Dunfermline & District Supporters Club

kylelauren01

kylelauren01

I don't think so. I've been to a few birthday parties there and never had to sign up. I imagine one person will have to be a member to book the function hall and then everyone will be fine. Might have to make a wee donation or something.

I have just renewed my membership of the club again after a gap of a number of years. I know the Club Master well & he has no issues at all with us using the place & membership not required. I think the club is always looking for members but joining is not compulsory & no donations necessary - they are glad of the extra revenue a popular Supporters Club will potentially generate. Membership is ?42 a year, drink is cheaper, food is good value, kids welcome & never an ounce of bother.

As for taking a 6 year old, as long as they have plenty sweets, juice & trips to the club shop they are fine!! My wee lad has been going since he was 4 and I took my 5 year old daughter on Saturday - obviously she is a Jonah and isnae going back!! Kids love the away day as well, as the bus, banter & dad having a bevvy = sweets and juice over an extended period!

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have just renewed my membership of the club again after a gap of a number of years. I know the Club Master well & he has no issues at all with us using the place & membership not required. I think the club is always looking for members but joining is not compulsory & no donations necessary - they are glad of the extra revenue a popular Supporters Club will potentially generate. Membership is ?42 a year, drink is cheaper, food is good value, kids welcome & never an ounce of bother.

As for taking a 6 year old, as long as they have plenty sweets, juice & trips to the club shop they are fine!! My wee lad has been going since he was 4 and I took my 5 year old daughter on Saturday - obviously she is a Jonah and isnae going back!! Kids love the away day as well, as the bus, banter & dad having a bevvy = sweets and juice over an extended period!

Braw.

What about a name for the supporters club?

The Old Tolbooth

Membership is ?42 a year, drink is cheaper, food is good value, kids welcome & never an ounce of bother.

Unless yer name is Alan Durham :lol:

:ninja:

Braw.

What about a name for the supporters club?

The Nolastforlong Club :whistling:

Best of luck,youll need it :thumbsup:

kylelauren01

FIRST MEETING

To everyone who has shown an interest so far, the first meeting has been scheduled for 7.30 pm on Thursday 17th March at Rosyth Civil Service Club. This will be the acid test as to whether this venture gets of the ground or if it crashes and burns at the first hurdle.

If you have replied on Kickback, emailed me or contacted Eddie or myself, please make every effort to attend and don't leave it up to others. Similarly if you know anyone who might be interested, please bring them along. Don't wait to see if it takes off first because if we don't get the numbers next week then it will be dead & buried.

I will post some kind of running order in the coming days as there is potentially loads up for discussion. I have started getting costings for a bus for Inverness which is 16th April & have had one really good quote which would make it ?10 per head witout any subsidy.

PLEASE LET EDDIE OR MYSELF KNOW IF YOU WILL BE ATTENDING

mahgrassyshoes

FIRST MEETING

To everyone who has shown an interest so far, the first meeting has been scheduled for 7.30 pm on Thursday 17th March at Rosyth Civil Service Club. This will be the acid test as to whether this venture gets of the ground or if it crashes and burns at the first hurdle.

If you have replied on Kickback, emailed me or contacted Eddie or myself, please make every effort to attend and don't leave it up to others. Similarly if you know anyone who might be interested, please bring them along. Don't wait to see if it takes off first because if we don't get the numbers next week then it will be dead & buried.

I will post some kind of running order in the coming days as there is potentially loads up for discussion. I have started getting costings for a bus for Inverness which is 16th April & have had one really good quote which would make it ?10 per head witout any subsidy.

PLEASE LET EDDIE OR MYSELF KNOW IF YOU WILL BE ATTENDING

Will there be a toilet on this bus?!

Good stuff, see you there.

Radioactive Mince

I will be there and will be representing 2 others.

That's a great price for a 300-odd mile round trip :thumbsup:

As I've mentioned before, I haven't been going to away games this season. I'm tempted, but our baby's due date is the 19th and I wouldn't want to be way up there should labour occur that wee bit early. In saying that, if Jr. arrives even earlier then it may be possible.

