Dunfermline & District Supporters Club

kylelauren01

The Comedian

Early signs have been encouraging through Kickback, emails and guys that Eddie & myself know locally. Eddie & myself will source a venue over the next couple of days & suggest a couple of dates. From there we can see if this is going to work out. Can anyone who has expressed an interest please email me on [email protected] giving a contact name & number. Cheers, Kenny & Eddie.

Add myself and the girl. We're in Duloch also...

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gerd Muller

Near the Glen Tavern too but hardly been in there. Did it not used to be called the Lyne Tavern or I'm I talking nonsense?

mahgrassyshoes

Near the Glen Tavern too but hardly been in there. Did it not used to be called the Lyne Tavern or I'm I talking nonsense?

Nah, that's the one on the corner by the traffic lights at the top of the Grange road/westend of Netherton Broad Street. It used to be called Ginty's.

portobellojambo1

I think taking Eggo's point on board about train fares means that home games will probably be a non-starter, however I reckon you could have some good success by running a bus to away games. Would you be catering for the Lochgelly area?

I would imagine you might be able to negotiate something with whoever you choose as your bus providers, whereby for home games you might be able to secure a mini bus for a reasonable price, and reduce costs that way (assuming you want to travel as a group to both home and away fixtures). And how the hell does Eggo get from Fife to Edinburgh by train for the price he quotes, Its not far short of that to travel across Edinburgh by train, single.

Hope this proves to be successful, then have a bus leaving regularly from West Fife and St Andrews Hearts covering the East neuk.

Gerd Muller

Nah, that's the one on the corner by the traffic lights at the top of the Grange road/westend of Netherton Broad Street. It used to be called Ginty's.

Cant believe got that mixed up. Glen Tavern across from the car park to the glen. Been in it a few times during the summer, decent boozer. Its quite unbelievable the amount of Hearts fans in Dunfermline. Funny on a night out when I start singing the hearts song and always someone joins in haha

eddie fenwick

I would imagine you might be able to negotiate something with whoever you choose as your bus providers, whereby for home games you might be able to secure a mini bus for a reasonable price, and reduce costs that way (assuming you want to travel as a group to both home and away fixtures). And how the hell does Eggo get from Fife to Edinburgh by train for the price he quotes, Its not far short of that to travel across Edinburgh by train, single.

Hope this proves to be successful, then have a bus leaving regularly from West Fife and St Andrews Hearts covering the East neuk.

its cos eggo get an oap pass :whistling:

Might be an idea to get it done in time for the Inverness game (April 16th)? I'd imagine that would have a fair bit of interest?

I hope not. We have plans for a big weekend and if "young" ( :rofl: ) Ed had to go home straight after the game he would get more than a little bit of a ripping. Just like when he went home early on New Years Day after being summoned by the wife.:thumbsup:

As for "young" Ed's Edinburgh connections, he is as much Edinburgh as a Glasgow kiss. He spent half an hour here before spending the next forty plus years out of town. ;)

jambopompey

I hope not. We have plans for a big weekend and if "young" ( :rofl: ) Ed had to go home straight after the game he would get more than a little bit of a ripping. Just like when he went home early on New Years Day after being summoned by the wife.:thumbsup:

As for "young" Ed's Edinburgh connections, he is as much Edinburgh as a Glasgow kiss. He spent half an hour here before spending the next two hundred and forty plus years out of town. ;)

sorted that out for you, ed hates it when folk think he is young

sorted that out for you, ed hates it when folk think he is young

My mum had cause to see Ed recently, next time I saw her, she said to me "Ed is looking old". :thumbsup:

eddie fenwick

My mum had cause to see Ed recently, next time I saw her, she said to me "Ed is looking old". :thumbsup:

Hark at you janny lol

Its only ?5 return by train, and leave the prices to the people who know and pay them. Anyway its closer to Tynecastle from North Queensferry than it is from Musselburgh/Portobello etc. :P

Cant believe got that mixed up. Glen Tavern across from the car park to the glen. Been in it a few times during the summer, decent boozer. Its quite unbelievable the amount of Hearts fans in Dunfermline. Funny on a night out when I start singing the hearts song and always someone joins in haha

Dunfermline isnt exactly a million miles away tbh, and its always had a large Hearts contingent so all this is nothing new.

kylelauren01

Have sounded out using Rosyth Civil Service Club, Castle Road, Rosyth for the first meeting and with the opportunity to use it further if required for functions, etc. They have a lot on during the week and the initial meet is likely to be a Thursday night. Once we have got a few more bodies interested Eddie & myself will come up with a date and work out some kind of agenda which will be up for discussion. Good numbers thus far & as I am getting the train from I/keithing tomorrow I will try and drum up some interest by handing out flyers.

