Elvis huddle talk pre 4-0 semi pumping

Calel

I was reading yesterday's Evening News and in the 'This is My Story' section the boy had Elvis in his greatest Hearts 11 and said that Elvis once told him personally what he said in the huddle prior to pumping the Hibees 4 nowt in the semi 2 years ago but basically it wasn't suitable for the newspaper.

Anybody any idea what was said?? :107years:

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He said I'm a dirty mhank and i can't wait to join the filth!

In that case he can come back and say that every week.

I think the boy (BB) was drunk when he did the interview ..

He doesn't drink. In fact, the very spirit of sobriety.

We still have 5 players who started that day. Neilson, Goncalves, Aguair, Cesnauskas and Elliot. Think we got rid of the wrong half :(

boy_in_maroon

he also had prentice up front with robertson, prentice was a left winger,

he also went on to say that any one who thought that cruickshank or gordon was greater than niemi did not know their football................

The guy is not old enough to have seen, cruickshank play!!!!!!!!!

:P:mw_rolleyes:

We still have 5 players who started that day. Neilson, Goncalves, Aguair, Cesnauskas and Elliot. Think we got rid of the wrong half :(

Gordon, Pressley, Webster, Skacel, Hartley and Jankauskas.

You think?

he also had prentice up front with robertson, prentice was a left winger,

he also went on to say that any one who thought that cruickshank or gordon was greater than niemi did not know their football................

The guy is not old enough to have seen, cruickshank play!!!!!!!!!

:P:mw_rolleyes:

Did Cruickie not play in th same team as Prentice?

Not having a go at that particular contributor to that column, but the teams often chosen in that astonish me.

Gary Mackay gets picked by so many because he "is a jambo through and through" or "he bleeds maroon" or "he would give 110%". There are many fans older than me that have seen better players than me in maroon, Gary Mackay is one that I saw regularly and he would not be close to my dream Hearts XI.

Not having a go at that particular contributor to that column, but the teams often chosen in that astonish me.

Gary Mackay gets picked by so many because he "is a jambo through and through" or "he bleeds maroon" or "he would give 110%". There are many fans older than me that have seen better players than me in maroon, Gary Mackay is one that I saw regularly and he would not be close to my dream Hearts XI.

he wasni in my team lol

He said I'm a dirty mhank and i can't wait to join the filth!

go and wash your mouth out with soap ya bam

Anyhoo the guy that did the questionnaire is a huge Hearts fan who lives and breaths the club. Some of these posts hint at the fact he isn't. Not so.

another potentially good thread gone bad.

Pressley is Hearts Legend. Im sure the speech that day was a good one and would also be interested if anyone knew.

I know before one of the games perhaps before this one he done the "any given sunday" speech, would post it but dont really know how.

Say What Again

Totally agree BH.

Gary Mackay would be nowhere near the midfield of my Hearts XI.

I wonder if he'd get in any if he was, for instance, a Partick fan?

Guest S.U.S.S.
go and wash your mouth out with soap ya bam

Why?

Because he refuses to wax lyrical about the man who took the silver to buy his silence from mad vlad then pumped his chest in defiance?

Buffalo Bill
Anyhoo the guy that did the questionnaire is a huge Hearts fan who lives and breaths the club. Some of these posts hint at the fact he isn't. Not so.

I think I know his brother.

Buffalo Bill

Buffalo Bill
Yeah, but he's a tosser.

It takes one to know one. ;)

Buffalo Bill

Buffalo Bill

Hey Tazio, beat my team:

Gordon (05/06)

McLaren (91/92)

Levein (85/86)

Weir (96/97)

Fysass (05/06)

Colquhoun (87/88)

Hartley (05/06)

Cameron (96/97)

Skacel (05/06)

Robertson (87/88)

Jankauskis (05/06)

Manager: Alex Macdonald

Buffalo Bill

Hey Tazio, beat my team:

Gordon (05/06)

McLaren (91/92)

Levein (85/86)

Weir (96/97)

Fysass (05/06)

Colquhoun (87/88)

Hartley (05/06)

Cameron (96/97)

Skacel (05/06)

Robertson (87/88)

Jankauskis (05/06)

Buffalo Bill

Niemi

Frail - McLaren - Levein - Fyssas

Prentice - Cameron - Hartley - Skacel

Robertson - Clark

Based on effectiveness as opposed to talent.

Carl Weathers
Hey Tazio, beat my team:

Gordon (05/06)

McLaren (91/92)

Levein (85/86)

Weir (96/97)

Fysass (05/06)

Colquhoun (87/88)

Hartley (05/06)

Cameron (96/97)

Skacel (05/06)

Robertson (87/88)

Jankauskis (05/06)

Buffalo Bill

I'd have Pressley for Weir and Adam for Jankauskis.

Possibly Niemi for Gordon but that's 50/50.

Buffalo Bill
I'd have Pressley for Weir and Adam for Jankauskis.

Possibly Niemi for Gordon but that's 50/50.

50/50?

That's a high scoring game!

