WHERE THE ****** IS PINILLA?

CBjambo

You see that?s what it?s all about to you guys. You are disappointed not to have seen more of him so you want him out...

When we signed Pinilla, the only reason we got a player of that quality is because he was damaged goods. Yes, Hearts have invested a fair chunk of money in him in the form of wages and hospital/psychiatric fees but just as we we have him right in the head and wanting to play football and play for us, great businessmen like yourself decide that it is time to "get rid".

Of course I could be being generous here...Perhaps you are of the other sort who resent him because he is a good-looking guy and you?re worried your girlfriend or mother might find him attractive to look at...

Only our club with its well publicised managerial/boardroom and ownership problems would even contemplate holding on to Pinilla. This guy may well want to get back to playing football... but talk is cheap... he's made all the promises before and they have come to nothing!

If anything Vlad is keeping him here not for the benefit of Hearts but to punt him during the closed season along with the likes of Kingston, Goncalves, Makela and the rest of the high profile big earners; in the hope he may recoup more money to offset the loss in revenue that failure to qualify for europe has brought.

IMO a club who buys quality 'damaged goods' seldom gets a good return... take a look at Newcastle and Joey Barton for example. You can appologise for Pinilla and back him to the hilt all you want... but the truth is he has done sod all for Hearts since he's been here except keep the physios busy!

As for the 'my burd or mum finding him attractive' comment... seriously mate is that what your worried about?! If he was to turn into a 30 goal a season wonder striker on the strength of that comment... the majority of fans would gladly offer up their partners and spouses in return...

I think she's safe for now tho... but she does like Eider Gudjohnsen!

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest JamboRobbo
You see that?s what it?s all about to you guys. You are disappointed not to have seen more of him so you want him out...

I think we should cut our losses given he's cost us money for 2 years (approx 1M pounds), for no return on the football pitch.

I see no indication of any change to this situation. It's one excuse after the next. Injured. Homesick. Depressed. etc etc.

If we had any sign these issues were going to go away, I'd be happy for us to give him another chance.

When we signed Pinilla, the only reason we got a player of that quality is because he was damaged goods. Yes, Hearts have invested a fair chunk of money in him in the form of wages and hospital/psychiatric fees but just as we we have him right in the head and wanting to play football and play for us, great businessmen like yourself decide that it is time to "get rid".

What evidence do you have for this?

I see no indication that he is any closer or further from playing than the day he arrived.

The current situation appears to be "he's almost ready, but can't play just yet because of "insert reason here".

Same as always.

Of course I could be being generous here...Perhaps you are of the other sort who resent him because he is a good-looking guy and you?re worried your girlfriend or mother might find him attractive to look at...

What a load of rubbish.

I take it you got bored making a point about the subject, so decided to have a dig at the poster instead.

Only our club with its well publicised managerial/boardroom and ownership problems would even contemplate holding on to Pinilla. This guy may well want to get back to playing football... but talk is cheap... he's made all the promises before and they have come to nothing!

If anything Vlad is keeping him here not for the benefit of Hearts but to punt him during the closed season along with the likes of Kingston, Goncalves, Makela and the rest of the high profile big earners; in the hope he may recoup more money to offset the loss in revenue that failure to qualify for europe has brought.

IMO a club who buys quality 'damaged goods' seldom gets a good return... take a look at Newcastle and Joey Barton for example. You can appologise for Pinilla and back him to the hilt all you want... but the truth is he has done sod all for Hearts since he's been here except keep the physios busy!

As for the 'my burd or mum finding him attractive' comment... seriously mate is that what your worried about?! If he was to turn into a 30 goal a season wonder striker on the strength of that comment... the majority of fans would gladly offer up their partners and spouses in return...

I think she's safe for now tho... but she does like Eider Gudjohnsen!

Pinilla has always looked interested when put onto the football pitch.

Pinilla almost broke his own neck last time I saw him against DUFC so keen was he to impress us and make an impact in that game.

To say otherwise is just believing the words of posters on here and journos over your own eyes (assuming you?ve seen Pinilla play for Hearts)

How can Vlad punt him in the summer? he?s barely played for Hearts, as you keep pointing out! The moaners want him released not sold. And the fact that he is probably the best natural talent at Hearts seems not to matter to all these auditors...This is Football, it is not always about "Return On Investments".

Guest JamboRobbo
Exactly.

We dont get players like that if theres not a side issue to them.