If anyone out there knows any West Fife based Hearts supporters that might be interested please give them a nudge in our direction. Kenny & Eddie.

mahgrassyshoes

As for "young" Ed's Edinburgh connections, he is as much Edinburgh as a Glasgow kiss. He spent half an hour here before spending the next forty plus years out of town. ;)

Ha, would be some distance for a drunken stagger as well!

Its only ?5 return by train, and leave the prices to the people who know and pay them. Anyway its closer to Tynecastle from North Queensferry than it is from Musselburgh/Portobello etc. :P

And kids travel free :thumbsup:

hmfc_liam06

Have sounded out using Rosyth Civil Service Club, Castle Road, Rosyth for the first meeting and with the opportunity to use it further if required for functions, etc. They have a lot on during the week and the initial meet is likely to be a Thursday night. Once we have got a few more bodies interested Eddie & myself will come up with a date and work out some kind of agenda which will be up for discussion. Good numbers thus far & as I am getting the train from I/keithing tomorrow I will try and drum up some interest by handing out flyers.

If anyone out there knows any West Fife based Hearts supporters that might be interested please give them a nudge in our direction. Kenny & Eddie.

Once again.....would you be accommodating people from Cowdenbeath/Lochgelly/Cardenden way?

kylelauren01

Once again.....would you be accommodating people from Cowdenbeath/Lochgelly/Cardenden way?

Liam, sorry, was just generally replying that the more the merrier. Everyone is welcome and one of the things for debate at the first meeting would be pick up points for the bus. What sort of numbers are you talking about? Kenny

Robbo-Jambo

Think all the trains are off tomorrow on the Fife Circle. Know its defo. a bus service running between Dalmeny and Haymarket. I would double check before you set off tomorrow. :thumbsup:

kylelauren01

Think all the trains are off tomorrow on the Fife Circle. Know its defo. a bus service running between Dalmeny and Haymarket. I would double check before you set off tomorrow. :thumbsup:

Cheers, looks like engineering works means buses to Fife only from Dalmeny. Looks like it will be the car for me then & no canvassing for potential members tomorrow!! Thanks.

Cheers, looks like engineering works means buses to Fife only from Dalmeny. Looks like it will be the car for me then & no canvassing for potential members tomorrow!! Thanks.

yeah the only trains running in Fife is between Cowndenbeath and Dalgety Bay, from there its a Bus to Edinburgh, bit annoying but managable lol

Robbo-Jambo

No probs. :thumbsup:

Cupar Jambo

Once again I will say..this is doomed to failure. It'll all be tickety boo at the beginning and then the interest fades off. We've done it on numerous occasions from Dunfermline and it always flops.A run of bad results and lots of call offs mean using the funds up rapidly.

Also the bus fares amount to around 8-10 quid a head,probably more with the current fuel prices,so getting the train is half the price.

Saying that I wish you all the best of luck and dont let me say I told you so. :thumbsup:

p.s. I'll join to give you support and help you if required.

Eggo you said exactly the same about the St Andrews and District bus how it wouldn't get past September, hope you never need a lift as this is March and the bus is full each week

Hope she never said that about me :rolleyes:

Eggo you said exactly the same about the St Andrews and District bus how it wouldn't get past September, hope you never need a lift as this is March and the bus is full each week

Great bus went with you guys to Motherwell for the Semi last year

Awe goan gimme a lift haha Rammit :lol:

Tory boys and fermers isny ma scene son :thumbsup:

The Old Tolbooth

A good choice for a base mate because it's only a 5 minute walk for me and I could have a few beers at any meetings :D

and oaps ie john

Shut it grandad, Bighusref's maw has you sussed mate ;)

I live in Dalgety Bay & would be interested in travelling to games on a Dunfermline / Rosyth bus. I'm an offshore worker so can't make all the games but still have my ST and go to all home & away games when i'm off.

John and alan were my Jannies when I started primary

:laugh:

Schools didnae exist when you were a lad, Ed. It was just one of those things that your faither took you hunting and once you speared your first dinosaur, then you were a man.