Buffalo Bill

Buffalo Bill
Niemi

Frail - McLaren - Levein - Fyssas

Prentice - Cameron - Hartley - Skacel

Robertson - Clark

Based on effectiveness as opposed to talent.

I thought long and hard about Frail as right back (94/95 form).

I think Janny's 05/06 form (doubters: watch the 'Glorous' DVD and then come back to me) shades anything Clark did (though I loved Clark as a player).

Bobby Prentice?

Before my time, Baby. :confused:

Buffalo Bill

AllowayJambo

How about Gary Naysmith the year before he left? Think he may be the best LB I've seen at tynie and that includes Fyssas (tin hat on)

Buffalo Bill
How about Gary Naysmith the year before he left? Think he may be the best LB I've seen at tynie and that includes Fyssas (tin hat on)

That's a fair shout.

Did you see how many of my players Tazio picked for his own XI? :mw_rolleyes:

Buffalo Bill

That's a fair shout.

Buffalo Bill

Seven

But my formation was better.

AllowayJambo
That's a fair shout.

Buffalo Bill

Yeah, imagine someone copying a team that's been chosen by another source and trying to pass it off as your own, that's just bizarre :rolleyes:

Yeah, imagine someone copying a team that's been chosen by another source and trying to pass it off as your own, that's just bizarre :rolleyes:

Meaning?

Buffalo Bill
Seven

But my formation was better.

Yeah your 4-4-2 really out-foxed my er, 4-4-2! :confused:

You picked Frail but McLaren would take him out in the first minute.

...before his head explodes.

Buffao Bill

You picked Frail but McLaren would take him out in the first minute.

Buffalo Bill

Wouldn't opposite right backs be on different sides of the park?

AllowayJambo
Meaning?

Sarcasm my friend, sarcasm. we've had managers doing that for the past 2 years thats all I'm implying!:)

Janny before Sandy Clark????????:sad: Never in a million years. Velicka was better than that big lazy lump o wid, but hey, it's all about opinions..;)

rudi must stay
Janny before Sandy Clark????????:sad: Never in a million years. Velicka was better than that big lazy lump o wid, but hey, it's all about opinions..;)

would agree with that. Who cares if Janny had 1 good season with us, we signed him for 2.

would agree with that. Who cares if Janny had 1 good season with us, we signed him for 2.

Correct..... 1 good season, not great, and one absolute wages thief the second.:confused::confused::sad:

I tell you what, we would improve this current sorry team 100% if we had someone with Mackay's drive and determination in the midfield.

Buffalo Bill

Clearly, I picked my players on a particular season's form basis (hence the brackets).

Janny was magnificent 05/06 and again, I say watch the 'Glorious' DVD again before making judgement.

A quality player.

Pish the next season.

Buffalo Bill

you should put your own one in.

p.m me for the guys e-maill address.

u also get a bottle of whisky for your trouble.

i did mine a few weeks & i had mackay in mine as a matter of fact not because he bled maroon etc but because of his workrate, versatility and passion for the game (ok the last one reads a bit like bleeding maroon). ;)

:107years:

What about -

Duff,

Kirk McKenzie

Mackay Glidden Cumming

Young Conn Bauld Wardaugh Crawford.

I think i'm going to cry....

I tell you what, we would improve this current sorry team 100% if we had someone with Mackay's drive and determination in the midfield.

"Drive" and "determination." Still no terms like "ability" or "passing" eh? I take it you have had your team in afore and said something like my post! ;)

Our current team could be improved by putting in ANYBODY that would try. That is a sad indictment of our team, not praise of Gary Mackay.

Colonel Kurtz

The speach from Al pacino was played regularly ,it was also included on an under 19 highlight DVD.

It wasny quoted in the huddle

you should put your own one in.

p.m me for the guys e-maill address.

u also get a bottle of whisky for your trouble.

i did mine a few weeks & i had mackay in mine as a matter of fact not because he bled maroon etc but because of his workrate, versatility and passion for the game (ok the last one reads a bit like bleeding maroon). ;)

:107years:

I have to agree that MacKay would be in my team, and one of the first, and all becuase of his footballing abilities, adn remarkable strength to be a team player. Quite how he got so few caps beggar belief. It is reasonable to suggest that without Gary MacKay, John Robertson would perhaps not have scored as many goals, or been the player he was.

I have to agree that MacKay would be in my team, and one of the first, and all becuase of his footballing abilities, adn remarkable strength to be a team player. Quite how he got so few caps beggar belief. It is reasonable to suggest that without Gary MacKay, John Robertson would perhaps not have scored as many goals, or been the player he was.

Could not agree more, in his prime a top player, the regular classic robbo mackay one two on the edge of the box !

Wrong to suggest people only think of him as a class player as he was a jambo, that helped yes, but he had genuine ability unlike a modern day pretender.

Elvis once told him personally what he said in the huddle prior to pumping the Hibees 4 nowt in the semi 2 years ago

I'll be getting my pieces of silver in a year or so's time.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Archived