Hearts have stuck by him, helped him out. Maybe thats what the guy needed, an arm round him to help him through it, not ditched at the first sign of a problem.

IMO Hearts have handled Pinilla well. The guy could be a superstar, if he is dealt with correctly.

Sorry mate, but I don't see how paying 1M quid for 4 games over a two year period is "handling him well", and I don't see any signs that the situation is any different to what it's been over the past two years.

He's not available to play for HMFC first team. Just like always.

I think we should cut our losses given he's cost us money for 2 years (approx 1M pounds), for no return on the football pitch.

I see no indication of any change to this situation. It's one excuse after the next. Injured. Homesick. Depressed. etc etc.

If we had any sign these issues were going to go away, I'd be happy for us to give him another chance.

What evidence do you have for this?

I see no indication that he is any closer or further from playing than the day he arrived.

The current situation appears to be "he's almost ready, but can't play just yet because of "insert reason here".

Same as always.

What a load of rubbish.

I take it you got bored making a point about the subject, so decided to have a dig at the poster instead.

Be a football supporter, not an auditor.

Ryan Gosling

Well as far as I can see it, the fans wanting him released, not re-signed then sold, don't have the best interests of the club at heart. Might as well call them hobos. hee hee.

Sorry mate, but I don't see how paying 1M quid for 4 games over a two year period is "handling him well".

I realise the monetary losses, and why its such an issue.

I meant the situation with the man himself rather than the contractual issues.

Guest JamboRobbo

Agreed. All 4 times.

How can Vlad punt him in the summer? he?s barely played for Hearts, as you keep pointing out!

Because he is out of contract. We can stop throwing money down the drain.

The moaners want him released not sold.

Who are these people you are pigeon-holing as moaners. Anyone who doesn't agree with you I presume?

And the fact that he is probably the best natural talent at Hearts seems not to matter to all these auditors...This is Football, it is not always about "Return On Investments".

So we keep paying him 500k per year, and he keeps contributing nothing for HMFC. How many years would YOU give him, and how many millions more would you throw down the drain, before you say enough is enough?

Guest JamboRobbo
Be a football supporter, not an auditor.

I am a football supporter. One who thinks we could get players who contribute much more on the park for a cost of 500k per year.

Guest JamboRobbo
I realise the monetary losses, and why its such an issue.

I meant the situation with the man himself rather than the contractual issues.

Fair enough. I agree we've gone above and beyond the call of duty with regard to doing our best to accomodate this player. I think it's time to cut our losses.

I am a football supporter. One who thinks we could get players who contribute much more on the park for a cost of 500k per year.

Ok if you persist in lamenting the financial impact of having Pinilla - What in the World makes you think that the opportunity cost of Pinilla would have or will be invested in the team?

There is NO evidence at all that Vlad weighs up his debits and credits. Where has the money from Gordon?s transfer gone? It was not reinvested in players so what exactly makes you believe that Pinilla?s wages would be? Do you think Vlad will spend the money from Bednar?s sale on a player like Lee Miller? Vlad has no interest in buying players from other SPL sides. That?s why he?s never bought one!

Ok if you persist in lamenting the financial impact of having Pinilla - What in the World makes you think that the opportunity cost of Pinilla would have or will be invested in the team?

There is NO evidence at all that Vlad weighs up his debits and credits. Where has the money from Gordon?s transfer gone? It was not reinvested in players so what exactly makes you believe that Pinilla?s wages would be? Do you think Vlad will spend the money from Bednar?s sale on a player like Lee Miller? Vlad has no interest in buying players from other SPL sides. That?s why he?s never bought one!

The money from Gordon's transfer has gone on paying players such as Pinilla, Besijla, Makela, Tall who rarely get a game. It has also gone on maintaining a huge squad, swollen by a huge group of semi-professional level players brought in for non-footballing reasons from Kaunas. It has gone on paying off players and managers. And has gone on paying interest on the huge debt. But for the most part it has been squandered on player wages.

Guest JamboRobbo

Probably the same thing that makes you think it wouldn't. i.e. neither of us know for sure either way.

I do know for a fact that part of Vlad's planning is having a wage budget for the year and sticking to it. In the first year, this budget was 10M. And we hit it almost spot on (think we went 25k over or something).

That would suggest that if Pinilla wasn't on the wage bill, it would free up wages for use on other players, but I wouldn't claim it to be certain that we would spend it.