As Marty said earlier count me in too

Probably wouldn't need travel for home games but it'd help get to more away games than I do just now not them all but at least 6-10 a season due to work commitments

Cupar Jambo

Awe goan gimme a lift haha Rammit :lol:

Tory boys and fermers isny ma scene son :thumbsup:

Let me know what is your scene and maybe we can help, we are a very obliging club. You never know until you try. If you want to take up this offer please let Farmer Jones know as it it is him we book the converted tractors from for the games

Let me know what is your scene and maybe we can help, we are a very obliging club. You never know until you try. If you want to take up this offer please let Farmer Jones know as it it is him we book the converted tractors from for the games

haha "YOU NEVER KNOW UNTIL YOU TRY" hahaha, weve ran buses to Hearts games for 40 years plus and your telling me how to run a bus..oh ma sides.

I wish Eddie and co every success in there quest and will help them if required,but history shows etc etc.

So spare me your advice on how to run a supporters club...thanks Eggo :thumbsup:

Radioactive Mince

Rosyth civil service? :sad: I'll prob bump into my old man if I make it.

Imo, this will only work as a membership type club, whereby fees subsidise buses on occasion. As others have said, can't see buses working for home games due to train cheapness and quickness. That's not to say the club couldn't start doing so once a sort of 'club spirit' has been established and folk wanted to all go for a drink together or whatever. Even a meet-up in town & all getting train together would be a laugh.

My situation is this: Living in Torryburn at present. 3 ST holders in the house, although our son isn't all that interested as yet so doesn't always come. Doubt the bus would swing out this way unless there were a few more folk west of town, but no probs getting into town anyway. Not been doing away games this season but most seasons will attend 6-10 of 'em. I'd be more than happy to pay a membership fee and attend club nights or what have you.

My daughter (and son due in April) are the only 'Fifers' in our house. I was born in London, my wife and son were Simpsons babies and I'm proud and relieved to report that my wee girl was born in Dunfermline, not hellcaldy. :smug:

By the way, having just noticed the trains situation the day, if anyone needs a lift to Gorgie I've got 3 spare seats in the car from rosyth onwards (dropping bairns off at granny's).

Cupar Jambo

haha "YOU NEVER KNOW UNTIL YOU TRY" hahaha, weve ran buses to Hearts games for 40 years plus and your telling me how to run a bus..oh ma sides.

I wish Eddie and co every success in there quest and will help them if required,but history shows etc etc.

So spare me your advice on how to run a supporters club...thanks Eggo :thumbsup:

I would not dare try and tell you how to run a bus, my comment YOU NEVER KNOW UNTIL YOU TRY was in response to what was your scene with regards to Tory's and farmers in your closing comments. Hope the sides get better soon

kylelauren01

Rosyth civil service? :sad: I'll prob bump into my old man if I make it.

Imo, this will only work as a membership type club, whereby fees subsidise buses on occasion. As others have said, can't see buses working for home games due to train cheapness and quickness. That's not to say the club couldn't start doing so once a sort of 'club spirit' has been established and folk wanted to all go for a drink together or whatever. Even a meet-up in town & all getting train together would be a laugh.

My situation is this: Living in Torryburn at present. 3 ST holders in the house, although our son isn't all that interested as yet so doesn't always come. Doubt the bus would swing out this way unless there were a few more folk west of town, but no probs getting into town anyway. Not been doing away games this season but most seasons will attend 6-10 of 'em. I'd be more than happy to pay a membership fee and attend club nights or what have you.

My daughter (and son due in April) are the only 'Fifers' in our house. I was born in London, my wife and son were Simpsons babies and I'm proud and relieved to report that my wee girl was born in Dunfermline, not hellcaldy. :smug:

By the way, having just noticed the trains situation the day, if anyone needs a lift to Gorgie I've got 3 spare seats in the car from rosyth onwards (dropping bairns off at granny's).

The plan is not to travel to home games for the reasons stated - although Christmas/New Year may be an option when public transport is limited. The initial idea is to plan a number of games ahead and see what the response is & to take it from there. There might be 6 games planned where a 50 seater is planned and if the demand is there for the other games then smaller buses might be an option - I can't go to every game as I work shifts/weekends. This season we could be looking at Inverness and Kilmarnock/Motherwell after the split depending on who is in/out of the top 6.

As you state this is very much looking at a social thing as well - a few of us already go to the BMC before home games. The Civil Service club is a decent place to start/finish a journey or have meetings & they are more than happy to let us use their facilities & where food is available and kids are very welcome.

In terms of picking up west of Dunfermline, it is another discussion point for the meeting, can't see why if travelling west for games that there couldn't be a pick up point at the Cairneyhill roundabout.

