Elvis huddle talk pre 4-0 semi pumping

Calel

Drylaw Hearts
So what did Elvis say?

"Let's get into these fecking Leith barstewards, Their fecking fans are sh it scared of us and haven't even bothered coming to their biggest game of the season. Let's make sure the feckers that did come, go home crying their fecking eyes out."

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Drylaw Hearts
I'll be getting my pieces of silver in a year or so's time.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

....after I've been stabbed in the back by the owner.

Dirk Diggler
"Let's get into these fecking Leith barstewards, Their fecking fans are sh it scared of us and haven't even bothered coming to their biggest game of the season. Let's make sure the feckers that did come, go home crying their fecking eyes out."

Sweet.

I said something similar to the bairn.

She was 3 months old.

I was reading yesterday's Evening News and in the 'This is My Story' section the boy had Elvis in his greatest Hearts 11 and said that Elvis once told him personally what he said in the huddle prior to pumping the Hibees 4 nowt in the semi 2 years ago but basically it wasn't suitable for the newspaper.

Anybody any idea what was said?? :107years:

"basically it wasnt suitable for the newspaper"

Glad you can read you dyslexic tw@t

Guest S.U.S.S.
....after I've been stabbed in the back by the owner.

And yet Mr Hearts took money to stay quiet sit in the house and be unable to sign for anyone till January.

Not, refuse the money and be binned able to sign right away as a free agent AND MOST IMPORTANTLY tell us what went on as he would not have signed the confidentiality agreement.

Drylaw Hearts
And yet Mr Hearts took money to stay quiet sit in the house and be unable to sign for anyone till January.

Not, refuse the money and be binned able to sign right away as a free agent AND MOST IMPORTANTLY tell us what went on as he would not have signed the confidentiality agreement.

:rolleyes:

If Elvis had decided not accept the package on offer from VR he would have sat in the house until last Summer on full pay.

Going 9 months without playing a competitive match is not something a 33 year finds appealing.

BTW, he left with a pay-off which was only a small fraction of the value of the remainder of his contract.

Guest S.U.S.S.

If Elvis had decided not accept the package on offer from VR he would have sat in the house until last Summer on full pay.

Going 9 months without playing a competitive match is not something a 33 year finds appealing.

BTW, he left with a pay-off which was only a small fraction of the value of the remainder of his contract.

but he now has a contract with them so the pay off matters very little. The fact he signed the confidentiality agreement disappointed me.

So how do you explain Judas hardly playing a competitive game since he went there? Apart from his fist-pumping performance at Tynecastle of course. :rolleyes:

Drylaw Hearts
So how do you explain Judas hardly playing a competitive game since he went there? Apart from his fist-pumping performance at Tynecastle of course. :rolleyes:

He played nearly 20 matches in the remainder of the 2006/2007 Season winning an SPL medal and a Scottish Cup Winners medal.

He has rarely figured this Season but do Celtic have the best defensive record in the SPL.

Drylaw Hearts
but he now has a contract with them so the pay off matters very little. The fact he signed the confidentiality agreement disappointed me.

And me.

But the support for him from the Hearts fans when he was suspended wasn't exactly overwelming.

Was it ?

Elvis was severly shafted by VR/PL/VI.

He just wanted out.

Any 'Chest Pumping' wasn't directed at us - it was directed at the nob in the stand who owns us.

And me.

But the support for him from the Hearts fans when he was suspended wasn't exactly overwelming.

Was it ?

Elvis was severly shafted by VR/PL/VI.

He just wanted out.

Any 'Chest Pumping' wasn't directed at us - it was directed at the nob in the stand who owns us.

If the last bit was true, why was the chest pumping not aimed at the directors box instead of the School End?

Drylaw Hearts
If the last bit was true, why was the chest pumping not aimed at the directors box instead of the School End?

I don't know.

But pumping his chest towards the centre stand would not have been a good idea.

At least the School End was mainly Celtic fans.

I don't know.

Exactly DH. Vlads (empty) seat is not in the School End.

IMO the chest pumping that day was aimed at a lot more people than Vlad.

Maybe one day I will be able to look back at Elvis as being one of the greatest Hearts captains in my lifetime but right now all I remember is those 30 seconds at the end of the game.

He played nearly 20 matches in the remainder of the 2006/2007 Season winning an SPL medal and a Scottish Cup Winners medal.

He has rarely figured this Season but do Celtic have the best defensive record in the SPL.