I have no idea what we would spend the money on. I do know that spending 500k a year for a player who only appears on the park 4 times, is not a good use of 500k. And I know we can't afford to be throwing 500k's away.....

I see no indication that this situation would change next year (as I said above, feel free to enlighten me if I've missed some evidence that next season will be different from the last 2 seasons), so I see no point in throwing away another 500k......

doctor jambo

I think wages are all relative

Do you think ?10k per week on Pinilla in wasteful compared to ?10k to pay Clum, Makela and Mccann?

I dont

it all hinges on big IFs

IF he comes good it will have been worth it

If he doesnt , it wont

The only way to find out is give it a go and see what happens

Besides Tall is going and has been more expensive over his contract than Pinilla for 2/3 of a season- and he is going for nothing

There is a chance Pinilla will shine, more than I can say about some others on relatively similar incomes- Tall, Beslija, Mccann, Clum, Makela to name a few

Ship them and give Pinilla another roll of the dice

If he left us and became the star we all know (or suspect rather) he could be, we would all feel foolish that we didnt give him at least another season

Pinilla almost broke his own neck last time I saw him against DUFC so keen was he to impress us and make an impact in that game.

To say otherwise is just believing the words of posters on here and journos over your own eyes (assuming you?ve seen Pinilla play for Hearts)

How can Vlad punt him in the summer? he?s barely played for Hearts, as you keep pointing out! The moaners want him released not sold. And the fact that he is probably the best natural talent at Hearts seems not to matter to all these auditors...This is Football, it is not always about "Return On Investments".

I'm a season ticket holder who rarely misses a game and i've seen Pinilla play every minute of his rare first team outings for Hearts... I don't doubt the guy has talent (although i'm sure even Clum would have connected with that fresh air swipe against the hobos!).

My point is... how can Hearts afford to keep such a player knowing what we know about the wage bill spiralling out of control and looking at our dire league position as a direct result of too many players on fat wages not putting in the performances.

Unless you are in a coma you should know that Vlad is all about "Return On Investments" and that is why we'll be seeing a lot more players leave in the summer than come in... and also why performance pay has been touted at Tynecastle in the future... low basic contracts, high bonuses!

Pinilla will always attract interest and will be sold on regardless of current form as he has decent pedigree. Prospective clubs will be sold on his past club history, international record and the promise off a natural talent coming good. It is a shame that his attitude and the fact he can't keep it zipped up will always get in the way of him proving the detractors wrong.

I'm glad you are not in charge of the club; natural talent is a commodity club's like Hearts must get a return on... it pays the bills and when it doesn't then it must be shipped out... quick smart!

Hilary Briss

The Pinilla situation has been a nightmare but the player has real ability. IMO he should be assessed at end of the season. If his heart is in it and he is over his fitness troubles, I would give him another season. If he isnt up for it, send him packing.

Keeping him would be risky but we aint got many good players and this guy is a good player. He has made noises about being grateful about how he has been treated by Hearts, it would be good if he could give something back.

To keep on supporting Pinilla in the vain hope of some kind of lazarus comeback is astonishing.

Calum Elliot has contributed a more worthy cause to Hearts and yet judging by the majority who would post on here, he isn't more than a first division player masquerading as an SPL striker.

Pinilla's 'efforts' for Hearts are laughable. His list of excuses is frankly ridiculous and any other player would have been dismissed a long time ago and yes, the money factor is very important when you consider the meager return we've had from this impostor.

People laud him as some kind of untapped striking genius. The man's goal per game ratio is below average at best and certainly not worth the money we throw at him.

Next you'll be telling us that Vladimir Romanov will produce the goods and make us league champions...

:o

Sorry if this disrupts the flow of the thread but Pinilla is hoping to play in the next reserve game if the club allow him. I feel that this might be the perfect time for him to slot into the team (as there is clearly no-one else)and I am really optomistic about it. He should be fit for the first team in a week or two.

Ryan Gosling

Calum Elliot has contributed a more worthy cause to Hearts and yet judging by the majority who would post on here, he isn't more than a first division player masquerading as an SPL striker.

People laud him as some kind of untapped striking genius. The man's goal per game ratio is below average at best and certainly not worth the money we throw at him.

7 goals in 44 SPL starts

2 goals in 5 SPL starts

HA. Pinilla is god. PROOF.

The Pinilla situation has been a nightmare but the player has real ability. IMO he should be assessed at end of the season. If his heart is in it and he is over his fitness troubles, I would give him another season. If he isnt up for it, send him packing.