This is encouraging. I would urge all who can possibly make the meeting to do so.

kylelauren01

Good stuff, see you there.

Yes, toilet an absolute necessity, especially having done Inverness in a motor with Eddie & Paisley Bob in September & who both have bladders the size of a walnut when Tennents is added :whistling:

eddie fenwick

Yes, toilet an absolute necessity, especially having done Inverness in a motor with Eddie & Paisley Bob in September & who both have bladders the size of a walnut when Tennents is added :whistling:

i wasnt drinking :whistling:

The Old Tolbooth

The Nolastforlong Club :whistling:

Best of luck,youll need it :thumbsup:

Button it Mr Scrooge :D

For that price you'll be lucky to get a steering wheel! :ninja:

On another note, I've been reliably informed by Kenny that Eddie Fenwick will be buying the first round, what a cracking gesture by the guy :thumbsup:

eddie fenwick

Button it Mr Scrooge :D

For that price you'll be lucky to get a steering wheel! :ninja:

On another note, I've been reliably informed by Kenny that Eddie Fenwick will be buying the first round, what a cracking gesture by the guy :thumbsup:

tapwater mind :thumbsup:

kylelauren01

Guys, could everyone who posted an interest on the original post and who has not got back to myself or Eddie yet, please email me if they are going on Thursday night. Have emails from quite a few but only one has their kickback user name so more might have replied. Eddie & myself are meeting at the Woodmill (always a beer involved :whistling: ) tonight to see what numbers we have showing an interest.

The meeting is scheduled for Thursday 17/3 at 7:30 pm at Rosyth Civil Service Club (cheap drink :thumbsup: ) and all are welcome. My email address is [email protected] or pm me thru kickback.

eddie fenwick

Either was i,mate.Wearing it?Aye!:rolleyes: .

Pmsl at that one mate,funniest part o the trip apart fi the doms incident

Radioactive Mince

Have PMd the OP.

Where's the Woodmill, btw? That the one @ Trondheim Parkway & Linburn Rd? Used to be a rough ass place if same.

Chris Benoit

Have PMd the OP.

Where's the Woodmill, btw? That the one @ Trondheim Parkway & Linburn Rd? Used to be a rough ass place if same.

It is, better now been in for a bite to eat and it was not too bad

Radioactive Mince

It is, better now been in for a bite to eat and it was not too bad

Sound. Thought it would be as the surrounding area has improved (and appeared). Used to be the local gangsters' bolthole around a decade ago, IIRC.

I'm in, thinking of taking my lad next season who will be 6. Is this too young to start them?? He's getting more into it now.

Go for it, i have had a s/t for my youngest for the last two seasons, he is six now and at 25quid a season you dont mind if he misses a game. I never force him to go and he probably goes to about half the games.

I would also recomend taking him to the bigger games, the better the atmosphere the more it holds there interest.

Sound. Thought it would be as the surrounding area has improved (and appeared). Used to be the local gangsters' bolthole around a decade ago, IIRC.

Aye all the schemies got moved to Rosyth :lol:

kylelauren01

Ladies & Gents of the Hearts supporting brotherhood (and sisterhood) in Fife, as you will have seen I have been working my cahoonas off trying to get this thing going. So far the response has been good with a number committed to attending the meeting this Thursday and some unable to make it but who remain interested.

The following list are those who expressed an interest when the idea was first mooted & I am unsure if they still want to be involved. If you are on the list & still interested could you get back to me through email, kickback or Facebook - meeting is scheduled for 7.30 pm on 17/3/11 at Rosyth Civil Service Club in case you missed it :whistling:

Maroon 1874

Gerd Muller

Ally

Sraman

durhamhearts

rudiskacel06

Paris84

Robbo-Jambo

gadgey55

big jambo g

grumpy rebus

fabienleclerq

If all of the above follow up their interest then that would represent very healthy numbers.

Following our meeting last night, Eddie, George Wood & myself have a wee running order for Thursday night which I will post later.