Interest thus far is well in advance of 50, so is looking quite good if everyone comes through.

Radioactive Mince

The plan is not to travel to home games for the reasons stated - although Christmas/New Year may be an option when public transport is limited. The initial idea is to plan a number of games ahead and see what the response is & to take it from there. There might be 6 games planned where a 50 seater is planned and if the demand is there for the other games then smaller buses might be an option - I can't go to every game as I work shifts/weekends. This season we could be looking at Inverness and Kilmarnock/Motherwell after the split depending on who is in/out of the top 6.

As you state this is very much looking at a social thing as well - a few of us already go to the BMC before home games. The Civil Service club is a decent place to start/finish a journey or have meetings & they are more than happy to let us use their facilities & where food is available and kids are very welcome.

In terms of picking up west of Dunfermline, it is another discussion point for the meeting, can't see why if travelling west for games that there couldn't be a pick up point at the Cairneyhill roundabout.

Interest thus far is well in advance of 50, so is looking quite good if everyone comes through.

Sounds like a sensible initial plan. It's probably more important to get a supporters' club established than to run buses to every away from the outset. As you say, Xmas/new year games are a baw ache so would prob be well subscribed.

Cairneyhill would be close enough for trips West (over half the away days) and I'm sure there are plenty Hearts supporters in Crossford and C hill itself as well as Torryburn, Newmills, Valleyfield etc

The numbers interested so far are very encouraging. As you state; let's hope most follow up. If we could reach out to supporters who maybe don't read KB somehow (I'm sure you're onto it) then I believe we're onto a winner here. I wouldn't be at all surprised if a successful ddhsc had well over a hundred members at some point, with potential for so much more. People either don't know or forget just how populated the West Fife area is and I think many Hearts supporters underestimate just how much of our hardcore support are based in the area; a percentage rising all the time.

The Comedian

Sounds like a sensible initial plan. It's probably more important to get a supporters' club established than to run buses to every away from the outset. As you say, Xmas/new year games are a baw ache so would prob be well subscribed.

Cairneyhill would be close enough for trips West (over half the away days) and I'm sure there are plenty Hearts supporters in Crossford and C hill itself as well as Torryburn, Newmills, Valleyfield etc

The numbers interested so far are very encouraging. As you state; let's hope most follow up. If we could reach out to supporters who maybe don't read KB somehow (I'm sure you're onto it) then I believe we're onto a winner here. I wouldn't be at all surprised if a successful ddhsc had well over a hundred members at some point, with potential for so much more. People either don't know or forget just how populated the West Fife area is and I think many Hearts supporters underestimate just how much of our hardcore support are based in the area; a percentage rising all the time.

Correct. There is a huge potential for a HMFC bus in this area. I lived in Newmills for much of my life and know a good few Jambos who may use the bus from time to time, especially if it stops in Cairneyhill.

hmfc_liam06

Liam, sorry, was just generally replying that the more the merrier. Everyone is welcome and one of the things for debate at the first meeting would be pick up points for the bus. What sort of numbers are you talking about? Kenny

Would be looking at 3-4 of us. We are in Cardenden however if it was feasible a pick up in Cowdenbeath would be of interest to us.

Radioactive Mince

Pitcorthie Hearts fans boooooooooo!

Well said that man. Spammers GTF. Not welcome at Tynecastle. :verymad:

Corrie Jambo

There are three of us who travel from Dunfermline QM and a also a guy from Kelty but we normally just go to home games. One or more of us will come to the first meeting though as we like the membership idea. Train cheapness is is a realistic factor.

So will all members of West Fife Hearts SC need tobecome members of the Civil Club?

Good idea tho,even if it is a 5 minute walk from ma hoose!

Walter Kidd

I'm in, thinking of taking my lad next season who will be 6. Is this too young to start them?? He's getting more into it now.

Chris Benoit

I'm in, thinking of taking my lad next season who will be 6. Is this too young to start them?? He's getting more into it now.

Not at all, there will be times he'll seem uninterested but it's a great time to start him getting into it, just avoid the the games against the uglies

mahgrassyshoes

So will all members of West Fife Hearts SC need tobecome members of the Civil Club?

Good idea tho,even if it is a 5 minute walk from ma hoose!

I don't think so. I've been to a few birthday parties there and never had to sign up. I imagine one person will have to be a member to book the function hall and then everyone will be fine. Might have to make a wee donation or something.

Archived