WHERE THE ****** IS PINILLA?

CBjambo

Threads like this will sadly continue until Pinilla leaves our club.

No offence to the lad but he is obviously from the Paul Gascoigne school of mental health.

Shame really, he looked the business.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Threads like this will sadly continue until Pinilla leaves our club.

No offence to the lad but he is obviously from the Paul Gascoigne school of mental health.

Shame really, he looked the business.

he was in the opal lounge last week, tried to Sh*g my workmates flatmate

Did he have toy animals and was he doing some faux ventriliquist thing? Making the toy animals say "show us your hits"?

Obviously the last word is not the one I wanted to use.

I met him in Gusto on Friday. He didn't try to shag me though.:mw_rolleyes:

Was really nice and smiled when I told him what I thought of Calum Elliot and that we needed him back.

Thats shocking ! he shoulda at least taken her home first :eek:

Seriously have you got a single shred of evidence to back that statement up ? You have a go at some fans for wanting to get rid of him and then come out with that belter.

The only evidence we have this far has shown the guy has been a complete waste of money at just about every single club he has played for.

??? He?s been quoted several times in the press about it. Plus if you want you can add that Chris seems to know him and has said the same several times. Plus he has looked keen every time he?s been on the pitch playing for Hearts.

Apart from that, no.;)

I know it gets busy at the bar in there but really!

Guest S.U.S.S.
I completely understand the bin him arguments.

I just feel there's a player there. I believe he wants to play, and has been extremely unlucky with injuries etc.

I'd rather stick with him in the hope he'll fulfill his potential, than persist with people we know are not good enough.

I'll agree its maybe last chance saloon for him though.

Mate, i totally agree with you, he IS a class act, i just dont think his heart is in it. Did he not want to retire at 30 or something, think he looks on us as a soft touch now.

Hope im wrong, a fit and motivated Pinilla would be an asset to any team.

winston churchill
My abiding memory of Pinilla will be him mis kicking the football in front of goal at the Dunbar end at ER in the 1-1 game this season.

John

i've mentioned this before john.he had the chance to tuck total hoofball away that day.

he wont be back until he's had a dream saying he can play.

To keep on supporting Pinilla in the vain hope of some kind of lazarus comeback is astonishing.

Calum Elliot has contributed a more worthy cause to Hearts and yet judging by the majority who would post on here, he isn't more than a first division player masquerading as an SPL striker.

Pinilla's 'efforts' for Hearts are laughable. His list of excuses is frankly ridiculous and any other player would have been dismissed a long time ago and yes, the money factor is very important when you consider the meager return we've had from this impostor.

People laud him as some kind of untapped striking genius. The man's goal per game ratio is below average at best and certainly not worth the money we throw at him.

Next you'll be telling us that Vladimir Romanov will produce the goods and make us league champions...

:o

What?s the difference between the return we?ve had from Pinilla and that from Elliot? Elliot has scored 7 goals in 60 games yet only scored in 4 games. Pinilla I cannot give the exact stats for but it must be about 4 goals in 6 games of something. Difference is negligible unless you think the fact that Calum has been out there running around, being a waste of a jersey, makes him more valuable to the team and the club...

An unfit Pinilla is still better than what we currently have.

Exactly! The prospect of watching Pinilla play would raise the pre-match excitement levels which for me sank to an all-time low last Saturday...

Anyone?

I heard he is refusing to play as he feels he is not fit enough, yet the club reckon he is fine now. If that is the case it confirms everything i've thought of him for some time... a prima dona and total waste of money by Hearts! :mad:

Who cares. Terminate his contract. He's not the new (football) messiah.

Spoke with Pinilla today and I can confirm he is keen to play and if selected he would look forward to get a run out at the weekend. Lets wait and see if he gets picked.

Guest S.U.S.S.
Spoke with Pinilla today and I can confirm he is keen to play and if selected he would look forward to get a run out at the weekend. Lets wait and see if he gets picked.

Are you the voice in his head?

Are you the voice in his head?

Your signature shows an extreme liking of Shameless, Do you think there are any comparisons with Tynecastle and it's organisation?

Exactly! The prospect of watching Pinilla play would raise the pre-match excitement levels which for me sank to an all-time low last Saturday...

Sorry but how many games do you expect him to play for us? 1 game before the season finishes, and perhaps another at Christmas?

2 games a season @ ?2m per season or whatever.

His contract must be terminated ASAP. His wages could go to a player that wants to play for Hearts next season.

Those comparing him to Elliot or Mole need to get a reality check. How much in wages is he taking compared to them?

Guest S.U.S.S.
Your signature shows an extreme liking of Shameless, Do you think there are any comparisons with Tynecastle and it's organisation?

