Dunfermline & District Supporters Club

kylelauren01

We know this has been tried before with little or no success, however, Eddie Fenwick & myself are trying to gauge interest in a Dunfermline & District Hearts Supporters Club. The initial plan would be to gauge numbers, hold a meet, sort out a constitution, etc and affiliate to the Federation. The idea would be initially not to run buses to all games but to identify some and then build up dependant on interest. There would also be the usual mandatory POTY function and fundraiser. A potential venue for meetings, social events is in hand and the rest is dependant on interest.

Between us we have a decent base through the number of exiled JT's living in the Duloch area, our involvement in the Duloch Juniors Boys club and boys we know locally. If anyone on here is interested, reply through this or email me on [email protected].

Cheers

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
mahgrassyshoes

Hi.

I'm from the Duloch area. I usually drive to the games with a mate from Pitcorthie. We've been talking about getting a bus to a few games so we'd be interested in this. We have a few mates who attend the odd game here and there as well so that would be a few extra numbers for games as well.

Keep me updated with progress.:thumbsup:

Im from Rosyth, me and my two sons go to the games and would be interested, as a side note the 'Divit' and Rosyth have quite a few jambos in thier area and u will find there used to be a bus that ran out of the Central bar in said Divit

I'm in Dunfermline too but hardly make Saturday games due to work. Games that I could get too I would probably use a local supporters bus.

eddie fenwick

I trust you can all prove having been born in The Simpson Maternity in Edinburgh ?

If not you are simply glory hunters - fact :rolleyes:

ive got the birth cert to prove it :sweat: this has been spoken about for a while but we are pretty sure this could work so if you or anyone you know of pm me or kenny(op)

Does Elsie Inglis count?

Both my daughters were born in Simpsons before we moved to Rosyth though.

I would be interested in this venture also.

mahgrassyshoes

I trust you can all prove having been born in The Simpson Maternity in Edinburgh ?

I was actually born in Bangor hospital outside Uphall. Grew up in Uphall so Hearts were technically my local team. They were the closest as it was pre-Livingston days. :thumbsup:

I was actually born in Bangor hospital outside Uphall. Grew up in Uphall so Hearts were technically my local team. They were the closest as it was pre-Livingston days. :thumbsup:

I think I possess the necessary qualifications - born in Simpsons, brought up in East Calder, lived in the Kirk Brae scheme in Liberton and regularly use phrases such as meh, pagger and radge - am I qualified or a glory hunter!!!! ;-)

If folk are interested email me name/contact details as per original post. Cheers.

Very handy that because I was. :thumbsup:

ive got the birth cert to prove it :sweat: this has been spoken about for a while but we are pretty sure this could work so if you or anyone you know of pm me or kenny(op)

You were found on a doorstep!

Danderhall man here used to travel with the Danderhall Hearts Supporters bus till I moved to fife now living in Pitcorthie usually drive to games or travel by train but very interested in joining a fife based supporters club

Born in Simpsons and have the birth cert :thumbsup: but my oldest was born in the old Dunfy maternity and my youngest was born in Kirkcaldy, oh well I suppose I will have to break the sad news to them :rolleyes:

At least a half dozen or so regulars in the Barley Sheaf are Jambos. Even two of the barmaids as well.

Venue sorted!!

eddie fenwick

At least a half dozen or so regulars in the Barley Sheaf are Jambos. Even two of the barmaids as well.

Venue sorted!!

is that you peter?

The Old Tolbooth

Both myself and Linda would be interested in joining a supporters club too, although I wouldn't be able to use the bus very often due to family circumstances etc, however I'd be more than happy to pay a membership fee and support player of the year functions etc. :thumbsup:

Both myself and Linda would be interested in joining a supporters club too, although I wouldn't be able to use the bus very often due to family circumstances etc, however I'd be more than happy to pay a membership fee and support player of the year functions etc. :thumbsup:

With John's weight behind it this venture can't fail :thumbsup::rolleyes:

I live over the road from John Mitchell, and never once has he offered me and the bairn a lift to the games yet! :P

Me and Abbie would be very keen to join the 11 fingers Hearts Supporters Club!

jambopompey

the oldest piece of paperwork in the country

kylelauren01

I live over the road from John Mitchell, and never once has he offered me and the bairn a lift to the games yet! :P

Excellent, high 6!

We will give this a week or so, put out the feelers locally & then come up with suggestions for a meeting - mid/late March. Response has been quite positive so far. Cheers. Kenny.

eddie fenwick

the oldest piece of paperwork in the country

You only know that as you signed it;-)

mahgrassyshoes

Excellent, high 6!

We will give this a week or so, put out the feelers locally & then come up with suggestions for a meeting - mid/late March. Response has been quite positive so far. Cheers. Kenny.