Cheers, Kenny

eddie fenwick

Can I just add I know how much work kennys put into this so if you're names on the list please get in touch

Pmsl at that one mate,funniest part o the trip apart fi the doms incident

Hopefully hook up with my doms mate next trip.:whistling:

On a serious note,any support will be forthcoming from myself e.g.fundraising,functions and away games.All the best for Thursday night,guys.:thumbsup:

durhamhearts

Ladies & Gents of the Hearts supporting brotherhood (and sisterhood) in Fife, as you will have seen I have been working my cahoonas off trying to get this thing going. So far the response has been good with a number committed to attending the meeting this Thursday and some unable to make it but who remain interested.

The following list are those who expressed an interest when the idea was first mooted & I am unsure if they still want to be involved. If you are on the list & still interested could you get back to me through email, kickback or Facebook - meeting is scheduled for 7.30 pm on 17/3/11 at Rosyth Civil Service Club in case you missed it :whistling:

Maroon 1874

Gerd Muller

Ally

Sraman

durhamhearts

rudiskacel06

Paris84

Robbo-Jambo

gadgey55

big jambo g

grumpy rebus

fabienleclerq

If all of the above follow up their interest then that would represent very healthy numbers.

Following our meeting last night, Eddie, George Wood & myself have a wee running order for Thursday night which I will post later.

Cheers, Kenny

I will be popping along to the meeting Kenny

kylelauren01

Sraman, durhamhearts and andy younger making the meeting on Thursday - cheers chaps.

Radioactive Mince

This would be the perfect time to use the sesame st (or muppets?) stary GIF, if I knew how to.

:stare:

Sorry to cause any confusion but all I said was there's a few Jambos including myself who drink in the Barley!! II have to say at no time did I say I would be interested in joining a supporters bus. I'm strictly by car and have been since I was 17 and could drive. The best of luck to you, but count me out and once again, sorry if I caused any confusion.

Maroon 1874

Gerd Muller

Ally

Sraman

durhamhearts

rudiskacel06

Paris84

Robbo-Jambo

gadgey55

big jambo g

grumpy rebus

fabienleclerq

Cheers, Kenny

kylelauren01

Paris 84, you are a tease! A blank reply so still don't know if you are interested or not! I am actually having to do a day of work today so no emails, kb posts or general harassment for 10 hours - not that this is taking over my life or anything! :sheen:

eddie fenwick

Paris 84, you are a tease! A blank reply so still don't know if you are interested or not! I am actually having to do a day of work today so no emails, kb posts or general harassment for 10 hours - not that this is taking over my life or anything! :sheen:

Work????????

Sorry that's cause I replied via my phone!! All I said was my original post only mentioned the fact that there were a few Jambos who drink in the Barley, I didn't mention anything about joining a supporters club. I'm a confirmed car man, as I will be tonight. Sorry for the confusion.

Maroon 1874

Maroon 1874

Gerd Muller

Ally

Sraman

durhamhearts

rudiskacel06

Paris84

Robbo-Jambo

gadgey55

big jambo g

grumpy rebus

fabienleclerq

Cheers, Kenny

You should have had an e-mail from me confirming myself and 2 sons would attend mate, Im also hopeing 1 or 2 mates will be there to :thumbsup:

kylelauren01

Kyle I'm about 75% certain to make it, how long do you think it'll last in case I'm running late?

Cheers

Malky, not sure how long it will last tbh, as long or as short as folk feel is necessary, quite a bit to discuss so possibly 45-60 minutes.

kylelauren01

You should have had an e-mail from me confirming myself and 2 sons would attend mate, Im also hopeing 1 or 2 mates will be there to :thumbsup:

Maroon1874 - its magic you know, email addresses and usernames don't go!! This has caused me much confusion.

Paris84 - thanks for letting me know, maybe if the club is a success you might be a convert. If you could mention it to the JT's in the Barley it would be appreciated. The door is always open if you want to attend functions, POTY do's, or to use the bus on the odd occasion if it suits.