But that was Hearts' view though wasn't it? They saw him as nearing the end of his playing career and offered him a promotion, he stated that he had "at least" three good years left.

It did not surprise me to see him play regularly for the remaining games of that season, it has not surprised me to see him miss out this season also. I would say that the stance that Hearts made seems accurate.

Pressley made a pigs ear of the situation, the only way out for him was to cut a deal and leave.

Drylaw Hearts
But that was Hearts' view though wasn't it? They saw him as nearing the end of his playing career and offered him a promotion, he stated that he had "at least" three good years left.

It did not surprise me to see him play regularly for the remaining games of that season, it has not surprised me to see him miss out this season also. I would say that the stance that Hearts made seems accurate.

Pressley made a pigs ear of the situation, the only way out for him was to cut a deal and leave.

Having seen what we have since he was 'dropped' at Falkirk I don't think Hearts were right.

I would rather have had Elvis alongside Berra this Season than Zaliukas.

Having seen what we have since he was 'dropped' at Falkirk I don't think Hearts were right.

I would rather have had Elvis alongside Berra this Season than Zaliukas.

I don't think Zaliukas is a good defender, I also do not think that Pressley is what we require.

Drylaw Hearts
I don't think Zaliukas is a good defender, I also do not think that Pressley is what we require.

But who would you rather have had ?

But who would you rather have had ?

Christ where to begin?

From our current playing squad, Tall. Bringing in a defender? I would look at the two young defenders from Motherwell and Falkirk (Reynolds and Barr) for the future, for the present, we would need an older head to play alongside Berra, just not so old they are prone to goal conceding errors. ;) I cannot think of one off of the top of my head but I don't have a vast network of scouts. For example, I had never heard of Brellier, only heard the name Skacel and had never seen him play, didn't think that Fyssas would come to Edinburgh etc.

Drylaw Hearts
Christ where to begin?

From our current playing squad, Tall. Bringing in a defender? I would look at the two young defenders from Motherwell and Falkirk (Reynolds and Barr) for the future, for the present, we would need an older head to play alongside Berra, just not so old they are prone to goal conceding errors. ;) I cannot think of one off of the top of my head but I don't have a vast network of scouts. For example, I had never heard of Brellier, only heard the name Skacel and had never seen him play, didn't think that Fyssas would come to Edinburgh etc.

You know aswell as I do the options were Elvis or Zalukas.

But Elvis was creating waves by voicing his concerns - concerns that have since all been proven 100% spot on.

VR didn't like Elvis speaking his mind.

The issue that caused Elvis's eventual leaving was not influenced by his ability as a footballer it was because he was openly worried about what direction the club was taking and how it was being run from top to bottom.

It all got messy at the end but the offer made to Elvis was one which the Club were well aware wouldn't be accepted.

They wanted him out and they got their way.

You know aswell as I do the options were Elvis or Zalukas.

But Elvis was creating waves by voicing his concerns - concerns that have since all been proven 100% spot on.

VR didn't like Elvis speaking his mind.

The issue that caused Elvis's eventual leaving was not influenced by his ability as a footballer it was because he was openly worried about what direction the club was taking and how it was being run from top to bottom.

It all got messy at the end but the offer made to Elvis was one which the Club were well aware wouldn't be accepted.

They wanted him out and they got their way.

Strange they offered him a contract extension and the job of coaching the under 19's then.

You know as well as I do that Pressley made a pigs ear of the meeting, doing something that would mean that any of us would lose our jobs.

Irrespective of what they thought of him speaking out, when offered a coaching spot and told he was not playing as well as he had and he would not be a regular in the team, it was Pressley that messed up.

Drylaw Hearts
Strange they offered him a contract extension and the job of coaching the under 19's then.

You know as well as I do that Pressley made a pigs ear of the meeting, doing something that would mean that any of us would lose our jobs.

Irrespective of what they thought of him speaking out, when offered a coaching spot and told he was not playing as well as he had and he would not be a regular in the team, it was Pressley that messed up.

They offered him a contract extension but then told him they didn't see him being part of the team reguarly !!

Yet both Valdas and Vlad had told him just a few days prior to the offer that he was 'the cement of the team'.

So as a player who wants to play every week signing his career away wasn't an option.

He proved them wrong by going on to be an almost ever present and winning 2 medals with Celtic in the remainder of that season.

And from what I've seen of our defense this season and last - Elvis would have been a better option than ANY OTHER player in the squad to partner Berra.

And as for dropping him because he wasn't playing well - what tosh.