Keeping him would be risky but we aint got many good players and this guy is a good player. He has made noises about being grateful about how he has been treated by Hearts, it would be good if he could give something back.

It will be a big gamble to offer him a long term contract in the summer... one that if it pays off would be great for the club, however it would be a case of back to the negotiating table to sign him on reduced terms and 'performance related pay'.

However, IMO I think the budget will be slashed over the summer with Tall, Pinilla, Makela, Beslija, Bednar, Goncalves, McCann, Agiuar, Kingston and Nade being the most likely big earning players to leave or be sold.

I know we all want to see several of the Kaunus boys head off too... Kurskis, Ksanavicius, Ivaskevicius, Kancelskis, Zaliukas, Miko and Chesney... but the reality is that while some may go , but not all.

The main players we need to keep is our youth and promising talent ie; Berra, Jonsson, Driver, Wallace, Stewart (he'll be back), Macdonald etc then add to that some good signings from the new manager (McGhee?!) and next season should be miles better... it couldn't be any worse!

I think the club needs a major overhaul of the playing staff... and the summer is a perfect time to start!

Sorry if this disrupts the flow of the thread but Pinilla is hoping to play in the next reserve game if the club allow him. I feel that this might be the perfect time for him to slot into the team (as there is clearly no-one else)and I am really optomistic about it. He should be fit for the first team in a week or two.

If that is true... then he is 2 weeks too late for him to be of any use to us!

I can't see us in the top six after the next 2 games (sorry all but we fuc'd it up failing to beat Falkirk last weekend) and if that is the case it would be better to see the likes of Templeton, Kostadinov etc getting games than Pinilla.

1M quid for 5 starts and 2 goals.

200k per start.

500k per goal.

says it all IMO.

Don't be so flippant.

People like you need to start opening your eyes! Can't you see what we have here?? Can't you?!? CAN'T YOU!!!!

;)

He should be emptied at the end of the season.

A complete waste of wages, and we can't afford to carry wasters that don't want to play for us.

Don't give me the excuses that he is injured - if a spanish or italian club made an offer he would suddenly be available for our next game.

7 goals in 44 SPL starts

2 goals in 5 SPL starts

HA. Pinilla is god. PROOF.

Look for his goal per game ratio over his 'career'.

hmfc_liam06
I was also at the Magnificent 7 night last night, and Pinilla was the player we went round with. He looks the picture of health to me and he managed to score a goal from the centre spot.

I think, given the failure of all currently played strikers, he must be given a chance to show he can do the job. I think he does have enthusiasm and commitment. After all he knocked himself unconscious trying to attack the Dundee Utd keeper in the last few mins of his last game at Tynecastle -when we had no chance too!

Give him a chance Frail !!! Same goes for Makela. Mole doesn't deserve to jump in front of these guys. The club is paying big wages for them, so lets see some action from them.

i had nade so i cant comment on what pinilla did during the tour but at the start of the night he was openly jumping about on the stage, he looked fit as a fiddle to me. doubt we would get 90 mins out of him but i reckon he would be good for the bench on saturday.

as for the commitment and enthusiasm, he looked like the only player who wanted to be there and be involved last night so fair play to him.

Career stats for Mauricio Pinilla.

League games : 90

League goals : 30

International games : 21

International goals : 5

20 of his league goals whilst playing in Chile.

Never played for Inter and only played 5 games for Chievo scoring 0 goals.

Played for Sporting 20 times and scored 5 goals.

Played for Racing Santander 13 times scoring 1 goal.

Played for Hearts 5 times scoring 2 goals.

90 appearances over nearly 7 seasons.

Guest JamboRobbo
Career stats.

League games : 90

League goals : 30

International games : 21

International goals : 5

20 of his league goals whilst playing in Chile.

Never played for Inter and only played 5 games for Chievo scoring 0 goals.

Played for Sporting 20 times and scored 5 goals.

Played for Racing Santander 13 times scoring 1 goal.

90 appearances over nearly 7 seasons.

Wow, I didn't realise that.

He's clearly on the verge of playing 38 games next year and banging in a load of goals.

We should give him another 10k a week contract. 3 years should suffice, then we can sell him after 2 years and pocket the profit.

