when fit would add depth but I'm not sure as replacements. However it is great that we are back looking at pre contracts on the better players from the SPL. We should look to D.Utd for a couple too as they are clearly going to have a big clear out. Still think we should be in for Rooney as priority.

heartsfc_fan

We should look to D.Utd for a couple too as they are clearly going to have a big clear out.

Dundee Utd have Conway, Buaben and Gomis out of contract. Any of these 3 would add something to our team.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Dundee Utd have Conway, Buaben and Gomis out of contract. Any of these 3 would add something to our team.

A poster on another thread reckons we are close to signing the first two, along with ZD and Taouil.

We should look to D.Utd for a couple too as they are clearly going to have a big clear out. Still think we should be in for Rooney as priority.

I love the image of Dundee United having a jumble sale with all their out of contract players sitting out in their front garden in amongst some old golf gear and a bunch of VHS tapes. We all know that Jim loves a bargain.

heartsfc_fan

A poster on another thread reckons we are close to signing the first two, along with ZD and Taouil.

:what:

:D

Which thread?

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Which thread?

Can't remember, I read it earlier today. It may be in the Gullit lounge.

If we did sign him, you can only imagine how dispicable he would be against Hibs, judging by his behaviour when playing us in the past...that could warm fans to him I suppose....

Clutching at straws here a bit!

jambo_til_i_die

:thumbsup: I'd give Ryan a chance too. But in taking Diamond? Ach, In JJ I trust.

kennyblack'sshot

Romanov is certainly taking his new cuddly forgive and forget persona seriously! We appear to be signing everyone who has caused us (and him) grief in the past - Skacel, Webster, Barr (the Velicka incident), now Diamond. So long as the team as a whole moves forward I'm happy.

Of course it could just be that JJ is exploring all his options as a good manager should. Nice to see us preparing for next season already anyhow.

Romanov is certainly taking his new cuddly forgive and forget persona seriously! We appear to be signing everyone who has caused us (and him) grief in the past - Skacel, Webster, Barr (the Velicka incident), now Diamond. So long as the team as a whole moves forward I'm happy.

Of course it could just be that JJ is exploring all his options as a good manager should. Nice to see us preparing for next season already anyhow.

I reckon this is probably what it is all about. Anyone who is a regular in the other SPL sides is worth considering however briefly if they are free and under 30 years old. We have a good coaching staff and training facility. We should be able to improve players.

plastic_bas

Does anyone remember in Diamond's debut season he was dropped by Calderwood for the month of January to ward off interest from La Liga sides? Amazing when you think about it now.

A player who has completely failed to live up to his potential and is a total erse. No thanks JJ

I'd take him, he had/has potential and I think putting him in beside either Zal or Webster will help him get back to the player everybody thought he might be.

It's a no lose situation especially if he's free, we don't know what's going on behind the scenes with players planning to leave/get punted so getting SPL experienced players in is all good IMO.

I'm just gobsmacked this is all happening now and not a few days before the end of the transfer window and after all the pre-season training.

We're almost being run like a professional footy team :ninja:

Pete Seeger

JJ needs to give himself a shake. Signing Webster was bad enough but at least he had/has ability. Diamond's just a thick, bigoted wan*** that happens to be very very limited as a footballer. :down:

Charlie-Brown

No thanks! If we need another centre back and JJ is reticent about promoting either of the McGowan brothers or Balatoni then surely to hell we can sign someone better or at least not as much of an ersehole as Zander Diamond.

Archived