Zaliukas was/is murder yet was seen as a better replacement.

They were wrong and he was right.

That will never change.

Drylaw Hearts
If Elvis had kept his mouth shut he would still be at Hearts and we would be a better team.

Don't be ridiculous.

We were on the slippery slope even then.

VR was interfering even then and our results were suffering because of it.

They offered him a contract extension but then told him they didn't see him being part of the team reguarly !!

Yet both Valdas and Vlad had told him just a few days prior to the offer that he was 'the cement of the team'.

So as a player who wants to play every week signing his career away wasn't an option.

He proved them wrong by going on to be an almost ever present and winning 2 medals with Celtic in the remainder of that season.

And from what I've seen of our defense this season and last - Elvis would have been a better option than ANY OTHER player in the squad to partner Berra.

And as for dropping him because he wasn't playing well - what tosh.

Zaliukas was/is murder yet was seen as a better replacement.

They were wrong and he was right.

That will never change.

Again neglecting to mention his actions in that meeting that would have gotten any of us sacked. Anyway, we have debated this many times mate, it seems we will never agree!:)

Drylaw Hearts
Again neglecting to mention his actions in that meeting that would have gotten any of us sacked. Anyway, we have debated this many times mate, it seems we will never agree!:)

His actions at the meeting have nothing to do with it.

They offered him a deal and he told them to ****** off. I acknowledge that.

It is prior to this meeting that the real issues lie.

The whole point I'm trying to make is that the club were wrong to dismiss him as a player when you look at what we've had to suffer since he left.

We have suffered as a team because of the actions of those who run the Club but rather that accept his point of view and investigate these concerns he was ignored and a plot began to take him out of the limelight - Coaching U19's.

How can you possibly justify demoting him when he played another 20 matches and won 2 medals later that Season ??

Everything he was concerned about has all been spot on :-

Coaching

Fitness

Player Selection Policy

Medicle Staff

All the above things have contributed to us lingering in the bottom 6.

He knew we were on the way down the league and he wanted to try and stop the decline.

But they thought they knew best.

They were wrong and the changes they have made since is an admission of that.

If you could ask any Manager in the SPL who they would rather have in their team - even now - Zaliukas or Elvis I would be 100% sure they would all plump for the latter.

But as I said earlier Elvis leaving had nothing to do with Football.

But everything to do with his views.

Views that have been voiced by others - including you bh, thousands of times.

He was right and they were wrong.

"basically it wasnt suitable for the newspaper"

Glad you can read you dyslexic tw@t

Clearly a concept you are struggling with bell-end.

Spitonastranger
I don't know.

i sit behind the dugout and the chest pumping was done in front of us as well:mad:

cobbyshambles
Hey Tazio, beat my team:

Gordon (05/06)

McLaren (91/92)

Levein (85/86)

Weir (96/97)

Fysass (05/06)

Colquhoun (87/88)

Hartley (05/06)

Cameron (96/97)

Skacel (05/06)

Robertson (87/88)

Jankauskis (05/06)

Manager: Alex Macdonald

Buffalo Bill

adam was better than jankauskis

Buffalo Bill

Possibly, but you have to try and understand that my team is based on a particular season's form.

For instance, Janny's 05/06 form was way better than Adam's 98/99, 99/00, 00/01 and 01/02.

But what about Adam's 97/98 form? It was probably his best, and much better than Janny's 06/07 excuse for a player.

So if you were to say to me 'Adam was better than Janny', then that means little, in relation to what I'm specifying.

But to pit Janny's 05/06 v Adam's 97/98 then you have a case.

Is that your point?

Adam 97/98 was great (although like Janny, he wasn't a prolific scorer).

Buffalo Bill

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Got to say the comment about Elvis not getting support from the fans is a bit harsh.

Have you blanked out the games where 18000 people were singning 'One Steven Pressley' as loud as they could?

Not sure what else we could have done .... he thanked us though when he returned to Tynecastle as captain of Celtic. :rolleyes:

siegementality
IMO the chest pumping that day was aimed at a lot more people than Vlad.

Correct! Probably aimed at have the feckers on here who hung him out to dry when he, Hartley and Gordon appeared at Riccarton.

Loyalty and respect works both ways.

Numerous posters on here sided with Romanov at the time of Riccarton Gate. How fecking stupid do they look now.

If anybody took thirty pieces of silver from Romanov then it was a large number of Hearts fans, and they're still taking it, hence the reason we're in this fecking mess. Pressley at least tried to do something about it. What have any of us done?.