Cheers

My mate stays in Rosyth in the Peashill area, claims that nearly all the residence are non Fifers and a few Hearts fans within it's boundaries, i always thought Rosyth was a bit of a tip but having a closer look it isn't that bad in comparison to some of the areas in our beloved Capital, been in the Civil Service with him a couple of times, decent venue, decent pint, decent local for him.

kylelauren01

To everyone who has committed to attending tonight - thanks and see you there. To all those who can't make it tonight but who have expressed an interest I will be in touch soon to let you know what's occurring & looking for commitment for Inverness - unless no-one turns up tonight then it will be Ed, George & myself in a small car!! Cheers, Kenny

eddie fenwick

To everyone who has committed to attending tonight - thanks and see you there. To all those who can't make it tonight but who have expressed an interest I will be in touch soon to let you know what's occurring & looking for commitment for Inverness - unless no-one turns up tonight then it will be Ed, George & myself in a small car!! Cheers, Kenny

the words george and small shouldnt be in the same sentence mate :woot:

Likelihood is I won't make it tonight but I'm sure Marty will let me know what happens

Cheers for your efforts so far though

Chris Benoit

Likelihood is I won't make it tonight but I'm sure Marty will let me know what happens

Cheers for your efforts so far though

I'm not telling you :P

Radioactive Mince

I love JM. His t-shirts are cool.

First time I've seen him either without a suit on or a Take That songbook in his hand, TBH.

Encouraging meeting, everyone :thumbsup:

Kenny - email or PM me your paypal info, dude. I'd like to pay Mrs Fluff's interim membership and both of our bus monies, if that's possible.

30 attendees tonight which was encouraging. :)

Seemed pretty determined to get it up and running. Just to say to Eggo, GIRFUY!!!!! :P

The Old Tolbooth

I love JM. His t-shirts are cool.

First time I've seen him either without a suit on or a Take That songbook in his hand, TBH.

:lol:

Genuinely laughed out loud at that mate!! :lol:

30 attendees tonight which was encouraging. :)

Seemed pretty determined to get it up and running. Just to say to Eggo, GIRFUY!!!!! :P

:lol: Seen it all before. 100 members down to 0. :lol:

I hope for once to be honest that this takes off and is a roaring success :thumbsup:

Best of British to Eddie,Kenny and all concerned. :)

Well played Fife Jambos. Always thought Fife was somewhere on the way to somewhere else, but that I know there are so many Jambos there I will look at it a little differently.

And to the guys arranging this whole thing, hats off to you.

kylelauren01

:thumbsup: Thanks to the 30 who turned up last night - a good mixture of youth and the not so youthful :whistling: male, female & experienced Club members. Some of those who attended last night were representing friends & family & I think will go away and hopefully put a positive spin on things. I also had a load of emails from people unable to attend but who are very keen to be involved, so all-in-all we have had a superb response.

I think most people left the meeting pretty happy that we are not playing at this & that a lot of thought and effort has gone in to even get to this point. The fact that 99% of those present were committed enough to part with ?5 membership was testimony to this. Allied to this that some were willing to part with ?10 to secure their seat to Inverness and that Eddie has donated a three figure sum to the club to get things moving is also really heartening.

As suggested at the meeting & for ease of communication I have started a page on Facebook imaginatively entitled - Dunfermline & District Hearts Supporters Club! Eventually (once I figure out how it works!) I will popoulate this page with images, news, updates, etc. I will also continue to use personal email & kickback as not everyone has access to, or can be bothered, with Facebook. I will request that we be added to the Supporters Club section on kickback as well.

To cut a long story short the intention is to run a bus to Inverness on 16/4/11 and another after the split depending on who/when we play. Eddie, George Wood & myself will organise this as an interim committee. During the summer - when the fixtures are announced - we will meet again to sort out all the official stuff such as agreeing a constitution, setting/collecting membership fees, forming a committee, identifying away trips for 2011/12, Federation affiliation, etc, etc. Everything at this time will be geared towards spreading the gospel and filling a 49 seater for Inverness - I will do a separate post for this.

Thanks for reading (apologies for the length - this is the abridged version!) - Kenny

Chris Benoit

Kenny could you put a link up to the Facebook page, did a search on Facebook and got no results :huh:

Radioactive Mince

Kenny could you put a link up to the Facebook page, did a search on Facebook and got no results :huh:

Aye, same here. I commented on Kenny's page earlier about the club page but forgot to mention.

Archived