I thought it was a pre season documentary for a while.

hearts_crazy

If he ever plays for us again, and manages to get a run of games:mw_rolleyes: I give it 3 games and if he doesn't score this forum will be full of Pinilla GTF threads, I just don't get why some folk have put him on a pedestal, he's done sod all to deserve such adulation.

I see people want Mole to play upfront fro us now.

This is the same Jamie Mole who couldnt get a game for QOTS as he was s*** in training and also drove to Hamilton for the home game against them when he was expected to start!

He is not good enough to start a game for Queens, never mind Hearts!

If, and I repeat, if, he is fit and is simply refusing to play, surely the club could sack him for breach of contract.

I cringe to think how much we've haemorrhaged on this guy.

Why not ask Vlad he signed him to begin with. Obviously he doesnt mind throwing large sums of money away at a time just ask Pinilla and Kingston.

Sorry but how many games do you expect him to play for us? 1 game before the season finishes, and perhaps another at Christmas?

2 games a season @ ?2m per season or whatever.

His contract must be terminated ASAP. His wages could go to a player that wants to play for Hearts next season.

Those comparing him to Elliot or Mole need to get a reality check. How much in wages is he taking compared to them?

What makes you think the money would be spent any more wisely? On track record the savings from giving up on Pinilla would be spent on about 5 average to poor players who would sit on the bench or not get a game whether fit or otherwise! So what?s the difference? Does Makela contribute any more to the club than Beslija? Did Kanchelskis, Petras, Straceny, Johnston? Do Basso, Beslija, Chesney? All of them together! Even Aguiar has contributed nothing for a year because he is injured! Should we punt him too?

Why hasn't he played any games for the reserves?

Guest JamboRobbo
What makes you think the money would be spent any more wisely? On track record the savings from giving up on Pinilla would be spent on about 5 average to poor players who would sit on the bench or not get a game whether fit or otherwise! So what?s the difference? Does Makela contribute any more to the club than Beslija? Did Kanchelskis, Petras, Straceny, Johnston? Do Basso, Beslija, Chesney? All of them together! Even Aguiar has contributed nothing for a year because he is injured! Should we punt him too?

And whats your suggestion? Keep all these guys who never play. :rolleyes:

We did get rid of Kanchelskis, Petras, Straceny, Johntson etc, for exactly the same reason we should get rid of Pinilla. Costing money. Not playing.

And whats your suggestion? Keep all these guys who never play. :rolleyes:

We did get rid of Kanchelskis, Petras, Straceny, Johntson etc, for exactly the same reason we should get rid of Pinilla. Costing money. Not playing.

Nope. Persevere with the quality one (Pinilla) and bin all the stocking fillers. I just feel that injury is a valid reason for not playing but being fit but not good enough is not!

Hilary Briss

Jim, are you the gut that knows Pinilla on here ???

If so, do you reckon he would want to stay at Hearts next season if he was fit or is he looking to move on ??

Sorry, but unlike you I don't think he has a valid injury or any physical injury for that matter. Aguiar had a bloody tumor removed from his foot, so he has an excuse for being injured long term.

Pinilla is a waste of wages. Makela and Besliga were available for selection while at the club, but didn't get a persistent run in the team.

I'm not advocating signing 5 players with his wages, but you could certainly get at least one proven quality SPL player for his wages. He doesn't want to play for Hearts - its time you woke up and realised this. He is deadwood and the club need to move him on or just terminate his contract and cut our losses.

Boaby Ewing

Quite, I'm happy enough to persevere with Pinilla as it's not like our player budget is a zero sum game.

If I thought selling him/getting him off the wage bill would result in us investing in a player of similar potential/quality who we could almost guarantee would get a game, I'd feel differently, but we're already through the looking glass here.

It's the same argument about selling any decent player like Velicka. The money offered was decent, but I couldn't get enthused about it as I don't see the money coming back into the team.

I still want to cut the real dead wood (i.e. don't play, minimal potential) but more for reasons of squad cohesion etc. than any worries about the wage bill.

I veer between being concerned about our finances to not giving a feck as it's all too opaque. So for now I'll concentrate on at least keeping quality players with potential, even if they've disappointed so far.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jambo Jim

Why hasn't he played any games for the reserves?

He has not played for the reserves because he has been injured. He now is keen to play for the reserves as soon as possible so that he can get back in the team as quickly as possible. When he and Makkela are both scoring for the reserves hopefully Frail will get over himself and pick strikers who score goals. Frail is as bad as Vlad for picking his own cronies.