Seymour M Hersh
camp? The worst injury of all, he could be out for months

Automatic transfer to gayster road I'd say!!:107years:

HMFCjamieHMFC

games goals

calum elliot 60 7

jamie mole 30 3

christian Nade 113 15

juho makela 152 80

maurcio pinilla 90 30

Seriously have you got a single shred of evidence to back that statement up ? You have a go at some fans for wanting to get rid of him and then come out with that belter.

The only evidence we have this far has shown the guy has been a complete waste of money at just about every single club he has played for.

games goals

calum elliot 60 7

jamie mole 30 3

christian Nade 113 15

juho makela 152 80

maurcio pinilla 90 30

So from that, a Pinilla Makela front two next season/week.

games goals

calum elliot 60 7

jamie mole 30 3

christian Nade 113 15

juho makela 152 80

maurcio pinilla 90 30

Spot the odd one out.

I will give you a clue is name rhymes with Shaggydoesn'thaveaclueakela.

Spot the odd one out.

I will give you a clue is name rhymes with Shaggydoesn'thaveaclueakela.

Jamie Mole?

Kingston - 20 league starts at circa 15k per week, 14 months = 840k.

32,000 per start and 168,000 per goal.

Not nearly as bad as Pinilla, but still terrible value, yet I haven't seen any, 'Kingston GTF, Kingston is a wage theif, Punt Kingston' threads/posts.

Guest JamboRobbo
Seriously have you got a single shred of evidence to back that statement up ?

That's what I'd like to see also. I guess by his lack of response to the question, he hasn't.

Ryan Gosling
Seriously have you got a single shred of evidence to back that statement up ? You have a go at some fans for wanting to get rid of him and then come out with that belter.

The only evidence we have this far has shown the guy has been a complete waste of money at just about every single club he has played for.

Does him telling people count as evidence or does it need to appear in the press?

Dr. Bapswent
games goals

calum elliot 60 7

jamie mole 30 3

christian Nade 113 15

juho makela 152 80

maurcio pinilla 90 30

So that would be

calum elliot 1 goal in every 8.6 games

jamie mole 1 goal in every 10 games

christian Nade 1 goal in every 7.5 games

juho makela 1 goal in every 1.9 games

maurcio pinilla 1 goal in every 3 games

Yep, him and Juho should be booted asap.

Elliot and Mole up front from now on.

Does him telling people count as evidence or does it need to appear in the press?

He has been saying that since he came to the club, whats changed ? I think that is the point people are making. Unless he really means this time. :)

Ryan Gosling
He has been saying that since he came to the club, whats changed ? I think that is the point people are making. Unless he really means this time. :)

You asked for proof though - what would you consider proof that 'his head is right and he wants to play for us' ?

Though it probably doesn't help that some people say he's faking injuries all the time.

Guest JamboRobbo
He has been saying that since he came to the club, whats changed ? I think that is the point people are making.

It is indeed.

We've even had the same people on here telling us why it's different this time. About 50 times now....and each time, the result is the same.

He ends up not able to play after all.

You asked for proof though - what would you consider proof that 'his head is right and he wants to play for us' ?

Though it probably doesn't help that some people say he's faking injuries all the time.

Seeing him in training every day, playing every week and showing 100% commitment when playing, scoring goals would be nice too. Until that happens i will judge him on what he has actually shown so far. I don't doubt his ability for a second i do doubt his commitment though.

Ryan Gosling
Seeing him in training every day, playing every week and showing 100% commitment when playing, scoring goals would be nice too. Until that happens i will judge him on what he has actually shown so far. I don't doubt his ability for a second i do doubt his commitment though.

That's fair, however it is a two-way street.

He needs to be selected every week. Because training every day but not playing turns him into Juho!

That's fair, however it is a two-way street.

He needs to be selected every week. Because training every day but not playing turns him into Juho!

Would agree with that again though he has to show in training he wants to play. Unless you are saying he was commited and fit but was not selected ? If so it is just another one of the many reasons that Frail should he sacked.

Ryan Gosling
Would agree with that again though he has to show in training he wants to play. Unless you are saying he was commited and fit but was not selected ? If so it is just another one of the many reasons that Frail should he sacked.

I don't need to say it, other people have said it already who have spoken to him in the last week. Not the first time it's happened either. Frail doesn't like him, I get that impression.

I don't need to say it, other people have said it already who have spoken to him in the last week. Not the first time it's happened either. Frail doesn't like him, I get that impression.

You have to remember the form clum is in at the moment makes it impossible for anyone to get a game before him. :mw_rolleyes:

The quicker this season is over and we get a proper manager the better.

Archived