" ... Cruikshank is better than Yashin ...

... Moller is better than Eusebio ... "

Ah they don't write terracing songs like that any more.

rudi must stay
Correct! Probably aimed at have the feckers on here who hung him out to dry when he, Hartley and Gordon appeared at Riccarton.

Numerous posters on here sided with Romanov at the time of Riccarton Gate. How fecking stupid do they look now.

If anybody took thirty pieces of silver from Romanov then it was a large number of Hearts fans, and they're still taking it, hence the reason we're in this fecking mess. Pressley at least tried to do something about it. What have any of us done?.

they look great. He ditched us from probably the most hated team in Scotland

Not very stupid at all. Would still much rather be at Tynecastle with Romanov than heading full steam to extinction at Murrayfield with Pieman.

IMHO Pressley had his own agenda and used that press conference to his personal advantage.

siegementality
Not very stupid at all. Would still much rather be at Tynecastle with Romanov than heading full steam to extinction at Murrayfield with Pieman.

IMHO Pressley had his own agenda and used that press conference to his personal advantage.

Absolute pesh!.

At a time when we all want answers as to wtf is going on at hearts i find it absurd that people still have a go at pressley for standing up and trying to tell us all what a farce things had become behind the scenes.I hate seing him playing for the mhanks and could have thumped him for his chest thumping charade but in my eyes he is a true hearts legend.Time for some to wake up and think about everything he has done for our club.How anyone can think the riccarton three had a hidden agend is beyond me.

How anyone can think the riccarton three had a hidden agend is beyond me.

I didn't say the three of them did. I said Prhesley did. Look at the reaction and body language of the other two, they look as if they were browbeaten into participating.

And suggesting Pressley is a legend is a disgrace to those that truly deserve that epithet; Bauld, Walker, Conn, Wardhaugh, Robertson, Cumming, Busby, Glidden, Mackay etc etc. :mad:

Commander Harris
" ... Cruikshank is better than Yashin ...

... Moller is better than Eusebio ... "

Ah they don't write terracing songs like that any more.

"tiswas is better than swap shop." :biggrin:

His actions at the meeting have nothing to do with it.

They offered him a deal and he told them to ****** off. I acknowledge that.

It is prior to this meeting that the real issues lie.

The whole point I'm trying to make is that the club were wrong to dismiss him as a player when you look at what we've had to suffer since he left.

He was allowed to leave due to his outburst and the way he reacted to being offered a coaching role.

We have suffered as a team because of the actions of those who run the Club but rather that accept his point of view and investigate these concerns he was ignored and a plot began to take him out of the limelight - Coaching U19's.

How can you possibly justify demoting him when he played another 20 matches and won 2 medals later that Season ??

He wasn't demoted or offered demotion, he was offered a role to keep him at the club after his playing days, which the current coaching staff felt were nearing the end. He was not about to be completely cast aside, he was simply told he would not be guaranteed first team football every week.

Everything he was concerned about has all been spot on :-

Coaching

Fitness

Player Selection Policy

Medicle Staff

All the above things have contributed to us lingering in the bottom 6.

He knew we were on the way down the league and he wanted to try and stop the decline.

But they thought they knew best.

They were wrong and the changes they have made since is an admission of that.

If you could ask any Manager in the SPL who they would rather have in their team - even now - Zaliukas or Elvis I would be 100% sure they would all plump for the latter.

But as I said earlier Elvis leaving had nothing to do with Football.

But everything to do with his views.

Views that have been voiced by others - including you bh, thousands of times.

He was right and they were wrong.

As for VR and his failings, I totally agree. He is far and away the big reason we are as fecked up as we are. I do not in anyway attempt to deflect the blame for our state. VR is to blame.

As for Pressley, VR is NOT to blame. As you say, Elvis leaving had nothing to do with football. It had everything to do with an employee having thoughts above his station and following them through far too far.

I think you would need to look at why so many, including myself, have taken sides against Pressley.

Was he right with his concerns? The answer has been proven yes.

However, what a lot of us have argued was that as soon as he walked into that press conferance his fate was sealed. No matter how measured he made his statement no club in the world would be able to overlook what he had done. At that point he was a dead man walking.

He burnt his bridges that day (maybe not intentionally) and I wish he had just come out and told the full story of what was happening behind the scenes.

He didn't though and he never has.

His way of answering the critisism he took was to turn up at Tynecastle in a celtic top and do a bit of chest thumping. He done a GIRUY to ALL OF US, innocent and guilty alike.