Might be an idea to get it done in time for the Inverness game (April 16th)? I'd imagine that would have a fair bit of interest?

eddie fenwick

Might be an idea to get it done in time for the Inverness game (April 16th)? I'd imagine that would have a fair bit of interest?

no kids for that one then:-))

The Old Tolbooth

With John's weight behind it this venture can't fail :thumbsup::rolleyes:

:bootyshake:

I'm fussy about who gets in my car, your farts stink! :D

Plus, would we get away with calling it the 11 Fingered Hearts supporters club? :ninja:

mahgrassyshoes

:bootyshake:

I'm fussy about who gets in my car, your farts stink! :D

Plus, would we get away with calling it the 11 Fingered Hearts supporters club? :ninja:

As long as I'm not one of the 11 supporters fingered, you can call it whatever you want! :thumbsup:

big jambo g

Venue sorted!!

I watch Hearts games in the Barley Sheaf if not at them, stay in Pitcorthie never knew there was so many Hearts fans around me! Put me down as interested.

grumpy rebus

Both myself and Linda would be interested in joining a supporters club too, although I wouldn't be able to use the bus very often due to legal complications etc, however I'd be more than happy to pay a membership fee and support player of the year functions etc. :thumbsup:

Fixed for you John.

Back on topic, i'm in Kinross, but would be interested in getting the bus.

fabienleclerq

Similar to above i work sats (split shifts for home games) but if i was traveling away dunf is easier for me than going up town.

Once again I will say..this is doomed to failure. It'll all be tickety boo at the beginning and then the interest fades off. We've done it on numerous occasions from Dunfermline and it always flops.A run of bad results and lots of call offs mean using the funds up rapidly.

Also the bus fares amount to around 8-10 quid a head,probably more with the current fuel prices,so getting the train is half the price.

Saying that I wish you all the best of luck and dont let me say I told you so. :thumbsup:

p.s. I'll join to give you support and help you if required.

Once again I will say..this is doomed to failure. It'll all be tickety boo at the beginning and then the interest fades off. We've done it on numerous occasions from Dunfermline and it always flops.A run of bad results and lots of call offs mean using the funds up rapidly.

Also the bus fares amount to around 8-10 quid a head,probably more with the current fuel prices,so getting the train is half the price.

Saying that I wish you all the best of luck and dont let me say I told you so. :thumbsup:

You torn faced old sod!

I watch Hearts games in the Barley Sheaf if not at them, stay in Pitcorthie never knew there was so many Hearts fans around me! Put me down as interested.

A good few Jambos in there, I can assure you. I'm usually at the games but watched the game on Saturday there, sitting at the bar in front of the screen in the 'lounge'.

eddie fenwick

A good few Jambos in there, I can assure you. I'm usually at the games but watched the game on Saturday there, sitting at the bar in front of the screen in the 'lounge'.

A lounge in the barley????????

kylelauren01

Eggo, help would be appreciated. Hopefully we are going about this realistically, we won't be running a bus to home games for the reasons you state. By planning a few games hopefully interest will build and if a hard core want to go to every away game filling a smaller bus then that would be something to look at. The plan just now is to get a full bus going to a few games to start with and build from there, as well as building the social side of it. I do recall a similar post 5 years ago when Eddie tried to start a bus - and you were right on that occasion! Hopefully the number of exiles now in the Dunfermline area will make it a goer - time will tell.

hmfc_liam06

Eggo, help would be appreciated. Hopefully we are going about this realistically, we won't be running a bus to home games for the reasons you state. By planning a few games hopefully interest will build and if a hard core want to go to every away game filling a smaller bus then that would be something to look at. The plan just now is to get a full bus going to a few games to start with and build from there, as well as building the social side of it. I do recall a similar post 5 years ago when Eddie tried to start a bus - and you were right on that occasion! Hopefully the number of exiles now in the Dunfermline area will make it a goer - time will tell.

I think taking Eggo's point on board about train fares means that home games will probably be a non-starter, however I reckon you could have some good success by running a bus to away games. Would you be catering for the Lochgelly area?

5 of us Jambos near the Glen Tavern. used to have season tickets (until this season ) but due to sons playin on a sat now go to games when we can. Might be interested in socials, fundraisers etc but not a regular bus! by the way, im from Dalry :-)

Chris Benoit

5 of us Jambos near the Glen Tavern. used to have season tickets (until this season ) but due to sons playin on a sat now go to games when we can. Might be interested in socials, fundraisers etc but not a regular bus! by the way, im from Dalry :-)

How near the Glen Tav? Thought I was the only Jambo near here

A lounge in the barley????????

The term used affectionately by the regulars for the end of the bar furthest from the front door. In other words 'roond the corner'!!!

kylelauren01

Early signs have been encouraging through Kickback, emails and guys that Eddie & myself know locally. Eddie & myself will source a venue over the next couple of days & suggest a couple of dates. From there we can see if this is going to work out. Can anyone who has expressed an interest please email me on [email protected] giving a contact name & number. Cheers, Kenny & Eddie.

Archived