(I almost said picking from his inner circle, but whilst that may be true, it does not convey the image I intended...;) )

Quite, I'm happy enough to persevere with Pinilla as it's not like our player budget is a zero sum game.

If I thought selling him/getting him off the wage bill would result in us investing in a player of similar potential/quality who we could almost guarantee would get a game, I'd feel differently, but we're already through the looking glass here.

It's the same argument about selling any decent player like Velicka. The money offered was decent, but I couldn't get enthused about it as I don't see the money coming back into the team.

I still want to cut the real dead wood (i.e. don't play, minimal potential) but more for reasons of squad cohesion etc. than any worries about the wage bill.

I veer between being concerned about our finances to not giving a feck as it's all too opaque. So for now I'll concentrate on at least keeping quality players with potential, even if they've disappointed so far.

I wish I?d said it as concisely as that.:beer:

Sorry, but unlike you I don't think he has a valid injury or any physical injury for that matter. Aguiar had a bloody tumor removed from his foot, so he has an excuse for being injured long term.

Pinilla is a waste of wages. Makela and Besliga were available for selection while at the club, but didn't get a persistent run in the team.

I'm not advocating signing 5 players with his wages, but you could certainly get at least one proven quality SPL player for his wages. He doesn't want to play for Hearts - its time you woke up and realised this. He is deadwood and the club need to move him on or just terminate his contract and cut our losses.

How can I argue with pure conjecture other than to say "that is pure conjecture and it makes the rest irrelevant"

Guest JamboRobbo
Nope. Persevere with the quality one (Pinilla) and bin all the stocking fillers. I just feel that injury is a valid reason for not playing but being fit but not good enough is not!

If there was any sign that Pinilla was any more likely to play for HMFC in the coming years than in the previous 2, I'd agree with you.

His career stats suggest that ain't very likely...

And him saying "im better now" doesn't count for much in my book. He's forever telling people he's sorted his problems out - he's even done it multiple times whilst at HMFC - then a few minutes later, the next reason why he can't play crops up.

Boaby Ewing
If there was any sign that Pinilla was any more likely to play for HMFC in the coming years than in the previous 2, I'd agree with you.

His career stats suggest that ain't likely...

Fair enough, but I just can't get that bothered about it.

We're spunking money up the wall left, right and centre anyway, and while that's concerning, I don't think Pinilla's exactly indicative of that general problem.

Guest JamboRobbo
Fair enough, but I just can't get that bothered about it.

We're spunking money up the wall left, right and centre anyway, and while that's concerning, I don't think Pinilla's exactly indicative of that general problem.

I'm not all that bothered about it either. Just don't think we should dish out another contract given what we now know after 2 years of having him on the books.

How can I argue with pure conjecture other than to say "that is pure conjecture and it makes the rest irrelevant"

No - I'll give you one reason. At pre-season he injured his hand - that put him out for 6 months. A player in England got the same injury but had it strapped up and was playing again the next week.

The only injuries he has are of the mental kind. You are deluding yourself if you think he will ever be a regular player at HMFC.

He is one of the highest costs on our wage book, and isn't earning his money. Even if we didn't get replacements in it would be a small step in the right direction to managing the debt.

Boaby Ewing
I'm not all that bothered about it either. Just don't think we should dish out another contract given what we now know after 2 years of having him on the books.

I want the last word on this thread. :P

Ryan Gosling
No - I'll give you one reason. At pre-season he injured his hand - that put him out for 6 months. A player in England got the same injury but had it strapped up and was playing again the next week.

The only injuries he has are of the mental kind. You are deluding yourself if you think he will ever be a regular player at HMFC.

He is one of the highest costs on our wage book, and isn't earning his money. Even if we didn't get replacements in it would be a small step in the right direction to managing the debt.

10 weeks - as predicted by the Hearts site when he sustained the injury.

;)

;)

Aye, but the point is how can he be out that long when he could have his arm strapped up and play the next week like a premiership player did with the same injury?

I have no idea what his latest "injury" is. He must have invented one for every letter in the alphabet by now.

;)

Then he came back for how long Chris....?

Ryan Gosling
Aye, but the point is how can he be out that long when he could have his arm strapped up and play the next week like a premiership player did with the same injury?

I have no idea what his latest "injury" is. He must have invented one for every letter in the alphabet by now.

Probably the same injury that said he may miss the rest of the season. :confused:

And I thought the wrist injury was explained - he couldn't play as long as there were pins in the arm (6 weeks), then once they were removed he started training again.

Then he came back for how long Chris....?

3 weeks. :D

Ryan Gosling
We should have got rid of him when he went back to Chile at the latest

That was like 8 months ago.

Archived