What have any of us done? Apart from griping, very little.

We had our chance with SOH and not enough of us took it.

VR was interfering even then and our results were suffering because of it.

Was Mr Romanov "interfering" when we won the Scottish Cup and qualified for the Champions League. Or do you think he just started it after we had a bit of success and thought he could have a bit of a laugh? :rolleyes:

CornhillHearts

Rich Elvis could not stand the heat and was coming to the end of his footballing life, saw an escape, the other 2 I have no problem with, Judas Pressley I cannot forgive.

I didn't say the three of them did. I said Prhesley did. Look at the reaction and body language of the other two, they look as if they were browbeaten into participating.

And suggesting Pressley is a legend is a disgrace to those that truly deserve that epithet; Bauld, Walker, Conn, Wardhaugh, Robertson, Cumming, Busby, Glidden, Mackay etc etc. :mad:

What a load of pi5h.

Imho pressley is and always will be a legend,and i would bet a vast majority of jambos share my views.

As for saying classing him a legend is a disgrace wtf.I have had the pleasure to see many great jambos busby,robbo,levein to name a few.Pressley is rightly beside them in legend status.

Would you have been so upset if he had joined rangers?

Rich Elvis could not stand the heat and was coming to the end of his footballing life, saw an escape, the other 2 I have no problem with, Judas Pressley I cannot forgive.

What Elvis did at riccarton was not for his gain - he did what he thought was best for Hearts. A club that meant a hell of a lot to him.

I was at the game where he was reported to chest pump and too be honest i never saw it - not saying it didn't happen but I never saw it. I did however hear the abuse the man got. Who here could honestly say they would not react in some way to thousands of people abusing them?

Elvis gave 100% everytime he pulled the hearts jersey on - I would have thought less of him if he didn't do the same for Celtic.

For what it is worth he knocked back the first offer they made - it was only when WGS offered ridiculous money he accepted.

Elvis is a hearts legend in my eyes!

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
What Elvis did at riccarton was not for his gain - he did what he thought was best for Hearts. A club that meant a hell of a lot to him.

I was at the game where he was reported to chest pump and too be honest i never saw it - not saying it didn't happen but I never saw it. I did however hear the abuse the man got. Who here could honestly say they would not react in some way to thousands of people abusing them?

Elvis gave 100% everytime he pulled the hearts jersey on - I would have thought less of him if he didn't do the same for Celtic.

For what it is worth he knocked back the first offer they made - it was only when WGS offered ridiculous money he accepted.

Can't find the exact picture but here is a wee taster of his patter that day. :sad:

_42449775_celtic2.jpg

Whether you seen it or not is irrelevant, he did do it!!!

However I cannot disregard the years previous to that when he was a tremendous captain idolised by thousands, will never hate him but he has tainted my memories of him for 30 seconds of madness:mad:

Craig Gordons Gloves
Was Mr Romanov "interfering" when we won the Scottish Cup and qualified for the Champions League. Or do you think he just started it after we had a bit of success and thought he could have a bit of a laugh? :rolleyes:

erm - yeah, i think you'll find he was. Rix? Ivanuaksas? Webster? Neilson? Skacel? Fyssas?

I'm curious- if elvis had gone to Rangers instead of Celtic - would you be banging on an on about him being a judas?

He did what he did. He was a great captain for us, some Hearts fans should be ashamed of the way he has been treated since Riccarton. I agree the chest thumping was wrong.

Pressley's name deserves to be in amongst the guys you mention above, and if you had a look at the respective records you will see why. In the days of players moving clubs on average every second season, think how long we had Elvis and dont forget we had him during his prime. You make it plainly obvious that the real issue you have with him is who he signed for.

His chest pumping was out of order, and more than likely aimed at one man, and probably regretted by SP, yet somehow it is understandable when you think of what he had lost. But it should never tarnish the memories of what he did for our club.

Did anyone have an issue when Pressley was inducted into our hall of fame? If they never had a problem then, how the hell can they justify one now?

Guest S.U.S.S.
erm - yeah, i think you'll find he was. Rix? Ivanuaksas? Webster? Neilson? Skacel? Fyssas?

I'm curious- if elvis had gone to Rangers instead of Celtic - would you be banging on an on about him being a judas?

He did what he did. He was a great captain for us, some Hearts fans should be ashamed of the way he has been treated since Riccarton. I agree the chest thumping was wrong.

What has the fact he joined the tinks got to do with anything?

Archived